Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

New PR sponsoring spouse & child (Subclass 820/801)

Hello everyone! Need advise on how soon I can sponsor my wife & child to migrate in AU. I was granted PR almost 4 years ago but will only be moving to AU middle of this year (already made my initial entry). Tanong ko lang how soon I can sponsor my family for a visa. Do I have to meet residence or employment requirements before I can sponsor them? Thank you!

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    jrbaldo28 said:

Hello everyone! Need advise on how soon I can sponsor my wife & child to migrate in AU. I was granted PR almost 4 years ago but will only be moving to AU middle of this year (already made my initial entry). Tanong ko lang how soon I can sponsor my family for a visa. Do I have to meet residence or employment requirements before I can sponsor them? Thank you!

Spouse visa 820/801 is an onshore visa meaning the applicant should be in Australia when lodging the application. I dont think there is residency or employment requirements as long as you are in Au. Why not bring your wife and child as tourist when you move here and apply a spouse visa before the tourist visa expires. In that case, you will be with your family while waiting for the visa to be approved because the waiting time is within 20-24 mos.
  • jrbaldo28jrbaldo28 QLD
    Hi fgs, thanks for the quick reply. Right, correct visa for offshore application should be 309/100? My wife and I agreed that I should settle first in Au so I can prepare for when they migrate. I still need to look for work when I get there and we can't afford for both of us to be out of work for some time. But would surely love to bring them to Au the soonest...So waiting time almost 2 years, that's quite a long time (thought it's just about a year or less). Will consider your suggestion of bringing them as tourist and lodge application while they're in Au...Thank you so much for the helpful info. :)
  • jrbaldo28jrbaldo28 QLD
    @fgs I was reading others posts in this forum and it seems a better option is your suggestion to apply them on tourist visa then apply for partner visa onshore. so if their visa expires, they would be on a bridging visa and my wife will have full working rights while waiting for the decision... question, how long is usually the validity of the tourist visa? my aunt-in-law was granted a visitor (tourist) visa for 1 year but stay period indicates "3 months from date of each arrival". if my wife applies for the same visa type, can she still apply for partner visa onshore? can she stay with me for a year just not more than 3 months at a time? also, will bridging visa still apply? thanks again.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    the usual tourist visa given to first applicants is single entry with 3mos max stay. i guess if she is given a 1 year multiple entry visa and applies for spouse visa onshore, she can leave australia every after 3 mos and can still come back because the bridging vjsa is not in effect until the tourist visa expires..you can just ask the mmigration once you lodged your application..ganyan ginawa ng asawa ng pamangkin ko. single entry lang tourist visa na binigay, now waiting for approval ng spouse visa..mag 1 year wait na..pero i think better option kasi kasama mo agad family mo while waiting rather tjan nasa pinas sila..applucation fee is around 6800$
  • joyeejoyee Davao City
    Hello po. I hope may makahelp po. May limit po ba kung ilang weeks pwede mag-upload ng attached documents sa partner visa? Hanggang ngayon po kasi may pinapahabol pa kami na documents.

221111 Accountant (General)

08 OCT 2016 - IELTS-A Exam (L9/R9/W7/S7)
    10 DEC 2016 - Submitted CPAA assessment documents
    06 JAN 2017 - Received positive results from CPAA with 6 years work experience
    30 JAN 2017 - PTE A (L90/W90/R80/S72)
    09 FEB 2017 - PTE A (L90/W90/R79/S87) - Yey!
    11 FEB 2017 - EOI 189(75) & 190(80)
    14 FEB 2017 - ITA RECEIVED 189
    02 MAR 2017 - Medicals at Nationwide Davao
    15 MAR 2017 - Medicals cleared
    23 MAR 2017 - VISA Lodged
    01 APR 2017 - Direct Grant! Thank you Lord!
    07 JUL 2017 - BM Darwin NT!

"I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me."
    Philippians 4:13

• orangenarwhalorangenarwhal Mandaluyong
    Hello! meron ba dito PR yung sponsor sa partner visa? Ask ko lang if meron yung around 6 months palang sa Australia as PR then nag sponsor agad ng partner. baka merong may similar case. pashare naman ng experience :D hehe
  • orangenarwhalorangenarwhal Mandaluyong
    @jrbaldo28 ano na pala nangyari sa partner visa ng wife mo? Nag lodge ba kayo? :D
  • chualarachualara Maguindanao
    Hi everyone, Currently I am holding a temporary partner visa (bridging visa). Andito ako ngayon sa Australia habang inaantay ang grant ng temporary partner visa ko as de facto. Plan ko dalhin yung mga anak ko na nasa pinas ages 15, 20 at 24 years old. Pano ang process para madala ko sila dito?
    Salamat po sa sasagot. God bless.