Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Victoria State Sponsorship

Comments

• batmanbatman Darwin Australia
    @PaolaPineda
    its.kc said:

@Pandabelle0405 ito po ba yung sinunod nyo na steps? Iba po kasi yung process for ICT, Nursing, and Engineering occupations:
    https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190

refer link from @its.kc reply.

221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted the offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission.
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    09|02|19 - Big move
    11|02|19 - First job interview
    12|02|19 - Received a job offer
    13|02|19 - Accepted job offer
    13|08|19 - Accepted a new job offer - new employer
    16|10|20 - Started new job - a better opportunity
    01|01|21 - Started CPA Australia qualification
    10|02|21 - Lodged 887 visa application
    June 2021 - First CPA subject passed
    Nov 2021 - 2nd CPA Subject passed
    June 2022 - 3rd and 4th CPA subject passed
    Nov 2022 - 5th subject passed (failed the other one)
    Feb 2023 - PR visa granted
    June 2023 - Officially a CPA Australia member.
    July 2023 - Purchased a land where to build our home

• Pandabelle0405Pandabelle0405 Singapore
    @its.kc hello po yes yan po link un sinunod namen steps for vic 190. Thanks po
  • jacjacjacjacjacjac Philippines
    Hi.
    Anyone here knows a room for rent in Tullamarine Area. (Keilor, Airport West, basta malapit! :)
    Thanks!
  • batmanbatman Darwin Australia
    edited August 2018
    @jacjacjac your are on a wrong thread for this query.

221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted the offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission.
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    09|02|19 - Big move
    11|02|19 - First job interview
    12|02|19 - Received a job offer
    13|02|19 - Accepted job offer
    13|08|19 - Accepted a new job offer - new employer
    16|10|20 - Started new job - a better opportunity
    01|01|21 - Started CPA Australia qualification
    10|02|21 - Lodged 887 visa application
    June 2021 - First CPA subject passed
    Nov 2021 - 2nd CPA Subject passed
    June 2022 - 3rd and 4th CPA subject passed
    Nov 2022 - 5th subject passed (failed the other one)
    Feb 2023 - PR visa granted
    June 2023 - Officially a CPA Australia member.
    July 2023 - Purchased a land where to build our home

• happymissushappymissus Posts: 39Member
    hi @Pandabelle0405 may nareceive rin po ang husband ko na ganyan from Vic, hoping na good news yan for us for an invite...
    @happymissus hello po uu nga sana wala na pre invite direct n un 12 weeks na processing if reject ba or approved atleast malaman man lng natin agad ang result diba po. By the ict or engr po ba si hubby mo po?
  • jacjacjacjacjacjac Philippines
    @batman i’m sorry.
    I’m just hoping somebody here knows a place. Some people here are already in AU anyway.
  • happymissushappymissus Posts: 39Member
    @Pandabelle0405 nurse po ang husband ko...
    @happymissus ahh wow in demand po job nya yaan ni po sis maiinvite din tau dasal dasal lng darating din inaantay natin golden email. Godbless po
  • aimmephoenixaimmephoenix Melbourne
    edited August 2018
    Nurse: Regional or Melbourne?

Any advice po to which area to choose.
    No child yet.
    Husband taking bridging soon.
    I understand that it should be based on lifestyle.
    My friend said choose Melby as entry then transfer to regional area in few years.
    Salary in regional areas is higher daw po.

Thank you so much.

• eric290eric290 Singapore
    Anyone got invited by VIC government recently and an IT professional? I am currently at 65 points, is there a chance for me to get invited. Do you advise to have my wife get assessment and claim 5 points from her? We are both on the same ANZSCO Code.
  • patotoypatotoy Posts: 446Member
    @eric290
    eric290 said:

Anyone got invited by VIC government recently and an IT professional? I am currently at 65 points, is there a chance for me to get invited. Do you advise to have my wife get assessment and claim 5 points from her? We are both on the same ANZSCO Code.

65 points with english at 10pts? if yes, retake english test until superior pts.
  • aron_drnaron_drn Singapore
    For Engineer's... just an info:

Be aware of this Bill...it may soon implemented in the near future.

https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/engineers-registration-bill-2018

https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Engineering-Registers/Victoria-Registration
    @aron_drn thank u sir sa info pabasa ko to sa husband ko
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    @Pandabelle0405 @aron_drn this isn’t something required for all engineers though. It’s more a requirement for employers to comply. Not all engineers have to register

http://pinoyau.info/discussion/comment/307160#Comment_307160
    @RheaMARN1171933 Hopefully they will not implement in VIC.
    unlike Queensland they required to gain State sponsor and working in QLD must registered Professional Engineer in QLD through RPEQ by EA NER registration.
    For information only:

https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/News/engineers-registration-bill-victorian-parliament-will-increase-public-confidence

""""""Victoria is poised to follow Queensland’s lead, with the introduction of the Engineers Registration Bill to state parliament yesterday. If passed, the bill will introduce a state-wide mandatory registration system for engineers providing professional services in Victoria or exporting their services from the state."""""""

*********************************************************************************************

The importance of the engineering profession is one step closer to being recognised in Victorian legislation, with the introduction of a bill to highlight the critical nature of engineering skills and increase public confidence.

Unlike many parts of Asia, the US and Europe, the term ‘engineer’, and the training, experience and proven professional competence it entails does not have national statutory protection in Australia.

Currently, Queensland is the only state of territory with a comprehensive registration scheme for engineer.

Victoria is poised to follow Queensland’s lead, with the introduction of the Engineers Registration Bill to state parliament yesterday. If passed, the bill will introduce a state-wide mandatory registration system for engineers providing professional services in Victoria or exporting their services from the state.

According to Engineers Australia CEO Peter McIntyre, the organisation has been working closely with the Victorian Government to ensure that the legislation provides industry, the community and government that engineers in Victoria are qualified and working to professional standards.

McIntyre stated that this will bring us into line with global efforts to establish the reputation of engineering as a critical profession.

"Many countries see engineering as a critical profession, whose practitioners are recognised and registered by government.”

The Victorian and Queensland governments are working to introduce mutual recognition between the two states’ schemes once the Victorian legislation has passed.

In Queensland, engineers use the National Engineering Register (NER) as a pathway to government registration. McIntyre expects that Victoria, and other states and territories who subsequently adopt mandatory registration, will follow a similar path.

McIntyre encouraged engineers to register on the NER before the Victorian legislation takes effect.

"The NER not only fulfils engineers’ professional practice obligations, but showcases their capabilities to prospective employers and consumers of engineering services," McIntyre said.

The introduction of mandatory registration for engineers will not only recognise the importance of the profession, but reduce the risks of work that does not meet professional standards.

"Risks may include increased construction and rectification costs, litigation expenses, lost production and injury or death,” McIntyre explained.

Unlike professions like law and medicine, there is currently no national provision to prevent engineers from practicing due to professional negligence.

While consistent national legislation to introduce mandatory registration for engineers is yet to be achieved, McIntyre said that the NER provides important information about professionals who have chosen to register.

“Engineers Australia’s NER will provide information about expected professional standards and whether engineers have the requisite professional practices that support the services they offer," he said.

The second reading of the Engineers Registration Bill was moved in the Victorian Parliament today and the bill has now been made publically available on the Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents website.
    @aron_drn like what I explained in that link, not all will be required. One can still Work as an engineer as long as there is someone within the company/their department who is registered. The only possibility that this legislation may affect aspiring migrants are those looking at sponsorship from Victoria, should the state does the same as What Queensland requires. However, nomination requirements for Victoria are more realistic than Queensland so hopefully it won’t be the case.
    @RheaMARN1171933 .. What if the Bill pass and VIC will implement to all aspiring migrants for Engineers registration. I have read your comment in Engineer Australia section you mention that:

" Have a look at job ads for engineering particularly in Queensland, there is no mention of registration being required at all. " this is was you have mentioned. ;-)

https://www.seek.com.au/job/37043974?type=standout
    Check this website for your information. ( Professional ENGINEER is a must RPEQ)

This is what I'm trying to point out for future application that VIC as you have mention may implement this rule ( if approved)
    Why I shared the information for fellow Engineers.. so that they are aware that in the near future it may coz changes in the requirements.. no one can predict the scenario in migration. If VIC doesn't want to implement the registration then is good for aspiring migrant but if they implement then all engineers must comply to the requirements.

I'm not trying to debate with you, I'm sharing to fellow Engineers ;-) Cheers

Visa 189 for Engineers is competitive and under prorate occupation therefore the plan B is go for state nomination.

@aron_drn please see link below. Apparently, it’s already implemented...

http://www.professionalengineers.org.au/registration-victoria-need-know/

There is an emphasis on engineers without supervision in that link. So registration would be more for those “top dogs” within the company as previously explained.

So far, Victoria has not imposed this on aspiring 190 and 489 migrants, we agents would otherwise be aware about it.
    edited August 2018
    @aron_drn I’m also not trying to debate, there is no need for me to do that. I’m actually trying to calm things down and not to worry people much about it. Yes, it may be a possibility but there’s no point worrying about something we can’t control. If so, then so be it but that is not the case at the moment so just carry on then :)
    Yup... I agree with you they have implemented on this, APEA is one organisation that verify and asses Professional Engineers the same with Engineers Australia or EA.

Just that Victoria at the present time dont implement in VISA 190 and 489 requirements which is good for Offshore and Onshore Engineers.

edited August 2018
    @aron_drn that’s correct so if I would have been your agent, I would just advice you to carry on then. The whole process itself is so stressful enough for applicants. It was already a stressful journey for me over 10 years ago so I could imagine how much more it is now. Good luck on your Australian journey.
    Hello ask lng po mga kapatid since nka receive si hubby ng acknowledgement sa vic 190 nung aug 2 at sabi w/in span of 12 weeks mlalaman na kung reject or approved. It means po ba ung 12 weeks n un mlalaman n po na talaga result or pwede pa lumagpas sa 12 weeks bago lumabas ang resulta. Salamat po sa sasagot
  • patotoypatotoy Posts: 446Member
    @Pandabelle0405
    yan na mismo yung processing time nila, minsan mas mabilis pa. superior english na si hubby mo? naging sobrang choosy sila since Jan 2018 sa english test, gusto nila superior (pareho sila ni NSW) ewan ko nalang this new fiscal year.
    @patotoy hi sir hindi po eh +10 pts lng proficient pero kung my time p next month try ulit pte for the 5th time para mka superior. 65+5 lng po si hubby nabawasan kc ng 5pts nung april 9 due to his bday kaya yan po natira score. Hehe eto waiting p rin po sa sagot ni vic habang waiting try mpataas pa ang english pts kc tama si vic at nsw lalo na nggng choosy. Hehe
  • cyborg5cyborg5 Australia
    Kelangan po ba ni vic ng job offer at show money pag 190?

The flower that blooms in adversity, is the most rare and beautiful.

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    @cyborg5 Kailangan ng job offer sa Vic pag 489. Too yung nasa website nila

To apply for Victorian visa nomination under the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) you must have a current job offer in your nominated occupation within a regional area of Victoria.
  • cyborg5cyborg5 Australia
    So ang 190 po wala?

The flower that blooms in adversity, is the most rare and beautiful.