Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Internal Auditors

Comments

• sethcabrera786sethcabrera786 Philippines
    Good day po!

I was an internal auditor for 1.5 yrs. After my short stint sa IA, I am now working as State Auditor po sa Commission on Audit dito sa Pinas for 3yrs already.

I would like to apply po sana as IA, being the nominated skill. However, I am wary na baka hindi maconsider yung experience ko as State Auditor na relevant sa IA, kasi state auditing is external in nature.

Here's my plan po kasi sana: Magapply as IA once I reach 5 yrs exp, at magobtain ng CIA Certification (which brings me to another question na if the CIA Certification will gain additional points for me in my PR application); kasi otherwise, if hindi din naman makaka-add yung CIA certification, might as well EXTERNAL AUDITOR nalang yung a-aplayan ko.

I hope anyone can enlighten me on the matters I have raised po.

Many Thanks and Godbless!
  • vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    edited May 2018

Good day po!

I was an internal auditor for 1.5 yrs. After my short stint sa IA, I am now working as State Auditor po sa Commission on Audit dito sa Pinas for 3yrs already.

I would like to apply po sana as IA, being the nominated skill. However, I am wary na baka hindi maconsider yung experience ko as State Auditor na relevant sa IA, kasi state auditing is external in nature.

Here's my plan po kasi sana: Magapply as IA once I reach 5 yrs exp, at magobtain ng CIA Certification (which brings me to another question na if the CIA Certification will gain additional points for me in my PR application); kasi otherwise, if hindi din naman makaka-add yung CIA certification, might as well EXTERNAL AUDITOR nalang yung a-aplayan ko.

I don't think CIA certification can add any points, but probably helps to some degree in persuading the CO to approve your application (I'm also CIA, CISA, and CFE). I also applied via IA route, and included my external audit experience as well (got PTA sa vetassess para mas confident ako), and everything was considered. External audit is related to IA, during my time (2013). Ang main concern mo ngaun ung additional points for approval sa IA (parang 75 points na ata, double check) and medyo mahigpit ngayun compared dati (60 points 4 yrs ago is na iinvite pa rin). But hopefully maging maluwag ulit in the future. Basta continue ka lang sa plans mo. If worst come to worst, you can consider Canada or NZ as well.

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited May 2018
    @sethcabrera786 all you need is for your degree to be assessed as equivalent to an AQF degree and at least 3 years skilled work experience to claim points. CIA has no bearing with regards to points.
  • batmanbatman Darwin Australia
    @vhoythoy kumusta!

221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted the offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission.
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    09|02|19 - Big move
    11|02|19 - First job interview
    12|02|19 - Received a job offer
    13|02|19 - Accepted job offer
    13|08|19 - Accepted a new job offer - new employer
    16|10|20 - Started new job - a better opportunity
    01|01|21 - Started CPA Australia qualification
    10|02|21 - Lodged 887 visa application
    June 2021 - First CPA subject passed
    Nov 2021 - 2nd CPA Subject passed
    June 2022 - 3rd and 4th CPA subject passed
    Nov 2022 - 5th subject passed (failed the other one)
    Feb 2023 - PR visa granted
    June 2023 - Officially a CPA Australia member.
    July 2023 - Purchased a land where to build our home

@vhoythoy thank you po.more than the very valuable inputs, I appreciate ur encouragement..and yes I am looking at canada din po as another prospect. Parang ang stiff ng competition as IA sa aus. The max that I cud get is 70pts wd my 3yrs exp na audit related
    @RheaMARN1171933 thank you po
  • Butterfly8i8Butterfly8i8 PH
    edited May 2018
    Hi guys.. i just want to know if my nareject na dito sa IA vetassess due to lack of course syllabus coz natapon ko na. What I have however is the generic course descriptions for BS Accountancy courseI got from my school website. Would this be enough together with my college diploma and TOR?

Examples:
    ---------------------------------------
    The Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA) program principally aims to prepare you for a career in the field of accountancy and finance and for the Licensure Examination for the Certified Public Accountants (CPA).

Total Program Units: 257 units
    General Education: 74
    Major Courses: 166
    Standard Completion Time: 5 years
    Accreditation: Commission on Higher Education

Major Courses (subjects)
    Financial Accounting and Reporting
    This course introduces the nature, functions, scope, and limitations of the broad field of accounting theory. It deals with the study of the theoretical accounting framework objectives of financial statements, standard setting process for accounting practice, national as well as international accounting standards relating to the preparation and presentation of financial statements, the conditions under which they may be appropriately applied, their impact or effect on the financial statements; and the criticisms commonly leveled against them. The course covers the detailed discussion, appreciation, and application of accounting principles covering the assets, financial and nonfinancial.

Cost Accounting and Cost Management
    This course is designed to orient the students to the cost accounting and cost management framework of a business. Topics discussed are: overview of cost accounting; manufacturing cost accounting cycle; job order cost system; accounting, planning, and control for materials, labor, and factory overhead; and environmental cost management.

Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting 1
    This course is a continuation of Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting 1. It deals mainly with consolidation and mergers, parent-subsidiary relationships, and consolidated statements, including foreign subsidiaries. The other topics deal with accounting for the effects of changes in foreign exchange rates and other similar current issues. Also discussed are debt restructuring, accounting for financially distressed corporations, accounting for the winding up of an enterprise and accounting variations among countries.

Accounting for Governmental, Not-for-Profit Entities and Specialized Industries
    This course is designed to expose students both to the demand for and the supply of the profession’s flagship service – financial statement audits – and to the nature of the value added assurance services which decision-makers demand in the information age. It also cover assurance standards and attestation and auditing standards; public sector regulation of accounting practice and legal liability; the framework of financial statements auditing: risk-based approach as audit methodology; audit evaluation and planning, including the concept of risk and materiality; assessing internal controls, and tests of controls including internal controls in computer-based business systems; performance of an audit; evidence collection, analysis, and substantive tests; reporting: reports on assurance services, attestation services, and financial statement audits; and completing the audit including communications with board of directors and management concerning internal control weaknesses. Also discussed in detail are the basic professional values and the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants and SEC’s Code of Corporate Governance.

Assurance Principles, Professional Ethics and Good Governance
    This course is designed to expose students both to the demand for and the supply of the profession’s flagship service – financial statement audits – and to the nature of the value added assurance services which decision-makers demand in the information age. It also cover assurance standards and attestation and auditing standards; public sector regulation of accounting practice and legal liability; the framework of financial statements auditing: risk-based approach as audit methodology; audit evaluation and planning, including the concept of risk and materiality; assessing internal controls, and tests of controls including internal controls in computer-based business systems; performance of an audit; evidence collection, analysis, and substantive tests; reporting: reports on assurance services, attestation services, and financial statement audits; and completing the audit including communications with board of directors and management concerning internal control weaknesses. Also discussed in detail are the basic professional values and the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants and SEC’s Code of Corporate Governance.

Applied Auditing
    This course is a continuation of Assurance Principles, Professional Ethics and Good Governance, focusing on financial statements audit. It covers detailed approaches to problems and situations normally encountered in the independent examination of cash, receivables, inventories, investments, prepaid expenses, deferred charges, property, plant and equipment, intangibles, liabilities, owners’ equity, and revenue and expenses. It deals specifically with the application of auditing standards, techniques, and procedures; internal control evaluation; preparation of audit working papers; introduction of computer application in auditing; audit adjustments; and audit reports pertaining to a medium-sized manufacturing or trading concern. The determination of audit objectives and audit programs, evaluation of internal control, and determination of substantive procedures as applied to various accounts are better appreciated as the transaction cycle approach is employed in the course. Audit working papers and audited financial statements are the natural outputs of this course leading to the preparation of audit reports.

Management Consultancy
    This is an integrative course that covers basic considerations of management consultancy engagements by CPAs; areas of management consultancy, professional attributes of management standards, and ethical considerations. It also covers project feasibility aspects of project development cycle, economic aspect, technical aspect, financial aspect (investment cost, financing, and evaluation): information system (IS) engagement, management/operations audits, and business process improvement/re-engineering.

Business Law
    This course enhances the students’ knowledge of the laws relating to obligations and contracts, business associations, and negotiable instruments, particularly as it relate to accounting and auditing situations. The students should know and understand the pertinent legal provisions, general principles, concepts, and underlying philosophy of the law.

Taxation
    This course enhances the students of the conceptual knowledge and proficiency in the practical application of the basic principles of taxation as they relate to accounting practice. The emphasis is on the application of the theory and

Refer to: https://www.mc.edu.ph/accountancy

• dyanisabelledyanisabelle Sydney
    @Butterfly8i8 hi, I did not send a course syllabus for my Vetassess application. Just the TOR and diploma.

221214 Internal Auditor : 189 - 75pts / 190 - 80pts (Age:30/Educ:15/Exp:10/English:20/SS:5)

20/12/2016 - Submitted docs to Vetassess
    16/02/2017 - Positive assessment (4.1 yrs) - 5pts
    08/08/2017 - Live in anniversary
    04/09/2017 - PTE Take 1 : L81/R75/S45/W89
    25/09/2017 - PTE Take 2 : L83/R89/S58/W90
    04/10/2017 - PTE Take 3 : L90/R90/S90/W90 - 20pts Yay! ^_^
    06/10/2017 - Lodged EOI for 189 and 190 NSW
    20/10/2017 - ITA from NSW received (75 pts)
    21/10/2017 - Submitted application to NSW
    08/11/2017 - Updated skilled work experience - 10pts
    21/11/2017 - ITA from DIBP received 190 NSW
    07/12/2017 - Visa Lodged
    09/12/2017 - Medicals at Nationwide Manila
    14/12/2017 - Cleared medicals - de facto partner
    21/12/2017 - Cleared medicals - mine
    16/02/2018 - VISA GRANT :)

@dyanisabelle thank you so much for the response.
    @sethcabrera786 don’tlose hope yet :)

Based on my research, CIA will help in positive assessment in Vetasses coz it shows one’s comptency and knowledge of IA role. I believe this will also help solidify your years of experience coZ a two years relevant experience is required prior to granting of CIA designation.
    Another, did you guys pay for courier and hard copy of Vetassess results? Im planning to get the hardcopy but I want also to check the practicality and mahal kasi ng peso conversion. Hehe. Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the responses :)
    @Butterfly8i8 for what yung hardcopy? :) Di na ako kumuha kasi nun eh hehe

221214 Internal Auditor : 189 - 75pts / 190 - 80pts (Age:30/Educ:15/Exp:10/English:20/SS:5)

07/12/2017 - Visa Lodged

@dyanisabelle that’s what I wanted I actually wanted to know if there’s a need down the line.
  • misterVmisterV Sydney, NSW
    edited May 2018

Good day po!

@Butterfly8i8 Hi @vincechaos, baka matulungan mo bro. Parang same scenario kayo. :)

221214 Internal Auditor : 190 - 70 pts (Age:30/Educ:15/PTE:20/SS:5)

04 Nov 2016 - Submitted documents for skill assessment
    21 Dec 2016 - Received result of assessment : Positive
    30 Jan 2017 - PTE A Exam : L90/R90/S90/W90
    31 Jan 2017 - Lodge EOI : Subclass 190 (NSW) - 70pts
    09 Feb 2017 - Received ITA from NSW / Submitted required documents
    14 Mar 2017 - NSW nomination approved /ITA 190 Received
    20 Mar 2017 - Medicals at Nationwide Makati
    22 Mar 2017 - Lodged Application / Frontloaded all documents
    11 Apr 2017 - Direct Grant / IED - Feb 2018
    03 Jun 2017 - Big Move

• vincechaosvincechaos Sydney

Good day po!

I would suggest that you apply directly for External Auditor. Actually, I was also an Internal Auditor for 2 years and I am currently an auditor in a government agency for 6 years. Initially, I applied for Internal Auditor thinking that I will get a positive assessment for 8 years which includes my current experience. However, I got a negative assessment for my role as an auditor in the government agency as VETASSESS doesn't consider my 6 years as Internal Audit Experience. As a result, I shifted to External Auditor with only 6 years experience for 10 pts. At first, even CPAA gave me a negative assessment saying that my experience for the six years is related to Internal Auditor (Hahahaha!). Then, I filed for re-assessment, and eventually my 6 years experience was given a positive assessment. What I shared are only based on my experience, you may have a different experience on this matter. God bless on ur assessment :D

ANZSCO 221213 External Auditor
    [VISA 190-80 pts]
    (Age:30| PTE:20| Exp: 10| Educ:15| SS:5)

26 November 2016 - Engaged MARA accredited agent
    11 February 2017 - PTE Mock Test A: L-77 R-72 S-60 W-82
    12 February 2017 - PTE Mock Test B: L-79 R-69 S-66 W-81
    14 February 2017 - PTE-A Exam
    18 February 2017 - PTE-A Exam: L-90 R-83 S-90 W-80 (Superior)
    19 February 2017 - VETASESS Migration Assessment (Internal Auditor)
    11 April 2017 - Full skills assessment - negative outcome
    17 August 2017 - Re-assessment - outcome review (employment) - negative outcome
    15 September 2017 - CPAA Migration Assessment (External Auditor)
    09 October 2017 - Result of assessment - academically suitable for migration under External Auditor. However, duties listed in the employment are considered to be closely related to "internal auditing".
    20 October 2017 - Appeal for External Auditor (Employment)
    03 November 2017 - Positive CPAA assessment! Yehey!
    03 November 2017 - Lodged EOI (189/190-NSW)
    17 November 2017 - Received invitation to apply for NSW state nomination.
    18 November 2017 - Lodged my nomination application with NSW.
    28 November 2017 - Approved application for NSW nomination and received an ITA for Visa 190
    05 December 2017 - Lodged VISA 190 - DIBP
    09 December 2017 - Medical Examination @ Nationwide Makati
    13 December 2017 - NBI Clearance (Hit)
    18 December 2017 - Claimed NBI Clearance
    18 December 2017 - Frontloaded all documents
    21 February 2018 - CO contact - employment reference (which I have already submitted)
    23 February 2018 - First Feedback (suggestion)
    15 March 2018 - Second Feedback (suggestion)
    20 March 2018 - VISA Grant - Thank you God!
    10 September 2018 - IED
    13 December 2018 - Got a job with Big 4 Audit Firm (External Auditor-Senior Associate)
    1 July 2019 - Moved to another audit firm (External/Internal Auditor-Senior Associate)
    14 Jan 2021 - Got an Internal Auditor job in one of the biggeat insurance companies

Tips on BM: http://pinoyau.info/discussion/6492/migrating-to-australia-with-high-hopes/p16

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Thank you po @Butterfly8i8 @misterV .. Sir @vincechaos , nag.pm po ako maraming salamat din po :)
  • batmanbatman Darwin Australia
    @sethcabrera786 agree with them, good luck sa process.

221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted the offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission.
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    09|02|19 - Big move
    11|02|19 - First job interview
    12|02|19 - Received a job offer
    13|02|19 - Accepted job offer
    13|08|19 - Accepted a new job offer - new employer
    16|10|20 - Started new job - a better opportunity
    01|01|21 - Started CPA Australia qualification
    10|02|21 - Lodged 887 visa application
    June 2021 - First CPA subject passed
    Nov 2021 - 2nd CPA Subject passed
    June 2022 - 3rd and 4th CPA subject passed
    Nov 2022 - 5th subject passed (failed the other one)
    Feb 2023 - PR visa granted
    June 2023 - Officially a CPA Australia member.
    July 2023 - Purchased a land where to build our home

Guys.. nagpass na ako ng skills assessment for Vetasses. Now, I will have to wait for results. Crossing fingers. While waiting, I’ll do some IELTs test taking practice. Thank you for all the support provided.
    Guys.. may tanong ako. Goal ko pa rin kasi mag internal auditor and plan ko mag Big 4. Ask ko lang, what it is like upon onboarding. May learning and training ba lagi just like sa mga Big 4 dito sa atin? Do hires come in batches? And, curious lang kasi ako if the expectation for standard and quality of work here in PH and AU are typically same. Excited na ako mag work. Hahaha kahit wala pa visa.
    Btw, mga Sirs.. where do you guys work as IA, big 4 or private company?
    Hi po. My query is re: External Auditor Assessment.

Sa Transcript of Records po ba kailangan ba specific yung purpose ng request ng TOR na i-iscan? I got an orig. transcript but the REMARKS nito is for BOARD EXAM PURPOSES ONLY.
    I wonder if strict ba ang CPAA regarding this one..medyo mahal din kasi to request for another copy for another specific purpose. I hope someone who may have previous experience can help me po.

Sorry not IA-related yung query. DIY hopeful here. Thanks :)
    @ellaine mam may PM po ako
  • jenny038jenny038 quezon city
    @sethcabrera786 Hi, i had my assessment at CPAA and submitted TOR na may notation din sa ilalim, tinanggap naman nila. EA din ako.
    Hello po..about naman sa syllabus na ni-rerequire ng CPAA. do we have to provide descriptions of ALL SUBJECTS taken under BSA Program? or yun lang related sa mandatory courses ng CPAA na-aligned sa syllabus na ti-nake? Thannnkkk youuu
    @misterV hey, guys! Thanks sa mga tips! I got positive results na from Vetasses.
    Got it after a month lang from submission. From my almost 7 years experience, they deducted 1 year, i got 5.9 years which is good enough for 10 visa points. I got the maximum attainable points from my work experience. Yey! :)

To others going through VEtasses process.. If there’s a tip i learned from processing mine, in addition to COE, I also submitted my company’s Internal audit charter to support the
    definition of my current role as IA and support the organizational independence of my Department. I’ve read somewhere that it is common that many got negative Vetassess results because they failed to prove their audit role as third line of defense. Hope this helps. :)
  • patrickcpaciapatrickcpacia Posts: 38Member
    HI.

Anyone here still waiting to be invited? I lodged my EOI 190 and 189 Nov 2017 and still waiting for an invite. :( I hope the states nominate again soon.

Internal Auditor
    (Age: 30 / English: 20 / Experience: 5 / Education: 15 / State Nomination: 5) 189: 70 points, 190: 75 points

Submission of documents to VETASSESS - July 21, 2017
    Positive assessment from VETASSESS - July 27, 2017
    Took PTE-A (SWRL 90) - August 25, 2017
    Submitted EOI (189 and 190) - November 25, 2017
    Submitted another EOI (189 and 190) - July 10, 2018

Still waiting for an ITA :) Fingers crossed!

@patrickcpacia hi, ilang points po kayo?

07/12/2017 - Visa Lodged

@dyanisabelle 70 points for 189 and 75 for 190. It says naman sa SkillSelect ko Submitted. Not sure why it's taking so long...

Internal Auditor
    (Age: 30 / English: 20 / Experience: 5 / Education: 15 / State Nomination: 5) 189: 70 points, 190: 75 points

@dyanisabelle Do you think I should create another EOI to be sure?

Internal Auditor

• agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    @patrickcpacia you might want to check the last invitation round last 6th June, points required to be invited on your occupation is 80. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/6-june-2018-invitation-round.aspx

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!