Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Inquiry: Sending money from PH to AUS

rbolanterbolante North RydePosts: 247Member
edited August 2012 in Remittance/Exchange Rate
Hello fellow forumers.

I just have a question regarding money transfer from PH to AUS. Nung nag-lodge kasi kami ng visa application pina-swipe namin muna sa sponsor namin yung visa fee kasi yun ang pinaka-hassle free na paraan para ma-lodge agad. And eto na nga gusto na namin syang bayaran and ang gusto nila money transfer na lang daw. May nakagawa na po ba ng ganitong transaction dito? Sorry I really have to ask coz this is not the usual way. We typically remit to PH and not from PH so I really have no idea how this works. Thanks a lot in advance and God bless. :-)

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Subclass 176)
Software Programmer (261313)

05/03/2012 - Lodged visa application (Online)
06/07/2012 - CO allocated/Medicals requested
06/11/2012 - Medical exam at NHSI
06/28/2012 - PCCs submitted
07/03/2012 - Health requirements finalised
07/13/2012 - Visa granted (IED: 06/19/2013)

Thanks be to God!!! :D

Comments

• TinaRTinaR Braddon
    Hi,

Three ways to do that from Pinas to Australia...

1. Western Union... a bit pricey dahil sa fee nila.
    2. Wire transfer... bank to bank ask mo lang paano at magkano sa banko mismo.
    3. Try yung mga remittance offices dito dahil may mga branches sila dyan sa Pinas. Try sending enquiry like sa BMExpress or sa Forexworld.

Wire transfer usually ginagawa.

I hope this helps.

By the way, kung may pinadadalhan sila sa Pinas why not ask them na baka pwedeng kayo na lang magremit sa mga pinadadalhan nila tapos kung magkano yung current conversion e yun na lang ang gagamitin nyo. Suggestion lang yan.

Ta.

"One should be pragmatic when it comes to realities in life."

• rbolanterbolante North Ryde
    @TinaR Thanks a lot for the info Ma'am. I'll research about it and actually your suggestion is a good one i'll try to contact some friends who can help me with this. Thanks again. :-)

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Subclass 176)
    Software Programmer (261313)

05/03/2012 - Lodged visa application (Online)
    06/07/2012 - CO allocated/Medicals requested
    06/11/2012 - Medical exam at NHSI
    06/28/2012 - PCCs submitted
    07/03/2012 - Health requirements finalised
    07/13/2012 - Visa granted (IED: 06/19/2013)

Thanks be to God!!! :D

• TinaRTinaR Braddon
    No worries. Wire transfer is the best option. If you need to do it via Phil not sure kung flat rate na 25dollars ba ang wire transfer bank to bank. Western Union based on how much padala. Go to your bank's website or western union direct.

Ingat.

• tita_vechtita_vech Mandaluyong
    You can check MoneyGram too, mas maganda ang rate nila sa Western Union.

Wire transfer via BDO is 500php + konting stamp duty. Note that their "wire transfer" rate is a lot higher than the "Sell" rate in their site, pero mas ok pa rin than both MoneyGram and Western. Yung nga lang they will ask you for supporting docs.

regards
  • TinaRTinaR Braddon
    If having trouble do it with Western Union....

If still having problem.... use MoneyGram...

If still having problem... dial a friend who has either dollar account or who has been frequently travelling (yung traveller talaga hindi yung turistang credit card sinagad ok ;) )

If still having a problem... ask the bank for a manager's cheque send it via parcel. Tell the bank that if the manager's cheque hasnt been claimed for 1 month cancel it, yes you may ask the bank manager to do it but you need to pay the bank and luluhod ka or malakas ka dapat sa bank...

If still having a problem...go and visit local counterparts of the remittance service offices like BMExpress, Forexworld etc and ask them a special request for a fee...

If still having a problem... fly to the nearest country either in SG or HK and do the bank transactions for sure they know what to do.

Goodluck!

• iremit_australiairemit_australia Mandaluyong
    Choose I Remit to the Philippines for only $4 per send. Visit our website at http://www.iremit.com.au.
  • brobertbrobert Woolloongabba
    Hello Kabayan,

Pinoy First Money remittance just recently had our new vendor. Mas mataas na exchange rates, faster service and a lot safer. We have our Octoberfest promo. Try our service for 50%, share it and get $5 referral fee and every time na magremit kayo through us, instant P5 goes to our Kababayan in Mindanao. Nakapag remit na kayo, nakatulong pa sa ating mga Kababayan ngayong nalalapit na Pasko.

Like us in FB if you share our cause and our heart in serving our fellow Filipinos in the Philippines https://www.facebook.com/PinoyFirstAustralia

Salamat!
  • iremit_australiairemit_australia Mandaluyong
    You can also try ANZ, they have a branch here in Manila. You can check their website for more info:)
  • lorieonlinelorieonline Perth
    Hello mga kabayan,

ano best way to bring your funds to Australia? I know may limit yung pwede dalhin na money from Pinas to Australia. Wala pa kasi akong account dun and I only have citibank account in UAE. Should I keep most of the money in the citibank bank account and will withdraw from t here? Or traveller's cheque or express money? I will stay in perth, western australia.

Thanks!
  • ruelcortez_BHruelcortez_BH Sydney
    Same question here, we have BPI International Card, it worked while in US not sure kung magwork sa Oz. Any experience using philippine issued debit cards? Thanks po.

27 June 2014 - Touch down Land Down Under

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." - Proverbs 16:3

• eric_402eric_402 Sydney
    cold cash. just declare it
    Hello mga kabayan,

ano best way to bring your funds to Australia? I know may limit yung pwede dalhin na money from Pinas to Australia. Wala pa kasi akong account dun and I only have citibank account in UAE. Should I keep most of the money in the citibank bank account and will withdraw from t here? Or traveller's cheque or express money? I will stay in perth, western australia.

Thanks!
  • billy_kw75billy_kw75 Melbourne
    We can offer phil express remittance australia service(www.philexpress.com.au) if you wanted to send money from PH to AU. For details PM me.
  • angelesadsangelesads Quezon City
    Hello fellow forumers.

I just have a question regarding money transfer from PH to AUS. Nung nag-lodge kasi kami ng visa application pina-swipe namin muna sa sponsor namin yung visa fee kasi yun ang pinaka-hassle free na paraan para ma-lodge agad. And eto na nga gusto na namin syang bayaran and ang gusto nila money transfer na lang daw. May nakagawa na po ba ng ganitong transaction dito? Sorry I really have to ask coz this is not the usual way. We typically remit to PH and not from PH so I really have no idea how this works. Thanks a lot in advance and God bless. :-)
    The easiest way to send money is via Ko-Kard, your families can be issued a card for free, just one ID and you can charge that card from your bank account or credit card, and they can collect from over 8000 ATMs, the exchange rate is good and the charges less than WU. Its so much more convenient, no lining up or waiting, just go to the ATM. You can find Ko Kard at this address https://www.ko-kard.com/newskin/default.aspx?r=21004319#getstarted
  • JCsantosJCsantos Sydney
    If having trouble do it with Western Union....
    Western Union is the most expensive way to do it

Google for Everything !!!