Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Single mom migrating to au with child and partner..

Juleskie09Juleskie09 MandaluyongPosts: 6Member
edited November 2012 in Other Migration Topic
Hello everyone,, thank goodness i found this site. I am a single parent. My son is 4 yrs old and i have a boyfriend which ive been with for a year now. Im planning on applying for a job in au but if in case i will accepted, i would really want my partner and my son to come along with me. My question is, how do i do it? To make it clearer, i want the three of us to migrate to au at the same time. I have a cousin in au (australian citizen) which i think can sign the statutiry dec if its needed. Thanks so much!,, will be waiting for replies the whole day. Hehe... Btw, the job posted in which i wanted to apply is administrator. I have an internet cafe business here in ph. I have a degree in marketing but i dont have other jobs bec my shop provides for me and my son so i will only be able to provide docs / internet cafe permits. My partner doesnt have a job neither bec he worked previously in dubai and when he went hme, he applied abroad again but wasnt able to leave ph for 2 years now bec of some reasons.. Thanks again..

Comments

• rara_avisrara_avis North Ryde
    @Juleskie09

My son is 4 yrs old and i have a boyfriend which ive been with for a year now. Im planning on applying for a job in au but if in case i will accepted, i would really want my partner and my son to come along with me. My question is, how do i do it?

You can include your son and partner as a dependent in your application. For single parents, if your child's biological father signed the birth certificate, you need to provide any of the following documents:

1. an overseas court order giving you sole custody of the child
    2. a statutory declaration, signed by the child’s other parent (or other person with a legal right to decide where the child lives), that allows you to take the child to Australia
    3. a death certificate for the other parent
    4. an Australian court order giving you the sole right to decide where the child should live.

To include your partner in your application, there are requirements and evidence that must be provided to prove dependency. You must prove that you and your partner are:

1. legally married, or
    2. in a de facto relationship.

Acceptable forms of proof include:

1. a certified copy of your marriage certificate issued by an official registry office, or
    2. evidence to demonstrate that you have been in a genuine and ongoing relationship for the 12 months immediately before making the application, unless there are compelling reasons.

Btw, the job posted in which i wanted to apply is administrator. I have an internet cafe business here in ph. I have a degree in marketing but i dont have other jobs bec my shop provides for me and my son so i will only be able to provide docs / internet cafe permits.

As far as I know, even if you are sponsored by your relative, your skill still needs to be on the relevant occupation list -- your job experience needs to be assessed by an assessing authority and you have to provide proof of employment such as COEs, tax certificates, payslips, etc. to be given a positive assessment. I don't think self-employment counts though... if it does I think your experience as an internet cafe owner is not enough to give you a positive assessment unless you can provide proof of completing an IT-related certificate.

Hindi pa naman hopeless ang case mo, pwede ka naman mag-student visa route and complete a 2-year course in AU. After that, you can apply for a job related to the course you completed. But this will be a very expensive option, a friend of a friend said that you need to show around 1.5M as proof of funds. Or pwede din naman yung partner mo ang primary applicant if his skill is included in the occupation list.

Almost everything you need to know about Australia's immigration process can be found in their website, so I suggest you read first and discuss available options with your partner.

Good luck!

261111 - ICT Business Analyst
    January 4, 2013 - ACS Assessment Submitted
    January 5, 2013 - IELTS Exam (BC Singapore)
    January 18, 2013 - IELTS Result: L:8.5, R:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.0 = OB: 8.0
    March 13, 2013 - Received Positive Assessment from ACS
    March 21, 2013 - EOI Submitted
    July 15, 2013 - Invitation to lodge 189 visa received
    July 25, 2013 - Lodged Visa. Acknowledgement received.
    July 29, 2013 - Medicals done (+ Husband and Baby)
    September 18, 2013 - CO Allocated Team 23 GSM Brisbane (Additional docs requested: SG PCC, Form 80, Evidence of Overseas Experience (payslips, taxation docs, etc), Evidence of English Ability for Husband)
    October 10, 2013 - CO informed us that the evidence of english ability of my Husband is not sufficient. Asked us to pay for EEC, I said.. Hey, no way let him take the IELTS instead. :D
    October 16, 2013 - Uploaded SG COC
    October 19, 2013 - Husband's IELTS Academic Exam (earliest available schedule)
    November 4, 2013 - Uploaded Husband's IELTS test result form
    November 5, 2013 - VISA GRANT! Thank you LORD!!!
    IED - July 30, 2014
    March 23, 2014 - Initial Entry/Holiday
    June 30, 2014 - Flight to Sydney.
    July 28, 2014 - Husband started work.
    September 15, 2014 - First day at my new job. :)

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough"

• Juleskie09Juleskie09 Mandaluyong
    thanks for the quick reply. kakatapon ko lang ng mga payslip sa mga dati ko naging work. sayang.. although meron pa po yata ako nung contract kaso halos lahat ng call center na napasukan ko sarado na.. hiring din kasi sila ng telemarketer.. what if tinanggap po ako ng employer, during my visa application, posible ko po ba sila masama sa application at posible po ba makasama sila agad agad pag alis ko? my partner used to work in fiberglass production which i think is in skill shortage list ng au.. pasensya na ko pasi information overload na sa utak ko kakabasa kaya di ko na masyado ma absorb.. at i couldn;t find articles na gaya po sa gusto ko sana.. lahat po partner is in au na susunod lang ang isa.. dun po kasi sa agency requirement lang e nag college agad after high school.. may catering din po pala nanay ko na suma sideline ako as waitress and medyo konti lang po photos ko dun.. salamat po ulit. pwede pala mag tagalog.. hehe
    my cousin who is currently in nz nag apply po yung husband nia ng visa dito at declared po ang pinsan ko at anak nila sa application. so nung na grant visa nung lalaki, kasama na po pag alis yung asawa at anak.. i was wondering kung pwede din po ganto sa australia.. btw, they a legally married. kami po partners lang..
    Kung sarado na yung mga pinasukan mo dati pwede ka naman mag-statutory declaration tapos papirmahan mo sa dating HR ng company, Ex-Boss and Ex-Colleague mo kung may contact ka pa sa kanila. Pwede naman ata mag-request sa BIR ng ITR form para proof of employment sa visa application stage. I guess ang mas una mong dapat alamin is kung yung skills nyo ba eh pasok talaga sa listahan ng AU. At saka hindi lang basta may experience ka pwede na, merong nirerequire na educational background at saka number of years of experience para ma-qualify yung skill mo as sufficient. Hindi naman laging required na yung college degree eh closely related sa job mo basta solid yung experience mo sa nominated skill na pinili mo, pwede kang makapasa. Lahat ng skills na nasa skilled occupations list eh may corresponding assessing authority. So kung di ka pumasa sa assessment, hindi ka rin pwede mag-submit ng application.

Kung meron mang tumanggap sayo ng employer, dadaan ka pa din sa skills assessment. Like I said earlier, pwede mong dalin ang anak at partner mo pero wag mo muna intindihin ang part na to kasi kailangan verify mo muna talaga kung qualified ka. Madami dito na kasabay sa application ang family members, wala namang issue as long as maipasa ang health exam at saka walang bad police record. Visit mo itong site na to para icheck kung nasa list ang skill mo: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

Pwede naman magtagalog kasi puro Pinoy naman nagpopost dito. :)

September 18, 2013 - CO Allocated Team 23 GSM Brisbane (Additional docs requested: SG PCC, Form 80, Evidence of Overseas Experience (payslips, taxation docs, etc), Evidence of English Ability for Husband)
    October 10, 2013 - CO informed us that the evidence of english ability of my Husband is not sufficient. Asked us to pay for EEC, I said.. Hey, no way let him take the IELTS instead. :D
    IED - July 30, 2014

http://www.workabroad.ph/report_job_listing.php?ajid=834489&utm_source=WA+Jobs&utm_medium=job+details&utm_campaign=job_details

http://www.workabroad.ph/report_job_listing.php?ajid=834491&utm_source=WA+Jobs&utm_medium=job+details&utm_campaign=job_details

yan po yung aapplyan ko sana.. sabi po ng agency, kung isasama ko daw po si partner at anak, depende daw po sa employer.. kaya po ako nag reresearch kasi ayaw ko naman po sayangin yung oras ng agency tpos di naman pala ko tutuloy kung sakali matanggap ako dahil di ko kasama yung dalawa. mahirap nga po patunayan yung skills kahit meron ka talaga..

regrding po sa emplyment cert. meron po pala kong sss kaya pwede ko po ipa print yun at sa bir po yung sa business ko. gusto ko po sana bagong buhay sa au. kaya sana pag nagdecide na ko, umayon sa plano.. una sa lahat sana matanggap :).. salamat po.. pag na meet ko kayo ipagluluto ko kayo ng leche flan.. hehe >>> bolera
    Di ko kasi alam kung ano process kung sa agency ka mag-apply, pero dun sa immigration website, yung visa 189, 190, 489, 457 pwede dalhin yung family. Yung 186 and 187 pwede din isama ang family member pero may restriction lang na dapat isama mo na yung partner mo sa application before mag-lodge ng visa.

Kami ng Husband ko start pa lang din mag-ayos ng docs for skills assessment. Goodluck to us, kita kita tayo sa OZ. :)

IED - July 30, 2014

agency lang kaya ko.. di ko kaya financially pag derecho ng immigration. kasi tatlo agad kami magkano na agad yun.. hehe.. goodluck!! balitaan mo ko.. sana sabay sabay tayo biyayaan.. thanks much!!
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde

same din with agency you still need to pay them extra its actually cheaper to do it on your own.

very good ung advise ni rara sa iyo i just hope u understood it.

coming here as a family if u do get the job is dependent if the employer is willing to sponsor u and ur family regardless of married or not. but saying that kahit sponsored u still need proof of finances that u can support all of u in au. business certificates are good but money in the bank is better.

also u need skills assessment ... its not just showing you have an employment certificate. you need to check the DIAC website if ur job title/ description is on the list then follow the requirements and steps to get ur profession verified which may also need an ielts result.

kasi even if u have applied for a job they may not be able to even grant u an interview or be able to sponsor u cause ur degree and experience is not recognized yet in au cause u haven't had it assessed.

also with childcare..i too have a 4 years old grabe po yung waiting list for daycare almost 1 year and the cost is about 90 aud per day without rebates for those on a work visa type. make sure u can sort out childcare for ur child kasi mahirap po if u and bf want to work and u dont have childcare.

first step is wait muna if u get the job...if not. then do the skills assessment for either u or bf to get ur own visa. and like rara said if meron kayong 1.5 million then why not mag student visa..study here for 2 years and work part time... :)

go the DIAC website check who is the ASSESSMENT AUTHORITY for the job title ur applying for... also if meron kanang ielts much better most assessment body require an ielts. so if ok kayo sa skills assessment then get a state sponsored visa..come here and look for work here or apply again for a job in au while in pinas since u now have a certificate saying ur job title/ profession is recognize in au:)

good luck.
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    So mas mainam po talaga na may mauna sa Australia then pag nakaluwag na saka i-petition ang anak at partner?
  • nylram_1981nylram_1981 Sydney
    edited November 2012
    @Juleskie09 hi! juleskie, usually pag ganyan visa457 ang binibigay. temporary long stay visa.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/

alam ko puedeng isama dyan ang family members dyan (even a de-facto spouse) during visa application lodgment kasi ang processing fee naman regardless kung ilan ang nasa application. if ever matanggap ka, the question is kung papamasahihan sila ng employer mo.

MAIN Applicant: ME - 262113 Systems Administrator, Jan2012 / IELTS: Proficient
    Secondary: Husband - 312211 Civil Engr Draftsperson, Mar2011 / IELTS: Competent
    Apr 16 2012 - Received rejection letter from NSW :(
    Aug 15 2012 - SA SS approval :)
    Aug 26 2012 - Lodge visa 190 application
    Oct 06 2012 - CO allocation (Team 33, gsm.brisbane, VL)
    Oct 30 2012 - Job verification by AU embassy in Manila
    Oct 31 2012 - Finish line! :) VISA GRANT
    Feb 20 2013 - Flight to Sydney, tourista mode muna :)
    Mar 04 2013 - Flight to Adelaide
    Thank u lord :)

kaya po kayo mga na grant ng visa kasi matulungin kayo. salamat po sa effort.. medyo mahihirapan po ako kasi mag matanggap gawa ng wala ako matagal na experience.. i have a degree in marketing po. pero kung harap harapan nila ko itetest sa skills na sasabihin ko meron ako, di ako mapapahiya.. ive had my internet cafe for 6 years now and ako lang po nag maintain sariling research online. hardware and software pati po networking na po ang kaya ko although terminologies di masyado, hands on kasi lagi.. we also have a family business, catering po ako ng seset up ng buffet tsaka table set up din and i also do balloon decor, cupcakes and other giveaways.. (raket ng raket kasi single mom dati).. si partner naman po, may experience sia sa fiberglass fabrication siguro po mga 5 years which i think e medyo kailangan din sa au. di ko alam po kung pano talaga.. walang budget kasi ayaw ko po sumugal kung walang kasiguraduhan kasi pang tuition ng anak ko ang iniipon ko :)