Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

question about CFO seminar

elena05elena05 MelbournePosts: 288Member
edited March 2013 in Family and Partner Visas
Hello po, im just curious kung pede po bang magtake ng seminar kahit po ala pang visa grant??

thanks po.. :)

05-11-2012: lodged visa application
06-11-2012: confirmation from diac
07-11-2012: medical
04-02-2013: co allocated
05-02-2013: passed additional docs
10-04-2013: thank you GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! visa grant!!

Comments

• TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    Hello po, im just curious kung pede po bang magtake ng seminar kahit po ala pang visa grant??

thanks po.. :)
    no you can't... grant letter is part of the main requirement.

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

• elena05elena05 Melbourne
    @psychoboy thank you po.. :)

05-11-2012: lodged visa application
    06-11-2012: confirmation from diac
    07-11-2012: medical
    04-02-2013: co allocated
    05-02-2013: passed additional docs
    10-04-2013: thank you GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! visa grant!!

• orrightfellaorrightfella Adelaide
    Thats not right. You can take the seminar and you will get the certificate but you will have to go back AFTER visa grant to get the sticker in your passport.
    The question is, do you want to go to the CFO office to do the seminar and get the certificate AND then go back again after visa grant to get the sticker affixed to your passport?
    Thats not right. You can take the seminar and you will get the certificate but you will have to go back AFTER visa grant to get the sticker in your passport.
    The question is, do you want to go to the CFO office to do the seminar and get the certificate AND then go back again after visa grant to get the sticker affixed to your passport?
    check your facts @orrightfella - visa grant letter is part and parcel of the requirements of CFO. :)

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139

check your facts @orrightfella - visa grant letter is part and parcel of the requirements of CFO. :)

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139
    My apologies if I translated the question incorrectly but I thought Elena asked if she could take the seminar before being granted her visa. So is that what Elena asked? Because if it is then she can take the seminar before being granted the visa. What she cannot get is the CFO sticker in her passport- thats what she will need the visa grant letter for. My facts aren't questionable, my translation from Filipino to English may be but not my facts ;)
  • LakiMaselLakiMasel Perth

My apologies if I translated the question incorrectly but I thought Elena asked if she could take the seminar before being granted her visa. So is that what Elena asked? Because if it is then she can take the seminar before being granted the visa. What she cannot get is the CFO sticker in her passport- thats what she will need the visa grant letter for. My facts aren't questionable, my translation from Filipino to English may be but not my facts ;)
    Sa naexperience ko nung nagpunta kami doon, there is a couple na hindi pinatuloy dahil walang grant letter na dala. Nagpa-print pa tuloy sila doon sa isang computer rentals na malapit doon. Pero siguro pwede nga walang grant letter pero mas maige magtanong na lang sa CFO kung pwede.

Sa naexperience ko nung nagpunta kami doon, there is a couple na hindi pinatuloy dahil walang grant letter na dala. Nagpa-print pa tuloy sila doon sa isang computer rentals na malapit doon. Pero siguro pwede nga walang grant letter pero mas maige magtanong na lang sa CFO kung pwede.

From the CFO site (under the heading 'Important Notes:')- You may avail of the Guidance and Counseling Session even while you are still processing or waiting for your visa. If such is the case, you will only be issued the GCC. Once your visa is released, you will return to CFO to continue with your registration. The CFO sticker will then be affixed on your passport.
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

• hotshothotshot Sydney
    @orrightfella : hindi po ba applicable lang to sa mga fiance/spouse/partners of foreigners?

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

@orrightfella : hindi po ba applicable lang to sa mga fiance/spouse/partners of foreigners?
    @hotshot : my understanding is this particular seminar is for partners of foreign nationals only. The little reading I have done on the CFO site is that there is another, shorter orientation seminar for Filipino immigrants, OFW's etc.
  • hotshothotshot Sydney
    @orrightfella : i mean, yung sinasabi na pwedeng mag-seminar kahit wala pang visa grant as stated dun sa "Important Notes" sa link na binigay nyo...applicable lang po yata for partners ng foreigners. pero yung seminar na pang mga migrants talaga, nakalagay sa requirements na kelangan ang visa grant letter.

May 21 2012 - lodged visa 176 (NSW) online application
    May 30 2012 - CO allocation
    Jul 16 2012 - Visa Granted! (IED Deadline: May 16, 2013)
    Jan 19 2013 - Arrived in Sydney
    Jan 20 2013 - Started our job hunt
    Mar 11 2013 - Officially became a "HOUSE-BAND" :)
    Apr 22 2013 - End of my "HOUSE-BAND" career :)

• JanChloeJanChloe Sydney
    question po, pag 475 visa , d n po ba kelangan ng CFO seminar
    @hotshot Sorry but thats too much Filipino for me :) I am Australian and my wife is a Filipina and I know a few words and am able to guess some things when English is included but what you have written is beyond my understanding. Can you please write again in English so I am able to reply :) Thanks.
  • jayralvarezjayralvarez Adelaide
    Hello! I have a concern regarding the CFO seminar. Since I intend to attend the CFO seminar in Cebu this Wednesday 22 May, but I don't have a Visa yet though I have lodged my application already. Is it possible to attend the CFO seminar and just get the GCC? That's how I understand what's written on the CFO site, but I'm quite uncertain. I'm applying for Partner Visa Subclass 309. Please advise. :) Any comments would be much appreciated.

Partner Visa - Spouse Subclass 309(No agent)

08 May 13 - Booked for Courier Pick-up (from Iloilo)
    10 May 13 - Application picked up by Air 21
    14 May 13 - Application received by Australian Embassy Manila
    18 May 13 - Received Acknowledgement Letter (Requested to undertake Medical Examination & to file request for NSO copies of Birth Cert. and Marriage Cert.)
    22 May 13 - Medical Examination Done at NHSI - Cebu
    29 May 13 - Received an email from NSO confirming that docs requested were received by VIAC
    01 July 13 - CO allocated as confirmed by CSR from the Immigration (No details)
    14 Nov 13 - Spouse Visa (309) Granted
    12 Jan 14 - Arrival in Adelaide

** In God's Perfect Time **

Hello! I have a concern regarding the CFO seminar. Since I intend to attend the CFO seminar in Cebu this Wednesday 22 May, but I don't have a Visa yet though I have lodged my application already. Is it possible to attend the CFO seminar and just get the GCC? That's how I understand what's written on the CFO site, but I'm quite uncertain. I'm applying for Partner Visa Subclass 309. Please advise. :) Any comments would be much appreciated.
    Think you need a visa first before you undergo any CFO seminar...

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @jayralvarez.. As u are applying on partners visa, pwde kna mag undergo for seminar even u are still waiting for ur visa grant.. here is the link.
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140&Itemid=917

But if u are applying on a skilled migrant visa, need tlaga ung visa grant notice bago mkapagseminar.. Here is the link..
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347:for-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139:pre-departure-orientation-seminar&Itemid=917

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)

Thank you @nfronda & @psychoboy :)

Yes. I'm applying for Partner Visa @nfronda. I have a follow-up question, do you think pwede na sa Cebu CFO ako mag-attend ng seminar then sa Manila CFO ako kukuha ng sticker if ever? Or needed ba na same CFO office yung seminar & registration (sticker)? I'll be having kasi my Medical Examination sa Cebu tomorrow kaya I intend nalang din to attend the CFO seminar on Wednesday afternoon habang nasa Cebu pa ako.

18 May 13 - Received Acknowledgement Letter (Requested to undertake Medical Examination & to file request for NSO copies of Birth Cert. and Marriage Cert.)
    29 May 13 - Received an email from NSO confirming that docs requested were received by VIAC

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @jayralvarez..I'm not really sure if pwede un..Sorry, I can't answer ur question..

But, I may ask where's ur location at the moment? Cebu or Manila?? Coz I'm just wondering lg na sa Cebu ka mgpamedical and mag CFO seminar and later on sa Manila ka mgpaparegster..

18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.

@nfronda Iloilo po. Sa Cebu po ako papa-Medical kasi yun yung malapit at doon rin nagpamedical yung wife ko dati. I was wondering lang if pwede sa Manila kukuha ng sticker kasi naisip ko na baka pwede ko makuha yung sticker the day before my flight if ever. Yun lang po. I just want to know all the possibilities regarding sa pag-attend ng CFO seminar at pagkuha ng sticker. :)

• nalookanalooka Brisbane
    Is it required to all immigrant visa holder? What will happen if someone failed to have the seminar and sticker? Will they still be allowed to travel to Australia? Thanks in advance

Jan 2012 - ACS
    Feb 2012 - IELTS
    ...nagpakabusy sa work and ipon pambayad ng visa
    28 Jan 2013 - Submitted EOI
    4 Feb 2013 - Received Invitation (189)
    21 Feb 2013 - Lodged Visa application
    6 Apr 2013 - CO Requested Medical, PCC, tax/bank statement (Team 34)
    10 Apr 2013 - Medical at St. Luke's
    12 Apr 2013 - Bank statement
    15 Apr 2013 - NBI
    18 Apr 2013 - Emailed CO that requested docs were all uploaded
    19 Apr 2013 - Visa 1890Grant!!!!
    26 Oct 2013 - Arrived in AU
    19 Nov 2017 - Submitted Citizenship application
    26 Sep 2018 - Citizenship interview & exam. application = Finalised
    14 Nov 2018 - Citizenship Ceremony

• nfrondanfronda Perth
    @nalooka..Yes poh..kailangan po talaga yan.. Sa NAIA pa lg, mahaharang kna ng immigration ksi one of the requirements yan..

Thank you @nfronda & @psychoboy :)

Yes. I'm applying for Partner Visa @nfronda. I have a follow-up question, do you think pwede na sa Cebu CFO ako mag-attend ng seminar then sa Manila CFO ako kukuha ng sticker if ever? Or needed ba na same CFO office yung seminar & registration (sticker)? I'll be having kasi my Medical Examination sa Cebu tomorrow kaya I intend nalang din to attend the CFO seminar on Wednesday afternoon habang nasa Cebu pa ako.
    If I may suggest... You can call directly the CFO office and ask your question.

They would be in the very best position to answer it. :)

• rika24rika24 Quezon City
    Last year nag attend ako ng cfo seminar kasi ngpalit ako ng surname gamit ang husband surname. Wala naman problem pero pag kukuha na ng sticker kailabgan na ang visa.
  • rika24rika24 Quezon City
    Last year wala pa akong visa and hndi pa ako nakapaglodge non
  • kookie420kookie420 Sydney
    @jayralvarez, afaik, they give the sticker right away after the seminar. kasi pag nag register ka, nasa kanila na yung passport mo then ibibigay nalang nila after the seminar.
  • catseye12catseye12 Sydney
    Done with CFO, hirap pro masaya ang group namin, got the certificate but ang sticker since wala pa ako visa grant pwede na sa airport kunin terminal 1 and 3..

June 05 - Application lodged Partners Visa Subclass 309 VIA Centre
    June 11 - received acknowledgement email from DIAC
    July 08 - Medicals done, additional documents submitted VIA
    July 11 - Additional documents submitted, NSO BC and MC
    Aug 19 - CO allocated

Waiting.....

• shrek43shrek43 Adelaide
    Hi...requirement po ba ang PDOS certificate for CFO seminar and sticker? Thanks

July 01, 2012 - Start Preparing of Documents
    Aug 4, 2012 - IELTS Exam (L-6.5, S-7.5, R-8.5, W-6.5, TBS-7.5)
    Dec 01, 2012 - Submitted EA Skills Assessment
    April 11, 2013 - Received Positive Skills Assessment from EA (233111 Chemical Engineer)
    July 02, 2013 - Submitted EOI and Apply for SA State Sponsorship
    July 03, 2013 - Received invitation from DIAC to apply for VISA 190
    July 08, 2013 - Lodgement of VISA 190 to DIAC
    July 15, 2013 - Send mail to NBI and medical exam
    Aug 02, 2013 - Got my Indonesia Police Clearance
    Aug 05, 2013 - Completed my medical exam
    Aug 06, 2013 - Received e-mail from CO (team 7)
    Aug 12, 2013 - Uploaded Police Clearance - Indonesia
    Aug 20, 2013 - Uploaded Police Clearance - Philippines
    Aug 20, 2013 - VISA granted!!!!! Thank you God!
    IED: July 25, 2014
    Planned Date of Arrival: January 20, 2014

Hi...requirement po ba ang PDOS certificate for CFO seminar and sticker? Thanks
    CFO Seminar and PDOS are one and the same I believe; kailangan mo makakuha nito before you will get your sticker...

• shrek43shrek43 Adelaide
    @TasBurrfoot thanks Sir..ganun po ba hehehe...dati kasi ay ng-PDOS seminar na ako kaya lang PDOS certificate lng binigay sa akin, walang CFO sticker para sa passport ko..kaya nalilito me hehe

July 01, 2012 - Start Preparing of Documents
    Aug 4, 2012 - IELTS Exam (L-6.5, S-7.5, R-8.5, W-6.5, TBS-7.5)
    Dec 01, 2012 - Submitted EA Skills Assessment
    April 11, 2013 - Received Positive Skills Assessment from EA (233111 Chemical Engineer)
    July 02, 2013 - Submitted EOI and Apply for SA State Sponsorship
    July 03, 2013 - Received invitation from DIAC to apply for VISA 190
    July 08, 2013 - Lodgement of VISA 190 to DIAC
    July 15, 2013 - Send mail to NBI and medical exam
    Aug 02, 2013 - Got my Indonesia Police Clearance
    Aug 05, 2013 - Completed my medical exam
    Aug 06, 2013 - Received e-mail from CO (team 7)
    Aug 12, 2013 - Uploaded Police Clearance - Indonesia
    Aug 20, 2013 - Uploaded Police Clearance - Philippines
    Aug 20, 2013 - VISA granted!!!!! Thank you God!
    IED: July 25, 2014
    Planned Date of Arrival: January 20, 2014

@TasBurrfoot thanks Sir..ganun po ba hehehe...dati kasi ay ng-PDOS seminar na ako kaya lang PDOS certificate lng binigay sa akin, walang CFO sticker para sa passport ko..kaya nalilito me hehe
    I meant PDOS seminar above...

Having said that, believe that is sufficient but you still probably need the sticker to be placed. Best to give them a call. First hand info is always best!

• nalookanalooka Brisbane
    I had a friend na nag initial entry na and hindi sya hinanapan ng sticker, enough na sa immigration ung visa grant letter nun. Pero kumuha na rin ako CFO sticker para walang abala sa immigration in case mahigpit ang natapatan ko.

Ang taas ng bangketa sa CFO, nahirapan ako magpark kase lowered kotse ko tsk tsk.

Jan 2012 - ACS
    Feb 2012 - IELTS
    ...nagpakabusy sa work and ipon pambayad ng visa
    28 Jan 2013 - Submitted EOI
    4 Feb 2013 - Received Invitation (189)
    21 Feb 2013 - Lodged Visa application
    6 Apr 2013 - CO Requested Medical, PCC, tax/bank statement (Team 34)
    10 Apr 2013 - Medical at St. Luke's
    12 Apr 2013 - Bank statement
    15 Apr 2013 - NBI
    18 Apr 2013 - Emailed CO that requested docs were all uploaded
    19 Apr 2013 - Visa 1890Grant!!!!
    26 Oct 2013 - Arrived in AU
    19 Nov 2017 - Submitted Citizenship application
    26 Sep 2018 - Citizenship interview & exam. application = Finalised
    14 Nov 2018 - Citizenship Ceremony