Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

What are the OPTIONS for nurses

Comments

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited November 2012
    fast facts for NSW nurses alone lang eto ha...number 1 largest ethnic group ang filipino nurses;D there are about 4000 nurses from 129 countries for NSW under the nurse's association. this is the top 8!:D - LAMP issue nov. 2012
    1. philippines - 742 nurses
    2. uk -434 nurses
    3. india 367
    4. china -257 nurses
    5. new zealand-225 nurses
    6. nepal-217 nurses
    7. fiji - 183 nurses
    8. zimbabwe-119 nurses

.. galing ng pinoy! ;D

most common problem of all migrant nurses:
    1. unethical recruitment - ( i think guilty mga 3rd world country about this specially sa pinas..grabeh yung mga agency/ consultancy sa atin..parang vultures).
    2. difficulty sa ielts
    3. social protection issues (like childcare benefits 457 visas are not legible) and access to medicare for temporary visa holders.
    4. discrimination - may comment dito from an assistant in nursing who is filipino that she was told by her co-worker to go back to her home country kasi she is stealing the jobs of the australians and a patient also said he did not want her to look after him because she's colored.
    5. lack of information - with regards to pay, benefits, hours and other info like nurses are not allowed to be social network friends with any of their pts. this is a nsw policy im not sure about other states.
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    ask lang poh.new kz akoh d2..,ung 489 visa.my relatives akoh sah au nah mgsponsor skin..rn meh d2 pnas..k lang kht dna mg BP..?any idea nman poh.thanxxx..,
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    ask lang poh.new kz akoh d2..,ung 489 visa.my relatives akoh sah au nah mgsponsor skin..rn meh d2 pnas..k lang kht dna mg BP..?any idea nman poh.thanxxx..,
    di kow getz pow ang BP? jejeje... ;)
    please state po your question clearly para maintindihan ng lahat.. Thanks!

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

edited November 2012
    @jocelyn doesn't matter what visa you are on..or even if you are a citizen kasi married to an australian..or sponsored by the prime minister of australia to come to oz.

if you a registered nurse from a country NOT the uk/ nz/ oz / ireland then you are NOT registered as a nurse in australia.

the ONLY way to be a registered nurse in australia is by undergoing the BP or bridging/conversion program or by doing a 3 years BN program for 20 thousand a year.

kahit diplomatic visa pa yan..ambassador visa, basta kahit anung course specifically medical fields basta galing sa country WITHOUT RECIPROCITY with australia then there is NO WAY to be registered / work in that profession unless you do the necessary paperwork assessment/ exam or school.

walang po'ng short cut kahit sino pa ang nagbigay ng visa mo....:D hope that clarifies things.

and also.. please write in proper english ( good practice for ielts.. nurses need an ielts score of 7 in all areas po) or at least proper tagalog.

don't dumb down your grammar...hindi po cute. nurses in other countries like me pride ourselves in our ability to communicate properly..yan po ang edge ng pinoy nurses to other nationalities so better get use to using proper grammar and spelling again if you want to be a professional in a country like australia.

number 1 requirement po ang ielts.. 7 in all area then assessment by aphra and then bridging program.

who cares what visa you have.. if you can't do those then you can't be a registered nurse in australia, simple as that.

visa is only to get into the country.. it doesn't assure you a job nor does it assure you of a qualification. those are different set of paper works.
  • johnandjoshjohnandjosh Brisbane
    @jocelyn, ayan nasermunan ka tuloy! Ako rin nahirapan basahin ang post mo, ne!
  • Rommel1982Rommel1982 North Ryde
    hahaha..

Student Visa Subclass 573 Higher Education
    University of Western Sydney
    Bachelor of Nursing

• jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    haha..sigeh..,snay lang pacute txt..,by the way thanks for d info. guys..,
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    @li_i_ren , ask lang again,i read some forum na BP will be vary depending on your work exp..!when you had 3yrs. or more it wil run only for just 3-6mos. while if its 3yrs. below about a yr. dw po and probably fees are
    10-30k au..!am just confused to that kasi sa gov. ng queensland around 3k au lang ang fees na nakalagay.plz. enlighten my mind poh ateh.thanks...
  • iammaxwell1989iammaxwell1989 Melbourne
    Baka mapagalitan ka ulit. =)

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    26 Oct 2012 - IELTS Results
    17 Feb 2013 - Lodged Visa 476
    07 June 2013 - CO Allocated
    22 Aug 2013 - Visa Grant for me and my girlfriend
    07 April 2014 - Touchdown Melbourne!
    14 March 2015 - IELTS in Melbourne
    16 June 2015 - Submitted EA Skills Assessment (Electrical Engineer)
    23 June 2015 - PTE-A in Melbourne
    2 July 2015 - Received positive EA skills assessment
    6 July 2015 - Submitted EOI for visa 189 (65 points)
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA
    4 Aug 2015 - Lodged app for visa 189. Bridging visa released
    19 Nov 2015 - Visa 189 granted for me and my GF
    7 April 2018 - Lodged Citizenship
    21 Jan 2019 - Immi response
    29 March 2019 - Citizenship exam passed

edited November 2012
    @jocelyn im not a nurse... pero baka ang nakita mong fee is for citizens or PRs..
    iba po yata ang rate pag mga international students...
    mostly, malaki ang difference ng rates (citizens vs international)

Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)

yup for PR and citizens..it's very very affordable basta below 5 thou lang. go sa international students na section sa website where you checked that out. my friend in brisbane which is queensland is currently taking the BP there.. i forgot the name of the school.. 3 months yung BP nya and the cost was 13thou aud.
    another friend in melbourne taking the BP couple months back, 3 months was 9thou aud. so school prices do vary but highly unlikely that it will be that cheap cause you're an international student.
    check under overseas students or international students.. that's where you would fall whatever visa you have as long as it's not a residency visa.
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    @li_i_ren..,thanks again for the info..!
  • zyahoozyahoo Cebu City
    @jocelyn. The course duration and fees depend on what BP school you enrol in. Having more work experience does not necessarily mean that a student will study for a shorter period of time. In our batch of students, we had varying work experiences. Some had 3+ years, 1 year, and even 3 months work experience. The cost of study is around 10k AUD to 14k AUD depending on the school you choose to enrol in. I hope this helps.
  • zyahoozyahoo Cebu City
    edited November 2012
    Hello guys, so I've finally decided to apply for a 456 visa (short stay business visa) to attend to job interviews and possible orientation. Kaso natakot ako baka ireject ang visa application ko kasi I read this on the net: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/12734-asking-suggestion-my-case.html. The visa application was denied because the main reason is that the applicant is very likely to work after the interview.
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    @zyahoo..,just want to clarify if watz their basis on BP..,is it on your skills..?i mean kung competent ka eh mga 3mos. ka lang?hehe..,they wil not look on ur past exp. ect..?sori kung mtnung ako just want to know lang tlgah..!
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    edited November 2012
    and also can i use the 149visa rlative sponsorship pra itake ung BP nila dyn..?any suggestion lang po..!
  • zyahoozyahoo Cebu City
    Hi Jocelyn, ang katagalan ng bridging program ay based lamang sa bridging school na pinasukan mo, not based sa skills/work experience mo. Ang iba, in-offer nila ng 12 weeks. Ang iba mas matagal. Depende lang din yun sa discretion ng school. Pero upon application for enrolment, tinitingnan din ng mga bridging school kung ilan na ba ang work experience mo. Kasi yung ibang school, kasama sa criteria nila na may 1+ years of experience. Yung ibang school, it doesn't matter sa kanila kung may experience ka o wala. :)
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    @zyahoo..,thank you...,ngayon my idea nakuh.ask lang ulit ngwo2rk knb dyn as nurse..?i heared kz na high standard talaga ang auz..,!ilang mos. tinagal ng BP mo..?share ka naman ng experience u dyn.hehe..
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    edited November 2012
    @zyahoo..,ask din pala if what gnmit mong visa to take the BP..?thanxxx..,
    edited November 2012
    @jocelyn if you don't mind i'll answer that question pero zyahoo please feel free to add also your experience:D .. oz standard is high in terms na they really want you to practice by the book and by their protocols. but most hospitals in oz a few exceptions like the private/ royal children's in melbourne.. and a couple new hospitals being built are really old. i came from nz and though it is a small country the hospitals in nz even the most district ones are almost like a hospital you will see in makati cbd.

when i came to oz this year and starting working in their icu here..i almost cried.. kasi it was not what i expected in terms of set up kasi i was so used to working in a private hospital sa pinas and also in new zealand where everything is very neat and tidy/ sparkling even.

but saying that.. lahat ng gamit and medications are there. protocols are there ..though not as organized/ centralized as i was used to but protocol handbooks are within sight talaga to refer to. maraming silang computer based programs that you can use kaya lang di open system ang oz so you can't access the internet and also hindi pa centralized ang oz compared to the us/ nz meaning may mga delays or you won't be able to view patient results/ x-ray/ notes if the patient doesn't came from the same state or health district.

ang ward setting is 1 nurse to 4-5 patients. in i.c.u where i am, it's 1 nurse to 2 hdu patients or 1 is to 1 pt. there are 10 hours shifts, 8 hours shift or 12 hours shift per hospital has their own shifting. i work 12 hours shifts... kasi it's what i am used to.

it is self-rostering except for the first 2 months of orientation. maganda yung self rostering kasi they will try talaga to give you the roster you want kaya lang sometimes you won't get it din pero more often that not they will really try to give you the roster you have requested.

job interviews in oz is panel... 2 educators/ 1 unit manager/ 1-2 nums. so medyo madaming questions.. i had 3 interviews all for icu areas but apparently sa ward it's just 2 educators and 1 unit manager. they have at least 3 questions each.. mostly about safety and ethics.

it is nice to work in oz in a sense that pay is really good and full time work here is only 72 hours per 15 days or forthnight.. so if you have the energy..you can do part time work or spend time with your family. double pay yung overtime!!! and there are penal rates for shift work.

workmates..ozzies are generally nice pero if you don't ask then they won't help. so the key is to ask.. practice your english, they like american accents... they will always compliment you if you have a nice accent. kasi sa unit namin there's only 2 of us pinoys.. and they always wonder how come the 2 of us have american accent kasi yung cleaner/ porter namin na pinoy iba daw yung accents... pero we tell them it depends kasi how educated you are sa pinas so some filipinos would have a filipino accent while others will have an american twang.

anyway hope that helps you a bit:)
  • jocelynjocelyn Seattle
    @li_i_ren..,thanks..,!of course it really helps me a lot..!now i have an idea kung gaaano ka highly standard dyn..,1yr. exp. palang kasi ako d2. rnheals d2 pnas..!hopefully someday maging nurse din ako dyn..!thanks again,..,
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    Wow! Ang galing ng forum na to, andami ko info nakukuha. Pero nahihirapan din ako mag-digest, hehe.

May friend kasi ako na 10 years as nurse but not eligible daw siya for bridging course? Andami niya tanong sakin but I couldn't give answers. We're both in medical field and pareho kami kailangan dumaan ng AHPRA registration. But I cannot give her inputs kasi di rin naman ako nurse.

I should introduce her to this forum!

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

• 021607021607 Sydney
    @li_i_ren - hi there. Just curious about the name of the school in qld your friend took her BP. My husband will start in UQ in feb and will undertake a 1-year pathway for overseas qualified professional nurses. Indicative fees amount to $30k for the whole year, but because we are PRs there are options available like Commonwealth Supported Place and FEE-HELP. Now I am just curious about the school offering $13k for 3 months. I've enquired with AHPRA and was told that there is no accredited BP in all of qld. Thanks in advance!
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Wow! Ang galing ng forum na to, andami ko info nakukuha. Pero nahihirapan din ako mag-digest, hehe.

May friend kasi ako na 10 years as nurse but not eligible daw siya for bridging course? Andami niya tanong sakin but I couldn't give answers. We're both in medical field and pareho kami kailangan dumaan ng AHPRA registration. But I cannot give her inputs kasi di rin naman ako nurse.

I should introduce her to this forum!
    anu ang work mo Nadine? :D

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• 021607021607 Sydney
    Just an update: I called the university today to check about my husband’s fees for his 1-year program. And much to my surprise, he won’t have to pay tuition ($30K) but student contribution ($5.8K) only. As a PR, he is a Commonwealth Supported Student, meaning the government subsidises all of his tuition fees. Had he been citizen, he would have been able to loan the $5.8K. But as the case is now, we cannot be more grateful. Thank God!
    @021607 - great news.. yes, international student fees are way too high compared to PR/AU citizens.. one of the many benefits...

• 021607021607 Sydney
    @lock_code2004 - Agree. Just very happy because we were bracing ourselves for FEE-HELP (study-now-pay-later) or bank loan to cover the supposedly $30K. Buti nalang free pala.
  • dai_yaridai_yari Melbourne
    hello to everyoone im a newbie... ask ko lang po ung mga nagbridging course na dito. how long po kau nagstay sa OZ for the whole process po. and sapat na po ba yung time para makakuha agad ng employer? thanks po...
    @dai_yari my sister's batchmate just finished their bridging in melbourne... Took them 2-3 months to find a job. Some did have to extend their visa but i am not sure how to go about that. Most of them only had 2-3 yrs. experience and not one of them got a job in melbourne puro ibang state.
  • iammaxwell1989iammaxwell1989 Melbourne
    @li_i_ren Hi. Pwedeng malamang kung anong school sila nagBP at kung saan state sila nakahanap? Thanks. :)

10&13 Oct 2012 - IELTS
    26 Oct 2012 - IELTS Results
    17 Feb 2013 - Lodged Visa 476
    07 June 2013 - CO Allocated
    22 Aug 2013 - Visa Grant for me and my girlfriend
    07 April 2014 - Touchdown Melbourne!
    14 March 2015 - IELTS in Melbourne
    16 June 2015 - Submitted EA Skills Assessment (Electrical Engineer)
    23 June 2015 - PTE-A in Melbourne
    2 July 2015 - Received positive EA skills assessment
    6 July 2015 - Submitted EOI for visa 189 (65 points)
    3 Aug 2015 - ITA
    4 Aug 2015 - Lodged app for visa 189. Bridging visa released
    19 Nov 2015 - Visa 189 granted for me and my GF
    7 April 2018 - Lodged Citizenship
    21 Jan 2019 - Immi response
    29 March 2019 - Citizenship exam passed