Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Skills Assessment

RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
I've just been to the Migration Agents Roundtable in London hosted by VETASSESS to update and discuss about new and current procedures as well as to talk about how migration agents and VETASSESS can work together to be of more assistance to the applicants. I thought I'd share something that might be of relevance especially to those applying under trade skills assessment with VETASSESS. One of the heads overseeing assessments for trade occupations emphasised on the fact that a statutory declaration isn't really necessary. It can just be on an ordinary paper with all the contact details of the person writing the reference. Filipinos were actually an example he used since they've got a lot of applicants from Philippines - saying to save them time and further costs. Stat dec or not doesn't really make a difference for them so no point wasting time and money given that people from India and Philippines spend a lot of money already. Note that this only applies for trade skills assessment with VETASSESS.

Also, it was mentioned that evidence of the health insurance paid by the employer is another way of proving employment in case the applicant finds it hard to provide tax documents. This issue, he mentioned, is especially common from applicants who worked in the Middle East, according to him, it takes months to get copies of tax documents that's why they recently started accepting the health insurance evidence. Again, this only relates to trade skills assessment with VETASSESS.

Hope this info would be helpful....

Comments

• bettyboopbettyboop Victoria, Australia
    @RheaMARN1171933 hi pwede po mag ask your opinion about our case. My husband was offered a 457 sponsorship..our agent advise na onshore e apply for faster processing since pwede naman daw mag bridging visa from tourist visa (wla po no further stay restriction).
    Any idea po sa timeline ng 458 process and if this is doable cuz we have to resign from our work for this appreciate ur ur input. Btw chef po occupation
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    @bettyboop it all depends if the visa granted to him has no further stay restriction. Be mindful that if you guys are doing this pathway in the view of eventually migrating to Australia, this isn't a guaranteed approach. This is a current issue now due to recent changes and marami who are on employer sponsorship are stuck right now dahil wala sila option but to leave Australia when their visas expire. This type of visa can no longer lead to a permanent visa anymore. If I were you, it's safer to get there on a GSM visa while nasa occupation list pa yung chef. Also, though perhaps the advice you were given might work in terms of transitioning to bridging visa then 485, be aware that no one, not even an agent can guarantee the timeline of visa processing and if sakali tumagal yung process, your husband will not have work rights while on bridging visa. The question is, who will finance his cost of living whilst waiting? I hope this was explained by your agent.

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of utilising 457 visa as an option pathway to migration because it usually isn't the best one for aspiring migrants. Same as student visa, though I'm a living example that it could work, it's also not a guaranteed pathway.
    @RheaMARN1171933 thanks alot for your feedback. I wanted to ask another agent's opinion or pov. Cuz our agent said chef profession is in demand in aus hence it is not affected.
    We have sent eoi for VIC for 55pts but response yet as of to date.
    Since our agent was able to finda job placement.. hence they have suggested this option..
    They said bridging visa can have work rights..
    At sabi.. once kay invite na sa vic we can subsequently lodge for pr application..
    @bettyboop from a client's perspective, I would need this in writing from your agent if I were you. It all depends on the bridging visa type granted. Also, in case may work rights yung bridging visa, bridging visa will only be activated once the current visa (tourist visa) expires. So in between waiting, definitely at some point he has to finance his living expenses. If the agent will be happy to provide this then it will give you confidence pero if they refuse, it just goes to show they can't guarantee such because I myself can't.
    @bettyboop out of interest, why would you prefer this over gsm visa?
    Actually..sa amin lahat ng expenses..including stay when we get there..
    They have lodge EOI for vic sa via 190.. its been more than 12 weeks i guess pero wala pa rin balita.
    As per discussion w them. Kung ano mauna. Like 457 or 190.. wouldnt matter daw. Kay pwede naman e lodge ang 190 once an invite while naka 457?tama po ba?

May job offer na po talaga hubby ko. At yun nga advise nila is onshore e process kase mas mabilis daw..
    @bettyboop mukha namang nagaguide kayo ng agent. Just put your trust on your agent.
    @RheaMARN1171933 dapat cguro ganun nl g gawin namin.. malaki din kasi ang gastos if ever.. hopefully all will be well thanks a lot a advise.. i really appreciate it
    @bettyboop like I mentioned, I'm not a fan of 457 visa/temporary work visa. I would definitely advice my client to just apply for GSM kahit may employer willing to sponsor na. Maraming uncertainties ang 457 and further changes are coming in March. It may be a quicker way to get there but not the surest and mas magastos in the end. Pag GSM, it may be a longer wait pero once you get it, you don't need to worry anymore. Good luck
  • jam14jam14 Singapore
    @RheaMARN1171933 hello po, may i ask for your adivice kung how should i start my application. Im planning to have my assessment kay VET for Facilities Manager. Currently 5 yrs and 4 months nako being FM line but sa pinas EE construction line naman for about 2yrs and a half. Ngaun po nakita ko sa anzcosearch na un visa for FM are 457, 186&187. Hindi na po ba pwede un visa 190 sa FM? And for the yrs experience po will they deduct 1 yr from my current exp? Kasi base sa mga nababasa ko ganon ata un ginagawa. Thank you in advance!
    @jam14 the occupation is under STSOL which means you can apply for 190 visa. You just need to lodge all documents and VETASSESS will decide from there.
    @jam14 also, the requirement is you have to have at least one year post qualification experience in the last 5 years. Good luck!
  • marise32marise32 Mandaluyong
    Hi po. May question lang po sana ako regarding sa case ko. Currently po kasi 50 points pa lang ako. Kasama na iyong 10 points for regional sponsored visa and tanging chance ko na lang makapasa and makatungtong ng 60 ay through sa pte (target ko maka 10 points / 20 points). Ang question ko lang po is about sa working experience. Required po ba na maka atleast 2yrs working experience ako? Bale ACS ang assessing authority and software engineer ang aapplyan ko but ang role ko talaga is database admin. Nagcheck din ako regarding sa school na nabasa ko rin dito, nasa section 1 naman iyong university ko. By june kasi mag 2yrs na ako sa work and balak ko sana na pagka2yrs eh mag exam na and if pinalad makuha ang score, mag apply na sana. Thank you po in advance!

261313 Software Engineer
    [Age: 30 I Skills Qualification: 15 | English Prof.: 20 l Work Exp.: 5 l Partner Skills: 10 | State Nomination: 5 | Total: 85]
    ~~
    01.18.2019.🔹️Started my AUS Journey. Gathering of documents.
    02.28.2019.🔹️ACS Skills Assessment Application
    03.17.2019.🔹️MOCK TEST 1 [L70 /R49 /S36 /W73]
    03.23.2019.🔹️ACS Positive Result
    04.22.2019.🔹️MOCK TEST 2 [L86 /R73 /S90 /W78]
    05.06.2019.🔹️PTE EXAM 1 [L79 /R80 /S90 /W80] -
    05.17.2019.🔹️EOI lodged
    07.08.2020. -- Australia temporarily suspends skilled migration program --
    -- PANDEMIC . ACS and PTE results about to expire --
    04.12.2021.🔸️ACS Skills Re-Assessment Application
    05.11.2021.🔸️ACS Positive Result
    06.10.2021.🔸️EOI relodged
    04.20.2022.🔸️MOCK TEST 1 [L66 /R60 /S81 /W73]
    05.17.2022.🔸️MOCK TEST 2 [L79 /R71 /S64 /W88]
    05.30.2022.🔸️PTE EXAM 2 [L86 /R81 /S90 /W89]
    08.11.2022. -- VIC is now open for offshore applicants --
    08.17.2022.🔸️EOI relodged
    11.22.2022.🔸️Received pre-invite for Visa 190 (VIC)
    12.21.2022.🔸️Received VIC state nomination approval
    12.22.2022.🔸️ITA
    02.14.2023.🔸️VISA 190 lodged
    02.27.2023.🔸️Done w/ Medical Exam - St. Lukes Ermita
    03.03.2023.🔸️Medical Health Clearance provided
    10.10.2023.🔸️Received Immi Commencement Email
    XX.XX.XXXX.🔸️Waiting for Grant 🙏
    ~~
    ~ "He makes all things beautiful in His time ~ Ecclesiastes 3:11" ~

• mards_punomards_puno Posts: 5Member

@RheaMARN1171933

Ms. Mara:

Good day!

As I explore here in the forum, I learned that you’re a registered migration agent. Where can we go to let our qualifications be assessed by you. I can’t find the link yet.

Thank you.

• JkookieJkookie Posts: 32Member

Hi @RheaMARN1171933 - do you help process Aus visa 190 or 189?
    How can we get in touch po?

Thank you. :)

@Jkookie said:
    Hi @RheaMARN1171933 - do you help process Aus visa 190 or 189?
    How can we get in touch po?

Thank you. :)

We assist from start to finish. Please complete our free eligibility test on our website www.visaconsort.com )click yellow bar).

Jkookie
  • CjboiiiCjboiii Posts: 3Member

Hi we have plans on migrating to Australia. I am an Architect by profession. Is there any way that we pass AACA assessment off shore from the Philippines? Or we need to entry as a draftsperson and accumulate knowledge and experience before we can apply for the assessment of AACA?

Thank you. A response will be a big help.

Stay safe everyone.

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited August 2021

@Cjboiii said:
    Hi we have plans on migrating to Australia. I am an Architect by profession. Is there any way that we pass AACA assessment off shore from the Philippines? Or we need to entry as a draftsperson and accumulate knowledge and experience before we can apply for the assessment of AACA?

Stay safe everyone.

A 5-year BS Arch from the PH is not considered as equivalent to the Australian MArch, which is why most people go through the draftsperson route. I believe that has more to do with the weighting of the design studio subjects. AACA only considers the education, not work experience in the skills assessment. While you can include professional work in the Stage 2 OQA portfolio, you will still be asked questions about your education during the interview for Stage 2. If you are offshore, you will only be eligible to do Stage 1 OQA because Stage 2 requires you to be onshore to attend an in-person interview.

If you get PR visa through the draftsperson route, you don't need to do AACA assessment unless you're looking to get registered in Australia (which is optional).

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• CjboiiiCjboiii Posts: 3Member

@athelene said:

@Cjboiii said:

Stay safe everyone.

A 5-year BS Arch from the PH is not considered as equivalent to the Australian MArch, which is why most people go through the draftsperson route. I believe that has more to do with the weighting of the design studio subjects. AACA only considers the education, not work experience in the skills assessment. While you can include professional work in the Stage 2 OQA portfolio, you will still be asked questions about your education during the interview for Stage 2. If you are offshore, you will only be eligible to do Stage 1 OQA because Stage 2 requires you to be onshore to attend an in-person interview.

If you get PR visa through the draftsperson route, you don't need to do AACA assessment unless you're looking to get registered in Australia (which is optional).

Thank you for your insight. As I have been researching on AACA's process, I think you are right. If I may ask, are you currently in AUS? Do you work as a drafter?

Thank you!

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited August 2021

@Cjboiii said:
    Thank you for your insight. As I have been researching on AACA's process, I think you are right. If I may ask, are you currently in AUS? Do you work as a drafter?

Thank you!

I am currently in Brisbane on a student visa. I don't work as a drafter, but I'm planning to learn Revit as I've heard that's becoming an essential skill in order to find work as a draftsperson.

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam