Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

457 Visa - Bringing your Wife and Daughter

Hello Kabayans,

I am posting this topic for my own reference, since I am having hard time to search the forums. I hope somebody can enlighten me and attach a few links regarding my questions.

I am currently at processing stage for my job as a Chef in Sydney, Australia using a 457 Visa. I am totally confident on my Skills Assessment / TRA by 1st week of April 2016. Hopefully, everything will go well.

As this opportunity open at me, I didn't think twice but to grab it with risk.

Moreover, before this opportunity comes, I already planned for my soon to be wife and 2yrs old daughter in Philippines. However, everything was changed. btw, i'll have my wedding by 1st week of April 2016 before this opportunity arrived.

Employer, asking to me to mobilize by September 2016. he also suggested that I should go first and settle down in Sydney before i'll bring in my wife and daughter. do you agree?

Do I need to include them on the visa applicaton as a 457 holder? or is't better to process it after a while (settle down in Sydney). What if the employer said, "It's better for us and process will be faster if for the meantime, we will process only your application and visa. afterwards, we can work out for your family" is this okay as well?

as I look in the other topic in the forum, regarding 457 Visa, do you need to be married first by at least ONE year to be approved as dependent? we been living together for 3yrs with my relatives (family), since ito ang uso ditto sa Philippines, hehe.. regarding evidence, I will use the proof of billing of my parents regarding this matter.

If ever I will be blessed and be relocated at Sydney regarding my timetable of September 2016, I am planning to bring them in before my Daughter's 3rd Birthday by March 2017. in line with this, Is 6 months is enough to save money for my family start up by March 2017? providing that I am willing to save a lot and sell some of the investment in Manila, like cars. otherwise, at least how much do I need for me to relocate including the apartment?

Guys, maraming salamat po.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon and can enlighten me regarding living in Sydney.

thank you so much

Regards,

John Santos

Comments

• happy_galhappy_gal Sydney
    Of course u have to settle down there first, ur on a working visa so u can't just bring ur family there. There's a certain process u need to comply, what was your status when u wer granted the 457? Is it single? Try to search the Australian website regarding your visa so you will fully understand.
  • aussie2xaussie2x Quezon City

Hello,

Pg pra sau lang ang 457 visa , sa application lagay mo married if you are already married, pg hndi k p married, tas may partner ka lagay mo defacto as you live together and have child. When you are a holder 457 and settled in Australia pwede mo kunin family mo as 457 dependent, ask k lng ng letter s sposnor m n extend nila ung sponsor s family mo .Alternatively wait knng two years at mg apply ng PR at dun m nlng i include ung family mo.
    Hello Kabayans,

I am posting this topic for my own reference, since I am having hard time to search the forums. I hope somebody can enlighten me and attach a few links regarding my questions.

I am currently at processing stage for my job as a Chef in Sydney, Australia using a 457 Visa. I am totally confident on my Skills Assessment / TRA by 1st week of April 2016. Hopefully, everything will go well.

As this opportunity open at me, I didn't think twice but to grab it with risk.

Moreover, before this opportunity comes, I already planned for my soon to be wife and 2yrs old daughter in Philippines. However, everything was changed. btw, i'll have my wedding by 1st week of April 2016 before this opportunity arrived.

Employer, asking to me to mobilize by September 2016. he also suggested that I should go first and settle down in Sydney before i'll bring in my wife and daughter. do you agree?

Do I need to include them on the visa applicaton as a 457 holder? or is't better to process it after a while (settle down in Sydney). What if the employer said, "It's better for us and process will be faster if for the meantime, we will process only your application and visa. afterwards, we can work out for your family" is this okay as well?

as I look in the other topic in the forum, regarding 457 Visa, do you need to be married first by at least ONE year to be approved as dependent? we been living together for 3yrs with my relatives (family), since ito ang uso ditto sa Philippines, hehe.. regarding evidence, I will use the proof of billing of my parents regarding this matter.

If ever I will be blessed and be relocated at Sydney regarding my timetable of September 2016, I am planning to bring them in before my Daughter's 3rd Birthday by March 2017. in line with this, Is 6 months is enough to save money for my family start up by March 2017? providing that I am willing to save a lot and sell some of the investment in Manila, like cars. otherwise, at least how much do I need for me to relocate including the apartment?

Guys, maraming salamat po.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon and can enlighten me regarding living in Sydney.

thank you so much

Regards,

John Santos
  • johnadrielle_santosjohnadrielle_santos Sydney
    @aussie2x

Hello,

thank you for your swift reply.

in line with your reply, yes I will indicate on my application for Visa as Married. puwede bang until I settled down sa Australia, chaka ko sila kukunin without a letter for a sponsorship from my employer? instead, si wife ang mag aapply online. is it possible din ba?

talaga bang mag aantay ako for two(2) years to bring my wife and daughter for the another scenario you mentioned?

again, thank you po!

John
    @happy_gal

hello po,

thank you po sa reply.

nag lodge ng visa as married po ako, pero hindi ko na sinabay ang process for the visa of my wife and 2yrs old daughter. instead, plan ko sana, I will settle down and ipon at least mga 5-6 months then kukunin ko sila.

any suggested ideas would be greatly appreciated po.

thank you :)

John
    @johnadrieele_santos it's better po that mag settle down ka muna in Australia kc life here is very different and expensive. Mag save ka rin at para pag kinuha mo na family mo ready kna sa lahat ng expenses po, just giving you my opinion coz this is the reality. Kmi nga ni hubby wala pang anak at sya lang nagwork we try to manage our finances.
    Once PR kna u can sponsor your wife and daughter,konting sacrifice lang @johnadrielle_santos ;)
    @happy_gal hello po! thank you po sa payo and opinion I appreciated it a lot po. it seems life there talaga is quiet expensive and different form my own research references. and I am glad to hear that you are with your husband. best wishes for both of you po. i really eager to sell my cars in manila except the house and use it as a starting money in Sydney.

It's hard to be miles away minsan talga, but i cant take it long for them and not to look after.

i agree with your suggestion, i settle down muna for 5 months and prepare the money from Manila. is't advisable pa to hire a MIRA agent? or kahit ung wife ko he can apply through online nalang?

thank you ulit kabayan!
    I just need to acquire a Red Cross Certificate and Medical Result and the visa will be lodged.
  • netzkeenetnetzkeenet Sydney
    @johnadrielle_santos yung tanong nyo po ba kng pwede nyo idagdag nalang ung mag ina nyo sa visa 457? Pwde nyo po cla i add anytime as dependent as long as ok s emoloyer nyo at dineclare nyo cla as dependent sa 457 . pero ikaw mg shoulder ng fees... Wag kna mag agent.. Straight forward lang ang application kayang kaya

26.05.12 - IELTS Academic (L-8.5, R-7, S-7, W-7, OBS-7.5)
    31.05.13 to 25.08.13 - Bridging Program for Nurses
    04.09.13 - Registered with AHPRA
    12.12.13 - Lodged Skills assessment ANMAC
    17.03.14 - Positive skills assessment (Registered Nurse: Medical)
    29.03.14 - Lodged SS SA and EOI
    07.04.14 - NBI clearance
    01.05.14 - Approved SS SA and Invited to Apply for 190
    02.06.14 - Lodged visa application 190 and uploaded docs
    10.06.14 - Medicals at Nationwide
    15.09.14 - Direct Grant 190 visa (IED: June 10, 2015)
    22.10.14 - Touchdown Adelaide

~whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours~

@johnadrielle_santos no need na to hire an agent. Just read the Australian embassy in manila site and they provide nman all the documents needed to file visa application. I myself just keep on reading and printed out the partner booklet and Isa Isa ko prepare yun mga docs needed within 6 months I got my visa grant. Hiring an agent is for complicated cases lang
    I understand the feeling na malayo sa family mo, di bale para din nman yan sa future nyo. We all need to do a bit of sacrifice but as long as for the good of your family it's worth it naman. There's alot to consider once u migrate to other countries. Ako nga walang relatives Dito kya medyo homesick minsan, kundi Kay hubby d cguro ako makakatagal Dito.
  • JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    Independent visa kami pero we did that settle first before you bring your family thingy, this was 8 years ago, mejo malungkot pero by the time naka synod sila inde na sila masyado nahirapan kc meron na along car nun at money to spend

Google for Everything !!!

• DreamerADreamerA Mandaluyong
    @happy_gal : hi ask ko lang po , pwede po pashare kung paano kau ng file ng family visa for 457? at HM naging cost nyo ?balak ko ksi mag file for my wife and son ( 4 years old ) .

yung australian emabassy dto sa pinas wala ba silang online na pwede ko mbsa ung mga docs need? kesa pmunta ako knila

salamt po