Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

General Skilled Immigration Visa - Step By Step Process

Comments

• joselle.syjoselle.sy Manila

Hi po! Just curious, is it better these days na may agent ka when applying for a skilled immigrant?

• jammynessjammyness Posts: 100Member

Hello po. Inquiry about 491 visa. For example, di makahanap ng work sa state na nagsponsor, is it allowable to find job sa ibang region/state? Thank you.

233512- Mechanical Engineer - SC189

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator

@joselle.sy said:
    Hi po! Just curious, is it better these days na may agent ka when applying for a skilled immigrant?

Current and pre-pandemic days, there’s no difference. Getting an agent is a personal choice. You can do it with or without an agent. If you choose to do it, just prepare to do extensive research to make sure you have the latest information needed on your case. You save money this way. If you do it yourself, it’ll be more costly for you but you have someone literally holding your hand along the journey. You eliminate the stress and leave it to the expert to handle your case. You have a go to person to ask about any questions on your case who’s properly educated to provide the necessary information you need. In short, you have the peace of mind which you will never get if you do it yourself.

The above reasons never changed whether it was pre-pandemic days or in the current situation.

joselle.sylack14
  • joselle.syjoselle.sy Manila

Thanks @RheaMARN1171933 ! Another question, the "processing time" indicated in the website (see below photo), does this refer to the waiting of the grant or is this the time waiting for the invitation to apply? Because I am thinking what age I should start to work on my plans. I am planning to submit the ACS assessment in 2 years time because I need more work experiences and I think it would be the perfect time since I will be 30 by then and that would give me a higher point.

Thank you in advance for your answers :D

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@joselle.sy said:

Current and pre-pandemic days, there’s no difference. Getting an agent is a personal choice. You can do it with or without an agent. If you choose to do it, just prepare to do extensive research to make sure you have the latest information needed on your case. You save money this way. If you do it yourself, it’ll be more costly for you but you have someone literally holding your hand along the journey. You eliminate the stress and leave it to the expert to handle your case. You have a go to person to ask about any questions on your case who’s properly educated to provide the necessary information you need. In short, you have the peace of mind which you will never get if you do it yourself.

The above reasons never changed whether it was pre-pandemic days or in the current situation.

@joselle.sy said:
    Thanks @RheaMARN1171933 ! Another question, the "processing time" indicated in the website (see below photo), does this refer to the waiting of the grant or is this the time waiting for the invitation to apply? Because I am thinking what age I should start to work on my plans. I am planning to submit the ACS assessment in 2 years time because I need more work experiences and I think it would be the perfect time since I will be 30 by then and that would give me a higher point.

Thank you in advance for your answers :D

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@joselle.sy said:

I don’t think that information on website is even accurate since visa grants have been scarce the last 2 years. Anyway, that refers to just the actual processing of the visa application. If you are qualified/eligible now, there’s no point waiting 2 years as your experience gets added up on the EOI anyway. In the end nothing is wasted and you’re actually increasing your chances of getting there sooner rather than later.

joselle.syispidprik
  • aagaag Posts: 23Member

Hello po.
    Meron na po ba dito nagrant ang visa na nagclaim ng NAATI thru online exam?

• ozdreamer2019ozdreamer2019 Philippines

Hi everyone. Baka po may makatulong.
    I'm in the process of filling up the form for visa lodgement. Sa Employment History po ba, should I click yes dun sa question na "Is the applicant claiming points for this employment?" kahit wala naman akong points dun (0 for overseas work experience) pero requirement kasi yun for my VETASSESS skill assessment? Thank you.

234111 AGRICULTURAL CONSULTANT
    Visa 491 FS
    95 pts (Age - 30, PTE - 20, Education - 15, NAATI - 5, Partner - 10, FS - 15)
    EOI: Jan 14, 2022
    ITA: Jan 21, 2022
    Visa Lodge: March 21, 2022
    Medical Exam: May 21, 2022
    S56 Request for NBI Clearance: July 4, 2022
    NBI Clearance Submitted: July 13, 2022
    Visa grant: August 19, 2022

• allyniveeallynivee qatar

Hello po sa lahat!

Nakapag lodge po kami for subclass 489 last oct.2019 pa. Given that my score is 67 plus ung aking code is ICT Customer Support Officer – 313112, isama na rin ang pandemic, i understand na baka kasama ung aking documents sa 90% na marereview after 30 months...

Pag ganito po ba might as well to give up or any suggestion po jan?

...we asked our agent wala din silang update

• datch29datch29 Singapore

Hello po,

About sa Immi account, meron na kasi ako immi account dati na ginamit ko sa Tourist Visa(TV), and this time need ko po mag lodge nang visa (Skilled Migrant). Ang question ko po is ok lang po ba na gamitin ko yung immi account na ginamit ko sa TV pang lodge sa skilled migrant visa? TIA.

God is good all the time!

Age: 25 | English : 20 | Work Experience : 15 | Qualifications: 15 | CCL: 5 | Partner: 5

Production or Plant Engineer (233513)
    22/03/2019 - Positive Skill Assessment Outcome
    31/12/2019 - PTE Superior
    15/07/2020 - NAATI CCL Passed
    12/09/2020 - Partner English Passed
    25/11/2021 - Pre-Invite - SA
    20/12/2021 - ITA Received
    16/02/2022 - Visa Lodged
    05/09/2022 - CO Contact - Form 815
    03/11/2022 - CO Contact - New Medical Exam request/Form 815
    12/12/2022 - Visa Grant - THANK YOU, LORD!

• Lou27Lou27 Posts: 70Member

@datch29 said:
    Hello po,

About sa Immi account, meron na kasi ako immi account dati na ginamit ko sa Tourist Visa(TV), and this time need ko po mag lodge nang visa (Skilled Migrant). Ang question ko po is ok lang po ba na gamitin ko yung immi account na ginamit ko sa TV pang lodge sa skilled migrant visa? TIA.

Hello po. I did the same thing- used my old IMMI account when I had visitor visa(2017) in lodging visa for skilled migrant (2022). Hindi ko sure kung tama, pero may email naman ako na nakuha saying that they received the application.

@msssevelyn said:

@datch29 said:
    Hello po,

Hello po. I did the same thing- used my old IMMI account when I had visitor visa(2017) in lodging visa for skilled migrant (2022). Hindi ko sure kung tama, pero may email naman ako na nakuha saying that they received the application.

Salamat po sa reply.

Age: 25 | English : 20 | Work Experience : 15 | Qualifications: 15 | CCL: 5 | Partner: 5

16/02/2022 - Visa Lodged

• froufrou iloilo

Good day to all! I would like to ask if meron po dito who experienced my situation. I received a 190 NSW pre-invite today. However, i made a mistake in claiming points. I claimed 90 instead of 85 in mu EOI. I want to ask what should I do now? TIA sa lahat nang sasagot. God bless!

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@frou said:
    Good day to all! I would like to ask if meron po dito who experienced my situation. I received a 190 NSW pre-invite today. However, i made a mistake in claiming points. I claimed 90 instead of 85 in mu EOI. I want to ask what should I do now? TIA sa lahat nang sasagot. God bless!

Have a look at the FAQs in the NSW migration page. It says "If you have claimed points in error, you are not eligible to accept your NSW invitation if invited. There are no exceptions for any reason."

https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/visas-and-migration/skilled-visas/subclass-190

frou

@frou said:

You shouldn’t accept the invite as your visa application may be refused due to overclaiming of points

lack14
  • froufrou iloilo

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@frou said:

You shouldn’t accept the invite as your visa application may be refused due to overclaiming of points

Thank you so much po for your advice!

RheaMARN1171933

Hello All,

Ask lang po if need ang Form 1229 sa dependet child? Salamat po.

16/02/2022 - Visa Lodged

• wavlimwavlim Posts: 4Member

Hi good day to all,

I would just like to ask. Currently nagaapply po ako for Visa subclass 189 and nakareceive na din ng skills assessment for my occupation which is Software Engineer. Ask ko lang po for my partner, need din ba po nya magpaassess and magapply for the same visa subclass like mine, which is ung 189, para makakuha ng additional na 10 points? Salamat po.

• AisforappleAisforapple Posts: 39Member

Hi! I am planning to lodge my visa application tomorrow, subclass 491 po. Did you have the english test score report notarized? And nagsubmit din ba kayo ng form 80 and form 1221?

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited February 2022

@wavlim said:
    Hi good day to all,

I would just like to ask. Currently nagaapply po ako for Visa subclass 189 and nakareceive na din ng skills assessment for my occupation which is Software Engineer. Ask ko lang po for my partner, need din ba po nya magpaassess and magapply for the same visa subclass like mine, which is ung 189, para makakuha ng additional na 10 points? Salamat po.

If your partner is going to be your de facto partner, I think they will have to be included with your EOI for 189 visa. To claim points for your partner's skill, your partner has to have a positive skill assessment for an occupation under the MLTSSL. If same kayo na Software Engineer, then yes, pwede magpa-assess yung partner mo so you can claim the points. If yung occupation nya is not on the MLTSSL (like kung nasa STSOL lang), you can't claim points for your partner's skill.

For reference:
    https://visaenvoy.com/who-can-claim-partner-skills-points/#:~:text=You%20partner%20cannot%20contribute%20points,189%20Visa%20List%20(MLTSSL).

lack14

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• wavlimwavlim Posts: 4Member

@athelene said:

@wavlim said:
    Hi good day to all,

If your partner is going to be your de facto partner, I think they will have to be included with your EOI for 189 visa. To claim points for your partner's skill, your partner has to have a positive skill assessment for an occupation under the MLTSSL. If same kayo na Software Engineer, then yes, pwede magpa-assess yung partner mo so you can claim the points. If yung occupation nya is not on the MLTSSL (like kung nasa STSOL lang), you can't claim points for your partner's skill.

For reference:
    https://visaenvoy.com/who-can-claim-partner-skills-points/#:~:text=You%20partner%20cannot%20contribute%20points,189%20Visa%20List%20(MLTSSL).

Thanks po sa information!

@wavlim said:
    Hi good day to all,

Don’t fixate yourself with just 189 subclass. Lodge your EOI for 189, 190 and 491 to widen your chances for an invite. It’s always best to have your partner skills assessed.

The visa category will determine if you can claim partner points.

wavlimlack14

@athelene said:

@wavlim said:
    Hi good day to all,

For reference:

That’s correct, this only applies on 189 subclass.

The actual legislation states that - For the purpose of awarding partner points, the nominated occupation of the partner must be in the occupation list applicable to the point-tested visa that the primary applicant has applied for.

• era222era222 Philippines

@ron914 said:
    With regards to the Statutory Declaration for Vetassess, meron po ba dito may sample template? Can you share it please? I am planning to substitute this as replacement sa Statement of Service, I have other documents to use as supplemental documents (Appointment/promotion letters, payslips etc.). I do not want to inform my Employer at this stage since assessment pa lang naman and possible pa na matagalan yung visa processing. I read that you can mention in the statutory declaration that informing the Employer that you are exploring options on migrating might compromise current employment situation and future career opportunities. May naka experience na ba sa inyo ng similar situation?

Did you manage to successfully substitute the Statement of Service with a Statutory Declaration + supplemental documents?

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• frostee70frostee70 Mandaluyong

yung docs po ba sa EOI scanned color copy will suffice? may nababasa po kasi ako before na dapat CTC pa pero ngaun eto na lang.

• AisforappleAisforapple Posts: 39Member

Huhu paano po kaya yung sa medical exam, wala ng slots for March sa St. Lukes and NHSI. 28 days lang to respond 😭

• Jam041019Jam041019 Posts: 45Member

Hello po sana my makasagot nag fill up po ako ng ROI for SA my question sa ROI na "How long have you been working in your nominated or closely related occupation in total?" Ang nilagay ko po is ung talagang total yrs of experience talaga like 15 yrs. Ung sa vetasses po kasi ang inaassess lang is latest 10 yrs dba? Ano po ba dapat ang ilagay dyan total yrs of experience or total yrs of positively assessed? Magkakaproblema po ba ako kung total yrs ang nilagay ko though wala naman magiging change sa total claimed pts? Thanks

• Al2509Al2509 Posts: 1Member

My wife and I got a proficient score in PTE and we are both accounting professionals. Can I claim 10points partner skills if my wife will be assessed in CPA Australia? thank you in advance po!

@Al2509 said:
    My wife and I got a proficient score in PTE and we are both accounting professionals. Can I claim 10points partner skills if my wife will be assessed in CPA Australia? thank you in advance po!

All depends on the occupation and the visa subclass you’re applying for

• SpecterSpecter Posts: 21Member

Hello po! Kaka lodge ko lang po ng EOI, while waiting po meron po ba dito checklist or link ng mga iba pang requirement to prepare habang nag hihintay ma invite? Maraming salamat. :D

My Australian Journey!!

Nominated Occupation: Mechanical Engineer
    ANZSCO: 233512
    OFFSHORE | DIY

CURRENT POINTS
    SC189: 75
    SC190: 80
    SC491: 90

POINTS BREAKDOWN
    English (Proficient) : 10
    Education : 15
    Civil Status (Single) : 10
    CCL : 5
    Overseas Work XP (PH) : 5

TIMELINE
    2018-xx-xx | Started researched for Au immigration since my Sis is already there (expi still under 3years)
    2021-06-14 | PTE Exam - Competent
    2021-08-20 | Naati Exam Result - Failed
    2022-01-13 | Engineers Australia assessment submitted
    2022-02-14 | Engineers Australia assessment outcome - POSITIVE! --- no expi credited (3+ years expi though)
    2022-03-21 | NAATI Exam result - PASSED
    2022-03-21 | PTE Retake Exam - Proficient
    2022-03-26 | Submitted EOI - 189/190 : 75/80 (ANZSCO: 233512) -- claimed 3+ years of expi
    2022-04-18 | PTE Retake Exam - Proficient
    2022-05-03 | PTE Retake Exam - Proficient
    2022-05-30 | PTE Retake Exam - Proficient
    2022-06-29 | PTE Retake Exam - Proficient
    2022-10-06 | Received ITA for SC189
    2022-11-25 | Visa Lodge
    2022-12-05 | Medical
    2023-04-17 | Visa Grant!! THANK YOU LORD!!!
    2023-07-29 | BIG MOVE!!

• aimeeuyaimeeuy Posts: 3Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@aimeeuy said:
    Hi, my husband is a chef de partie here in Baguio for 2 years and I am an Events Manager for 6 years. Any advise for us.

Thank you

You might fall under conference and event organiser

Hi @RheaMARN1171933 What Subclass can I apply? What step do we need to do first?