Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

How does a doctor from the Philippines apply for training in australia?

freshMDfreshMD PhilippinesPosts: 4Member
Hi there..

are there any filipino doctors here who already have experience in the whole process of applying and practicing as a doctor in australia?

im a recent board passer here in the philippines.
I need advice on the following:
1. How hard is it to get to practice in australia?
2. How much will the total cost be from the reviews, exams, processing fees etc from start until you achieve a license in australia
3. How long will the total duration (estimate) be for the whole application until you acquire a general registration in australia?
4. Is it still advisable to aspire practice in australia or should i just stay in the philippines?
5. is it true the australian govt is already discouraging IMGs?
6. Is it advisable for me to start residency here while applying for australia or should i do moonlight instead?
7. is it possible for me, a filipino doctor, to be accepted in a residency program in australia? perhaps surgery or Ob? or onlyIMG are only allowed to practice as GPs in australia..

I really hope someone could give light to my questions.
i am just a fresh board passer with career dilemmas.
I sincerely have no idea on where to go.
Am I just being idealistic and aspiring too much to be able to train and practice in aus?

HOnest answers are very welcome.
THank you very much