Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Prospective marriage visa processing time

Hi guys.. does anyone knows how many months for PMV processing ? Will it really take you to wait for almost 2yrs?! Me and my fiancee is planning to lodge or applicatiin for next month na sana.
Thank u ...

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@chamark said:

Hi guys.. does anyone knows how many months for PMV processing ? Will it really take you to wait for almost 2yrs?! Me and my fiancee is planning to lodge or applicatiin for next month na sana.
    Thank u ...

75% of applications: 16 months
    90% of applications: 22 months

Thats what in the DHA Website. There's a high volume of application with a limited quota thats why it takes that long. What you can do is be married, apply for visitor visa and apply onshore for visa 820. Kahit na matagal ang approval, at least nandito ka na sa Au and live with him. PMV Visa is only valid for 9 months and you are required to get married before it expires and apply for spouse visa 820/801.

• chamarkchamark Posts: 107Member
    I see we are actually gathering requirements for Pmv na and we are about to get an agency for our application. I hope maka tulong ang agency to speed up para hindi maging almost 2 years ang waiting time ko for my pmv. Though i still hold a multiple TV Valid until next year pa naman.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@chamark said:

I see we are actually gathering requirements for Pmv na and we are about to get an agency for our application. I hope maka tulong ang agency to speed up para hindi maging almost 2 years ang waiting time ko for my pmv. Though i still hold a multiple TV Valid until next year pa naman.

I see. The agency have nothing to do with the processing time. Applications naman are evaluated per case-to-case basis so it could be shorter (hopefully). May quota kasi per visa type and currently, the applications are double than the target kaya matagal talaga. Goodluck!

Thank you sa info po.. just praying na everything will go smoothly with our application.
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@chamark said:

Thank you sa info po.. just praying na everything will go smoothly with our application.

Date lodge: February 21,2018

CO contacted after 6 months for additional doc.

Feb.4 ,2019: CO requested updated NBI CLEARANCE

For your info..Her PMV was approved Aug 12, 2019...thats 18 months wait

Thank you sa info po atleast now i have an idea of the average timeline for real. Talked to my fiancee already and we might just do pmv 300 since i can always file for TV naman. Hopefully CO will be good to us...☺️
  • lakai18lakai18 Posts: 8Member

@fgs said:

@chamark said:

Thank u ...

75% of applications: 16 months
    90% of applications: 22 months

Thats what in the DHA Website. There's a high volume of application with a limited quota thats why it takes that long. What you can do is be married, apply for visitor visa and apply onshore for visa 820. Kahit na matagal ang approval, at least nandito ka na sa Au and live with him. PMV Visa is only valid for 9 months and you are required to get married before it expires and apply for spouse visa 820/801.

Hi FGS,

Is that possible?

Go to Au with Visitor Visa. Then get married and apply for onshore visa 820? What happens when my Visitor Visa expires?

Thank you.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@lakai18

Hi FGS,

Is that possible?

Go to Au with Visitor Visa. Then get married and apply for onshore visa 820? What happens when my Visitor Visa expires?

Thank you.

Yes thats possible..or be married in Ph, come on a visitor visa then apply visa 820...if youre here on a tourist visa, once you submit your visa 820, a bridging visa will be issued to you and will only take effect when your visitor visa expires. This will make your stay in australia lawful while waiting for the approval of the 820 visa. Usually Bridging visa A ang ibibigay at walang travel facility eto. If you need to travel outside Au at wala pa result ang 820, you need to apply Bridging Visa B....this is the best option if you wanted to be with your spouse ASAP kasi waiting time usually takes 1 year or more.

@fgs said:

@lakai18

Hi FGS,

Is that possible?

Thank you.

Yes thats possible..or be married in Ph, come on a visitor visa then apply visa 820...if youre here on a tourist visa, once you submit your visa 820, a bridging visa will be issued to you and will only take effect when your visitor visa expires. This will make your stay in australia lawful while waiting for the approval of the 820 visa. Usually Bridging visa A ang ibibigay at walang travel facility eto. If you need to travel outside Au at wala pa result ang 820, you need to apply Bridging Visa B....this is the best option if you wanted to be with your spouse ASAP kasi waiting time usually takes 1 year or more.

Thanks FGS!

My fiance and I badly wanted for me to get to Sydney the soonest. We're considering PMV compared to Spouse Visa as we thought it is the fastest way for me to get there.

Though I have to do research first with how Bridging Visa A works, I am so happy there is a faster way if ever.

Thank you so much!

Would you know someone who did onshore 820 then went to Bridging Visa route?

@lakai18 said:

@fgs said:

@lakai18

Hi FGS,

Is that possible?

Thank you.

Thanks FGS!

My fiance and I badly wanted for me to get to Sydney the soonest. We're considering PMV compared to Spouse Visa as we thought it is the fastest way for me to get there.

Though I have to do research first with how Bridging Visa A works, I am so happy there is a faster way if ever.

Thank you so much!

Is it possible to go to Sydney with Visitor Visa. Then get married in Sydney. Then apply for Visa 820?

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@lakai18 said:

@lakai18 said:

@fgs said:

@lakai18

Hi FGS,

Is that possible?

Thank you.

Thanks FGS!

Thank you so much!

Is it possible to go to Sydney with Visitor Visa. Then get married in Sydney. Then apply for Visa 820?

My nephew's wife came here on TV..after my nephew got his PR, went home and married his GF..applied TV and applied 820 onshore..that was in 2017..already waiting for the PR visa application....forPMV, u should be out of Au when the visa will be granted

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@lakai18 said:

@lakai18 said:

@fgs said:

@lakai18

Hi FGS,

Is that possible?

Thank you.

Thanks FGS!

Thank you so much!

The purpose of Bridging visa is to Bridge you between visas, thus the term "Bridging". This is to ensure that your stay is lawful in case your current visa expires while waiting for the result of another substantive visa application...anyone applying for another visa while in australia is issued a BV...even if you are appying for TV extension, u will still be granted a BVA.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@Lakai18

The 300 visa process to permanent residency

The prospective marriage visa pathway is, therefore, a 3-stage process to permanent residence, comprising the following steps:
    Step 1: You first need to lodge a prospective marriage subclass 300 visa application, which, if granted, will allow you to travel to and reside in Australia for a period of up to 9 months to marry your Australian partner.
    Step 2: Once you have married your partner (within the 9-month visa period), you are then expected to lodge a combined application for an onshore partner subclass 820/801 visa.
    Step 3: Two years following lodgement of your combined subclass 820/801 visa application, the Department will assess whether you continue to satisfy the requirements for a grant of the subclass 801 visa, with a successful application resulting in a grant of permanent residence in Australia.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

PMV is a 9 mos visa and you should marry before it expires then apply for 820 then 801 visa.... Longer process for you...if you have TV now, come get married then apply for visa 820 or fiance' comes to Ph, get married, come to Au as Tourist then apply visa 820..

@fgs said:

PMV is a 9 mos visa and you should marry before it expires then apply for 820 then 801 visa.... Longer process for you...if you have TV now, come get married then apply for visa 820 or fiance' comes to Ph, get married, come to Au as Tourist then apply visa 820..

Thank you for all the information FGS!

@fgs sis would you know if nag process na nang BV from TV then still waiting pa for spousal visa may work rights ba?
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@chamark said:

@fgs sis would you know if nag process na nang BV from TV then still waiting pa for spousal visa may work rights ba?

Pagexpire ng TV at nag effect na BVisa..may full working rights..i actually checked the visa grant...you can always check vevo which of your visas is currently in effect

• vanessajoyvanessajoy laguna philippines

hi, ask ko lang po di ba bago ka mag apply ng partner visa dapat prospective marriage muna?kasi requiment sa partner visa ung kasal dapat.
    Thank you po

@chamark

August 20 Report
    Thank you sa info po atleast now i have an idea of the average timeline for real. Talked to my fiancee already and we might just do pmv 300 since i can always file for TV naman. Hopefully CO will be good to us...☺️

hi, pwd po ba mag tanong? correct me if im wrong, after submitting PMV 300 and while waiting for the result I can apply for Tourist visa?ty

@chamark

hi again, sorry for too many posts. As per checking, "https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/prospective-marriage-300#HowTo", it means its not allowed to apply for a tourist visa while waiting?? hope anyone can help.ty

"Travel
    Do not arrange to travel to Australia until we let you know, in writing, that we have granted you the visa."

• beebeebeebee Australia
    edited October 2019

You can apply TV. They will ask you to go back to PH before they will grant you for PMV.

edited October 2019

@vanessajoy pwede ka mag apply sis pero ako maybe ill just wait for my PMV result nalang kase masyadong magastos if back and forth then kailangan pa mag save sa wedding pagdating ng OZ. Nakapg Lodge ka na ?

@bb_2017 thank you very much :)

@chamark said:
    @vanessajoy pwede ka mag apply sis pero ako maybe ill just wait for my PMV result nalang kase masyadong magastos if back and forth then kailangan pa mag save sa wedding pagdating ng OZ. Nakapg Lodge ka na ?

@chamark thanks sis. di pa ako nag lo lodge kasi I wanted to read stuff here muna sa net. yup youre correct, its very expensive gusto kasi ni bf ng more time pa before marriage (so we can save more).

So you're still working sis in the PH?

@vanessajoy kami ni hubby baka this nov kami mag submit din and yes im still here in ph and working. back and fort lang ako for the past years sa OZ or vice versa kami ni hubby.

• Butterfly8i8Butterfly8i8 PH

Hi ask ko lang. may requirement po ba na seminar bago umalis sa Pinas for PMV holders, and visa 820 onshore applicants?

@Butterfly8i8 for PMV yes BI will be asking for that upon departure if wala baka ma
    Offload ka sis. but for onshore im not sure po.

• Butterfly8i8Butterfly8i8 PH

@chamark okay. Thanks. I'll lean on the safe side and scheduled for a CFO seminar.

• Hera031188Hera031188 Posts: 5Member

Hi, for PMV application, Evidence of phone, internet or social media communication over the course of the relationship
    Gaano po karami ang pwedeng iattach?

Type your comment @Hera031188 For chats what i did was since i have been in a 5yrs relationship every year i have to do A good for 6months screeNshots. Whats important was the first day you communicated then to the recent.