Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

De-Facto Relationship (Secondary Applicant) Visa

msantosmsantos MelbournePosts: 6Member
Hi all,

First timer here and I need some help and advice. I have plans on going to Australia to live and work there for the reason that I want to have good future for myself and at the same time be with my brother who convinced me to go and stay with him in Australia in the first place. So, what I did was I've done my research about all the working visa type/subclass that is available in DIAC and later on I found out that these working Visas has a requirements that in order for me to be eligible with these visas I should have a job experience here in the Philippines that is in-demand in Australia. But unfortunately my Job experience that I have right now here in the Philippines (which is a Call Center Agent) is not included in their SOL.

Right now, I’m running out of options on what to do. So I tried thinking ‘out of the box’ and came up with this wild idea. I was thinking that maybe I can make an arrangement to a person who has the same interest and plans me of wanting to work and live in Australia but actually has the qualifications (job experience that is in-demand in Australia) to apply for a working visa and just make it appear that me and that person is in a De-facto relationship. As a return of favour to that person may be I’ll take care of her Air fare and probably also her place to stay in Australia for 1 year at least. But then the problem again is, I don’t know someone. Maybe you know someone (a girl) who will work with that kind of arrangement. Please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• LittleFingerLittleFinger Manila, Philippines
    parang mhihirapan ka dito kabayan, kse dpat magkasama kyo sa iisang address nung kausap mo, tpos marami pang ibang supporting documents like sa finances and your afidavits from your parents that your relationship is real.... then mga social gatherings or vacation travel na magkasama kyo....
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Thats very bad idea. Australian immigration system are very strict. Try mo kaya mag aral sa TAFE.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• chollecholle Sydney
    edited April 2014
    Agree with the two responses above - they actually require more documents to prove that the defacto relationship is genuine: having lived together, joint finances, trips together, statements from family and friends of both parties, etc.

You should check other options. Can't your brother sponsor you somehow?

30 Nov 2013 - IELTS Academic R8.5 W8 L8.5 S9 / Overall 8.5
    10 Feb 2014 - Skills Assessment (VETASSESS)
    23 May 2014 - VETASSESS Outcome: Positive
    27 May 2014 - EOI (70 points)
    9 Jun 2014 - Visa invitation received, application lodged (SI189)
    2 Jul 2014 - CO allocation
    6 Aug 2014 - Visa granted (IED 4 Jul 2015)
    11 Oct 2014 - Moved to Sydney
    20 Oct 2014 - Job offer
    29 Oct 2014 - Start of work
    17-26 Dec 2014 - Dog at Sydney quarantine
    24 Dec 2014 - Partner's initial entry (Maligayang Pasko!)
    16 May 2017 - Purchase first property
    17 Oct 2018 - Citizenship application lodged (Council: City of Sydney)
    8 Jul 2019: Test invite
    20 Aug 2019: Test: (originally 20/9/19)
    21 Aug 2019: Citizenship Approved
    31 October 2019: Citizenship Ceremony 🇦🇺

• msantosmsantos Melbourne
    Agree with the two responses above - they actually require more documents to prove that the defacto relationship is genuine: having lived together, joint finances, trips together, statements from family and friends of both parties, etc.

You should check other options. Can't your brother sponsor you somehow?
    based on my research I think sponsorship from my brother is also not an option. Immigration will still require that my work experience here is in-demand in australia that's the basic visa eligibility right there. :(

Thats very bad idea. Australian immigration system are very strict. Try mo kaya mag aral sa TAFE.
    It's quite expensive. but we'll see. If i can't find someone then maybe i'll consider a student visa.
    parang mhihirapan ka dito kabayan, kse dpat magkasama kyo sa iisang address nung kausap mo, tpos marami pang ibang supporting documents like sa finances and your afidavits from your parents that your relationship is real.... then mga social gatherings or vacation travel na magkasama kyo....

most of the documents kabayan eh mga declaration and affidavits lang naman so pwede ako gumawa ng document na yun in an instant and have it signed and notarized anytime. yung sa pictures with my supposed 'partner' can also be created in an instant doesnt matter kung recent yung pictures. you can just make an alibi with case officer that you keep your pictures in a soft copy version and you just have it printed out recently to use it as a evidence for visa application. As for the joint accounts i can have it opened in an instant also. you can alibi with your CO na timing ang pag-open ng joint bank account in case nagtanong bakit recent lang yung bank account. lastly as for the travel documents, i think this is optional evidence. not all partners do vacations by travelling outside the country can either be local travel only.
  • happyinmelbourne34happyinmelbourne34 Melbourne

most of the documents kabayan eh mga declaration and affidavits lang naman so pwede ako gumawa ng document na yun in an instant and have it signed and notarized anytime. yung sa pictures with my supposed 'partner' can also be created in an instant doesnt matter kung recent yung pictures. you can just make an alibi with case officer that you keep your pictures in a soft copy version and you just have it printed out recently to use it as a evidence for visa application. As for the joint accounts i can have it opened in an instant also. you can alibi with your CO na timing ang pag-open ng joint bank account in case nagtanong bakit recent lang yung bank account. lastly as for the travel documents, i think this is optional evidence. not all partners do vacations by travelling outside the country can either be local travel only.
    as what TotoyOz had said, its a bad idea, kung gusto mo po magpunta dto try to do it in an honest way. Mahirap ung de-facto kc ung sponsor (kung makahanap k man ng girl na papayag dyan s ganyang set-up) ndi sya pwedeng mag sponsor ng another person within 5 years. Eh what if kung may bf sya or may makilala sya na gusto syang pakasalan, she needs to wait pa for 5 years to sponsor that person which is napaka unfair nman yata.

Also, take note as the de-factor partner, kung wala pang 4 yrs ung de facto relationship nyo temporary/provisional visa pa lang ang ibibigay sa yo then after 2 yrs susulatan k ng immigration to provide evidences na continuing pa din ung relationship nyo (820 to 801 visa tong ni re refer ko) and that may include home visit from immigration officers. Eh kung malaman nila na bogus pala ung de-facto nyo 2 pa kayong makakasuhan ng immigration nyan that can lead to your visa cancellation at mapapabalik ng Pinas.

• AdminAdmin Singapore
    Hi msantos, hindi sa pagiging contra but if that's as easy as you said marami na rin naka punta sa OZ sa ganyang paraan. Better do more research on what you are planning, especially on the negative side. consider both positive and negative in weigh this. But I would advise you do the honest way, para rin may peace of mind. Masarap makamit ang isang bagay sa malinis na paraan. Have you tried contacting an agent. Atleast initial screening lang, No need to engage them right away. They can try to find a proper visa for ur case.

2010-06 : Lurker at philippines.com.au (previously the #1 Pinoy Australian Forum)
    2010-06 : Started researching on Visa 175 - Target 120pts
    2011-08 : Started prev employer document gathering for ACS skill assessment (0/4)
    2010-12 : Philippines.com.au went offline and created www.pinoyau.info
    2011-03 : 1st child born - AU dream halted
    2014-03 : ACS document - 1/5 emp ref completed
    2015-01: Promoted at work - AU dream halted
    2015-11: ACS document - 1/6 emp ref completed
    2016-09: 2nd child born - AU dream halted
    2018-09: ACS document - 6/8 emp ref completed
    2018-09: Revised all employment references and affidavit from scratch
    2019-03: Completed Revised 8/8 emp ref
    2019-03: PTE Exam - L59,R75,S62,W64 (no preparation)
    2019-07: Favorable Skills Assessment result for Software Eng
    2019-11: PTE Exam - L70,R68,S79,W68 (competent only)
    2020-02: PTE Exam - L79,R79,S86,W76 (grr lack 3pts on Writing)
    2020-03: PTE Exam - L85,R75,S87,W86 (Mar 4 - grr nag increase L, S and W but bumaba 4pts si R!!!!!)
    2020-03 PTE Exam - L81 R79 S90 W81 (Mar 9 - Salamat Lord!!!!)

• lester_lugtulester_lugtu Melbourne
    msantos,

i am a secondary visa applicant here. de-facto relationship, at partida same sex relationship pa! 3 weeks nako d2 sa melbourne. madali lang requirements sa pag-aapply ng secondary visa. i just had my affidavit about the relationship, my partner's stat declaration, some rental receipt nung live in pa kmi sa pilipinas including leasing agrement, some pictures together, some friend's affidavit that they know our relationship, ung letter from my partner's employer na ineextend nila sponsorship to me, BUPA insurance, and then after 5days na na-upload sa internet, pinagpamedical ako ng case officer ko then 3 days ulit at aun!!! 457 working visa bngay skn the same as with my partner's visa. wla pang 2 weeks halos. pero i assure u lahat eh genuine!

ngaun kung gusto mo magka-"arrangement" with someone, GO! after all kaya nga tau pumupunta d2 dahil lakasan din ng loob. dapat lang tama ung malalapitan mo.

hwag mo masyado pansinin ung mga nababasa mo sa SOL or sa kung san man. maraming trabaho d2. importante marunong ka magenglish! right now wala pa ko work pero tyaga lang. auko na kasi mangyari ulit na magkawork ako and later pagsisihan ko na nagwork ako dun. gusto ko this time, kahit mailap, makuha ko ung gusto kong trabaho.

eto, kung wala pang nakukuha brother mo as secondary applicant ng visa nya, pwede ka! basahin mo mabuti ung mga requirements and sure ako na pwede ka. basta kausapin lang ng brother mo ung employer nya to extend ung sponsorship sau. at patunayan nyo na magkapatid tlga kau which is madali lng,. secondary 457 visa holder can work or study here. promise! hindi mo na need ng jowa jowaan. like what i hav sed, hwag mo muna intindihin ung SOL-thing, madali na lang un pagnandito kana.

anong klaseng visa hawak ng brother mo? and bakit mo nasabi na need munang in-demand ang work experience mo here bago ka payagan ng immigration pumunta d2? san mo nabasa un? and take note, DIBP na, hindi na DIAC.

Thank you.

• happyinmelbourne34happyinmelbourne34 Melbourne
    msantos,

i am a secondary visa applicant here. de-facto relationship, at partida same sex relationship pa! 3 weeks nako d2 sa melbourne. madali lang requirements sa pag-aapply ng secondary visa. i just had my affidavit about the relationship, my partner's stat declaration, some rental receipt nung live in pa kmi sa pilipinas including leasing agrement, some pictures together, some friend's affidavit that they know our relationship, ung letter from my partner's employer na ineextend nila sponsorship to me, BUPA insurance, and then after 5days na na-upload sa internet, pinagpamedical ako ng case officer ko then 3 days ulit at aun!!! 457 working visa bngay skn the same as with my partner's visa. wla pang 2 weeks halos. pero i assure u lahat eh genuine!

ngaun kung gusto mo magka-"arrangement" with someone, GO! after all kaya nga tau pumupunta d2 dahil lakasan din ng loob. dapat lang tama ung malalapitan mo.

hwag mo masyado pansinin ung mga nababasa mo sa SOL or sa kung san man. maraming trabaho d2. importante marunong ka magenglish! right now wala pa ko work pero tyaga lang. auko na kasi mangyari ulit na magkawork ako and later pagsisihan ko na nagwork ako dun. gusto ko this time, kahit mailap, makuha ko ung gusto kong trabaho.

eto, kung wala pang nakukuha brother mo as secondary applicant ng visa nya, pwede ka! basahin mo mabuti ung mga requirements and sure ako na pwede ka. basta kausapin lang ng brother mo ung employer nya to extend ung sponsorship sau. at patunayan nyo na magkapatid tlga kau which is madali lng,. secondary 457 visa holder can work or study here. promise! hindi mo na need ng jowa jowaan. like what i hav sed, hwag mo muna intindihin ung SOL-thing, madali na lang un pagnandito kana.

anong klaseng visa hawak ng brother mo? and bakit mo nasabi na need munang in-demand ang work experience mo here bago ka payagan ng immigration pumunta d2? san mo nabasa un? and take note, DIBP na, hindi na DIAC.

Thank you.

ung sinasabi ni mcsantos na pwede syang ma sponsor ng brother nya provided na dapat ung job nya ay nasa SOL list it falls under the 489 visa. I'm looking at this option para sa youngest brother ko gusto ko syang papuntahin dto pero kaka grad lang nya ng college kaya sabi ko mag experience muna sya since nasa SOL list nman ung course nya

https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx

Requirements

Invited Pathway

You might be eligible to apply for this visa if invited. When we sent your letter of invitation, you must also have:

been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
    nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list
    a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
    not yet turned 50 years of age
    achieved the score specified in your letter of invitiation based on the factors in the points test
    at least competent English
    msantos,

Thank you.

Thank you! for sharing your case lester_lugtu appreciate it much. given your scenario, I think it's worth a try to pursue my 'arrangement' plan. I just have to make sure i'll cover all my bases. para walang aberya. by the way, you mentioned these set of documents that you provided to your case officer. did your C.O actually asked for these specific documents? i mean, i assume he gave you this set of document checklist that you need to provide as proof of relationship?..if yes, can you provide me the detailed list of the said documents that you gave your C.O? kahit i-PM mo na lang sa akin. if that is if its okay with you? Thanks.

ung sinasabi ni mcsantos na pwede syang ma sponsor ng brother nya provided na dapat ung job nya ay nasa SOL list it falls under the 489 visa. I'm looking at this option para sa youngest brother ko gusto ko syang papuntahin dto pero kaka grad lang nya ng college kaya sabi ko mag experience muna sya since nasa SOL list nman ung course nya

https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx

Requirements

Invited Pathway

You might be eligible to apply for this visa if invited. When we sent your letter of invitation, you must also have:

been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
    nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list
    a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
    not yet turned 50 years of age
    achieved the score specified in your letter of invitiation based on the factors in the points test
    at least competent English
    That's right happyinmelbourne34, im referring to Visa Subclass 489 yung sponsorship with my brother. but like i said previously, hindi rin sa akin applicable yung visa type na yun because of the SOL thing. actually I can opt with the student Visa path. but it takes longer to acquire a PR visa and plus it's too expensive :( i'll just go with this plan. give me sa case ni lester_lugtu it seems that they are not that strict on issuing a visa sa de-facto partners.
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited April 2014
    msantos,

Thank you.

HIndi puede makapag apply ng skilled visa kapag wala sa job list ang SOL at CSOL. Staka every state ay may sariling listahan ng SOL na puede nila i accept. Big factor yun na may brother sya dito sa Australia. Ang 457 visa naman ay temporary visa at isa sa priorty visa kaya madali ang proseso pero kapag nagapply na ang primary applicant ng PR visa dun na yung maraming requirements at matagal ang proseso. The good things is may local work na kayo dito at mas lalo okay kung pumayag ang employer na ituloy ang sponsorship ninyo to PR visa.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

@msantos,

gaya ng sabi ko hindi mo muna dapat iniisip ung SOL at CSOL. pwede ka pumasok dito gamit lang ang kuya mo.

457 visa ba hawak nya? then pwede nya i-ask sa employer na na ii-include ka nya sa 457 visa nya as an inclusion/additional, pwede un! shoulder nga lang nyo ang payment na 1035 aud kung hindi pumayag ung employer nya na magshoulder ng gastos. ang alam ko ang pwede i-include sa 457 visa nya eh immediate relatives na may working status, asawa, and even live in partner opposite sex man o same-sex. sa lagay mo mas madali lang kasi papatunayan nyo lang ng kuya mo na magkapatid kau, i think thru birth cert lng at ilang documents. kami kasi mejo madugo live-in na same-sex pa. nevertheless, madali pa din kung ttgnan mo within less than a month. hnd mo na need isatisfy ung SOL-thing or ung skill assessment-thing, makakapunta ka dito only using ur brother. kahit wala kang english assessment like ielts!!!

un lang pagdating mo dito ano mangyayari? sa lagay ng paghahanap ng trabaho, hindi kita masasagot jan kasi until now naghahanap pa din ako. talk to TotoyOZresident for some advice regarding finding a job here. and what kind of job.

ang sabi nya sakin, para makapagwork dito ng kung ano tlga ang work mo, need mo magpa-assess ng skills mo. and in order to apply for an assessment, need mo ng english language assessment ung ielts nga. so kukuha ka pa din tlga.

pero kung ang tanung mo lang eh kung pano ka makakarating dito the easiest way, just use ur brother neh? 457 visa - dependant type ang ibibigay sayo na may right din to study and work sa mga skilled jobs.

Thank you! for sharing your case lester_lugtu appreciate it much. given your scenario, I think it's worth a try to pursue my 'arrangement' plan. I just have to make sure i'll cover all my bases. para walang aberya. by the way, you mentioned these set of documents that you provided to your case officer. did your C.O actually asked for these specific documents? i mean, i assume he gave you this set of document checklist that you need to provide as proof of relationship?..if yes, can you provide me the detailed list of the said documents that you gave your C.O? kahit i-PM mo na lang sa akin. if that is if its okay with you? Thanks.

@msantos,

follow this step sir, okay?

punta ka www.immi.gov.au

gawa ka muna account sa kanila, ImmiAccount ang tawag nila.

then under dun sa Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Subsequent Entrant) (subclass 457), makikita mo ung START SUBSEQUENT ENTRANT VISA APPLICATION.

Eto ung link,

https://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/employer-sponsored-workers-online-applications.aspx

dun pwede ka maglodge ng visa mo. do not worry sa requirements sasabihin sau dun kung ano mga need mo i-satisfy to prove na kapatid ka ng kuya mo.

tapos pwede mo balik balikan ung application mo na un, syempre ung bayad thru ur card o pwede din ng sa kuya mo.

pag nabigyan ka na ng case officer, do not worry kung tingin mo may kulang ka pa na requirements kasi iiemail ka nmn ng case officer mo eh kung ano pa kulang.

hanggang ma-satisfy mo sya.
  • JhoelheeAnneJhoelheeAnne Mandaluyong
    @TotoyOZresident hi po, i just want to ask kung gano katagal processing time nung visa nyo after submitting all the docs and proof of cohabitations nyo? in my case I'm applying for student visa subclass 573 (higher Educ) but i will be going to Australia with my live in partner . unfortunately, i just submitted all the requirements last January 22 and my commencement will start on Feb 22, 2016.
  • JhoelheeAnneJhoelheeAnne Mandaluyong
    @lester_lugtu , hi po, i just want to ask kung gano katagal processing time nung visa nyo after submitting all the docs and proof of cohabitations nyo? in my case I'm applying for student visa subclass 573 (higher Educ) but i will be going to Australia with my live in partner . unfortunately, i just submitted all the requirements last January 22 and my commencement will start on Feb 22, 2016.
  • littleme1122littleme1122 Melbourne
    hi po sa lahat. Bago lang po ako dito sa forum.
    Mag tatanong lang po sana.
    I have a de facto partner ( same sex ) and last year na Grant visa nya.
    Visa skilled independent ( 189 ).Hindi po ako naisama sa application nya due to some personal reasons. Now, we are planning na susunod ako sa kanya.
    Gusto ko po itanong, kung ano type ng visa e apply namin?

If may link po kayo, paki share naman po. Thank you..
  • aziazi North Ryde
    Hello po, my mother applied for partner visa, nilagay nya po kame ng ate ko as non-migrating. Im 28yrs old at ate ko is 31 yrs old. Tumawag yung co ni mama at tnatanung kameng non-migrating like kung my work ba kame or asawa or engage, then cnabe ng mama ko wala kame work at wala asawa or engage which is true nman. And now, were deciding na gawin nlng kameng migrating with my mom. Pwede po kaya un? From non migrating gagawin na migrating? And whats the chances na ma approved kame considering na 28 at 31 yrs old na kame ng ate ko.
  • pinoytalkerpinoytalker Melbourne
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys, I am about to lodge a Partner Visa (de facto) this week.
    My gf is currently in Melbourne (on a tourist visa max 3 mos)
    I would like to register our relationship sa victoria para ma waive ang 12 month need to prove that we are living together for 12 mos. Who did the same?

Dec 12 2015 - 1st IELTS LRWS failed
    Feb 2016 - 2nd IELTS LRWS failed
    June 14 2016 - PTE Acad LRWS 90/83/87/90 - 20 points!
    June 23 2016 - Submitted req to ACS
    July 7 2016 - ACS assessment received < 5 years. Sent email for
    reassessment
    July 8 2016 - ACS result update 5 years credited (75pts)
    July 14 2016 - Sent EOI
    July 28 2016 - Got my NBI Clearance
    Aug 2 2016 - Received ITA
    Aug 9 2016 - Lodged Visa
    Aug 12 2016 - took Medical Exam
    Aug 15 2016 - sent Medical results. No action needed.
    - attached documents
    Aug 30 2016 - uploaded form 80
    Aug 31 2016 - CO contact (send PTE results online) sayang DG na
    sana..
    - Sent PTE results online. Clicked "Information
    Provided" and emailed CO.
    Oct 13 2016 - (12:43PM) Sent a follow up email. (ginaya si Bourne)
    Oct 13 2016 - VISA received!
    Feb 6 2016 - Bound to Melbourne

God is able to make all grace abound to you!
    Never give up. Reach for your dreams!

• engr.lenengr.len DXB
    Hi po ask ko lng sana kung pwede kami mag de facto ng boyfriend. Kaso nasa pinas tpos ako andto sa dubai. Pwede po ba kami mag apply parehas kaming engineer. Ano po magandang gawin? Thank you.
  • dark_knightdark_knight Manila
    @engr.len dapat magkasama kayo sa isang bahay at least 1 year if di kayo kasal.

Nominated Occupation: Software Engineer (2361313)

2016 09 XX - Started gathering docs for ACS skills assessment
    2017 03 23 - Submitted ACS
    2017 04 13 - Received ACS results
    2017 05 02 - PTE Exam
    2017 05 03 - Received PTE Exam result (Superior)
    2017 05 XX - Lodged 1st EOI - 80pts (didn't get invited because of occupation ceiling)
    2017 06 XX - Points Deducted due to age - 75 pts
    2017 07 12 - ITA received for 1st EOI
    2017 07 19 - Decided to abandon 1st EOI because I didn't split my 2nd job into two entries based on ACS assessment, created new EOI - 75 pts
    2017 07 25 - ITA for 2nd EOI received
    2017 08 24 - Visa Lodge, attached all available documents
    2017 09 20 - Attached eMedical information sheet (just in case it is needed)
    2017 09 25 - (Direct) Grant! [GSM Adelaide]
    2018 06 XX - Target Big Move :)

• jiomarianojiomariano Clark, Philippines
    @engr.len take the time to read this

https://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/35relationship

Not necessarily di kayo magkasama eh di na pwede, if may compelling reason why not, DIBP will understand, in your case that reason would be your employment overseas. It does get tricky though, pero not impossible as lots have done it.
  • Lyka0596Lyka0596 Philippines
    Hello, maybe some can help me out regarding our situation: My de facto partner is already in Australia under 457 visa since January. In his initial application, he declared that he was never married or in a de facto relationship. Now he's planning to include me as his secondary applicant. Is the process feasible? We have all the necessary documents to prove that we were in a de facto relationship and his employer has approved that they will extend their sponsorship to me. A response will be great! Thank you.
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited May 2018
    @jiomariano @engr.len to be considered a de facto, you need to prove cohabitation for at least 12 months.

That's correct, compelling reasons may be used to waive this requirement. This is atough one to prove so you will need good and convincing evidences to support such claim.

Good luck!
  • ricrnricrn Ferntree Gully
    @RheaMARN1171933 or to whom who knows the steps
    hi Rhea. do you happen to know where can i find the requirements for De Facto VISA? in my case, I am an registered nurse in Australia but I have no sponsorship yet. My GF is a doctor here in the philippines and she already passed her exams in Aus. If I will be sponsored, how can I prove that we're together? for example, Can I ask my brother to make a contract where he made me and my girlfriend live in his condo? thank you
  • helaenahelaena Manila
    Hello po ask ko lang po ok lang ba na isama ko yung partner ko po sa Pr application, kahit married po sya dati? We've been together for 7 years na po. May isa po kaming anak 4 y.o. na..Sana po meron din ganitong case same as mine na na grant yung PR..Thanks po.
  • helaenahelaena Manila
    @RheaMARN1171933 Hello po Maam.ask ko lang po ok lang ba na isama ko yung partner ko po sa Pr application, kahit married po sya dati? We've been together for 7 years na po. May isa po kaming anak 4 y.o. na..Sana po meron din ganitong case same as mine na na grant yung PR..Thanks po.
  • RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    @helaena first thing the case officer will ask is evidence if previous relationship has ended. Yours isn’t a straight forward case. Be very careful with the supporting documents you’ll be providing. Good luck!
  • helaenahelaena Manila
    @RheaMARN1171933 Ongoing po yung annulment case ng partner ko.
    Mas ok po ba maam na I'll add him later na after ko po ma PR?