Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa

Comments

• arishielarishiel ADL
    Hi may tanong lang po ako.. naglodge na ko ng visa.. then nagsend sakin ang skillselect na they already suspended may woi.. ganun po ba talaga un?
    Isa pa pong tanong.. papano ko po mapapalitan ung resident address ko sa pinas na ko nakabase? Wala pang CO contact?

2014 +skill assessmen, EILTS; 2015 (break)
    2016 PTE take 3 competent; applied for NSW SS (sept2016, until sept2017, no invites)
    Aug4'17 applied visa489 SA SS
    Aug24'17 ITA received (fill up Form 80, 1221, partially completed docs)
    Aug30'17 (SATA AMK medical, same day result "no action required"
    Sep4'17 SG COC
    Sep8'17 husband medical (sep 13 result)
    Sep11'17 VISA LODGED
    Sep15'17 NBI ph
    Sep21'17 daughter medical (St. Lukes Ermita)
    Oct10'17 DIRECT GRANT!
    TY LORD

• Au_VicAu_Vic Melbourne, Victoria
    kitkat17 said:

hello ako din po nag submit ng eoi 489 and 189 pero na inivte po ako agad sa 489 I was just thinking if possible po ba na isama ang asawa ko after ko m grant netong 489? kc next year p kmi ikkasal if pwede po akong type po ng visa at how much ung fee? last question po sino po sa inyo ang currently under 489, mhirap po ba compared sa 189 which is PR agad? Maraming salamat po.

489 has the subsequent entry pathway option meaning your partner can apply for 489 as long as the primary applicant has been granted 489.

I know this may be a wrong question, why would you need to wait to get married first? did you know that in Australia, you can add a partner in your visa application w/o marriage as long as you live together and can demonstrate that you share your current life together.

Fee for subsequent entry pathway is the same as normal 489 application so if you want to save money might as well include your partner in your current 489 application provided that you can prove that you are partners.

What do you mean mas mahirap ang 489 kesa 189? mahirap in what sense? 489 has limitations being a temporary visa while 189 has no restrictions but it depends on what you want, do you want to come to Australia soon or you want to wait w/o any guarantee kung kelan ka maiinvite? please bear in mind that immigration rules changed a lot the past year or so kaya I think better to be in australia. I am guessing in the future, they will make 489 visa more strict.

Its up to you to decide what you want..

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

• kitkat17kitkat17 Sunshine Coast
    Au_Vic said:

kitkat17 said:

hello ako din po nag submit ng eoi 489 and 189 pero na inivte po ako agad sa 489 I was just thinking if possible po ba na isama ang asawa ko after ko m grant netong 489? kc next year p kmi ikkasal if pwede po akong type po ng visa at how much ung fee? last question po sino po sa inyo ang currently under 489, mhirap po ba compared sa 189 which is PR agad? Maraming salamat po.

489 has the subsequent entry pathway option meaning your partner can apply for 489 as long as the primary applicant has been granted 489.

I know this may be a wrong question, why would you need to wait to get married first? did you know that in Australia, you can add a partner in your visa application w/o marriage as long as you live together and can demonstrate that you share your current life together.

Fee for subsequent entry pathway is the same as normal 489 application so if you want to save money might as well include your partner in your current 489 application provided that you can prove that you are partners.

What do you mean mas mahirap ang 489 kesa 189? mahirap in what sense? 489 has limitations being a temporary visa while 189 has no restrictions but it depends on what you want, do you want to come to Australia soon or you want to wait w/o any guarantee kung kelan ka maiinvite? please bear in mind that immigration rules changed a lot the past year or so kaya I think better to be in australia. I am guessing in the future, they will make 489 visa more strict.

Hello thank po sa very detailed answer nyo po. Ahh alam ko po pwede na i add ang partner pero hindi po kc ako confident n we can show proof that we are partner kc we are not living together pa po only proof is mga pics lang po and not sure kung ano pa ang requirements kaya po bka dun nlng po sa subsequent entry.

Gustohin ko man po n isama sya sa application parang ayaw pa kasi ng mga family ko kaya plan nlng nmin n after m grant and mkaipon n dn ako. Kc mdmi n po kc ako gastos kpg registered nurse po gawa nun bridging program pa.

I mea mhirap po ba mag hanap ng work? Kc mdyo confused po kc ako kog nagttngin ako ng work nkalagay po kc mostly requirement is PR or citizen na since 489 is temporary visa lng hndi po b mhirap maghanap ng work? Salamat po.
    kitkat17 said:

Au_Vic said:

kitkat17 said:

Hello thank po sa very detailed answer nyo po. Ahh alam ko po pwede na i add ang partner pero hindi po kc ako confident n we can show proof that we are partner kc we are not living together pa po only proof is mga pics lang po and not sure kung ano pa ang requirements kaya po bka dun nlng po sa subsequent entry.

Gustohin ko man po n isama sya sa application parang ayaw pa kasi ng mga family ko kaya plan nlng nmin n after m grant and mkaipon n dn ako. Kc mdmi n po kc ako gastos kpg registered nurse po gawa nun bridging program pa.

I mea mhirap po ba mag hanap ng work? Kc mdyo confused po kc ako kog nagttngin ako ng work nkalagay po kc mostly requirement is PR or citizen na since 489 is temporary visa lng hndi po b mhirap maghanap ng work? Salamat po.
    hi,

No worries. i agree with you, if you cant provide a solid evidence of being together then don't include him/her yet. next time na lang xa.

If you are a nurse and already finished your bridging program here, I think you will not have any difficulty in finding a job here coz as far as I know very scarce ang skilled workers sa medical at allied medical professions lalo na sa regional cities or smaller states baka ung hospitals pa magmakaawa sa iyo to work for them kc kulang na kulang talaga. As an example, check mo etong link below from tasmania government in desperate need of nurses...desperate ang term na ginamit nila...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-10/overseas-nurses-sought-to-fill-shortage-in-tasmania/8172020

Those job advertisements you have seen online (seek) were posted by HR and/or recruitment agencies who does not have thorough understanding of every visa type in Australia and what the visa can do and cant do. They are only aware of common visa terminologies like student or PR.

Each company has ways to verify your visa conditions like calling aussie immigration or online access but its also common especially for big companies to hire third party companies to do full background checks including visa entitlement.

I'm Australian in paper but pinoy in form....Living in the most liveable city in the world...Melbourne! Oi, oi, oi!!!

• kitkat17kitkat17 Sunshine Coast
    edited September 2017
    Au_Vic said:

kitkat17 said:

Au_Vic said:

kitkat17 said:

hi,

No worries. i agree with you, if you cant provide a solid evidence of being together then don't include him/her yet. next time na lang xa.

If you are a nurse and already finished your bridging program here, I think you will not have any difficulty in finding a job here coz as far as I know very scarce ang skilled workers sa medical at allied medical professions lalo na sa regional cities or smaller states baka ung hospitals pa magmakaawa sa iyo to work for them kc kulang na kulang talaga. As an example, check mo etong link below from tasmania government in desperate need of nurses...desperate ang term na ginamit nila...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-10/overseas-nurses-sought-to-fill-shortage-in-tasmania/8172020

Those job advertisements you have seen online (seek) were posted by HR and/or recruitment agencies who does not have thorough understanding of every visa type in Australia and what the visa can do and cant do. They are only aware of common visa terminologies like student or PR.

Each company has ways to verify your visa conditions like calling aussie immigration or online access but its also common especially for big companies to hire third party companies to do full background checks including visa entitlement.

Thank you po sa sobrang detailed n sagot nyo po at natulungan nyo po ako makpg isip at mkpg decide ng mbuti. Opo tapos n po ako mag bridging program. And will be returning to Brisbane po this 22 of Sep ang plan ko nlng po tlga is wait for the invitation rounds this 20 of sep at 4th of Oct and lastly ung 457 na nag interview sakin.. pero if wala pa rin invite after Oct 4 bka kunin ko n ung 489, my 489 invitation expires on Oct 7 aapplyan ko n sya pra ok na. Hndi ko p po n view ung link n senend nyo antok n kc tom nlng. Salamat po ulit. ;)

• lccnsrsnnlccnsrsnn Adelaide, Australia
    Question sa mga 489 visa holders. Magkano inaabot ang tax nyo? Kung 50K annual salary magkano take home nun per month? Kaya bang bumuhay ng mag-asawa (walang kids) ng ganon sweldo?
  • rdr8rdr8 Melbourne
    @lccnsrsnn parang saken nasa 30% yung tax ko. RN work ko. Single ako pero malaki naman nakukuha ko. And sa tax claim sa EOFY, malaki rin nakuha ko kasi malaki nakakaltas saken na tax. Depende rin siguro yun sa inyo kung low or high maintenance yung living niyo.
  • lccnsrsnnlccnsrsnn Adelaide, Australia
    @rdr8 Low maintenance lang kami hehe! Question lang, how much average expenses on the following: kuryente, transpo, groceries, tubig, mobile?
  • rdr8rdr8 Melbourne
    Sa electricity for 3 mos parang average ng $150 yung binabayaran namen nung housemate ko. Sa water $50 averge 3mos. Sa groceries naman depende rin kung ano yung lulutuin niyo, tamad kasi ko magluto e
  • rdr8rdr8 Melbourne
    @lccnsrsnn pero mostly $50-80 yung groceries ko. Sa mobile $50 per month ako kasi prepaid lang ako, dko kumuha ng line, feeling ko kasi dko need kasi siblings ko lang naman na nasa Melbourne ang call ko if ever or sa work, tapos internet gamit ko pag contact parent ko sa pinas. Tapossa transpo dko masyado magastos kasi malapit lang ako sa work, sa regional area pati ako. Pero sa Melbourne, nasa $8ish ang fare all day, tapos pde ka mag top up ng weekly or monthly fares may kunting discount. Pero yun nga sa case ko yan, hehe depende rin sa ibang tao yung expenses nila.
  • AkawntantAnneAkawntantAnne Philippines
    Hi! Parsa sa akin mas favorable ang 489 (sponsored by relative) kase dito lang mataas points ko, 70 or 80points, depende kung gaano katagal ang invites. Ask ko lang gaano ba katagal ang 489 invitation? aabutin ba ng 1 year? Kung 80points ba mabilis lang? Kung 70 points?Ang sponsor ko ay cousin ko na Au citizen na. Kailangan ko na magmadali dahil sa age ko malapit na mabawasan ang points. Salamat sa mga sasagot ng inquiries ko. All the best!

221111 Accountant (General)
    Age:25points/English: Aiming for Superior 20points/Qualifications: Bachelors Degree 15points/Skilled Employment10points/
    If Visa 189(Skilled Independent) = 70points
    If 190 (SponsoredbyState-NSW) +5points = 75points
    If 489 (SponsoredbyaRelativeinMelb/SS-NT/TAS)+10points= 80points

07.01.2017 Ongoing PTE review
    09.16.2017 Bought Budget package of E2language
    10.24.2017 Tentative date of PTE exam

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD.

@AkawntantAnne hi, i checked your signature and accountant pala nominated occupation mo. Have you lodged an EOI yet? Mejo tricky kc ang invitation rounds for accountant. If 489 sponsored by relative ka you will fall into the pro-rata process by immigration meaning magiinvite lang ng 489 relative if may available slots pa after ng 189 but if you will have 80points then you may get an invite sa 489 relative kc mataas ang 80 points.

current invitation rounds as per dibp website..

http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/06-september-2017-round-results.aspx

i have a suggestion though, why dont you also apply for 190 NSW SS? If you have 70 pts plus 5 for SS, total of 75 which is quite high there is a chance that you will get an invite.

Someone posted on this forum (check the NSW SS thread) that he/she got invited in NSW with 75 points for 190 - which is a permanent visa. But then again, its up to you which way you prefer. Best of luck!

@rayortinez hi, I can guide you on the process but i need to know your situation and are you familiar with the standard process of migration so I know where to start? maybe would be good if you can answer the below:

1. whats is your nominated occupation? is your occupation included in the skills list eligible for 489? are you a student or skilled migrant?
    2. have you submitted or received a positive skills assessment from engineers australia for your nominated occupation?
    3. what is your current points/score excluding relative sponsorship?
    4. where in australia your sponsor is currently residing? is the sponsor australian citizen or PR?
    5. what is your relationship with the sponsor? (e.g. mother, father, sister, cousin, auntie, etc?

@rayortinez

if willing ka and may time to read and ask questions about the whole process of migration then you don't need to hire a migration agent kc dito pa lang sa forum marami ka na mapagtatanungan but if you do not have time to research, read and explore ung process then mag hire ka ng migration agent for convenience pero so far marami dito sa forum ang sila lang ang nagprocess ng application nila. Kc if mag hire ka ng migration agent need mo din iprepare ang docs then sila lang magorganise so same lang sayang pa fees na ibabayad mo sa agent.

Victoria is classified as "designated" area per immigration meaning pwede ka i-sponsor ng brother mo for 489. Note that once the visa is granted pwede ka tumira ANYWHERE in Victoria including Melbourne metro

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications/designated-areas

A. Eto ung steps (high-level):

1. you need to get a positive skills assessment muna from engineers australia para we know kung may chance ka. eto website ng engineers australia, if you are willing to pay extra may fast track assessment sila. may guide at assessment booklet na pwde mong basahin.

https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/For-Migrants/Fast-Track-Migration-Skills-Assessment

my section dito sa forum na specific for engineers australia skills assessment so pwde ka dun magtanong and for sure someone will answer you

2. if you have not done yet, kuha ka ng english test. ung result ng english test mo should match yung points na i-claim mo sa eoi. Pwede mo din gamitin ung english test na sinubmit mo sa assessment if happy ka sa score na nakuha mo dun.

3. while waiting for the assessment, i-gather mo na ung other documents na required for relative sponsorship na hindi mo pa na-prepare

4. kpg positive ung skill assessment mo, satisfied ka na sa english result mo at nagather mo na ung other documents na needed. gawa ka ng expression of interest (EOI) sa immigration website.

Note: bago ka mag lodge ng EOI, make sure lang na ung points na i-claim mo sa EOI e may supporting evidence at available na kc once na ma-invite ka you only have 60 days to submit the visa application so dapat ready ka.

5. Upon checking, anzsco 233211 Civil Engineer is not identified by immigration as subject to pro-rata application may mga other engineering professions kc na nka pro-rata ang priority is given to applicants who applied for 189 and with high points.

I cannot guarantee this but since ung civil engineer e hindi naka pro-rata you may get an invite quicker even if you only have 60 points (50 + 10 relative sponsor points)

B. Other relevant websites na pwde mo i-check for more information:

1. dibp skills select invitation rounds, score and report
    http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/06-september-2017-round-results.aspx

2. dibp 489 relative sponsored visa details and process (refer to invited pathway by family/relative)
    http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-

3. dibp EOI/skill select portal
    http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/visas-and-migration/employing-and-sponsoring-workers/skillselect

Btw, anu ung breakdown ng points mo? hindi ba kaya na maka 60 ka w/o relative sponsorship?

@rayortinez if you have 60 points, you can apply for visa 189 directly on your own and visa 189 is a permanent visa and you/partner/dependents included in the visa application can work and live anywhere in oz plus you are entitled to enroll for medicare whilst if you apply for 489, 489 is a temporary/provisional visa for 4 years. since you are applying via the relative path, you can only live and work in the same designated area/state where your sponsor resides that's for the period of 2 yrs plus you are not entitled to any medicare benefit with 489.

Once you meet the 2yr live/1yr work condition for your 489 then you are entitled to apply for visa 887 to get your permanent residency. Once you get your PR you can live anywhere you want and get medicare benefits.

@rayortinez you can check on the link above for the specific documents you need from your sponsor. it is easy and straight forward...

• katniss2015katniss2015 Philippines
    Hello po sir @Au_Vic at sa mga ma'am/ sir na pwede makasagot sa tanong ko. I'm currently thinking about applying for visa 489/190 - NT state nomination due to stiff competition in applying for visa 189 at 190-NSW for accountants. Sa ngayon kasi, NSW at NT lang ang open for accountants.

1. Evidence of financial capacity:
    Should we provide this upon application for state nomination? Or upon visa lodging?

On the mount required, according to the website of NT, it’s AUD60k for family of 3, can we present the bank certificate without bank statements? We’re planning to avail show money loan partly from lending institution and usually they have a designated bank and they will just provide you with bank certificate.

Also, may minimum holding period ba na dapat naka-deposit and pera sa bank account?

2. What do you know about NT-Darwin in terms of safety, lifestyle and job opportunities? Dito kasi sa forum puro old info, around 2 yrs ago, ang discussion about this topic at wala masyadong feedback. Baka lang po may alam kayo lalo na po yung mga nasa AU na.

3. Regarding the application for Visa 887, one of the requirements is this - “Evidence that you have worked full-time in a specified regional area(s) for at least 12 months.” – Kailangan ba na ang work mo ay related sa profession mo or sa ANZ code mo? For instance, kung accountant prof mo, pero you worked as admin assistant in AU for some reason, counted ba ang work experience na ito to apply for visa 887?

Salamat po sa makakasagot. God bless!

ANZSCO 221111 - Accountant (General) 190(NSW)-75 pts

30.12.2016 – Became an associate member of CPAA
    26.01.2017 - PTE L85/ R70/ S72/ W84 (Proficient)
    20.02.2017 – Received positive assessment from CPAA (5 yrs)
    21.02.2017 - Submitted EOI 189-60 pts; 190(NSW)-65 pts
    10.10.2017 - PTE Take 6 L90/ R79/ S90/ W82 (Superior at last!) 20 pts
    11.10.2017 - Updated EOI 189-70 pts; 190(NSW)-75 pts
    12.12.2017 - Updated EOI 189 - 75 pts; 190(NSW) - 80 pts
    16.12.2017 - Skillselect update automatic reduction of points EOI 189 - 70 pts; 190(NSW) - 75 pts.
    18.12.2017 - Received Pre-invite from NSW (subclass 190)
    20.12.2017 - Submitted 190 NSW nomination application
    16.01.2018 - ITA received/ NSW nomination approval
    17.01.2018 - Medical at Nationwide Makati
    17.01.2018 - Medical Result Cleared (18 months old)
    23.01.2018 - Medical Results Cleared (me & hubby)
    23.01.2018 - Lodged Visa 190
    23.04.2018 - Direct Grant

preparing for BM

Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

@rayortinez

1. most likely the sponsor could move interstate and/or go overseas. Note that your sponsor is either a PR or oz citizen to technically the sponsor can live or go anywhere.

2. yes, if you apply for 489 state sponsorship in Victoria, you have to live and work in selected post codes identified by immigration as "Regional" for 2 years at least or up until you get your PR. Once you get your PR then you can live anywhere.

3. Tricky question, it depends sa occupation, points, at requirements. If state sponsored, may specific list of occupations and additional requirements ang Victoria for state sponsorship.

I believe in your case, you have to assess few things like speed of processing, flexibility and job opportunities, etc.

@katniss2015

1. You have to submit financial evidence upon state sponsorship application. You can submit bank certificate but would be good if you have bank statements just in case NT will ask. I'm not sure if may minimum requirement kung ilang days/months dapat nsa account mo yung money.

2. I have not been to Darwin/NT but in terms of safety, anywhere you go may mga lugar na hindi safe right? pero sorry to say this but I think mas safe sa Darwin kesa sa Pinas in general. Lifestyle, tropical climate ang darwin so apparently very ok ang weather, parang asia or pinas minus ung sobrang humidity at walang pollution. Cguro laid back ang darwin compared sa other big cities sa oz. Job opportunities, check seek.com.au for jobs in darwin/NT per dont expect too much about big corporate offices, fancy buildings, etc, plus depende yan kung open ka mag work as non-accountant, etc.

I heard maraming pinoy sa darwin/NT, plus malapit pa sa pinas at may PAL flight to and/from Darwin.

3. nope, it does not have to be the same occupation code. any work as long as you meet the full-time/hours required and 1yr at least.

I totally agree with you, sobrang mahirap na mkapunta kpg accountant or auditor ang nominated occupation kc dami ka-competensha at limited na ang slots.

best of luck sa iyo! try all possible ways for you to be in australia quicker.

@Au_Vic Maraming salamat po sir sa pagsagot. God bless po.

16.12.2017 - Skillselect update automatic reduction of points EOI 189 - 70 pts; 190(NSW) - 75 pts.

preparing for BM

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    @katniss2015 Nag-apply ako sa NT last month. Pangdagdag sa financial evidence, nagsubmit din ako ng mga life insurance policy certificates na nakapangalan sa akin. Naka-indicate dun kung magkano yung cash value ng insurance pag tinerminate ko ngayon. Hindi ko alam kung acceptable yun pero at least alam nila na may additional sources of cash.
    @maguero thanks for the info. I will also include mine pati shares of stocks certificate. Btw, nag apply ka pala last month, ano po ba occupation nyo sir? may feedback na po ba si NT sa inyo or acknowledgment man lang? Ilang weeks daw po bago malaman ang result?

preparing for BM

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    @katniss2015 May acknowledgement e-mail kaagad pagkasubmit. Nakalagay na doon yung reference number mo. Mukhang mga 2.5 to 3 months bago makakuha ng response kasi sa ibang forum yung mga nagsubmit kaagad ng July 1, mid-September nakakuha ng decision.
  • MLBSMLBS Manila
    @rayortinez tama po ang agency na last 10 years lang ang maccredit. Ang mahirap sa 489 is maiinvite lang po kapatid nyo kung di naubos sa 189 invites ang allocation per round.

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

• kymmekymme Western Australia
    anyone waiting for Vic state sponsorship invite?

Registered Nurse Nec

06/15 - touchdown Oz
    07/15 - start of classes (Bachelor in Nursing)
    05/16 - passed OET (after 4 failed attempts with IELTS and PTE)
    07/16 - finished uni
    07/16 - received AHPRA Australian Registered Nurse rego
    08/16 - student visa 500 (Diploma)
    10/16 - started working as an RN

07/09/17 - Submitted EOI for State Nom Vic with 60points

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Bakit po ganun? :( Wala namang nakalagay sa Engineers Australia website pati sa DIBP page

If you look at the points test table, skilled employment in the last 10 years lang tinitignan..syempre they want to be assured na skilled ka pa din sa nominated occupation mo when you apply kaya makakakuha ka lang ng maximum points sa work experience for 8-10 years relevant employmemt. Mas matagal ang invites for 489 family sponsored visa kasi limited ang slots, you can check the numbers sa details of invitation rounds sa dibo website. Parang around 10 lang yata every fortnight.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Salamat po for the reply, @fgs and @MLBS Meron po ba dito na yung skilled experience ay nacredit kahit na hindi sobrang related ng experience sa profession? Say pang mechanical engineer experience pro civil engineer po sya? Thanks po sa makakasagot!

You can ask your assessing body to include advice on claiming points( i think for an additional fee) pero in your example, its unlikely na macredit. If you graduated in civil engineering and your work experience is in mechanical engineering, the points you can claim for Education is the equivalent points for Bachelor degree. Your assessing body now determine whether you can claim all your work experience in mechanical engineering. Since hindi related ang dalawa, they will require minimum number of years experience in mechanical engineering before they can assessed you as deemed skilled. Ibig sabihin bawas yon sa number of years work experience you can claim towards points test..Example..you have 10 years work experience as mechanical engineer pero nagtapos ka ng civil, tapos ang requirement ng assessing body is min 3 years work experience as ME to be deemed skilled, you can only claim 7 years as work experience towards the points test.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Thank you, @fgs. Medyo nakakalungkot itong news pero to be on the safe side, magagency nlng cguro kame to guide us on what to do. Kahit alam ko na kaya na sarilinan talaga had there been no hiccups in terms of experience. Much appreciated!

Thats how they assess since 3 years ago..Civil Enginnering degree ko pero iba ang nominated occupation but during my application, hindi pa sila nagbabawas ng work experience...it was only implemented by all assessing bodies 3 years ago
  • iamveeiamvee SG
    Question... hope you can help me guys.

I have a pending SC 489 application and a tourist visa na mag-expire in November. I plan to go to AU this December with friends just for the holidays lang sana. Can I apply for another Tourist visa or not allowed?

I've read this but not sure kung if it fully applies to me kasi mainly as a tourist lang naman intention ko to travel..

If you applied outside Australia
    Do not make arrangements to travel to Australia, leave your job or sell your home until we advise you in writing that you have been granted the visa.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-#tab-content-1
  • MissOZdreamerMissOZdreamer Manila
    @iamvee hello. same tayo ng question :) i think ung nasa website ng DIBP pertaining to PR na un and not tourist. balitaan mo ko if apply ka ng tourist visa :)