Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

OET combined scores for PR

johnnydapperjohnnydapper AustraliaPosts: 175Member
Hi! I took my OET last June 2018 but obtained Listening - B
Reading- B
Speaking- B
Writing- C+

so I retook Writing ONLY and finally got a "B". I used this result to become a nurse in New Zealand and now I am also registered as a nurse in AHPRA/NMBA under trans-tasman. I am now waiting for my LOD from ANMAC to arrive.

My question is, once I am ready for SkillSelect and 189 Visa application, will my combined OET scores be acceptable to DIBP even though I only took the writing subtest?

Thank you!

EOI: July 1,2019 with 75 points SA Registered Nurse
Invite: October 3, 2019
Lodge: October 17, 2019
Direct Grant: December 3, 2019

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Reading- B

Speaking- B

Writing- C+

so I retook Writing ONLY and finally got a "B". I used this result to become a nurse in New Zealand and now I am also registered as a nurse in AHPRA/NMBA under trans-tasman. I am now waiting for my LOD from ANMAC to arrive.

My question is, once I am ready for SkillSelect and 189 Visa application, will my combined OET scores be acceptable to DIBP even though I only took the writing subtest?

Thank you!

For registration purposes, combined scores are acceptable( provided no score in both test lower than C) but if you are claiming points for english ability in your 189 visa application,it isnt acceptable. Same with other english test, DHA doest accept combination of scores from different test to claim points for english ability. This is what i know, ask DHA to confirm.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Reading- B

Speaking- B

Writing- C+

Thank you!

I've checked skillselect-EOI. When entering english test scores, you will also indicate the reference number Of your test result and there is no option of entering 2 ref numbers.
  • johnnydapperjohnnydapper Australia
    I emailed them and waiting for their reply. Posted this message on a facebook forum and 3 persons messaged me that it's possible as they already did it before.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Perth, WA
    Possible for ANMAC application but not with EOI.
    Confirmed with skillselect that it's apppicable. Fyi

• oecdenisoecdenis Posts: 4Member

I am trying find out the answer too. I have tired to contact the visa centre, immigration advisor and even Australia department of affair general enquiry, non of them can give me a 100% sure answer. It's is really frustrating. @johnnydapper can you please forward skillselect's contact details. Thank you very much.

You can use combined OET scores.

EOI : July 16
    ITA : October 1
    Lodge: October 17

• oecdenisoecdenis Posts: 4Member

@johnnydapper thanks for sharing the rely from skillselect. It's very helpful.

• JekfireJekfire New Zealand

@johnnydapper Clear ko lang po. So it means nkpgclaim po kau ng extra 10 points for proficient english by combining scores po for your visa 189? Maraming salamat po sa sasagot. Godbless

ANZSCO 441212
    ANZSCO 251312

15 August 2016-- Lodged VETASSESS
    6 Sept 2016-- Positive result from VETASSESS
    8 October 2016-- IELTS result: L:7.5 R:6.5 W:6.5 S:6.5 Overall- 7
    6 November 2016--EOI lodged WA (60 pts including SS)
    7 November 2016--EOI lodged in Any state (60 pts including SS)
    4 January 2017-- Received ITA from WA
    1 February 2017-- Invitation expired due to unable to comply job offer letter.
    2 February 2017-- Created separate EOI for WA and NSW
    3 February 2017-- EOI 190 (WA) withdrawn due to skill not available
    4 February 2017-- Separate EOI lodge in NSW
    3 March 2017-- Preparing documents for change occupation and planning to submit again for VETASSESS
    4 November 2017-- Waiting for ANZSCO 441212 to open