Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa about to expire- Re-entry in Australia

JETTJETT DarwinPosts: 8Member
Hi All,

Question:
My Student Visa will expire in August 30, 2017.
I need to take PTE in Singapore on July 14 and be back in Australia July 15.
Will this be a problem with immigration? Any idea?

TIA!

Comments

• chard1968chard1968 Perth
    JETT said:

Hi All,

Question:
    My Student Visa will expire in August 30, 2017.
    I need to take PTE in Singapore on July 14 and be back in Australia July 15.
    Will this be a problem with immigration? Any idea?

TIA!

Just for you to be safe, try applying for an extension of your visa beforehand. You could show the immigration proof that you'll have a valid visa when your student visa expires. Otherwise you'll be staying in Australia unlawfully by having a gap if your student visa expires and waiting for your next visa.
  • PreittyPreitty Sydney
    Hi, I'm following this thread. pareho po tau ng situtaion. My visa will also expire on 30 August. pero have to go home sa pinas to take Ielts and attend sa wedding ng brother ko. Magaapply po sana ako ng 485 visa as soon as makabalik ng Oz and makuha ang ielts results. Didn't know na baka magkaissue sa immigration pagbalik ng Oz which is on 25 July pa. Anu po kaya ang pwedeng visa na applyan? ung bridging visas po kasi will only be given ata pag nag apply na ng 485 visa?

Thank you
  • JETTJETT Darwin
    @chard1968 Thanks chard sa inputs!
  • JETTJETT Darwin
    @Preitty Hello! mag 485 ako para safe hehe mahirap na.
  • chard1968chard1968 Perth
    Preitty said:

Hi, I'm following this thread. pareho po tau ng situtaion. My visa will also expire on 30 August. pero have to go home sa pinas to take Ielts and attend sa wedding ng brother ko. Magaapply po sana ako ng 485 visa as soon as makabalik ng Oz and makuha ang ielts results. Didn't know na baka magkaissue sa immigration pagbalik ng Oz which is on 25 July pa. Anu po kaya ang pwedeng visa na applyan? ung bridging visas po kasi will only be given ata pag nag apply na ng 485 visa?

Thank you

Like I've mention to @JETT, it's just for him to be on the safe side. I don't know what specifically your type of visa is that's why I can't comment further. But yeah, have a look at this http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/visa-about-to-expire-or-expired/extend-my-stay and do the wizard