Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Temporary accomodation in Melbourne

Comments

• vangievcvangievc Sydney
    @420 Don nasan na kayo? galain nyo kami dito sa west...may work ka na ba...The family who stayed in our house is now settled. After two weeks they got the house, then job follows and after two weeks again, brand new car. amazing work of God. God is good!
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @vangievc - wow.. mukhang may swerteng dala ang bahay nyo madam..
    pwede ba maki-damay sa swerte dyan.. hahah..

mabuhay kayo!!

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

@lock_code2004 hindi po siguro swerte, :-) naging sensitive lang po siguro sila sa instruction ng Dyos. :-).. They have been humble and know how to listen to those people they think na may experience. Kahit nga ako, I was amazed. God is really good....Matthew 6:33-34
  • enchongenchong Melbourne
    hi po, naghahanap din ako ng room na available sa melbourne. baka meron po kayong kilala. salamat.
    @enchong hi enchong dee??? I just want to know when you are coming, ano ang place na preference mo? Babae ka ba o lalaki(sensya na kayo I need to ask this kasi may mga anak kaming babae)? Tell more about yourself, paki PM na lang..Then I will see if I have friends or maybe us can accomodate you... Gpd Bless
  • LTIDLTID Melbourne
    @enchong How's your room hunting so far. May nakita ka na ba? Just in case, we have a spare room for rent. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
  • cynthiacynthia Melbourne
    i need work..can anyone help????melbourne?
  • myhartfulmyhartful Mandaluyong
    Good am, newbie lng pero mtagal na pong visitor since makarating dyan sa australia ang asawa ko..pa help po sana sa april 15 they will start working in kilsyth victoria, they are 2 guys. They need to find accomodation right away.. asap. Please sana po may makatulong at kung pwede din po sana yung mura lang kasi maliit lang ang budget. Thank u in advance..
  • enchongenchong Melbourne
    @LTID Hi po. Message sent. Salamat.
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    @vangievc @LTID: hello! Kailangan ko po sana ng few days accommodation kasi may study workshop sa Clayton (Monash Medical) by end of May. Unfortunately, wala ako alam about Melbourne. The websites online tell me that hotels cost about $150 a day! Masyadong mahal, and I have to fly from Brisbane pa.

Sana may makatulong, maka-suggest ng cheaper place? Thanks!!

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

• theimmigrantstheimmigrants Melbourne
    @Nadine Hi Nadine, I've seen a lot of ad in gumtree for a shared accommodation near Monash. Have a look. Good luck. I couldnt offer our place as we are far from this uni. Cheers!
    @vangievc @LTID: hello! Kailangan ko po sana ng few days accommodation kasi may study workshop sa Clayton (Monash Medical) by end of May. Unfortunately, wala ako alam about Melbourne. The websites online tell me that hotels cost about $150 a day! Masyadong mahal, and I have to fly from Brisbane pa.

Sana may makatulong, maka-suggest ng cheaper place? Thanks!!
    Sorry.. malayo yung house namin sa Clayton. :-(
    Dito kasi kami sa west...hope may makatulong sa iyo dito sa forum. God Bless.

• NadineNadine Brisbane
    edited May 2013
    @theimmigrants: Ok po, I'll take a look. I prefer Pinoy sana eh. Hopefully meron ako mahanap. Thanks po.

@vangievc: no worries po. Mukhang postponed din ang workshop ko, so I have time to find a cheaper accommodation. Thanks! :)

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged

• xhaizaxhaiza Mandaluyong
    @vangievc @theimmigrants Hello po, tanong ko lang po sana kung may maisasuggest po kayong place to stay ung malapit po sana sa Little Collins Street, Thank you so much.
  • theimmigrantstheimmigrants Melbourne
    @xhaiza Hi Xhaiza, maraming hotels na malapit don depends sa budget mo. Let me know if you need further info and I will try to ask for you.

Cheers :)
  • xhaizaxhaiza Mandaluyong
    @theimmigrants Thank you so much po, balak po sana namin studio type po kung sakali. may alam po ba kayo? We will be arriving po by the 15th of June under student visa. salamat po uli, God Bless. :)
  • scarletta12scarletta12 Melbourne
    This is amazing, people like these are real angels on earth ^:)^
  • LTIDLTID Melbourne
    @xhaiza Hello again, below is an info from Unilodge (in case you havent seen this). Or you can also stay in a budget hotel and asked around when you are already here. You might be able to find someone who are willing to share with you when you are already in school. Good luck and hope you could find a place to stay soon. Bring plenty of warm clothing as it gets really cold here.

Cheers!

UniLodge @ Melbourne is located at 746 Swanston Street (behind UniLodge @740), across the road from the University of Melbourne Parkville Campus (building 159 - view campus map here) and only a five minute walk to the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology City Campus (view campus map here). We are also next door to the Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital (Melbourne Uni building 702 / RMIT building154).

What’s more you are just around the corner from Lygon Street - the fabulous café and restaurant precinct. Hop on a famous Melbourne tram, from your doorstep, and in a few minutes you’ll be in the central shopping hub and amongst ALL Melbourne has to offer. Cool!

Great value for money

UniLodge @ Melbourne offers the best budget student accommodation around – from $145.00 per person per week* (based on twin share rate). What’s more that rent includes gas, water and electricity saving you an extra $60 per month! There is a choice of single or twin share furnished bedrooms. Accommodation is real value for money with good size bedrooms with large study desks. You’ll share the common areas with new friends and enjoy the enormous flat screen TV in the lounge with access to the barbeque area and deck and the games room. Laundries and kitchens are on every floor – you don’t have to go far!
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    @LTID: baka naman po may ma-suggest kayong hostel or lodge very near Monash Medical Center?

Eto po bang Unilodge Melbourne ay ok kaya for 3 days or less? And malapit kaya eto sa MMC? I just have 1 day lecture-workshop po kasi and will not be staying long naman.

Salamat po for any info!

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged

• tdytdy Sydney
    hi! do you know where I can rent a room for about 6 months or more? I hope it could be at or near CBD or a train station. I plan to move in by last week of November. thanks!
  • tdytdy Sydney
    Hi! I will be assigned next week at Essendon Private Hospital for my clinical placement. Do you know a nearby accommodation?

Thanks!
  • jaypjayp Melbourne
    Hi! First-timer here... kwento ko lang, yesterday a friend of mine in Melbourne recommended this forum to me as I will be moving my family there this November. I got to say that last night when I woke up at about 1am, I started reading and it got me so hooked up that I was able to sleep around 5am!

Anyway, I would just like to ask if any of you guys know a place where we could stay... probably in the western part of Melbourne (Cairnlea, Taylors, Keilor) and possibly Filipino owned. We want a place na atleast furnished para pagdating nmen wala na kami aalahanin... Siguro mga 1-3 months until mkahanap ng long term rent (it will also give us time to buy our own stuff).

For info, we are a family of 5; me, my wife, 2 kids (5 and 3.5 years old) and a baby (7 months old). My mom will be travelling with us pero it will be about 2-3 months lang just to accompany us until we get well settled.

Many thanks!
    Hi! First-timer here... kwento ko lang, yesterday a friend of mine in Melbourne recommended this forum to me as I will be moving my family there this November. I got to say that last night when I woke up at about 1am, I started reading and it got me so hooked up that I was able to sleep around 5am!

Anyway, I would just like to ask if any of you guys know a place where we could stay... probably in the western part of Melbourne (Cairnlea, Taylors, Keilor) and possibly Filipino owned. We want a place na atleast furnished para pagdating nmen wala na kami aalahanin... Siguro mga 1-3 months until mkahanap ng long term rent (it will also give us time to buy our own stuff).

For info, we are a family of 5; me, my wife, 2 kids (5 and 3.5 years old) and a baby (7 months old). My mom will be travelling with us pero it will be about 2-3 months lang just to accompany us until we get well settled.

Many thanks!
    Sa laki ng family mo I think you need your own house..kasama nanay mo, hindi kayo kasya sa isang room. Ang liliit pa ng mga anak mo.Wala po akong alam na bahay na pinaparentahan ng hanggang 3 months at furnished pa. Your option is sa lodge or hotel but it would be very expensive. Why don't you try to look sa website www.realestateview.com.au magbaka sakali ka na mag apply sa mga house for lease. you can offer them a 6months advance payment...Mahirap din po kasi maghanap ng marerentahan dito lalo na at walang work...Well I assumed na ready ka kasi you will not bring your whole family here together with your mum kung hindi ka ready....tumutulong kami sa mga bagong dating dito by allowing them to stay in our house temporarily while looking for work and place to live in..At the moment e nag lie low muna kami kasi nawalan ako ng work. Mahirap naman kasi magbigay ng walang ibibigay kasi baka instead na makatulong e makasira pa kami.hehehe....saka dito kami sa may gawing southwest sa may Point Cook..yung place na gusto mo sa may gawing airport...try akong magtatanong tanong sa mga ka kilala then contact kita kung meron. God Bless sa pagpunta nyo dito.

• jaypjayp Melbourne
    Hi Vangie! Thanks for the reply. Actually, any place will do since the place we're looking for is just temporary. I notice in this forum that you are really kind and helpful to your fellow Filipinos and I commend you for that.... I'm willing to pay naman immediately and ang budget ko is upto 350/wk if sarili nmen ang place... If shared okay lang din naman pero I think lower ata rates pag ganun...

Anyway, if you change your mind, we might help each other (since you mentioned your out of work now). I am willing to pay rent naman immediately.

Thanks and God bless too.
    Personal message mo na lang ako kung 3 weeks prior sa pagdating nyo wala pa kayong matutuluyan. Then I will convince my husband..Mabait nmn sya and willing to help..Ang mga magiging consideration lang siguro e yung dami nyo. Mas madami pa kayo sa amin..hehehe. I have 2 kids pero hindi nmn problema space..Mga few concerns lang which I think maiintindihan mo and can discuss and agreed later on...But incase wala talaga kayong option, we are willing to do few sacrifices which is part nmn talaga ng pagtulong nmin...Basta ang target nyo ay makaadjust agad and makahanap ng sariling uupahan. :-)...I'll speak to some of the property managers I know kung meron sila na pinauupahan na furnished na...So, just keep in touch na lang, whether nakakuha ka na ng palce o hindi pa just let us know.
  • ellajingellajing Melbourne
    hello to everyone! I was just granted a student visa and arriving sa Melbourne first week of November. May permanent accommodation na po ako waiting kaya lang November 20 pa available kasi nirerenovate pa yun house. I'm looking for a temporary place to stay. Willing to pay naman po ako. hehe :) Mag-isa lang po ako, female.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. :)

Visa Subclass 573 - SVP + hubby as dependent

1 August: Sent Application to school
    2 August: School Requested to email Notarized Documents
    12 August: School sent financial forms to be filled out
    15 August: Telephone Interview
    16 August: Received Conditional offer Letter from school
    19 August: Submitted signed Letter of Offer + Additional Docs
    6 September: Received Unconditional Offer Letter. Yeay! :)
    13 September: Received eCOE
    16 September: Lodged Application to VFS Singapore
    16 September: Medical Exams
    17 September: Application Received by the Australian High Commission
    24 September: AHC requested for a copy of the eMedical referral letter
    25 September: Visa Grant. THANK YOU GOD! :D

6 November: Arrived in Melbourne
    18 November: Started Uni
    28 November: Found a job!
    5 December: Started work. :)
    8 April: Dog arrived in Melbourne
    12 April: Hubby arrived in Melbourne
    1 May: Hubby started work :)

• eytelleneeytellene Brisbane
    Bka po my napaparent ng room yung mlpit sa city or accesible.. November po move ko.. Thanks po.. Sana my mgreply :)
    hello to everyone! I was just granted a student visa and arriving sa Melbourne first week of November. May permanent accommodation na po ako waiting kaya lang November 20 pa available kasi nirerenovate pa yun house. I'm looking for a temporary place to stay. Willing to pay naman po ako. hehe :) Mag-isa lang po ako, female.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. :)
    Hi Ella,

Just let me know the date of your flight and I will see if I have time to pick you up.

God Bless and Ingat.

• mparazmparaz Quezon City
    hi pinoyau!! forum newbie here :\"> my wife and I are coming in February... planning for week of February 15.

looking for a place to land when we arrive, before we look for more permanent accomodation. eto mga tanong ko...

- I'm about to book the flight - what's the best day of the week to arrive?
    - How do I travel from the airport to the temporary place? Or better to book a hotel first for a day or two before going? (siyempre di pa ako familiar sa mga suburbs etc. - I can't choose one yet kasi wala pa namang trabaho.)
    - If it's a bedroom for rent, papano yung arrangement sa common area especially the kitchen and cooking?

salamat!!
  • AmorgatoryAmorgatory Davao City
    Hi guys , I will be moving to Melbourne on the 2nd week of november po. I am having a hard time finding a place to stay, as of now, wala pa din nagrereply sa mga inquries ko sa gumtree. If anyone po knows a place where i could stay or a room to rent, I will be working near Richmond area. Thank you po. first time ko sa Melbourne. kindly message lng po dito or email me at [email protected]. I would appreciate it much.

Have a blesses day everyone!