Pinoy Australia Information Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(31369)

• match_prop
  • RamonitaC
  • SherrieHa
  • DonetteSe
  • shieldonpadla
  • LenardPXH
  • ZINAracel
  • NinaFTHK
  • TerranceA
  • pancake
  • ishie
  • OUJHalley
  • clatg5
  • siryan_cute
  • mctoffer
Browse Members
To google officer. This is not a chatbox!

Members Online (23)

amari0527blue3319datch29greysworld123hmacaraniagireneskyJB26jerkgjher31jsjabaanJuanaMarianaKarlaDlayao2002leadmeMabelRalphmaryowni09MLBSNoodles12nutribunred_lippySAP_TRMsicntyrdzhinokin

Top Posters
All time

Top Posters
This Week

Advertisement:

Do you wish to engage a migration agent but it's just to costly? Visa Consort understands your situation and came up with a special year end offer exclusive to all Pinoy AU members! Check our here for more info

How long did it take you to get a job?

What's Hot

Comments

• jiomarianojiomariano Clark, PhilippinesTotal Reaction Points: 20Member
    @supertoblerone Nice! Dyan din kami headed :) Would you mind if pagdating namin dyan I'll ask more regarding employment and all? Thank you!
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • chu_sechu_se MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 27Member
    @supertoblerone wow congrats!..
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SimplykrishSimplykrish VictoriaTotal Reaction Points: 5Member
    @IslanderndCity salamat po
    @SapphireInsane teacher dn po ako. Have ur qualifications assessed by aitsl if ud like to pursue a teaching career in sydney. Strict sila sa english proficiency so u have to get a minimum score of 8 in speaking and listening, minimum of 7 in reading and writing and a minimum avg bandwidth score of 7.5. After that mas madali nang mafulfill ang ibang requirements as long as u're a bachelor degree holder in education.
  • majarmajar SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 4Member
    @jrgongon

I have a business opportunity to share.
    Shoot me a message if interested 0452536226- Marie
    Great way to start while job hunting.
  • legnawingslegnawings Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    planning to move to Sydney this August. Looking for tech support (applications). Sana makahanap agad :) sino mga IT professionals dito. Share nman ng experiences on job hunting. thanks guys.
  • omegaomega BundooraTotal Reaction Points: 13Member
    Hello everyone,

I would just like to share my job hunting story and I hope I could shed some inspiration and hope to anyone who finds more challenge to land a job, specially getting the profession-related job.

My 5-month pregnant wife and I came to Melbourne on September last year, via visa 189. I am an Electronics Engineer with previous 5 year experience in telecoms project implementations.

I applied for positions relating to my previous role since day 1 but I kept on receiving rejection emails. Got few calls and 2 actual interviews within first 3 months but I still was not able to get a job. I was even trying my chance to get into retails but then I got my first shot at Toll People as a pick packer.

From Nov. up to present I am employed for the pick packing role. Mabigat sa katawan yung trabaho pero tyaga lang para sa pamilya, sa hirap napatagalog ako sa pagkkwento hehe! Kidding aside, I still kept on trying to get a job in my field. It was on February 2016 when I saw an entry level position at Telstra. It is a technical associate role, project delivery ang primary focus pero kasama sa program nila ang on the job training and actual involvement sa projects.

The whole hiring process took almost four months but I am very thankful to God because I finally got the position. It was like a battery of tests but I kept on drawing inspiration and confidence by thinking of my family, and most importantly prayers.

My tips for everyone on a similar situation would be the following:

1) For everyone with PR and has been in the state for less than 2 years, get your qualifications assessed thru OQU. Site : http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/employing-overseas-talent/settle-and-retain-new-workers/the-overseas-qualifications-unit#.WUTS52h97IU

- I would say that this boosted my CV, you can attach or include it on your CV.
    - If you were assessed by your professional body, wherein I am assessed by Engineer Aus
    as Professional Engineer, I would suggest to include the letter to your CV or application.
    This is what I did on my application with Telstra.

2) Be positive and endure. Keep on working on any job to sustain your expenses, but try to maximize your time on applying for your preferred job.

3) Try to expand your network, specially with the locals, you'll learn more from them.

4) Read a lot on how employers here do their hiring processes. It will help you prepare for interviews as well as on preparing your CV.

5) Last and most importantly, keep praying and have faith.

Hope this post could help. Kaya natin to mga kababayan!
    Heprex elleb1 Captain_A PMPdreamer Nmp_berose9 nor_ce Megger Anino78 nicnac johnvangie
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 10Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • chard1968chard1968 PerthTotal Reaction Points: 3Member
    Arrived June of 2016 (Settled in Sydney) and got hired as a Software Developer on August 2016. Napansin ko lang while applying para mapansin, you need to have almost the exact skills as advertised. Kahit hindi ko alam yung tech. I make it a point to include it sa CV and right after submitting my application, magbabasa ako tungkol sa tech na yun. With this nakakuha ako ng calls sa mga recruiters and nagkaroon ako ng job interviews.
    I think I had 5 job interviews (4 in Sydney, 1 in WA). I had 1 offer in Sydney and in WA. I chose WA. Best decision I ever had. The company I chose gave me a relocation and a decent salary package.
    elleb1
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 1Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • maccebumaccebu DohaTotal Reaction Points: 0Member
    chard1968 said:

Arrived June of 2016 (Settled in Sydney) and got hired as a Software Developer on August 2016. Napansin ko lang while applying para mapansin, you need to have almost the exact skills as advertised. Kahit hindi ko alam yung tech. I make it a point to include it sa CV and right after submitting my application, magbabasa ako tungkol sa tech na yun. With this nakakuha ako ng calls sa mga recruiters and nagkaroon ako ng job interviews.

I think I had 5 job interviews (4 in Sydney, 1 in WA). I had 1 offer in Sydney and in WA. I chose WA. Best decision I ever had. The company I chose gave me a relocation and a decent salary package.

Wow galing naman ninyo sir.. kasama pa ninyo pamilya mo..

tanong ko lang nang galing kayo pinas or sa ibang bansa din? san kayo nag apply ng visa sa agency din or kayo lang nag process? 189 ba kinuha niyo at nong na approve nag punta ka agad kayo sa sydney? ano po yong field niyo sa soft dev, java programmer?
  • chard1968chard1968 PerthTotal Reaction Points: 3Member
    Sa Pinas po ako galing. Nag-agency kami kasi hindi ko pa alam itong forum na ito. We went with Respall as an agent. And yes 189 po kami. Mahabang storya sa IELTS palang naka 4 na take ako bago ko nakuha yung all 7. Java Developer din pala ako. 8 years of exp (as of 2015) pero binawasan ni ACS ng 2 years.
    PMPdreamer
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 1Awesome reaction image 0Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • legnawingslegnawings Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    Wow guys! Thank you for sharing.
  • sansasansa MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 28Member
    edited June 2017 Posts: 227
    Napadpad kmi here sa melbourne Feb 1, 2017
    I got hired Feb 27. Yung kakilala ko dito sa mel with the same job as mine spreadout my cv sa mga kakilala nya. So tips din if may mga kakilala kau with the same field nyo ask them to help you. And infrastructures job here are really indemand. At ang pinakaimportante sa lahat ay dasal.
    tomnjerry23
  • jepoy527jepoy527 SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 25Member
    @sansa ano po ang profession nyo?
    04/27/13 IELTS GT Exam
    07/25/13 CDR sent to EA
    12/03/13 Positive EA Assessment
    01/28/14 Submitted EOI (VISA Subclass 189, 70 Points)
    02/10/14 Received invitation from SkillSelect
    03/01/14 Lodged VISA Subclass 189 Application
    04/29/14 VISA GRANT!!! Thank you Lord!
    02/13/15 Started to work

“A ship is always safe at the shore - but that is NOT what it is built for.”
    ― Albert Einstein

"You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself."
    ― Alan Alda
  • misterVmisterV Sydney, NSWTotal Reaction Points: 42Member
    Phew. I'm very happy to say na nakahanap ako ng work in less than 3 weeks since I got here in Sydney. Medyo madugo talaga yung process ng pag aapply lalo na yung pag aantay kung may tatawag ba o wala. Haha. Sa mga naghahanap pa, be patient lang talaga and madaming madaming dasal.
    221214 Internal Auditor : 190 - 70 pts (Age:30/Educ:15/PTE:20/SS:5)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    04 Nov 2016 - Submitted documents for skill assessment
    21 Dec 2016 - Received result of assessment : Positive
    30 Jan 2017 - PTE A Exam : L90/R90/S90/W90
    31 Jan 2017 - Lodge EOI : Subclass 190 (NSW) - 70pts
    09 Feb 2017 - Received ITA from NSW / Submitted required documents
    14 Mar 2017 - NSW nomination approved /ITA 190 Received
    20 Mar 2017 - Medicals at Nationwide Makati
    22 Mar 2017 - Lodged Application / Frontloaded all documents
    11 Apr 2017 - Direct Grant / IED - Feb 2018
    03 Jun 2017 - Big Move
  • TelTel Melbourne Total Reaction Points: 0Member
    Hi

Any tips po san pwede mag apply ang nurses in Aus na nagooffer ng sponsorship?

Salamat
  • silverblacksoldiersilverblacksoldier Pasig CityTotal Reaction Points: 22Member
    @misterV congrats sir! Galing!
  • PMPdreamerPMPdreamer MandaluyongTotal Reaction Points: 15Member
    @Simplykrish anu pong industry nyo?
    @PMPdreamer education po.
    PMPdreamer
    reaction image 0LOL reaction image 0Awesome reaction image 1Informative reaction image 0Artistic Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sansasansa MelbourneTotal Reaction Points: 28Member
    @jepoy527 engineering field
  • jepoy527jepoy527 SydneyTotal Reaction Points: 25Member
    @sansa CE or Structural? Hindi ba ginawang issue ang lack of local exp mo during interview?
    04/27/13 IELTS GT Exam
    07/25/13 CDR sent to EA
    12/03/13 Positive EA Assessment
    01/28/14 Submitted EOI (VISA Subclass 189, 70 Points)
    02/10/14 Received invitation from SkillSelect
    03/01/14 Lodged VISA Subclass 189 Application
    04/29/14 VISA GRANT!!! Thank you Lord!
    02/13/15 Started to work

“A ship is always safe at the shore - but that is NOT what it is built for.”
    ― Albert Einstein

"You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself."
    ― Alan Alda