Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

ielts remarking

hi everyone,

i took the ielts test last may 6, 2017 and results came after 13days. i felt shattered at that time as my writing score did not meet with my expectation. is there any success stories of re-evaluation here? i just need another .5 to make it 7 so that i can apply for bridging program for nursing.

Comments

• roschrosch philippines
    @wahidkarlo push mo yan. go go go. mgparemark ka. i had my ielts reevaluated and got an increase in score.

233411 Electronics Engineer

20 AUG 2016 - IELTS-General Exam (L8/R8/W7/S7)
    19 JAN 2017 - Submitted EA Assessment (Fast track)
    27 FEB 2017 - EA Positive Outcome
    27 FEB 2017 - EOI 189 (65pts)
    28 FEB 2017 - ITA Received 189
    30 MAR 2017 - VISA Lodged
    3 APR 2017 - Medicals at Nationwide Cebu
    10 APR 2017 - Medicals cleared (me, spouse and child); Uploaded all Docs
    11 APR 2017 - Direct Grant! Thank you Lord!

• FJANFJAN Philippines
    does remarking free?
  • roschrosch philippines
    @FJAN there is a remarking fee. You have to email IDP or BC how much is the fee. It changes from time to time because it is dependent on the exchange rate.

• Au_VicAu_Vic Melbourne, Victoria
    ask for a re-mark. Did you get 7 in your writing score in the past and the last exam you took you were short by .5? If yes, definitely ask for a re-mark. Have you tried PTE?

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

• auzzieboundauzziebound Mandaluyong
    how does remarking work? have the same situation...I got 6.5 everything else is 8 will they accept?
  • dominiqueg708dominiqueg708 Manila
    @auzziebound you can apply for a remark within 6 weeks after your test date. The fee is 4500(pesos) if I'm not mistaken. Your money is refunded if your scores increase. The waiting time is long though. Its around 6-8 weeks. Its quicker to re-take the test however, it comes out more expensive. :/
    @auzziebound I reckon if its either writing or speaking, might be good to ask for a re-mark coz those two modules were checked/assessed by human and very objective but it depends if you are willing to wait and/or pay the remarking fees

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

• auzzieboundauzziebound Mandaluyong
    what if its already past 6 months? can i still have it remarked?
  • wahidkarlowahidkarlo nz
    @auzziebound re-evaluation only works within 6weeks after the results came.
    @Au_Vic i agree with you... usually reading and listening are checked objectively...
    @rosch sa writing ka din ba nagpare-evaluate? grabe ang stress ko dala nitong 6.5 ko... ilang weeks before dumating ang result mo ng eor?
    @dominiqueg708 bro, nagparemark ka din dati?
    @wahidkarlo I didn't want to wait for 6-8 weeks since I want to leave sooner. I took the IELTS again. I should have though! .5 lang kulang ko sa writing.
    did you get your required scores after retaking the exam bro? ako parang susuko na sa kakahintay... to think there is no transparency in thier procedure...
    @wahidkarlo I took it 3x. :/
    @dominiqueg708 congrats pa rin bro... atleast secured ka na ngayon...
    @wahidkarlo you can do it!! ☺️
    hopefully bro... still praying for it... God is on my side...
  • roschrosch philippines
    @wahidkarlo hindi lang weeks. months talaga. took the exam august 2016, got the remarking results december 2016.

@dominiqueg708 @auzziebound the remarking fees varies. sometimes it's 4k+ sometimes 3k+. so better email first the testing body before securing a manager's check.

@rosch hala!! ang hirap nitong tambay... dito ako NZ kaso di ako makatrabaho dahil dito sa ielts na to...
    @wahidkarlo hey mate! hang in there and be positive. I used to work with someone before who took ielts 8x 'coz he could not get the required scores. He got it eventually he was so determined and really wanted a better life in oz.

Did you try PTE?

@Au_Vic im currently in NZ and PTE is not accepted here... my friend in victoria took that exam and after 2days he received the result immediately... he told me that PTE is better than ielts..
    @wahidkarlo PTE is not accepted in NZ? Wow! then you have no choice but to stick with IELTS

OET is another option for me but it is very expensive and i find it more difficult that ielts. from what country are you come from @Au_Vic ? btw, thank you so much for the encouragement..
    @wahidkarlo hey mate, i live in Melb pero pinoy ako. I moved here ages ago and i have seen the drastic changes in migration rules over the time.

So many kiwis here maybe its time for you to consider living to aus than nz

edited June 2017
    actually meron na akong work visa dito sa NZ but i really want to work as a nurse kasi medyo ok ang salary ng nurse dito... im also considering australia too bro kaso mas maganda ata ang program ng nursing dito kasi 1month and 2weeks lang ang bridging unlike 3-6months in australia... are you a nurse din bro? @Au_Vic
  • MiaMia NZ
    @wahidkarlo Accepted ng INZ ang PTE pero hindi ng Nursing Council. :D

Caregiver ka ba?

Marami na kong nabasang instances na sa NZ nag CAP (bridging) pero sa Australia nag practise kasi may reciprocity yung registration. Try mo!
    @wahidkarlo hey mate, nah! im not a nurse. i heard maraming nurse sa mga hospitals dito sa melbourne. why don't you try and get work sponsorship dito sa oz? Pero mahigpit ata ang oz kc may mga further studies pa ata na required e.

@Mia hi mia... yup, kaya grabe ang dilemma ko dito sa ielts and i think PTE is not really difficult as ielts. im not working here as a caregiver so as of now nagdidepende ako sa partner ko. pagpasa ko ng ielts i can enrol here sa program nila then iconvert ko yung licence ko in aphra... 5months na ako mahigit dito at bored na din ako... :)
  • MiaMia NZ
    @wahidkarlo Naku kung ala ka namang ginagawa aral lang ng aral. Kahit mag paid review ka pa sige lang (ok daw yung e2language.com sabi rito)... 'Yung partner ko kakapasa lang din ng remarking from Chch, NZ to Melbourne. Sana ok 'yung outcome.

Unfortunately sa atin sa NZ, mas mabilis pa siguro yung remarking kaysa sa makahanap ng mas maagang IELTS exam haha! Ayaw mo talaga try OET? Mas nadalian mga nurse friends ko riyan eh.