Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

sponsor

maribel64maribel64 PhilippinesPosts: 8Member
Can my son, a permanent resident and have been working in AUstralia for more than 2 years now sponsor me, his mother for aged parent, and his sister for Sub class visa 489 at the same time?

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    maribel64 said:

Can my son, a permanent resident and have been working in AUstralia for more than 2 years now sponsor me, his mother for aged parent, and his sister for Sub class visa 489 at the same time?

How old are you, you should be old enough eligible for australian pension to be sponsored under aged parent category( i think 65 and above) and the current wait is 30 years. Your daughter can be sponsored under 489 provided she met the points test required for skilled migration and have a positive skills assesment for an occupation listed in the skills shortage list. Relative sponsored 489 visa has limited slots, better apply for a state sponsored 489 visa.
  • maribel64maribel64 Philippines
    i will be 67 years old by september this year 2019. if I my son sponsor me for aged parent visa under sub-class 804, can I apply for a bridging visa and also work while waiting for approval of my application?
  • maribel64maribel64 Philippines
    I want to be sure that I am eligible as aged parent visa. What does Australia pension age means? Being 67 years old by september this year means I pass the Australia Pension age?? I get meager pension in the philippines. Please help me with information because I am about to apply soon because I am not getting younger...thanks
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    maribel64 said:

I want to be sure that I am eligible as aged parent visa. What does Australia pension age means? Being 67 years old by september this year means I pass the Australia Pension age?? I get meager pension in the philippines. Please help me with information because I am about to apply soon because I am not getting younger...thanks

All info needed are in www.homeaffairs.gov.au. You need to meet various requirements to be eligible. Your sponsor must be approved first by the department before he can sponsor you. You must meet health and character requirements,have assurance of support, meet the family balance test etc.

Meet family balance test....at least half of your eligible children are living Australia than any other single country.

You must be in Australia when you apply. A bridging visa is automatically issued upon application. You can work and claim benefits while on bridging visa. The wait is very long so probably youll be in bridging visa all your life.
  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@maribel64

for your daughter, mataas ang point requirement for visa 489, 80pts minimum, might as well apply for visa 189 n lng sya..

then have you as dependent and include you sa application, PR kayo agad. assuming na single p si daughter.

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    @Captain_A @maribel64 Hindi na po pwede isama ang parents as dependent sa visa these days. Ang pwede na lang ay spouse, de facto partner and kids. Naisip ko rin kasi yan last year nung nag-aapply ako sa visa ko.

For your daughter, tama po na iconsider na lang nya ibang skilled immigrant visa options kasi bukod sa ang taas ng points required for 489 family-sponsored visa, sobrang konti lang ng slots.
  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA
    @maguero thanks for letting us know..

hndi na pla pwede ang parents sa skilled migration visa application.

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

• LovellaEllenLovellaEllen QLD, Australia
    If lets say Citizen na, may options ba tayo to bring our parents in AU?

ANZSCO Code: 254423 | Age : 25 , Education: 15, Experience: 15, OET: 10| 65 Points
    July 2017 - Passed OET
    Oct 2018 - Completed Bridging Program at ACN
    Nov-Dec 2018 - Completed AHPRA Registration, ANMAC Assessment and Job Offer
    Jan 2019 - Submitted EOI for VISA190 (QLD, offshore) and Applied for TSS (482) VISA
    Feb 2019 - TSS VISA Approved and received ITA for 190 (QLD)
    March 2019 - Lodged 190 (QLD) VISA application offshore
    April 2019 - Started work in QLD via TSS (482) VISA
    Oct 2019 - 190 (QLD) granted - Thank you Lord and everyone in the forum!

@LovellaEllen There are several types of parent visas. Nasa DHA website yung details. Gaya ng skilled immigrant visa, may requirements din for parent visa. One of the requirements na kailangan paghandaan dahil hindi ito mabilis magawa is the balance of family test na nabanggit ni @fgs
    @LovellaEllen Pero kung tourist visa lang naman madali lang.
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    @LovellaEllen That’s already possible even PR pa lang. check the immigration website for options.