Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

JOB HUNT 2019

Comments

• caienricaienri Sydney
    @Megger good vibes! All the best sa family!
  • xtan2xtan2 Dubai
    Sa welder po pahelp sa mga meron alam Jan welding jobs po
  • chococrinklechococrinkle Adelaide
    edited March 2019
    Im sharing din my experience on job hunting. We arrived before new year via Sydney then, flew to adelaide last Jan 20.

I started submitting job applications 2nd week of Jan, and had received tons of rejection emails as well. Initially, I customed my resume and cover letter in a way na it fits the job ad but not really addressing every detail being asked. End of January I decided to custom fit my cover letter exactly on what is being asked on the posting and ommitted those not needed. This is very tedious and would take me around 1 hr per ad, kasi I have to custom fit everything para swak talaga sa kung ano ang needed sa role. I also revised my resume that fits perfectly sa occupation. See link below of the sample template for the cover letter.
    https://www.seek.com.au/career-advice/free-cover-letter-template

Using the template it seems komonti rejection letters ko, dont know if my assumption is correct pero, it seems na with the matching tool that employers use for shortlisting applicants, it helps if you address all the points specifically and accurately,meaning walang labis walang kulang, to get a higher percentage match sa job ad. Bullet the key points why you are fit sa role, every detail asked sa job ad, you have to answer it in your cover letter. Consequently, I got 2 phone interviews in Feb, the first one was not related to my occupation (its for a call center), but it did not progress as I cannot commit to working until 9pm since I have kids, and hubby is also working late.

The 2nd interview was thru a video conference, and the job is related to my occupation. Btw, before the actual video conference, I prepared really well. First is I researched about the company- when it started, where it started, its industry, its products, the scope of business, and anything else that I need to know. It really helped in the interview, as my employer was impressed of how much Ive known. Also, go thru the job ad and formulate possible questions that you think they will ask, which usually pertains on how you could contribute to the company. Its a plus factor as questions are really situational and will gage how suitable you are to the role. Also, plus factor din if sa job ad meron sila preference, example sa role na inapplyan ko they prefer those with experience sa SAP in an MRO environment. Since we used SAP sa previous company ko, malaking bagay na yun.

I got interviewed Feb 25 and was given the job offer Feb 27, then received my contract today, Mar 5. God is sooo good!

For those who are still seeking, keep sending your resumes and dont get frustrated with the rejection emails. Also, if there are multinational companies posting ads, go for them, tailor fit your cover letter and resume to the role. Based on experience, some of these companies are open to hiring those without local experience yet but have skills that match their need. My new company is not based in Australia, but only expanded their business here. Lastly, always seek for God’s guidance. Pray hard and ask specifically what your heart desires. Faith works in marvelous ways. Dont give up guys, you will have that job offer soon! Just hold on!
    eioj16

2014 -- start of Au dream
    06.07.14 -- IELTS LRWS 7.5/7.5/7.0/7.0
    07.18.14 -- positive skills assessment
    08.01.14 -- waiting for occupation in ACT to open
    08.01.15 -- still waiting for occupation in ACT to open
    08.01.16 -- still waiting for occupation in ACT to open
    06.07.17 -- expired IELTS
    07.18.17 -- expired skills assessment
    08.2017 -- learned high points via SA 489
    11.22.17 -- PTE Academic exam LRWS 90/79/90/90
    11.22.17 -- result of Vetassess assessment renewal
    11.30.17 -- EOI lodge SA 489 80 pts
    12.22.17 -- received SA invitation
    01.04.18 -- Visa Lodge SA 489
    01.19.18 -- Medicals
    04.10.18 -- Visa Grant (DG) Praise God!!!

PTE Writing Tips

For writing essay I used E2 language format and applying what I learned from Ielts. Sa intro, sa 1st sentence ni restate ko lang yung question using my own words. Then sa 2nd sentence if one sided lang yung question, I give summary of the reasons ( 2 reasons only). Example, if ang essay is about importance of computers (one sided), eto 2nd sentence ko. Computers are valuable resources as they (1st reason) aid in learning and are (2nd reason) used to communicate with others. Then sa 3rd sentence sasabihin ko para pampahaba-- In this essay, I shall discuss my point of view by giving points and examples about the topic.

Then sa 2nd paragraph, elaborate ko na ang 1St reason. Mga 2 sentences na magsupport sa 1st reason, like if yung 1st reason ko is aid in learning, expand ko ang topic by answering how computers aid in learning,etc. Usually yung reason mo convert mo by asking how, what, when, or who. Tapos sa 3rd sentence, I state examples. Pwede ka din mag add pa ng 4th sentence parang isummarize mo lang ang 2nd paragraph.

Sa 3rd paragraph discuss naman ang 3rd reason same sa ginawa sa 2nd par.

4Th paragraph 1st sentence conclusion, then 2nd sentence recommendation.

If 2 sided naman yung intro pwede mo gamitin yung nasa template like kina Heprex na samples. Then yung 2nd par yung kabilang side, then yung 3rd paragraph yung other side. Tapos same last paragraph.

If medyo nahihirapan ka sa mga ideas, research ka dito sa forum ng mga recent topics. Tapos based dun sa topic reasearch ka anong pwedeng maging points and reasons para may idea ka na ano ilalagay mo sa essay.

Ang key talaga sa writing is dapat marami ka ideas. If nahihirapan ka mag construct ng idea try to research as much as possible. Google mo yung mga common or recent topics on pte writing tapos may mga sample questions dun,, then research mo ano possible answers para sa actual exam may idea kana ano isasagot. Tapos dpat familiarize mo mga connectors (like moreover, therefore, for instance, etc) kasi mas mataas ang grade kapag medyo complex ang sentence na ginagamit mo kesa simple sentences lang.

For summarize written text strategy ko is to first get ano main topic. Then analyze what important points were given, may nangyari ba? If meron ano ang nangyari, kelan nangyari? ano at para kanino ang purpose? Usually kasi sa mga paragraphs naka detail lang pero yung point lang naman dun is parang dinedescribe lang yung main topic. If you can answer who/what, when, how and why about the topic pwede mo na pagdugtungin yung ideas mo thru connectors and form a sentence. If you will have multiple paragraphs, summarize mo muna per paragraph then summarize mo ulit lahat in one sentence

Another tip also in writing as much as possible do not repeat the same words. If you dont have much stored knowledge about synonyms okay lang. Practice and Research is the key. Kaya malaki ang help sa akin yung pag research sa mga common or recent topics kasi while practicing pwede akong mghanap ng synonyms then mas madali ko syang ma recall sa actual exam kasi nagawa ko na sya before. Tapos if meron kayong word na ma encounter na parang hirap kayo mag elaborate, google nyo din anong synonym or phrases na pwedeng same meaning ng word. Share ko yung nilista kong mga synonyms na possible na magagamit sa mga essay kasi minsan these are the topics commonly asked.

Essay synonyms

Discuss- cite, mention, illustrate, narrate, elucidate, talk about

Finally.. Concluded, In Summary

Democracy- representative govt; elective govt; republic; commonwealth

Vote- suffrage, ballot, poll, elect officials, select leaders, appoint, designate

Leaders- officials, officer, commander, chief, head, principal of nations, pioneer, front runner

Nature- mother earth, environment, wildlife, universe, cosmos, countryside, natural resources, natural world

Environment- habitat, territory, domain, surroundings

Teachers- educator, tutor, coach,guide, mentor, guru, professor, trainer, lecturer

Computer- PC, laptop, netbook,desktop, terminal, mainframe

Robot- automated individual, android, automaton, golem, bot, droid,

Invention- creation, innovation, development, design

Creative ability- inventive mind, originality, imagination, inspiration

Airplane- plane, airliner, jet, plane

Drugs- medicine, medication, remedy, cure, antidote

Issue- matter, affairs, problem, difficulty, obstacle, predicament

Information- details, particulars, facts, data, computing /computer

Revolution- insurgence, transformation, innovation, revolt, uprising, restructuring

Packaging- case, wrap

Region, province, rural area, district, territory, district, area

Boon- blessing, benefit, advantage

Tourist- traveler, vacationer, visitor

Tourism- visits to places of interest; commercial organization and operation of vacations; traveling to places; services provided to people for holidays

Technology- invention, engineering, applied science, method, technical knowledge, undustrial science, mechanization

Xenophobic- anti nationalist

Question pala, since we are under visa 489, tama naman pagkakaintindi ko na, we are still allowed to travel to a non-regional area, lets say for training purposes diba? I will be based in Adelaide but would need to go to a major city for 2 weeks training. Im not breaching my visa conditions right?

01.19.18 -- Medicals

PTE Writing Tips

For writing essay I used E2 language format and applying what I learned from Ielts. Sa intro, sa 1st sentence ni restate ko lang yung question using my own words. Then sa 2nd sentence if one sided lang yung question, I give summary of the reasons ( 2 reasons only). Example, if ang essay is about importance of computers (one sided), eto 2nd sentence ko. Computers are valuable resources as they (1st reason) aid in learning and are (2nd reason) used to communicate with others. Then sa 3rd sentence sasabihin ko para pampahaba-- In this essay, I shall discuss my point of view by giving points and examples about the topic.

Then sa 2nd paragraph, elaborate ko na ang 1St reason. Mga 2 sentences na magsupport sa 1st reason, like if yung 1st reason ko is aid in learning, expand ko ang topic by answering how computers aid in learning,etc. Usually yung reason mo convert mo by asking how, what, when, or who. Tapos sa 3rd sentence, I state examples. Pwede ka din mag add pa ng 4th sentence parang isummarize mo lang ang 2nd paragraph.

If 2 sided naman yung intro pwede mo gamitin yung nasa template like kina Heprex na samples. Then yung 2nd par yung kabilang side, then yung 3rd paragraph yung other side. Tapos same last paragraph.

If medyo nahihirapan ka sa mga ideas, research ka dito sa forum ng mga recent topics. Tapos based dun sa topic reasearch ka anong pwedeng maging points and reasons para may idea ka na ano ilalagay mo sa essay.

Ang key talaga sa writing is dapat marami ka ideas. If nahihirapan ka mag construct ng idea try to research as much as possible. Google mo yung mga common or recent topics on pte writing tapos may mga sample questions dun,, then research mo ano possible answers para sa actual exam may idea kana ano isasagot. Tapos dpat familiarize mo mga connectors (like moreover, therefore, for instance, etc) kasi mas mataas ang grade kapag medyo complex ang sentence na ginagamit mo kesa simple sentences lang.

For summarize written text strategy ko is to first get ano main topic. Then analyze what important points were given, may nangyari ba? If meron ano ang nangyari, kelan nangyari? ano at para kanino ang purpose? Usually kasi sa mga paragraphs naka detail lang pero yung point lang naman dun is parang dinedescribe lang yung main topic. If you can answer who/what, when, how and why about the topic pwede mo na pagdugtungin yung ideas mo thru connectors and form a sentence. If you will have multiple paragraphs, summarize mo muna per paragraph then summarize mo ulit lahat in one sentence

Another tip also in writing as much as possible do not repeat the same words. If you dont have much stored knowledge about synonyms okay lang. Practice and Research is the key. Kaya malaki ang help sa akin yung pag research sa mga common or recent topics kasi while practicing pwede akong mghanap ng synonyms then mas madali ko syang ma recall sa actual exam kasi nagawa ko na sya before. Tapos if meron kayong word na ma encounter na parang hirap kayo mag elaborate, google nyo din anong synonym or phrases na pwedeng same meaning ng word. Share ko yung nilista kong mga synonyms na possible na magagamit sa mga essay kasi minsan these are the topics commonly asked.

Essay synonyms

Vote- suffrage, ballot, poll, elect officials, select leaders, appoint, designate

Leaders- officials, officer, commander, chief, head, principal of nations, pioneer, front runner

Nature- mother earth, environment, wildlife, universe, cosmos, countryside, natural resources, natural world

Teachers- educator, tutor, coach,guide, mentor, guru, professor, trainer, lecturer

Revolution- insurgence, transformation, innovation, revolt, uprising, restructuring

Packaging- case, wrap

Tourism- visits to places of interest; commercial organization and operation of vacations; traveling to places; services provided to people for holidays

Technology- invention, engineering, applied science, method, technical knowledge, undustrial science, mechanization

• lecialecia Posts: 1,841Member
    @chococrinkle hi Nang!! remember mo pa ako? hehehe..congratulations!!!! God bless you and your family..

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

08/09/2017 - passed Australian Medical Scientist exam
    27/10/2017 - PTE LRSW- 77/80/75/85
    2018- got promoted, new job responsibilities,stop muna ang AUSSIE DREAM
    25/09/2018- PTE LRSW- 70/82/90/70 ( technical, ayaw magmove ng mouse ko sa listening, 2 WFD diko nasagot, submitted report\complain pero wala din)
    17/10/2018- PTE LRSW- 84/77/90/84
    09/02/2019- PTE LRSW- 83/82/90/85
    10/02/2019 -EOI lodge 75 (189) 80 (190)
    11/02/2019 - ITA received 189 ( 75 points)
    12/02/2019 - NSW ITA received 190 ( 80 points)
    19/02/2019 - SG PCC released
    20/02/2019 - Medical at SATA Ang Mo Kio @6-9 pm night clinic
    23/02/2019 - Visa lodged 189
    06/03/2019 - NBI provided ( umuwi ako Pinas kasi sa online Last name ni husband nag aapear, di pa ako nagchange ng married name ko kaya gusto ko kapareho nun passport at iba pang docs ko. Pag sa Pinas, pinakita ko lang passport ko at yun nirelease nila.

Hi @lecia ofcourse, fellow Ilongga! Heheheh.. Thanks gd. Naka start kana processs application sa visa? Kamusta?

01.19.18 -- Medicals

PTE Writing Tips

Essay synonyms

Packaging- case, wrap

• mycroft_holmesmycroft_holmes Singapore
    Congrats @chococrinkle

312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson 189, 75pts

20 Feb 2018: Started collecting documents for skills assessment
    01 Apr 2018: Started reviewing for IELTS
    30 July 2018: VETASSESS Application Submitted
    07 Sep 2018: VETASSESS Outcome Received - Positive
    15 Sep 2018: IELTS | L8.5 | R8.5 | S7.0 | W7.0
    20 Sep 2018: EOI Lodge - 189, 190 (65,70 pts)
    01 Oct 2018: PTE Academic | L81 | R89 | S90 | W77 (Haisst...)
    01 Oct 2018: NBI Fingerprinting Appointment - PE Singapore
    22 Oct 2018: PTE Academic | L90 | R77 | S90 | W88 (Haisst...)

Dedicated 1 month to review for PTE

23 Nov 2018: PTE Academic | L90 | R87 | S90 | W90 (Yahoo!)
    01 Dec 2018: EOI Updated - 189 , 190 (75,80 points)
    02 Dec 2018: Filed-up Form 80 and 1221 (whole day encoding..)
    04 Dec 2018: NBI Clearance Received
    06 Dec 2018: Pre-ITA 190 Received (VIC State Nomination)
    07 Dec 2018: Applied for VIC State Nomination
    11 Dec 2018: ITA 189 Received
    11 Dec 2018: Immediately informed Victoria that Application for State Nomination can't be process anymore. (EOI is locked. 189 and 190 are under the same EOI)
    11 Dec 2018: Applied E-Appeal for SG Police COC
    12 Dec 2018: Medical exam taken and submitted - Sata AMK Night
    13 Dec 2018: Medical exam results received. Health clearance provided – no action required.
    14 Dec 2018: Fingerprint appointment and SG COC Collected.
    16 Dec 2018: Visa Application Lodge

"When you want something; all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

• lecialecia Posts: 1,841Member
    @chococrinkle hi Nang!! Yes waiting na Lang gid. Hoping and praying for a DG.. Naka lodge na man.. all the best sa inyo. Congratulations sa job and everything! God bless

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

08/09/2017 - passed Australian Medical Scientist exam
    27/10/2017 - PTE LRSW- 77/80/75/85
    2018- got promoted, new job responsibilities,stop muna ang AUSSIE DREAM
    25/09/2018- PTE LRSW- 70/82/90/70 ( technical, ayaw magmove ng mouse ko sa listening, 2 WFD diko nasagot, submitted report\complain pero wala din)
    17/10/2018- PTE LRSW- 84/77/90/84
    09/02/2019- PTE LRSW- 83/82/90/85
    10/02/2019 -EOI lodge 75 (189) 80 (190)
    11/02/2019 - ITA received 189 ( 75 points)
    12/02/2019 - NSW ITA received 190 ( 80 points)
    19/02/2019 - SG PCC released
    20/02/2019 - Medical at SATA Ang Mo Kio @6-9 pm night clinic
    23/02/2019 - Visa lodged 189
    06/03/2019 - NBI provided ( umuwi ako Pinas kasi sa online Last name ni husband nag aapear, di pa ako nagchange ng married name ko kaya gusto ko kapareho nun passport at iba pang docs ko. Pag sa Pinas, pinakita ko lang passport ko at yun nirelease nila.

@lecia Claim it na DG na! God bless you too! Balitaan moko ha. :-)

01.19.18 -- Medicals

PTE Writing Tips

Essay synonyms

Packaging- case, wrap

@mycroft_holmes Thanks :-)

01.19.18 -- Medicals

PTE Writing Tips

Essay synonyms

Packaging- case, wrap

• Kaye28Kaye28 Singapore
    congrats sis @chococrinkle . So happy for you. :)

More blessings to you and your family. God bless!

233511 Industrial Engineer
    [75 points Age: 25 I Qualification: 15 I Exp: 15 I English: 20]

01/07/16: Started to read about OZ migration
    26/08/16: Book IELTS and self-review during off-days
    24/09/16: IELTS Exam
    07/10/16: IELTS Result Released (L7.5/R7.5/S6.5/W7) Failed :(
    -------------- Break due to Pregnancy -------------
    01/11/17: Submitted CDR + RSEA (Fast Track)
    17/11/17: EA positive
    -------------Break due to Family Matters -----------
    15/02/18: Booked PTE-A exam & Review
    23/02/18: PTE-A Exam (1st take)
    24/02/18: L81/R75/S81/W90 - Proficient (Thank you Lord! Push pa for Superior)
    08/03/18: Submitted EOI [189/190 : 65/70]
    10/03/18: Booked PTE-A exam & Review
    27/03/18: PTE-A Exam (2nd take)
    28/03/18: L90/R85/S85/W90 - Superior (Thank you Lord again)
    29/03/18: Updated EOI [189 I 75 points]
    04/04/18: ITA received (Thank you Lord once again)
    04/04/18: NBI clearance for hubby and myself (HIT- me! Released 20/04/18)
    12/04/18: Medical @ Nationwide (hubby and daughter)
    13/04/18: Health clearance provided - no action required (daughter - 8mo)
    16/04/18: Medical @ Point Medical Group (me)
    17/04/18: Medical @ Nationwide (son - 3yo)
    19/04/18: Health clearance provided - no action required (me)
    20/04/18: Health clearance provided - no action required (hubby)
    27/04/18: Health clearance provided - no action required (son-3yo with PTB history) Thank you Lord, we are all cleared!
    28/04/18: Visa Lodge (Thank You Lord :)
    28/08/18: Visa Grant (Thank You Lord!)

@Kaye28 thank you sis. :-)

01.19.18 -- Medicals

PTE Writing Tips

Essay synonyms

Packaging- case, wrap

• ali0522ali0522 philippines
    kamusta na po job hunting jan for engineers?
  • swish19swish19 Singapore
    @chococrinkle thanks for posting the cover letter sample. I'm using cover letter but probably the format is not ideal, as I'm receiving rejection letters. Will update using your format and hopefully it will give a boost to my applications.:)
  • MeggerMegger Sydney
    Musta mga job seekers.

312312 - (Electrical Engineering Technician) Primary

11/27/2015 - Lodge TRA assessment application
    02/26/2016 - Received TRA outcome letter
    04/19/2016 - lodge vetasses qualification assessment.
    05/20/2016- Received Vetassess PTA, AQF Bachelors Degree
    05/21/2016- Lodge SS for SA
    06/06/2016- Received ITA SS SA
    06/11/2016- Lodge SS for NSW
    06/27/2016- Received ITA SS NSW ( God is great! thank you Lord)
    07/14/2016- Medical Cleared
    07/31/2016- lodge ITA NSW
    08/05/2016- Uploaded NBI. Waiting.. In His time everything is right..,
    23/11/2016- Grant ( Thanks Lord God )

• superluckycloversuperluckyclover Melbourne, VIC
    Good luck sa lahat ng job seekers down under :)

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

261311 - Analyst Programmer | Age: 30 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Total: 80

Timeline:
    26 Oct 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Nov 2015 - The Eagle has landed
    02 Nov 2015 - First Day High
    15 Feb 2017 - Hubby and Bubba joined me in Melbourne
    01 Dec 2017 - Graduated Masters!
    21 Mar 2018 - Visa 485 Granted
    20 Feb 2019 - Sat NAATI CCL Exam in Adelaide
    21 Mar 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    23 Apr 2019 - Medicals Cleared - No actions required
    29 Apr 2019 - Submitted EOI for 189
    11 Jul 2019 - ITA received
    23 Jul 2019 - Lodged Visa 189! Speaking life over our PR application ♡
    04 Feb 2020 - CO Michael Contact (Asking for Evidence of NAATI CCL pass document, Status: Initial Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Responded to CO Contact, attached evidence of NAATI CCL documents (Status: Further Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Provided Compliment Feedback via DHA website
    06 Feb 2020 - Received Feedback Acknowledgement email from CO Sebastian
    06 Feb 2020 - Golden Visa Grant! PRAISE GOD!
    08 Apr 2022 - Received Citizenship Interview & Test Appointment letter
    27 Apr 2022 - Australian Citizenship by Conferral approved
    20 July 2022 - Australian Citizenship Oath Taking Whitehorse Council

• carlosaucarlosau Philippines
    @chococrinkle Good job. Thanks for the tips!

October 16, 2017 - Got first results of ACS. Wrong ANZCO, needed to reapply.
    December 11, 2017 - Took PTE. (L-78 | R-90 | S-90 | W-76)(Result = Proficient)
    Feb 28, 2018 - Reapplied for ACS 261313 (Software Engineer).
    April 17, 2018 - Got ACS results. (Result = Suitable)
    April 18, 2018 - Submitted EOI. (189 | 70 | 26313 Software
    Engineer)
    April 18, 2018 - Submitted EOI. (190 VIC | 70 + 5 | 26313 Software Engineer)
    May 5, 2018 - Submitted EOI. (190 NSW | 70 + 5 | 26313 Software Engineer)
    June 26 - PTE Retake. (L-77 | R-90 | S-90 | W-80) (Result = Proficient)
    July 3, 2018 - Submitted EOI. (190 QLD | 75 | 26313 Software Engineer)
    July 25, 2018 - QLD 190 INVITE.
    August 25, 2018 - Cancelled QLD pre-invite because no Job offer.
    Oct 1, 2018 - PTE Retake. (L-78 | R-80 | S-90 | W-81) (Result = Proficient)
    Oct 18, 2018 - PTE Retake. (L-81 | R-90 | S-90 | W-90) (Result = Superior)
    Oct 19, 2018 - EOI Update. (189 | 80 | 190 NSW / VIC | 80 + 5)
    Nov 10, 2018 - 189 INVITE.
    Nov 15, 2018 - NSW 190 INVITE.
    Nov 22, 2018 - Lodged VISA 189. Let's go!
    Nov 27, 2018 - VIC 190 INVITE.
    Nov 27, 2018 - Medicals done. Waiting game begins.
    Feb 11, 2019 - Direct Grant! Thank you Lord!
    Mar 5, 2019 - CFO
    Sep 26, 2019 - BIG MOVE! Thank you, Lord!
    Nov 14, 2019 - Finally landed a job!
    Dec 6, 2019 - Moved to a new house.

• superluckycloversuperluckyclover Melbourne, VIC
    Pinaka mahalagang tip sa paghahanap ng job sa Australia:

1. Networking (not the pyramiding scheme) - malaki ang chance matanggap if referred by someone working inside that company
    2. Personalised/customised ang CV at Cover Letter, huwag generic na pinapalitan lang ang Hiring Manager at Company Name, etc etc. (This works for bigger companies na nakakatanggap ng thousand to millions of job application kaya nira-run sa software tas kukunin lang yung top candidates, so KEYWORDS are very important)

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

261311 - Analyst Programmer | Age: 30 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Professional Year: 5 | Total: 80

Timeline:
    26 Oct 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Nov 2015 - The Eagle has landed
    02 Nov 2015 - First Day High
    15 Feb 2017 - Hubby and Bubba joined me in Melbourne
    01 Dec 2017 - Graduated Masters!
    21 Mar 2018 - Visa 485 Granted
    20 Feb 2019 - Sat NAATI CCL Exam in Adelaide
    21 Mar 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    23 Apr 2019 - Medicals Cleared - No actions required
    29 Apr 2019 - Submitted EOI for 189
    11 Jul 2019 - ITA received
    23 Jul 2019 - Lodged Visa 189! Speaking life over our PR application ♡
    04 Feb 2020 - CO Michael Contact (Asking for Evidence of NAATI CCL pass document, Status: Initial Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Responded to CO Contact, attached evidence of NAATI CCL documents (Status: Further Assessment)
    04 Feb 2020 - Provided Compliment Feedback via DHA website
    06 Feb 2020 - Received Feedback Acknowledgement email from CO Sebastian
    06 Feb 2020 - Golden Visa Grant! PRAISE GOD!
    08 Apr 2022 - Received Citizenship Interview & Test Appointment letter
    27 Apr 2022 - Australian Citizenship by Conferral approved
    20 July 2022 - Australian Citizenship Oath Taking Whitehorse Council

• ali0522ali0522 philippines
    @ENGINEER_SALESMAN paano po kayo kumontak ng head hunter?
  • seekerAUseekerAU KSA
    edited May 2019
    Hello job hunters sa NSW! Magandang araw po! para po sa mga naghahanap ng trabaho na tulad ko. Meron pong training n ino-offer ang NSW TAFE para sa mga bagong migrant. Kung wala kayo gagawin, try nyo magregister. LIBRE po ito. hehehe.

ito ung post sa linkedin
    https://linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6531407231399923712/

Good luck po! and God bless! Kitakits

• seekerAUseekerAU KSA
    edited May 2019
    Deleted

• MeggerMegger Sydney
    @seekerAU , saan ka sa NSW?

312312 - (Electrical Engineering Technician) Primary

11/27/2015 - Lodge TRA assessment application
    02/26/2016 - Received TRA outcome letter
    04/19/2016 - lodge vetasses qualification assessment.
    05/20/2016- Received Vetassess PTA, AQF Bachelors Degree
    05/21/2016- Lodge SS for SA
    06/06/2016- Received ITA SS SA
    06/11/2016- Lodge SS for NSW
    06/27/2016- Received ITA SS NSW ( God is great! thank you Lord)
    07/14/2016- Medical Cleared
    07/31/2016- lodge ITA NSW
    08/05/2016- Uploaded NBI. Waiting.. In His time everything is right..,
    23/11/2016- Grant ( Thanks Lord God )

Hi Guys, for those who was able to secure an interview, how do Aussies conduct interviews? Are they technical like here in the Philippines?

Engineer)
    Mar 5, 2019 - CFO

• seekerAUseekerAU KSA
    carlosau said:

Hi Guys, for those who was able to secure an interview, how do Aussies conduct interviews? Are they technical like here in the Philippines?

Usually ako ang tumatawag. hahaha. i'm not sure kung maconsider mo n interview din ito. One time may tumawag na recruiter so tanung lang xa kung alam mo un inaapplyan mo tpos un salary. hanggang dun pa lang ako.hahaha. so i can say na hindi technical ang recruiter. Un final interview, ewan ko lang. hahaha
  • batmanbatman Darwin Australia
    edited May 2019
    @carlosau usually behavioral and technical.
    Always apply star method in answering behavioral questions. Check in YouTube.
    Technical madali lang kong ano field mo at expert kana dun.

221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted the offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission.
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    09|02|19 - Big move
    11|02|19 - First job interview
    12|02|19 - Received a job offer
    13|02|19 - Accepted job offer
    13|08|19 - Accepted a new job offer - new employer
    16|10|20 - Started new job - a better opportunity
    01|01|21 - Started CPA Australia qualification
    10|02|21 - Lodged 887 visa application
    June 2021 - First CPA subject passed
    Nov 2021 - 2nd CPA Subject passed
    June 2022 - 3rd and 4th CPA subject passed
    Nov 2022 - 5th subject passed (failed the other one)
    Feb 2023 - PR visa granted
    June 2023 - Officially a CPA Australia member.
    July 2023 - Purchased a land where to build our home

• agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    +1 sa star method, they always ask situation-based question. Minsan naka-indicate sa position description iyong mga hinahanap nila sa applicant and they will base it from there.

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!

@agentKams @batman @seekerAU Thanks for the replies! Most of my interviews with Aussies are more on behavioral kahit highly technical yung field ko but they are my company's clients, not sure if direct.

Engineer)
    Mar 5, 2019 - CFO

• agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    @carlosau depende kasi kung sino ang magiinterview sayo. pag direct, their HR will ask you the usual questions + behavioural. If you progress to next stage, either iyong direct supervisor/manager ang maginterview sayo and ask questions on what your skills are, minsan panel interview pa iyan. They ask behavioral question kasi they will gauge how will you fit in sa organisation culture nila.

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!

• nicnacnicnac Philippines
    Sharing my job hunting experience..

Nag apply ako sa seek, indeed before lumipad sa Au. Luckily, 1 week before ako lumipad, meron nagpost sa Pinoys in Melbourne na FB group looking for network engineer. Sabi ng hiring manager magsubmit daw ako thru seek. Tinawagan ako ng HR nung nasa Pinas palang to schedule an interview. May 2 flight ko. May 3 interview then humingi na sila references. May 6 tinawagan references ko. May 7, i got the job offer na. :)

Apply lang ng apply sa seek and indeed. Madami naman tatawag sayo, pero gusto nila na personally nasa Au ka na.

ANZSCO 263312 - Telecommunications Network Engineer 75 points | Visa 189 | Age: 27 - 30pts | English Exam - 20pts | Work Exp 5yrs - 10pts | Educ - 15 pts

01.30.18 - Took PTE-A Exam
    02.06.18 - Received PTE-A Exam Results. L82 R83 S90 W71 -- 10 points
    02.07.18 - Prepared CDR for EA
    03.05.18 - Submitted docs to EA. Fast track.
    04.04.18 - PTE-A Exam 2nd take
    04.05.18 - PTE-A Results. L78 R90 S90 W77 :(
    04.17.18 - Received feedback from EA asking for additional docs
    04.18.18 - Provided additional docs
    04.23.18 - Received positive assessment outcome from EA
    05.02.18 - Took PTE-A Exam 3RD TAKE
    05.02.18 - PTE-A results received within the day! SUPERIOR!! L86 R83 S90 W86 -- 20 points
    05.04.18 - Lodge EOI 75 points
    05.09.18 - received ITA
    05.23.18 - visa lodged
    06.04.18 - Medical at St. Luke's BGC
    06.07.18 - Health Clearance Provided: no action required
    09.08.18 - Got CO contact asking for De Facto's US Police Clearance - FBI
    09.18.18 - Provided FBI Clearance
    10.08.18 - Grant received

• KIKOKIKO Melborn
    March 2017 : PR was granted

March 2017 --> June 2018 : Checked my email sent items, almost 300++ applications submitted .

March 2017 --> June 2018 : Only 5 reverted back, Skype interview. Final interviews, I did not made it :(

July 2018 : Big Move to Melbourne (job less, just some savings and balls/gutts)

July 2018 : 2 interviews, first one I failed after Final Interview. The other one, waiting...

August 2019 : I got the 2nd interview, with permanent offer :)

Sa mga nawawalan ng pag-asa ibibigay yan in perfect time.
    Nakakafrustrate. Don't listen to others just believe in yourself.
    Goodluck sa lahat!

Update as of 31 Jan 2019

2019 Jan 25 - Drivers Licence (First Attempt) Thank you bossing!!

2018 Nov 22 : Wife Job Hunting commences!!!

2018 Nov 21 : APHRA Registered Nurse - Division 1 (Wifey) Thank you bossing!!

2018 Oct 15 : Wifey completion of IRON and submission of AGBP-40.

2018 Aug 15 : Husband First Day of Work Thank you bossing!!!

2018 Jul 23 : Wifey 1st Day of Classes IRON (ACFE).

2018 Jul 19 : Tenancy Bond Agreement Signing!! Thank you bossing!!!

2018 Jul 11 : Big Move to Melbourne, Australia. Stayed with brother's family for 10 days.

2018 Jun 29 : Last Day of Work (Singapore) -- Thank you bossing!!!

2017 May 15 : Wifey enrolment to ACFE -- Thank you bossing!!!

2017 Dec 23 - Wifey PTE (L-69,R-72,S-85,W-69) - Take 1 Yehey! (Nursing)

2017 Sep 17 : Returned to Singapore.

2017 Sep 14 : Initial Entry (Melbourne)

2017 Sep 04 : PR Visa 189 Grant!!! 3 of us!! Thank you Bossing!!!

2017 Mar 03 : Lodge & Payment (Me,Wifey & Baby - Yehey)

2017 Feb 15 : ITA - 189 (Software Engineer - Yehey)

2016 Dec 22 : EOI Submission

2016 Dec 20 : PTE (L-72,R-67,S-79,W-79) - Take 1 Yehey!

2016 Sep 24 : Positive Assessment from ACS - Software Engineer :)

2012 Jan 1 : Started to collect Employment Certificates / Plans of Migration to Australia

Thank you Bossing!!!