Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Engineers Australia Skills Assessment

JClemJClem MelbournePosts: 528Member
Hi,

I believe there is no existing discussion yet on skills assessment for engineers. Thus, I'm taking the initiative to open this thread. :)

For engineers who would like their skills to be assessed by Engineering Australia, below is the link where you can find all the details and requirements in submitting your application.

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/about-us/role-activities/msa/msa_home.cfm

It's important that you download the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet and READ and UNDERSTAND it thoroughly. In case you have any questions or clarifications, you can post it here. =)

For engineers naman who are already in the stage of doing their career episodes and summary statement, below is a sample:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23882819/gustavo-valencia-career-episodes-modificado

God bless us all! :)

Nominated Occupation: Software Engineer (261313) - Husband is the primary applicant.

10.21.2012 - Arrived in Melbourne. This is the day that the Lord has made. :)
03.26.2012 - Visa granted. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! :)
03.23.2012 - PCC submitted and medicals finalized
03.02.2012 - Application being processed further / CO assigned
06.26.2011 - Lodged Visa 175 application

shikshyasadanjohn314rvmaalaEmmanation

Comments

• JClemJClem Melbourne
    By the way, for engineers naman who already submitted their EA application. May we know your status? I submitted mine last February 13, 2011 and it was acknowledged Feb. 17 by charging my credit card with the application fee. As of this writing, I haven't heard from them yet. I'm still within their processing period of 12-16 weeks. I do believe that God is at work. :)

Nominated Occupation: Software Engineer (261313) - Husband is the primary applicant.

03.26.2012 - Visa granted. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! :)

• wilcezwilcez Sydney
    @JClem..
    ano pong engr kyo? usually po tlga e tinatapos nla ung 16wks processing.. 
    lalo pag complete lhat ng docs na sinubmit.. 
  • JClemJClem Melbourne
    Hi Wilcez! I'm an Industrial Engineering graduate. Yung 16 weeks ba magsstart from the time they charged your credit card or acknowledged your payment?
    Lizzy

• wilcezwilcez Sydney
    hi JClem..yup mgstart un frm receipt nla ng report u.. :) ako kc last yr nagpaassess..chem engr nman me..sa awa ng nsa taas e positive naman..  but still I can't proceed dun s application kc kulang me points.. 
    lol..psaway kc n ielts ang hirap mkkuha ng mataas n band score.. 
  • jang_ice30jang_ice30 Adelaide
    hello all... question lang po.. pwede ba mag pa skill assess kahit meron na 5.5 sa ielts?
    ASC1986
  • mikaimikai Lexington
    Kami Feb 28 yung receipt. Still waiting for the results, sana mreon na before July 1. :)

Aug 15, 2011 - Visa 175 Lodged (Mechanical Engr)
    Feb 21, 2012 - Application Being Processed Further
    Mar 30, 2012 - Contacted by C.O.
    Apr 14, 2012 - Med and PCC sent
    May 10, 2012 - Visa Granted! Thank you Lord!

• wilcezwilcez Sydney
    hello all... question lang po.. pwede ba mag pa skill assess kahit meron na 5.5 sa ielts?
    Hi jang_ice..u need at least 6 in all module ng ielts bgo nla iassess ung cdr mo.. ngielts nb u?
  • jayjee09jayjee09 Singapore
    ay hindi ko alam yun a? is IELTS really a requirement for skills assessment? requirement din po ba to sa IT skills assessment in ACS?
    sorry wrong thead. this is for engineering topics pala.
  • jang_ice30jang_ice30 Adelaide
    @wilcez

yup.. nag ielts me kaso meron me 5.5 sa reading =(
  • necronsnecrons Sydney
    i just wan't to confirm this if someone have done His/Her assessment with EA(positive result) whose profession is ECE and working as an equipment/production engineer in a manufacturing and chosen nominated occupation as Plant or Production Engineer.
  • JClemJClem Melbourne
    The waiting game goes on... 8-> [-O<

• jelmsjelms North Ryde
    @JClem : Hi jClem, wala pabang result from EA? Kaya ko tinanong sayo kasi ikaw iyong parang binabasehan ko. Na acknowledge kasi iyong receipt ng husband ko sa EA mga Feb 24. Mga one week lang pagitan sayo. Sana ok lang result ng husband ko, sayo at sa iban pang nag submit. Iyon nalang hinihintay namin. Sana makahabol pa before July o1:-) God Bless
  • mikaimikai Lexington
    Thank you for applying for a Migration Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia. Please note that applications are dealt with on a first-in, first-out basis.

Please refer to the date on the receipt which acknowledged your fee payment.

1. If you have lodged a COMPETENCY DEMONSTRATION REPORT (CDR), the current turnaround time is c.16 weeks

- CDR applications received on the 11 January 2011 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

2. If you have lodged a Washington or Sydney ACCORD application, or accredited Australian Engineering Qualification (AEQ) for assessment, the current turnaround time is c.4 weeks

- Accord or AEQ applications received on the 03 May 2011 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

Please make due allowance for delivery times per Australian Post, etc

Kind Regards

Migration Skills Assessment Team
    Education and Assessment
    Engineers Australia
    11 National Circuit
    BARTON ACT
    Australia 2600

• mikaimikai Lexington
    sorry, outdated yung first post, not sure how to undo posting a comment. anyways, ito yung latest as of today june 6:

Thank you for applying for a Migration Skills Assessment with Engineers Australia. Please note that applications are dealt with on a first-in, first-out basis.

Please refer to the date on the receipt which acknowledged your fee payment.

1. If you have lodged a COMPETENCY DEMONSTRATION REPORT (CDR), the current turnaround time is c.16 weeks

- CDR applications received on the 14 February 2011 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

2. If you have lodged a Washington or Sydney ACCORD application, or accredited Australian Engineering Qualification (AEQ) for assessment, the current turnaround time is c.4 weeks

- Accord or AEQ applications received on the 2 June 2011 are currently with an assessing case officer - formal advice of the outcomes will be generated within the next 10 days or so

Please make due allowance for delivery times per Australian Post, etc

Kind Regards

Migration Skills Assessment Team
    Education and Assessment
    Engineers Australia
    11 National Circuit
    BARTON ACT
    Australia 2600

*********************************************************************************
    This email was generated automatically. Please do not reply to this email, or send any other enquiry to this email address. Any other enquiry will be ignored.

• JClemJClem Melbourne
    Hi Jelms! Sad to say, wala pa din. :-( Feb.16 nila acknowledged application ko so ang estimate ko is June 8 yung 16th week ng assessment ko. According to the other forum, exactly 16th week daw inonotify ka na nila na ipapadala na nila yung letter. Hay sana nga umabot ng July 1.

@jelms
    @JClem : Hi jClem, wala pabang result from EA? Kaya ko tinanong sayo kasi ikaw iyong parang binabasehan ko. Na acknowledge kasi iyong receipt ng husband ko sa EA mga Feb 24. Mga one week lang pagitan sayo. Sana ok lang result ng husband ko, sayo at sa iban pang nag submit. Iyon nalang hinihintay namin. Sana makahabol pa before July o1:-) God Bless

• jelmsjelms North Ryde
    @JClem : Iyong sa husband ko din bali sa June 16 pa mag 16 weeks. I'm just hoping na maka abot pa kami...huhuhu. Balitaan mo kani dito ha if nasa iyo na iyong result ng assessment. Good luck and God Bless.
  • JClemJClem Melbourne
    Sure Jelms! :) Sino nga pala principal applicant sa inyo ng husband mo? Samin kasi husband ko ang principal and pasado na sya sa skills assessment ng ACS. Last week lang dumating letter nya. In fact, pwede na kami mag-lodge ng application sa DIAC. Kaya lang gusto ko kasi i-claim yung 5points from partner skills. Pag by June 20 wala pa kong result from EA, baka maglodge na din kami.
    @JClem : Iyong sa husband ko din bali sa June 16 pa mag 16 weeks. I'm just hoping na maka abot pa kami...huhuhu. Balitaan mo kani dito ha if nasa iyo na iyong result ng assessment. Good luck and God Bless.

• JClemJClem Melbourne
    Yesterday, June 8, marked the 16th week of my EA assessment application. Ok na kaya to make a follow-up sa EA? What do you think guys?

• jelmsjelms North Ryde
    @JClem : Hi JCLEm : Pwede na siguro tumawag sa EA. May nabasa ako sa ibang forum na pagdating ng 16th weeks tinawagan niya ang EA to check his result. Ayon sinabihan siya ng positive. Plan then namin to call them next week ( June 16) kasi 16th weeks na din un from the date of receipt from EA:-)...Go go go girl...God Bless.

By the way, main applicant pala husband ko.
    gud luck sa inyo sana positive result JClem and sa inyo rin jelms.
  • jelmsjelms North Ryde
    @jayjee09 : Thanks:-)...How about sa iyo? Naka lodge ka na ba ng application? Kami Assessment result nalang hinihintay namin...Sana makahabol pa sa July...hayz...hehe
  • JClemJClem Melbourne
    Hi Jelms! Nagreply na si EA on my inquiry regarding the result of my assessment and it made my day happy because I passed the assessment, Skill Level 1 (Professional Engr.) with the ANZSCO code of my course. I really thank God for it! =)

June 8 yung naka-date dun sa letter, exactly 16 weeks. They sent me a file copy of the letter (not in EA's letterhead but signed by the assessor). Iniisip ko ngayon if pwede na sya ipasa sa DIAC then send ko na lang agad yung hardcopy once mareceive ko. Ok kaya yun?

• mikaimikai Lexington
    Hi Jelms! Nagreply na si EA on my inquiry regarding the result of my assessment and it made my day happy because I passed the assessment, Skill Level 1 (Professional Engr.) with the ANZSCO code of my course. I really thank God for it! =)

June 8 yung naka-date dun sa letter, exactly 16 weeks. They sent me a file copy of the letter (not in EA's letterhead but signed by the assessor). Iniisip ko ngayon if pwede na sya ipasa sa DIAC then send ko na lang agad yung hardcopy once mareceive ko. Ok kaya yun?
    @JClem, tinawagan mo ba? or inemail?

• jelmsjelms North Ryde
    @JClem : wwoowowowowowww...Congrats:-)...So happy for you. Lodge na kayo...weehhh...Excited na ako sa June 16 din. Sana positive din assessment ni husband. Tsaka nga pala ano ginawa mo? Email? Nag reply ba agad sila? Ano nilagay mo sa subject? Plan kasi namin ni husband na by June 15 gagawa kami ng draft sa email tapos sa June 16 namin e send. huh...
    Sa tanong mo, try mo sa isang thread natin baka may alam sila. Iyon din kasi plano namin if ok lang talaga iyong assessment mag lodge agad kami tapos to follow lang nuh if darating na iyong formal letter talaga nila. Kasi pag hihintayin pa namin iyong letter baka maabotan kami ng July 01. hehe.
  • JClemJClem Melbourne
    Email. No need to call. Mabilis sila magreply.

@JClem, tinawagan mo ba? or inemail?

• JClemJClem Melbourne
    Hi Jelms! Email lang, mabilis naman sila magreply. I placed my Contact ID they provided sa OR dun sa subject ng email then my name. Ganito lang kasimple email ko. You can just copy it and provide your details:

Dear Sir/Madame,

Good day to you!

I would like to inquire if the result of my EA skills assessment is already available.

My contact ID is ________ (my name). My requirements were acknowledged last February 16 based on the date indicated in the official receipt.

I am hoping for your kind response. Thank you so much.

Sincerely yours,
    My Name
    @JClem : wwoowowowowowww...Congrats:-)...So happy for you. Lodge na kayo...weehhh...Excited na ako sa June 16 din. Sana positive din assessment ni husband. Tsaka nga pala ano ginawa mo? Email? Nag reply ba agad sila? Ano nilagay mo sa subject? Plan kasi namin ni husband na by June 15 gagawa kami ng draft sa email tapos sa June 16 namin e send. huh...
    Sa tanong mo, try mo sa isang thread natin baka may alam sila. Iyon din kasi plano namin if ok lang talaga iyong assessment mag lodge agad kami tapos to follow lang nuh if darating na iyong formal letter talaga nila. Kasi pag hihintayin pa namin iyong letter baka maabotan kami ng July 01. hehe.

• jelmsjelms North Ryde
    Waaahhhhh. Feb. 24 na ina assess ni EA.huhuhu. Sana positive lang result ni husband...Bukas mag e-email kami kun ano ang result. God Bless
  • unanimous21unanimous21 Brisbane
    Hi JClem,

Panu mo nakuha ung Or/Contac ID from EA? pinadalhan ka ba ng sulat? How many days before u got the letter? i also sent my documents and was received on 6th, then i checked my debit card and nadeduct na ung payment last June 10th. Kaso wala aqng naririnig from them, either email or letter. Shall i wait or shall i email them? thanks.

April 16, 2011 - took IELTS (L:8, R:7.5, W:8, S:7.5 OBS:8) I June 2, 2011 - submitted skills assessment to EA I October 26, 2011 - applied for Victoria State Sponsorship I December 03, 2011 - fiancee took IELTS I December 26, 2011 - lodged visa 176 (Victoria SS/Melbourne) I January 23,2012 - CO Allocation (Team 6) I February 20, 2012 - Submitted Police Clearances (Philippines, India & Maldives) I February 26, 2012 - finished medicals I March 13, 2012 - VISA GRANT! THANK YOU LORD!!! I December 04,2012 - initial entry as stated in the visa grant notification

• jelmsjelms North Ryde
    Hi Unanimous21: Please allow me to share this. Nakuha namin iyong Contact ID from EA thru letter. Bali na receive nila iyong documents namin Feb.24 ayon kinaltasan agad iyong CC namin.hehehe. They sent the acknowledgement letter Feb. 25 dumating dito sa Cebu post office MArch 14 at na deliver sa bahay namin mga March 20 na. Hintayin mo lang iyong sa iyo at darating din iyong acknowledgement letter which nandoon na iyong contact ID:-)...God Bless