Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Single Parent

snowhit3snowhit3 DubaiPosts: 7Member
edited May 2013 in Family Matters
hi...

just wanted to know sa mga forumers kung meron na bang nakapag-migrate na single parent sa inyo?
did you bring your child during your settlement with you?
both me and my kiddo have visas na, however kinda scared to take that leap. nag-iipon ng lakas ng loob pa. hopefully, makayanan ang kaba and fly to Aus by January 2014.
i know it will be extremely difficult to go there, look for a job and care for my kiddo at the same time. however, thinking about it, parang hindi ko rin naman kaya kayang iwan in the Philippines. we get by in here dahil sa nanny kaya wala rin namang mag-aalaga sa kanya dito kapag iniwan ko. :(
sigh.. i need some moral support and advices. my kiddo's going to be 6 1/2 y/o by that time.

thanks

Comments

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @snowhit3 - hi.. welcome to the forum..

based sa mga nabasa ko dito... yun nga mahirap pag may kasamang kids na kailangan pang alagaan... especially kung wala kayong relatives sa AU..

-paghahanap pa lang ng bahay, mahirap na..
    -at pati day care ay may waiting list din daw..

so ang suggestions ng iba, iwan muna ang kids sa pinas..
    pag settled na, bahay/work.. madali ng kunin ang kids..

or baka hindi mo nmn na pala kailangan ng daycare.. pwede na sguro grade 1 by that time..
    goodluck..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• xtine99xtine99 Sydney
    I suggest, find a place first for you and your child, if child is not a school age child yet, better bring someone with you like a relative for visit visa to look after your child. Your accommodation should be willing to accommodate you, your child and one more. It helps to bring your child here as they can receive family payment straight away which can help in your means to live here.
  • snowhit3snowhit3 Dubai
    Thanks sa replies @lock_code2004 & @xtine99....
    Grade 1 na nga yata sya dyan based on his age. dito kasi sa pinas, makaka-kalahati nya ang Grade 1 by December. yun lang, ayon sa nababasa ko, ang school timing ay 8ish to somewhere 2ish.. so, yun lang ang window ko to look for work.
    Goodluck na lang na meron akong makitang work na ganun lang ang timing. hehe.

By the way, possible ba yung mag-apply ng visit visa ang relative kung sabay lang na aalis together with the migrants? may nakagawa na kaya nun sa mga forumers?
  • TasBurrfootTasBurrfoot Osaka
    By the way, possible ba yung mag-apply ng visit visa ang relative kung sabay lang na aalis together with the migrants? may nakagawa na kaya nun sa mga forumers?
    A visit visa or tourist visa is indepedent from the PR visa that you are currently holding...

Your relative can apply for a tourist visa anytime as long as they can be able to satisfy the requirements.

Primary Applicant: Wife
    Accountant (General): 221111

04 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module)
    07 Aug 2012 - IELTS (Academic Module) Speaking Part
    17 Aug 2012 - IELTS Results (L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 S: 7.5 OBS: 8.0)
    24 Aug 2012 - CPAA Submitted (docs mailed same day via SG EMS)
    25 Sep 2012 - Received +Skills Assessment from CPAA
    25 Sep 2012 - Lodged EOI Application with 70pts
    30 Sep 2012 - Invited by DIAC to apply for 189 Visa
    01 Oct 2012 - Submitted 189 Visa Application
    20 Oct 2012 - Medical Examinations
    23 Oct 2012 - CO Assigned; Team 7 - SA
    05 Nov 2012 - Submitted SG PCC and NBI Clearance
    06 Nov 2012 - Visa Granted (IED: 23/10/2013)
    03 Apr 2013 - Flight to MEL
    03 Jun 2013 - started work
    12 Jun 2013 - wife started work
    15 Jun 2016 - applied for citizenship
    29 Jul 2016 - citizenship examination
    20 Oct 2016 - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!

• xtine99xtine99 Sydney
    Thanks sa replies @lock_code2004 & @xtine99....
    Grade 1 na nga yata sya dyan based on his age. dito kasi sa pinas, makaka-kalahati nya ang Grade 1 by December. yun lang, ayon sa nababasa ko, ang school timing ay 8ish to somewhere 2ish.. so, yun lang ang window ko to look for work.
    Goodluck na lang na meron akong makitang work na ganun lang ang timing. hehe.

If he is a school age child, the more that you do not have to worry when u come here, as long as u have an accomodation. Your child will straight away be enrolled in any school of your preference. Primary school time starts at 9 till 3 pm. Between those times, you can look for work and attend interviews. When you find a job, depending on your work time, you can put the child on before and after school care. You will still be entitled to concession and rebate for child care costs probably. Still you will still be receiving family payments which will help on the costs of your living here. You also would not need to bring any relative.

• xtine99xtine99 Sydney
    You can initially enrol your child in public school where you do not have to pay anything except that you have to buy uniform, bag and hat. Not really that expensive. They will be given a one off school bonus to cover the costs of their expenses in school needs.
  • xtine99xtine99 Sydney
    Sometimes for new migrants, to bring a child here makes life easier as they get family payments which help in the costs of living for food and other needs. But I suggest before you come here make sure that your accomodation allows 2 person in one room so that you do not need to spend too much. Until that time, that you find a job and get familiarize, you can move out and find a place of your own.
  • xtine99xtine99 Sydney
    A visit visa or tourist visa is indepedent from the PR visa that you are currently holding...

Your relative can apply for a tourist visa anytime as long as they can be able to satisfy the requirements.
    Yes it is possible especially that you are a single mother, you can bring with you your mother or sister or whoever as the Oz immigration in manila would understand your situation. Straight away they may grant it. But if I were you, as your child is already a school age child, I do not think that it is necessary to bring someone with you to look after him. In the first place it may be difficult and expensive for you to find accomodation for three people in one room unless you are able to get your own apartment.
  • AiwinkAiwink Melbourne
    Sometimes for new migrants, to bring a child here makes life easier as they get family payments which help in the costs of living for food and other needs. But I suggest before you come here make sure that your accomodation allows 2 person in one room so that you do not need to spend too much. Until that time, that you find a job and get familiarize, you can move out and find a place of your own.
    I agree. Usually yung mga room share is ayaw nila ng may bata. Ang nangyari smen, we need to rent he whole place. Wala kse kme ng kilala talaga dito sa WA. Nag hostel kme tapes naghanap ng house.

And I agree rin na maybe you can apply for a tourist visa sa is ang kamag anak na puede kang tulungan magalaga until you can settle down Kung ayaw mo talagang iwan.

Pero, pinakaimportante, kudos to you kse malakas ang loob mo. Just raising a child on your own is courage enough. Kayang kaya mo yan! Pag dito ka sa WA napadpad tutulungan Kita. Cheers!

Here is my timeline with fees incurred :) 2012
    April 21- IELTS Passed (British Council Sg S$310)/ April-March -requirements for VETASSES, CTC 4 copies,DHL etc. (S$600)/March 19- Apply VETASSES online ($1150 aud)/June 06, 2012 - VETASSES (Architectural Draftsman) feedback positive /August 08- Apply EOI visa 190 at 70 points/September 11- Resubmit EOI (Was asked to change EOI form)/November 22- Apply for SS in WA (arch draftsman still available)/November 22- Resubmit EOI (changed the State from Victoria to WA)/December 05- Initial Contact by DIAC saying WA is interested./December 07- WA SS approved December 10- DIAC Invitation received (1 week down ecomm) December 14- Lodged Visa $3050aud (plus technical issues of ecom visa was "lodged" December 21 daw)/ Dec 28 - Medicals (frontload)/January 8 -CO Assigned/January 23-PCC/ JANUARY 23---VISA GRANT!!!!!!!!!!

• snowhit3snowhit3 Dubai
    wow, dami kong natutunan sa replies nyo! @psychoboy @xtine99 @aiwink ..:) thanks!

with all your replies, i might go ahead with moving to Aus with my kiddo talaga. we'll explore Australia together. mas masarap ma-get lost ng may kasama. hehe. hindi talaga ako sanay na hindi kasama ang anak ko kasi. since am a working mom, kapag off sa trabaho ay kami ang buddies sa pag-stroll sa mall. ang daldal kasi, hindi ako naiinip. :)

problemahin ko na nga muna yung accommodation namin initially. then, chill-chill, explore until we can have a new place of our own. kapag meron na, then i'll put him into public school. hindi na muna siguro kami magsama ng relative kasi added expense rin sa amin yun. mag-practice na lang muna ako na walang nanny to help me. tapos, while he's at school ay mag-hanap ako ng work.

kapag hindi talaga kinaya, dun na lang ako mag-plan B and ask for help sa relative. hehe.

@aiwink, sa WA kami! :) anong hostel ang nakuha nyo, if you don't mind? how long did you stay in the hostel until you find a more permanent place to settle in? did you send out inquiries sa mga agents even before you fly to Aus? madali bang kumuha ng place to live in and comply with the requirements kahit wala pang work? thanks again!
  • AiwinkAiwink Melbourne
    @snowhit3 sa malibu apartment kme. malapit lang yun sa city. mga 100 siguro per day kse apartelle na sya. hindi nyo kailangan bumili ng gamit.
    two weeks kmeng nag apartelle.

medyo mahirap makahanap ng for rent sa agency kse kailangan nila ng payslips, referals, nakaswerte lang kme sa gumtree na may for rent na buong bahay. and since wala kmeng referal and job so ang ginawa namin para maconsoder kme nagbayad kme ng 6 months advance.

email mo ako para matulungan kita pag dating mo dito. sayang meron sana akong available room ngayon eh.

Here is my timeline with fees incurred :) 2012
    April 21- IELTS Passed (British Council Sg S$310)/ April-March -requirements for VETASSES, CTC 4 copies,DHL etc. (S$600)/March 19- Apply VETASSES online ($1150 aud)/June 06, 2012 - VETASSES (Architectural Draftsman) feedback positive /August 08- Apply EOI visa 190 at 70 points/September 11- Resubmit EOI (Was asked to change EOI form)/November 22- Apply for SS in WA (arch draftsman still available)/November 22- Resubmit EOI (changed the State from Victoria to WA)/December 05- Initial Contact by DIAC saying WA is interested./December 07- WA SS approved December 10- DIAC Invitation received (1 week down ecomm) December 14- Lodged Visa $3050aud (plus technical issues of ecom visa was "lodged" December 21 daw)/ Dec 28 - Medicals (frontload)/January 8 -CO Assigned/January 23-PCC/ JANUARY 23---VISA GRANT!!!!!!!!!!

• snowhit3snowhit3 Dubai
    @aiwink... thanks! got it! :) maghanap-hanap na lang ako ng accommodation by december siguro. parang sobrang aga kapag mag-i-inquire na ako ngayon??

sayang nga! sana by January, meron ka ulet available na room. :)
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    Just remember never ever pay anyone without seeing the house first. Bawal yan and most likely scam. Apartelle muna im sure pwding advance booking by law 2-3 weeks rent lng dapat bayaran. I wont suggest na mag bayad more than that kasi if may problema sa place or ibang place ka maka find ng work baka hassle na.

Backpackers d din lahat payag may below 10 yrs old na bata and not very safe din.

Personally advocate ako na ma una adults before kids kasi d easy mag settle down and job hunting. Pero nasa diskarte lng yan. Good luck sa move nyo mag-ina:)
  • snowhit3snowhit3 Dubai
    @li_i_ren, thanks for the heads-up regarding renting a unit. i actually encountered the same "scam" modus operandi and luckily did not fall into it.
  • solsol Adelaide
    @snowhit3 hi...m a single mom also nd just wanna asks kung kumusta po yung pag move nyo s aus?dinala nyo po ba agad baby nio or kayo nauna? M asking po kc we have the same situation,my baby nd I got our PR visa,but m planning na sabay kami pumunta aus pro aftr a month uuwi baby ko with her lola,purpose lng ng pagpunta nya para m activate visa niya.
  • aristlearistle Melbourne
    Anong age po bago pwede mag kindergarten? 5 years old?
    Hi single mom could you share your experience? I'll be moving with a 5yr old kiddo
  • inwayahinwayah Perth
    @aristle hi pag 5 years old, sa pre- primary siya then year 1 after. I have a 6 year old daughter pero naginitial entry lang kami then inuwi ko din habang hanap muna ako work dito.
  • netzkeenetnetzkeenet Sydney
    @snowhit3 hi...m a single mom also nd just wanna asks kung kumusta po yung pag move nyo s aus?dinala nyo po ba agad baby nio or kayo nauna? M asking po kc we have the same situation,my baby nd I got our PR visa,but m planning na sabay kami pumunta aus pro aftr a month uuwi baby ko with her lola,purpose lng ng pagpunta nya para m activate visa niya.
    hi sis ask ko lang kumuha ka pa ba ng consent sa father ng baby para ma grant xa ng visa? ty :)

26.05.12 - IELTS Academic (L-8.5, R-7, S-7, W-7, OBS-7.5)
    31.05.13 to 25.08.13 - Bridging Program for Nurses
    04.09.13 - Registered with AHPRA
    12.12.13 - Lodged Skills assessment ANMAC
    17.03.14 - Positive skills assessment (Registered Nurse: Medical)
    29.03.14 - Lodged SS SA and EOI
    07.04.14 - NBI clearance
    01.05.14 - Approved SS SA and Invited to Apply for 190
    02.06.14 - Lodged visa application 190 and uploaded docs
    10.06.14 - Medicals at Nationwide
    15.09.14 - Direct Grant 190 visa (IED: June 10, 2015)
    22.10.14 - Touchdown Adelaide

~whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours~

@inwayah hi..once may work kana kukunin mo na ung kid mo from pinas? Or you have decided to leave her muna sa pinas even you have found work na?
  • dhey_almightydhey_almighty Perth
    @TasBurrfoot sir, ano rquirement sa tourist visa? :-)

October 6, 2012 - Passed IELTS - Academic (W 6 S 6 L 8 R 7 OBS 7.0) pwde na yan!
    October 16, 2012 - Submitted CDR to EA
    February 27, 2013 - Received Favorable letter from EA (Mechanical Engineer - ANZSCO 233512) Thank you Lord!
    March 8, 2013 - Applied WA SS
    March 25, 2013 - Received Letter for WA SS (delaying/maximising 28 days; waiting for civil wedding)
    May 31, 2013 - Submitted Visa Application (with everything; PCC Saudi, NBI, Marriage certificate, etc)
    July 11, 2013 - CO Assigned / Team 7 Adelaide
    August 17, 2013 - Done with the Medicals
    September 4, 2013 - Visa Grant (Subclass 190 / ANZCO233515 - Mechanical Engineer) Thank you Lord! / IED August 23, 2014
    August 8, 2014 - Flight to Oz, No turning Back, This is it!
    May 2015 - End of relationship
    June 2015 - Wife found new partner (aussie)
    October 2015 - Wife filed for divorce (That cunt)
    January 2016 - Divorced
    August 2018 - Lodged Citizenship
    March 2019 - Sit in Citizenship Exam/Interview

• Passed same day
      May 2019 - Citizenship Ceremony
      June 2019 - Au Passport received
  • inwayahinwayah Perth
    @aristle hi, yes plan is for her to come here once i get a job.
    @sol hi same situation here..going to aussie by nivembre and try muna ung luck sa work then december will ve bringing my kiddo..mahirap kaya if dalhin ko ung 5yr old kid once i have found job? Please share your exp.
  • rara_avisrara_avis North Ryde
    @sol hi same situation here..going to aussie by nivembre and try muna ung luck sa work then december will ve bringing my kiddo..mahirap kaya if dalhin ko ung 5yr old kid once i have found job? Please share your exp.
    wala daw masyado hiring pag november - january, that is what I have gathered from people I met here in Sydney. Masyado maikli timeline mo if you plan on bringing your kid here agad in december.

Lahat naman mahirap sa simula, I suggest hanap ka muna work then hanap ka ng bahay na ideally malapit sa work mo saka school na may after school care so that you can just fetch your kid after work, ang klase dito is natatapos around 230pm, not sure lang kung same sa primary school students. I personally know someone na single mom, yung kid nya is about 8 years old, naghanap sya work na permanent part-time, para maihatid at sundo nya yung anak nya sa school then meron din sya allowance from the government as a single parent pero ang alam ko you have to satisfy the residency requirement (2 years) before being eligible for this.

261111 - ICT Business Analyst
    January 4, 2013 - ACS Assessment Submitted
    January 5, 2013 - IELTS Exam (BC Singapore)
    January 18, 2013 - IELTS Result: L:8.5, R:8.5, W:7.5, S:7.0 = OB: 8.0
    March 13, 2013 - Received Positive Assessment from ACS
    March 21, 2013 - EOI Submitted
    July 15, 2013 - Invitation to lodge 189 visa received
    July 25, 2013 - Lodged Visa. Acknowledgement received.
    July 29, 2013 - Medicals done (+ Husband and Baby)
    September 18, 2013 - CO Allocated Team 23 GSM Brisbane (Additional docs requested: SG PCC, Form 80, Evidence of Overseas Experience (payslips, taxation docs, etc), Evidence of English Ability for Husband)
    October 10, 2013 - CO informed us that the evidence of english ability of my Husband is not sufficient. Asked us to pay for EEC, I said.. Hey, no way let him take the IELTS instead. :D
    October 16, 2013 - Uploaded SG COC
    October 19, 2013 - Husband's IELTS Academic Exam (earliest available schedule)
    November 4, 2013 - Uploaded Husband's IELTS test result form
    November 5, 2013 - VISA GRANT! Thank you LORD!!!
    IED - July 30, 2014
    March 23, 2014 - Initial Entry/Holiday
    June 30, 2014 - Flight to Sydney.
    July 28, 2014 - Husband started work.
    September 15, 2014 - First day at my new job. :)

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough"

• solsol Adelaide
    @netzkeenet hi sis,yup kumuha ako ng consent from the father isa yun s mga requirement prior s visa application.
  • solsol Adelaide
    @aristle sis wla p akong experience with regards to bringing my child with me in oz kc papunta plng ako heheheeh.pro s nabasa ko dito s forum much better tlga kng stable n lahat accommodation,nd work bago mo dalhin kc mahirap lalo na at wlang tutulong satin...
    @rara_avis sis salamat sa info. Tama ka dapat makahanap muna ako ng work and makasettle bago ko dalhin cya sa aussie for good. So ung fren mo na may 8 yr old kiddo ok na cya? I mean nakaadjust na cya?
  • aanoveraanover Sydney
    @aristle sis wla p akong experience with regards to bringing my child with me in oz kc papunta plng ako heheheeh.pro s nabasa ko dito s forum much better tlga kng stable n lahat accommodation,nd work bago mo dalhin kc mahirap lalo na at wlang tutulong satin...
    Signed consent kang ba ang need from the father? What else needed po?

Meron na po ba dito nakapag move without consent from the father? Pa i po pag walang communication?

Nominated Occupation: 261313 (Software Engineer)

20160327 - Nomination Lodged 186 ENS Direct Entry
    20160407 - Submitted ACS Skill Application
    20160414 - ACS Result
    20160416 - 186 ENS Visa Lodged
    20160429 - Medical - Bupa Visa Services Syd
    20160502 - AFP Check
    20160915 - Nomination Approved
    20161213 - Grant!!!!!!

• netzkeenetnetzkeenet Sydney
    Signed consent kang ba ang need from the father? What else needed po?

Meron na po ba dito nakapag move without consent from the father? Pa i po pag walang communication?
    May consent akong knuha just in case hingin nila pero nung ng apply ako n visa hiindi nmn na cla humingi consent. Granted na agad. Dko lang alam if mgtravel na kng hhngi ba cla sa immigration.

26.05.12 - IELTS Academic (L-8.5, R-7, S-7, W-7, OBS-7.5)
    31.05.13 to 25.08.13 - Bridging Program for Nurses
    04.09.13 - Registered with AHPRA
    12.12.13 - Lodged Skills assessment ANMAC
    17.03.14 - Positive skills assessment (Registered Nurse: Medical)
    29.03.14 - Lodged SS SA and EOI
    07.04.14 - NBI clearance
    01.05.14 - Approved SS SA and Invited to Apply for 190
    02.06.14 - Lodged visa application 190 and uploaded docs
    10.06.14 - Medicals at Nationwide
    15.09.14 - Direct Grant 190 visa (IED: June 10, 2015)
    22.10.14 - Touchdown Adelaide

~whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours~

• aanoveraanover Sydney
    @netzkeenet Hi Sis, Kamusta? Ask ko lang if when mo dadalhin ang baby mo? or nadala mo na? if so, iningi pa po ba nila yung consent ng father?

Nominated Occupation: 261313 (Software Engineer)

20160327 - Nomination Lodged 186 ENS Direct Entry
    20160407 - Submitted ACS Skill Application
    20160414 - ACS Result
    20160416 - 186 ENS Visa Lodged
    20160429 - Medical - Bupa Visa Services Syd
    20160502 - AFP Check
    20160915 - Nomination Approved
    20161213 - Grant!!!!!!