Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visitor Visa Requirements

PLACPLAC MandaluyongPosts: 49Member
edited April 2013 in Working and skilled visas
Hello to all! Feels happy and at home revisiting this discussion page after 6 or so months. My family and I landed in Melbourne last year September. And it was a flurry of activities since then - house hunting, visit schools and childcare, registration with Centrelink and Medicare, job hunting etc... We are now on on our 7th month and life is good... Thank God!

My hubby and I are now working full time, but not yet on permanent capacity. Would like to ask for advice from fellow migrants on the requirements and steps on how to apply for Visitor Visa for parents. I would love to let my mom come and visit us however I dont know if we are already qualified to sponsor her.

So, for those who went through the process of getting this kind of visa, would appreciate very much if you guys can share here how you went through it, what are the documents submitted.

Cheers!!

Comments

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    edited April 2013
    @PLAC.. If u want to sponsor ur mum for a tourist visa here in OZ here is the information from the immigration website..

For Sponsors
    This information is for someone who wants to sponsor:
    a family member applying for a Visitor visa in the Sponsored Family stream
    an applicant for a Visitor visa in the Tourist stream (if asked to do so by the department).
    As a sponsor, you will guarantee that the applicant will leave Australia before their visa expires. You may also have to pay a security bond.

Show allHide all
    Who can sponsor a family member
    A sponsor must:

be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
    be older than 18 years of age
    have been settled in Australia for a reasonable period (usually more than 2 years).
    You must also be one of the following:

a relative of the applicant (partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or the 'step' or adopted equivalent of any of these)
    a relative of a person who is a member of the applicant’s family unit and who is also applying for a Visitor visa (such as the partner of your brother or sister).
    In addition, applicants in the Sponsored Family stream may be sponsored by:

a member of an Australian parliament
    an authorised person representing an Australian Government or Australian state or territory government department or agency
    a local government mayor.
    You cannot be a sponsor for more than one person at the same time, unless they are the member of the same family unit. A family unit is made up of the head of the family, their partner and their dependent children. Other relatives may be included in the family unit if they are fully dependent on the head of the family.

If you have already sponsored a visitor, you must wait until their visa ceases before applying to be a sponsor again, unless your next sponsorship is for a member of the family unit of someone you are currently sponsoring.

If you have previously sponsored a visitor and your visitor did not abide by the conditions of their visa, you will normally not be able to sponsor another visitor in the same visa class for five years.

Applying to be a sponsor
    This information explains what you need to do to apply to sponsor someone for the Sponsored Family or Tourist stream of the Visitor visa.

Sponsored Family stream
    Applying online: Complete and scan Form 1149 Application for sponsorship for sponsored family (223KB PDF file) and give the scanned form to the visa applicant to attach to their online application.

Applying by post: Complete and lodge the following forms together:

The visa applicant: Form 1418 Application for a Visitor visa – Sponsored Family stream (478KB PDF file)
    You complete: Form 1149 Application for sponsorship for Sponsored Family Visitors(223KB PDF file)
    Lodge your forms at the department’s Sponsored Family Visitor Processing Centres.

Tourist stream
    Complete and lodge the following form at the departmental office that asked you to be a sponsor:

Form 1149 Application for sponsorship for Sponsored Family Visitors ( 223KB PDF file)

If u want a broad info for the tourist visa here is the link http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/600/..

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)

• DreamerADreamerA Mandaluyong
    Hi ibigsbhin po ba dito kung nka working visa hndi pwede mag sponsor sa aunt or mother for a tourist visa ?salamt sa sasagot
  • cuccicucci NSW
    @DreamerA Kung may mga financial documents naman ang mother or aunt mo (real estate, bank accounts, etc), I would suggest that you just send an invitation letter rather than sponsorship kung for tourist/visitor purpose lang naman. Kailangan lang naman yung mga financial docs as proof of connection to the Phils para may reason na talagang babalik sila. Sa sponsorship kasi minsan limited ang time na ibibigay ng DoHA.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

@cucci yes mam bale tourist visa lang tlga ung balak nmen ibigay pra lang makapasyal sila magkapatid in case hanggat kaya pa mag-lakad. pano kung wala silang bank accounts or mga lupa at bahay na nkapngalan sa knila? okay lang ba un na letter of invitation lang coming from me lang ? salamat sa pag sagot.
  • MiaMia NZ
    @DreamerA you can’t “give” a tourist visa only the immigration department can do that. The applicant himself needs to qualify for the visa... you should visit the tourist visa thread mas maraming info doon
    @Mia yes po hndi po ako tlga ung mag bbigay ng tourist visa xmpre ,invitation lang .ibgsbhin pala neto hndi ako pwede mag send application s IMMI?
  • MiaMia NZ
    @DreamerA Unsure of how you meant na hindi ako pwede mag send ng application sa IMMI, do you mean mag apply on their behalf? Pwede naman but they still need to submit proof of their eligibility for the visa and hindi lang yung invitation mo... if you invite them, they still need to prove na they will afford to travel to Australia diba? That's what I meant...
    @Mia okay . ‘me nbasa ksi ako dto na ssbhin ko lang dn na sasagutin nmen lahat ng gastos nila during stay for the tour. thanks