Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Sitting the IELTS in Vietnam or Thailand

I, along with the other reviewees of one of the most recognised review centers in the Phils, was advised by the CEO that it is a good idea taking the test in the said countries (if was not successful in PH). Not belittling their English speaking abilities but we speak way better than they do.

Having said this, I am taking the test on Nov 5 (haven't booked a flight yet). Is there anyone here wanting to take the test outside the Phils? Would be a better idea if we come together as group. Hehe. Para mas safe po.
Email me at [email protected]
Sana po meron. :-)

Comments

• cheskaacheskaa Thailand
    Hi @dayang14 , currently based in Thailand and was wondering if you were able to take the IELTS here?

Diploma in Nursing/Bachelors in Nursing

November 5, 2016 -decided to pursue Australian dream
    November 6 - Registered to take IELTS
    November 15 - Inquired with IDP Thailand
    November 16 - Applied at Curtin and TAFE University
    November 17 - Submitted documents at TAFE and Curtin
    November 18 - TAFE advised to go thru education agent to process application
    November 21- Curtin asked for additional documents; submitted

December 1- Received Conditional Offer Letter from Curtin University
    December 2- Agent advised to push through with a Bachelors instead of a diploma
    December 3- Listening, Reading, Writing test (British Council BKK)
    December 4- Speaking test (British Council BKK)
    December 5- Submitted application for ECU
    December 16- Received IELTS result (S:9, R: 8, L:9, W: 7 OBS: 8.5)
    December 22- Applied at ECU

January 5-TAFE Unable to offer for Diploma in Nursing :(
    January 9- Applied at Murdoch University
    January 17- Received offer letter from ECU
    January 25-Received offer letter from WAIFS (Early Childhood)

• goodfollowergoodfollower Cebu City
    hi @dayang14 how was the exam? is it true its easier to pass the IELTS there? hoping for your reply. thanks!
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @dayang14 I took my IELTS in Thailand coz I am based in the country that time. I dont think the test standards will vary. Addtional expense lang sayo since magtatravel ka pa. If you are comparing the way Thais speak english, ang effect lang naman is sa speaking part and i dont think the accent will affect the way you were rated.
  • dayang14dayang14 Sydney
    Hi to all. Took the ielts on the 19 Nov in Ho Chi Minh City. We all know that IELTS test is standardised. I took the test there in hopes of getting a better score in writing as there is +/-0.5 subjectivity. Getting a 7 in writing here in the Phils has been the hurdle for most nurses wanting to go overseas, hence the eagerness to get the aim scores
  • simplygsimplyg Philippines
    @dayang14 Hi! How was your examination? Kindly update us please, I also plan to take my IELTS in Vietnam probably by April. Thanks!
  • aimhigheraimhigher Philippines
    Hi hows you ielts test? Did you got your desired score?
  • simplygsimplyg Philippines
    Hi! Guys sorry but I haven't had enough funds for the Vietnam trip so what I did was I've book my exam here in the Philippines under Niners exclusive examination. If I still haven't got what I intended well probably I'll take OET or PTE instead. Crossed-fingers! Lord guide us!
    Hello Everyone. Update lang. My IELTS test results released on Dec 2: L-8, R-6.5, W-7.5,S-7
    Okay na ang results dahil accepted naman ang combination of 2 sittings.
  • Xiaomau82Xiaomau82 Singapore
    dayang14 said:

Hello Everyone. Update lang. My IELTS test results released on Dec 2: L-8, R-6.5, W-7.5,S-7

hindi po accepted ang combination ng 2 test result. must be in 1 result and min of 7 if claiming 10 points.
    @Xiaomau82 was referring to applying as RN thru AHPRA
    My apologies for the confusion. Talking about the combination of two ielts test results, that was in reference to applying as a nurse thru AHPRA.
  • amay12amay12 Posts: 1Member
    dayang14 said:

hi! did you take in vietnam? is it true itll be better if taken outside PH? im thinking of taking it in thailand ..
    Hello. I did. Not really sure but i got my desired scores. Naisip ko lang kasi masyadong mataas standards sa pinas. Kay nagtry ako outside.
  • RichaRicha Punjab
    I personally recommend www.pteexampreparation.com for PTE Practice