Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• caienricaienri Sydney
    @reed_1282 hindi xa practical. If ako sau, galingan mo na lang sa academic pra isang exam lang. wla rin nmn assurance na mas mataas score mo sa general than academic. Sayang pera! Madami pang gagastusin. Hehe
  • reed_1282reed_1282 Singapore
    @caienri, may point kayo talaga, ang mahal pa naman IELTS... :( pero nakakuha na po ng IELTS, sakto lang po sa AITSL requirements, pero since may 7.0 (W), hindi po mauutilise full points. Thanks po for the comment. God bless on your visa!
  • jayCeejayCee Singapore
    edited February 2018
    @caienri

Mam, thank very much napaka-informative ng binigay nyo pong insight.

I think we need to talk about it and plan it carefully before magpa-assess.

1) Last na po tanong Mam, so paano po ba yon, bali mahahati ba yung pagpapa-assess namin sa AITSL kung sakali, in terms sa educational background and employemnt ng wife ko?

2) Kung magpapa-assess po ba kami kailangan ba namin piliin ang ECE or Secondary teacher sa AITSL?

Salamat po ulit.
  • caienricaienri Sydney
    @jayCee hi po.
    Hindi ko na po sure yung sagot sa tanong nyo since magkaiba kami ng case ng wife mo.
    I suggest ask kau sa agent. Free nmn initial assessment nila. Just to be sure po.
  • jayCeejayCee Singapore
    @caienri

Thanks po. Mayrun po ba kayong maisa-suggest na agent for initial assessment? Thanks po ulit.
  • caienricaienri Sydney
    @jayCee this is my initial assessment from my agent, ms angelica (aka ms gigi):

An initial teacher education qualification relevant to the early childhood (pre-primary school) teacher occupation of at least one year full-time study (or part time equivalent) at the higher education (university) level. The qualification must include a minimum of 45 days of supervised teaching practice with students across the ages Birth to 8 years in education programs prior to and in the early years of primary school.

Please advise if your Bachelor of Elementary Education meets the above criterion (highlighted in yellow) as this qualification is considered your ‘initial teacher education qualification’. I think it is fine if there is little or no early childhood content (because you have a postgraduate qualification in Early Childhood Care and Education) but you would also need to meet the second part of the criterion which is the minimum 45 days supervised teaching practice.

You may contact her at

[email protected]
  • jayCeejayCee Singapore
    @caienri

Hi po ulit Mam, thanks for sa info. Malaking tulong po ang mga ito. God bless po sa application nyo rin po sa Aussie.

Sa tingin ko, baka itry nami magpa-assess using her qualification sa Pinas as Secondary School Teacher. From there we will see. Salamat po ulit.
  • SimplykrishSimplykrish Victoria
    Hi @mikelbee ! I hope my reply will still make sense to u. I've worked in California in a school district so i kinda have an idea of the tax thing there.

If i were you, i will first figure out if i will be eligible for a visa 189 (permanent resident). If you are eligible, than i would go for it if i were you.

How long have you been working in the US? I left back in 2010. I have friends who have been there since 2006 and are still working on getting a green card. More than 10 freakin years already, heaps of state and federal taxes paid and yet pinagdadamot pa dn ang citizenship!?!? What the!

Anyways, i got here under visa 189 and right off the bat, my family and i have been eligible for medicare.

We are getting family tax benefit too (fortnightly allowance to help with the kids's expenses and me kasama n dn housing assistance).

I have never experienced that in the US. Patay katawan pa. Full time work.

But here, most of my colleagues in the school where i work in are part timers. Why? Because they value family time and mental health more. They know what to prioritise. And career is not on top of their list.

Super chill sila dto. U'll be surprised as to the number of people who walk barefoot not because they can't afford to buy shoes but it's because they just dont sweat the small stuff.

Anyways, had i known sooner about australia's awesome opportunities, i should have migrated here sooner.

So yes, i would advise u to come here. U pay taxes yes, but they are generous in granting permanent residency to qualified professionals. Ur taxes reach u. Awesome playgrounds. Public toilets. Beautiful wildlife etc etc.

And in a few year's time, citizenship is within reach.
  • waderwanderwaderwander Taguig City
  • tinetine Manila
    Hello po! May free initial assessment po ba na agent dito sa Philippines na nagaayos ng paper for AU? Thanks!
  • cinemomcinemom Iloilo
    Hello! My husband I together with our two young children (ages 2.10 yo and 4 mos) have recently had our Visa 189 approved. We will be moving to Brisbane next year. Before we move, I would like to register as a High School teacher. I looked over the QCT requirements and mind you, they can be quite daunting and intimidating especially the portfolio. Do you have any tips on how to go about the portfolio so I'll have a good chance of getting approved? Thank you!
  • luckygirlluckygirl Philippines
    @Simplykrish hi! good to know n nasa Australia n po kayo! Congratulations!!.. pwede po ba magtanong at manghingi ng advice? thanks.

Im 27 y/0 single and I applied Secondary school teacher PR Visa 189. wala po kasi akong nakikitang thread regarding Secondary School teacher. ang question ko po kung may Home Economics po ba jan na subject sa Australia? mahirap po ba makapasok or magrant ng PR visa kapag ang total points po ay 60?

could you give me advice sa pagkuha ng IELTS I Heard ang hirap daw po pumasa dun.

lastly, hindi po ba mahirap kumuha ng work jan as secondary school teacher? thanks a lot
    edited June 2018
    @tine naghahanap ako walng free ung 1 on 1 assessment may bayad n agad. ung pre e-skills assessment nila yun ang walng bayad. you just need to submit your resume with them.

Respall migration Agency yung akin eh
  • tinetine Manila
    @luckygirl Thank you sa reply. =)
  • tinetine Manila
    @luckygirl BTW kamusta na pagaaply mo? Secondary din ako kaya lang BA MAsscom ko then just took the certificate teaching program to be able to teach. I think slim ang chance ko.
  • filsgozfilsgoz Melbourne
    Hi @luckygirl You applied for 189 visa as a teacher yet you haven't taken your IELTS? Have you had your teaching qualification assessed yet?

Hi @tine Have you got solid experience in teaching? Was it secondary or primary school teaching?

There are three steps that I think the two of you are looking at if you ever want to move to Australia.

1. Have your qualification assessed (without positive assessment, you can't come in as a teacher). They'll look at your degree, appropriate supervised teaching experience, English level (IELTS at least 7.0 Reading and Writing and at least 8.0 Speaking and Listening).

2. If you've got positive assessment, apply for PR, subclass 189. It's fairly straightforward too if you've got enough experience (at least 3 years), competent english (which you've already presumably got if you get a positive assessment) and the $ to pay for the fees (it's since been increased, i've heard it's about $3k now to apply - this am not sure).

3. And when you're here as PR, sort your teacher registration. Having a positive assessment does not automatically mean you can register. Each state has different requirements to register as a secondary school teacher.

To apply for a teaching job is another thing. And to be in the job is a totally different story. You may be interested to know that as recently as last year, they've increased the standards to teacher training because Australia's international performance in Maths and Science decreased in recent years.

All the best!

Gday!

• tinetine Manila
    edited June 2018
    @filsgoz Thank you po sa reply ninyo. I was just wondering if I have a chance to get a positive assessment since I finished a 4 year course in Mass communication, then 1 year Certificate in Teaching. I have been teaching in a secondary public school here in the Phil for almost 3 years, but I have other teaching experiences as well. Thanks in advance.
  • filsgozfilsgoz Melbourne
    @tine "chance to get a positive assessment" - What I think you should think about is whether you're teaching to the level of your training and area of specialization. So if you're certificate of teaching is in secondary school (example junior school) and your undergrad is mass comm (which i'm not sure which teaching area you'll fit in), your experiences should be teaching junior school on subjects that you're qualified to teach. I understand that because of teacher shortage in the Phils, some teachers teach subjects that are not their area of training (psych grad teaching english or values ed). Australia is particular like that. Having said that, there are many filo teachers who migrated to Australia and ended up working in a different field. All the best.

Gday!

• tinetine Manila
    @filsgoz I really appreciate your response. Thank you po!
    @filsgoz yeah I'm done with the assessment, nasa minimum nman yung points ko but I need to take IELTS. so I'm preparing for the exam this year. Super hirap pala ng band score na iachieve sa IELTS. I hope makapasa ako. Thank you!
    @tine nagprepare n ko for IELTS nkapag assessed ako sa teaching assessment based sa points ko minimum points ang nakuha ko. I hope mkapasa sa IELTS.
  • cinemomcinemom Iloilo
    @filsgoz: Hello po. I would like to ask for some tips on how to apply for the teacher registration. My family recently had our Visa 189 approved and we are moving to Brisbane next year. I have a 2-year experience in teaching primary level and 9 years in secondary and tertiary levels. I would like to know if you had gone through the portfolio preparation when you applied for registration. I'm a bit confused with this requirement as I also read that it's only needed when you apply for full registration, which I am not yet qualified to apply. I'll appreciate your response. Thank you!
  • CherrylouCherrylou Cebu City
    @sunflower Sorry, i lost tracked of this thread after I did not meet one band of the IELTS. by the way, I have read from this thread that I could just forego teachers registration by studying certificate III or diploma in ECE, my question is how long are these courses? thanks in advance.
  • CherrylouCherrylou Cebu City
    @Sai
    hi mam,
    I had the hardest time passing the required score in IELTS for speaking. Do I really need to get 8 just so I can have my assessment?
  • sunflowersunflower Brisbane
    Cherrylou said:

@sunflower Sorry, i lost tracked of this thread after I did not meet one band of the IELTS. by the way, I have read from this thread that I could just forego teachers registration by studying certificate III or diploma in ECE, my question is how long are these courses? thanks in advance.

The diploma course is usually self-paced and can take up to 1.5 years. And the Cert III course would probably take a shorter amount of time.

EARLY CHILDHOOD (PRE-PRIMARY SCHOOL) TEACHER (ANZSCO 241111)

11/Apr/15: IELTS-IDP AU (L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7.5, S: 8.0)
    14/May/15: Lodged AITSL Application
    14/Jul/15: Positive Assessment from AITSL
    24/Jul/15: Submitted EOI (60 pts.)
    6/Sep/15: Received ITA
    19/Sep/15: Lodged Visa 189
    16/Oct/15: Lodged documents for Teacher Registration
    27/Oct/15: CO Allocated (Team Adelaide)
    10/Dec/15: Visa Grant :)
    12/Feb/16: Became a Registered Teacher in QLD
    5/Jun/16: Big Move to Oz!
    11/Jun/16: Hired as a Kindergarten Teacher

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do." -Helen Keller

• sarahj05sarahj05 Philippines
    Hi everyone. I'm planning to apply as an ECE teacher in australia. May questions lang po ako.
    1. Bachelor in Elementary Education po ang degree ko. Will i get a positive assessment sa AITSL if magpapaasses ako for ECE?
    2. If ever hindi po, kung kukuha po ba ako ng diploma in Early Childhood, makakatulong po ba iyon sa assessment? Kasi po meron po akong nakitang univ dito sa PH na nagooffer. Gusto ko lang po makasigurado kung mas maapprove po ako if kunin ko po siya. Baka po kasi masayang lang.
    Thank you po in advance. @sunflower @caienri
    Nagbackread ako and nabasa ko po yung experience niyo miss @Sai

I need your help po. BEED major po ako. And gusto ko po sana magparegister sa Queensland or SW as ECE teacher. Kasi Skilled Nominated Visa (190) po yung balak ko iaapply. Ang balak ko po is to take a diploma course in early childhood education dito po sa PH (kasi po di ko kaya yung certificate III sa TAFE napakamahal po
    Nagbackread ako and nabasa ko po yung experience niyo miss @Sai

I need your help po. BEED major po ako. And gusto ko po sana magparegister sa Queensland or SW as ECE teacher. Kasi Skilled Nominated Visa (190) po yung balak ko iaapply. Ang balak ko po is to take a diploma course in early childhood education dito po sa PH (kasi po di ko kaya yung certificate III sa TAFE napakamahal po) Also magpapalipat po ako sa kinder kasi po as of now Gr 5 po yung tinuturuan ko.
    Gusto ko lang po malaman if tama po ba yung gagawin ko? Icoconsider po ba nila for registration yung course ko and yung diploma ko in ECE? Or hindi po enough yun?
    Also po. Sabay po sana kami magaapply nung parter ko po. Filipino din po siya. Di pabpo kaki married but we are living together. Pwede po ba kami magapply ng sabay and be considered as a de facto partners? Yun lang po. Your help will mean the world to me. Gulong gulo na po kasi ako.
  • cuccicucci NSW
    @sarahj05 Wala akong masagot sa unang tanong mo pero sa relationship status, as long as your relationship falls within the definition:

De facto partner
    A person is the de facto partner of another person if:

they have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others
    the relationship between them is genuine and continuing
    they live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis
    they are not related by family.

there should be no problem.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

@cucci thank you so much po sa help!