Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Pregnant on a Student Visa

bbgirlbbgirl MandaluyongPosts: 224Member
edited September 2013 in Study and Training Visa
Hi, gusto ko lang po i-clarify. Kasi, ang pagkakaalam ko, bawal ang mabuntis while on a student visa kasi mavovoid ang visa mo. Now, a friend of mine who is currently in Sydney told me may friend naman siya na naka Student Visa and nabuntis at nanganak doon. Pwede daw mabuntis given na kaya mo sustentuhan since hindi ka sagot ng government ng Australia (expensive daw masyado!) Totoo ba ito?

~ 573 SVP with 1 dependent ~

May 31 - applied online at University website
June 17 - Uni sent a message that they approved 14 credits for prior learning.
June 21 - Uni emailed: move my intake to Feb 2014.
July 5 - Passed IELTS! Yipee. Emailed Uni my result.
July 16 - Received conditional OFFER LETTER from Uni. :)
July 19 - sent my TOR to Uni.
July 22 - Uni received my TOR
July 24 - received my UNCONDITIONAL OFFER.
July 31 - paid tuition fees and received COE
Sept 16 - lodged visa application 573 SVP with one dependent thru VIA
Sept 17 - acknowledgement from embassy with medical request.
Sept 18 - Medical Examination at NHSI
Sept 24 - Medical forwarded to Embassy
Oct 4 - Phone interview with CO.
Oct 7 - Emailed immi asking for updates
Oct 8 - Received email from immi stating application is under assessment.
Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.
Oct 9 - visa refusal! :(

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Hi, gusto ko lang po i-clarify. Kasi, ang pagkakaalam ko, bawal ang mabuntis while on a student visa kasi mavovoid ang visa mo. Now, a friend of mine who is currently in Sydney told me may friend naman siya na naka Student Visa and nabuntis at nanganak doon. Pwede daw mabuntis given na kaya mo sustentuhan since hindi ka sagot ng government ng Australia (expensive daw masyado!) Totoo ba ito?
    Hindi nman bawal ganun talaga eh kung di napigilan. Mga more or less $10,000 dollar ang give birth sa public hospital. Siguro including na yung OB for regular check-up. After Birth yun po ang mabigat kasi bibili po kayo ng gatas at gamit ng Baby. Pati regular check-up at ang mga kailangan bakuna ni baby. Wala po kayung makukuha na tulong sa Australian Government kasi po temporary visa kayu. Wala din po sa batas na Citizen agad ang baby nyo kapag pinanganak dito kasi po temporary visa kayu. Wala at hindi din sagot ng Private health Insurance ang panganganak sa Australia.

Kung Visa ninyo ay Student Visa Napaka yaman nyo po sa Pinas kung dito kayo manganganak. Sigurado po extended kayu sa pagaaral kasi kapag nanganak na kayu malamang 6 month kayu na hindi magaaral. Syempre kailangan tapusin ninyo ang studies ninyo. Kung ang halaga ng tuition fee nyo sa loob ng dalawang taon ay $30,000 at plus ang everyday na gastusin nyo ng dalawang taon ay $40,000 plus. I dagdag nyo pa ang gastusin give birth humigit kumulang sa $10,000 plus $20,000 sa dalawang taon sa Baby nyo gatas at iba pa. Mga total estimate for two years ay $100,000 plus plus (In peso 4.1 million++)

I advise to focus study. Good luck and God bless.

link:
    http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/857-birth-child-delivery-costs-2.html
    http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/2414-giving-birth-australie-health-insurance-costs.html
    http://www.kidspot.com.au/familyhealth/Pregnancy-Health-The-medical-costs-of-having-a-baby+6657+184+article.htm
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-12-17/high-cost-of-giving-birth-straining-public-system/2378452

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• bbgirlbbgirl Mandaluyong
    Thanks a lot! Yes, clinarify ko lang din kasi ang unang pagkakaalam ko ma vovoid ang Student Visa. Hindi naman pala.

Yes, wala naman kaming plano magkababy pa una, eh uunahin namin ang pagaaral ko pag stable na baka dun lang kami makagawa ng Baby #1 namin. :)

Thanks a lot!

~ 573 SVP with 1 dependent ~

May 31 - applied online at University website
    June 17 - Uni sent a message that they approved 14 credits for prior learning.
    June 21 - Uni emailed: move my intake to Feb 2014.
    July 5 - Passed IELTS! Yipee. Emailed Uni my result.
    July 16 - Received conditional OFFER LETTER from Uni. :)
    July 19 - sent my TOR to Uni.
    July 22 - Uni received my TOR
    July 24 - received my UNCONDITIONAL OFFER.
    July 31 - paid tuition fees and received COE
    Sept 16 - lodged visa application 573 SVP with one dependent thru VIA
    Sept 17 - acknowledgement from embassy with medical request.
    Sept 18 - Medical Examination at NHSI
    Sept 24 - Medical forwarded to Embassy
    Oct 4 - Phone interview with CO.
    Oct 7 - Emailed immi asking for updates
    Oct 8 - Received email from immi stating application is under assessment.
    Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.
    Oct 9 - visa refusal! :(

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

• KatozKatoz Sydney
    Maiba lang po ako. Panu naman po ang pagpapareseta ng oral contraceptives dito pag student visa? Sa pinas po kasi over the counter lang. Panu po ba dito? Thanks a lot.
    Maiba lang po ako. Panu naman po ang pagpapareseta ng oral contraceptives dito pag student visa? Sa pinas po kasi over the counter lang. Panu po ba dito? Thanks a lot.
    You need to see your local Doctor (GP-General Practitioner) to have prescription.
    $70 to $85 Doctor's fee per visit for Temporary visa. cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM

"To God be the glory"

• NadineNadine Brisbane
    Kapag oral contraceptive pills, need ng reseta galing sa GP. Pag barrier method naman, I think readily available to sa chemist na hindi kailangan ng reseta.

I'm not sure about Plan B (or morning-after pill), pero by default, no need ng prescription. No need to go to the GP, pero kailangan lang kausapin yung pharmacist/chemist.

I think bossing @TotoyOzresident's figures about panganganak is spot on. Mahal talaga. Pero if on temporary visa and with health insurance (like me), may pregnancy inclusion ang health insurance. But it has a waiting period of 1 year. And if ma-admit ang baby (kahit simpleng jaundice lang), ay additional gastusin po.

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

• KatozKatoz Sydney
    Thanks po sa info @TotoyOzresident & @Nadine. Meron po kaming OSHC yun student insurance. Hindi po kaya covered yun pacheckup sa GP? Ang sabi po kasi medical services provided by most GP-benefit amount as listed in medicare benefits schedule 100% MBS fee. Does that mean wala na po kami babayaran for GP checkup? Pasensya na po, ibang iba kasi kesa sa pinas. :)
    Thanks po sa info @TotoyOzresident & @Nadine. Meron po kaming OSHC yun student insurance. Hindi po kaya covered yun pacheckup sa GP? Ang sabi po kasi medical services provided by most GP-benefit amount as listed in medicare benefits schedule 100% MBS fee. Does that mean wala na po kami babayaran for GP checkup? Pasensya na po, ibang iba kasi kesa sa pinas. :)
    yung 30% ng binyad ninyo ang ibabalik ng private health insurance.

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

• EahEah North Ryde
    edited January 2017
    Ask ko lng po kng buntis po un main applicant ng student visa subclass 572 at uuwi sy pilipinas pr doon manganak.. pde b iwan un aswa ny n dependent nya dto s australia.. me ngssb kc n wl kpg naiwan un dependent mo d2 s australia wl n sy visa ky klngn nya sumama.. syng kc work nya dto kng ssma sya umuwi
  • ixaxaixaxa Nepal
    Hi Ms. Nadine.practicing doctor ka na ba sa OZ?ot doing ur residency? I'll be doing my masters and my husband is a Derma.can me some ideas/advice
  • danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    yes @eah you can go home for that purpose while your hubbt can go with his usual routine here, good luck

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010