Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Planning to have a fresh start in other state like Melbourne,ACT etc.

Aiza05Aiza05 SydneyPosts: 191Member
Mga kababayan:

Hingi lang po ako ng advices or suggestions or any insights pra don sa mga nakatira na sa Melbourne or pra don sa mga lumipat from Sydney to Melbourne.

I'm currently living in Sydney for nearly 5 years now and I've been contemplating on relocating to other state since alam nman nating lahat that the quality of life here at Sydney ay hindi na ganong kaganda because of increasing cost of living and hindi kami makaipon and wala parin property until now. Been married to my Fil-Aussie husband for nearly 5 years as well and we're planning to have a baby next year and hopefullu soon makabili ng property which is suntok sa buwan na lalo dto sa Sydney.

Can someone advice me how's the quality of life in Melbourne? Cost of living? How easy or hard to find jobs there for labourer (hubby) and in healthcare-pathology (me)?

I don't mind the weather in Melbourne, I just want a fresh start..thanks in advance! ;-)

November 2011 to February 2012- First entry to Australia with a Tourist Visa
December 2012- Second entry with a Fiancee Visa
June 2013- Applied for 2-stage Partner Visa (Temporary & Permanent)
July 2013- Temporary Visa granted after I got married
December 2015- Permanent Visa granted
February 2013 to January 2016- Worked in a non-healthcare job
January 2016- My first job in healthcare as a Tech. Assistant/ Pathology collector
January 2017- Given a permanent position as a Tech. Assistant
January 2017- Applied online for Citizenship
February 2017- Received an email re: Australian Citizenship
appointment and test
May 2017- Citizenship test date! Yeeeyyyy! ;-)
May 18,2017- Citizenship exam passed and application approved
Aug. 7, 2017- Citizenship Ceremony
September 2017- new sched of my AIMS exam
November 2017- received AIMS exam result
February 2018- start of Uni session 1

(This site is very informative and very glad to have discovered it! Cheers!)

Comments

• SushigurlSushigurl Melbourne
    Hi Aiza,

Ni PM kita, check and call me.
  • Aiza05Aiza05 Sydney
    Sure! Thank you huh! ;-)

January 2016- My first job in healthcare as a Tech. Assistant/ Pathology collector
    appointment and test

• Au_VicAu_Vic Melbourne, Victoria
    hi,

i have been to Sydney few times for a holiday and have friends there (I even had job offers in Sydney but I did not accept it). I prefer to live in Melbourne and I love Melbourne, quality of life is good and we have a different way of life here. cost of living here is cheaper compared to Sydney. Property prices have started to go up but still affordable.

My friends in sydney have the same dilemma as you about buying a property there. its close to impossible even if both husband and wife works. Rent in Sydney is ridiculously high even if you live in the outer burbs.

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

• Aiza05Aiza05 Sydney
    @Au_Vic ur on point! Dami narin nagsabi nyan sakin..even if I choose to live in western Sydney suburbs (for example), karamihan naman ay magulo or crime ridden ang area..i'd rather transfer to other states or cities kesa nman lilipat nga ako ng ibang suburbs at nsa sydney parin, pero palagi nman traffic at magulo..wag nalang..im considering on transferring to ACT as well but depends sa makukuha namin work..

lahat ng kapatid ng asawa ko, they were able to bought a house here, but its either they are earning big salaries or more than decade na silang ngwwork ng 2 jobs which I don't have right now..they were convincing us to just stay here, more probably pra hindi nga nman hiwa hiwalay ang family pero with a ridiculous required downpayment? nevermind lol!

Thanks for ur insights! ;-)

appointment and test