Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

dash cam vs speedometer

HI,,ask ko lang po,I have a new car (1 year na po) then I bought a dashcam but the problem is when my car is running 100 kph as posted in speed limit my dash cam speed registered 90 and I was confused sino ba sa dalawa ang papaniwalaan ko and dash cam ba with a speed on my car or yung speedometer ng car ko..?

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    edited February 2019
    @schama

This the Australian regulation imposed since 2007 for new cars:

"The speedo must not indicate a speed less than the vehicle’s true speed or a speed greater than the vehicle’s true speed by an amount more than 10 percent plus 4 km/h."

With the example that you've given, your dashcam could be showing you the true speed while your speedo was configured to indicate a higher speed than the actual which is still within the allowable limits set under the regulation.

My dashcam also shows a lower readings compared to my speedo but the difference is only +2-5 kph

• schamaschama singapore
    thanks fgs
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Perth, WA
    I advise that you should have your speedometer re-calibrated.