******Egg Processing and Hatchery Position******
We are Victoria’s largest producer of processed/preserved Asian specialty duck eggs. The eggs we supply are fresh, balut, salted and century.
The role is very hands on in all areas of egg handling. The workload is varied and shared. We are looking for a long term valued staff member for our small team. Egg experience is highly regarded, and full training provided. It will suit someone hard working, well organised and mature minded.
JOB TYPE: Initially casual with view to permanent Full/Part Time. The position falls under the Pastoral Award (Poultry). Initial casual award wages ($24.36 p/h) to be reviewed after trial period.
HOURS: Hours of operation are from 8am until needed currently Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The hours and days maybe flexible
LOCATION: 4 / 61 Castro Way Derrimut Vic 3026
START DATE: asap
• Egg handling
• Candling eggs for fertility
• Lifting of eggs and pushing trolleys
• Pressure washing equipment and general cleaning of equipment and production areas
• Preparing solution
• Lifting <15/20kg
• Preparing eggs for orders: packaging, labelling, recording
• Handling day old ducklings
• Basic record keeping
• Excellent eyesight
• Attention to detail
• Good sense of touch
• Ability to work quickly yet gently
• Physical strength with no ailments
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Good numeracy and English literacy
• Work unsupervised
• Previous work history with 2 contactable work references
• Must be able to legally work in Australia
• Must not have any other contact with poultry, bird, and pigs
• Poultry, egg or livestock industry experience
• Egg/ food production experience
• Full Manual car driver’s license
• Forklift license
Enquiries and application with CV, to be emailed to:
Applications must include a cover letter to state why you would like the position and why you think you would be appropriate for it. Applications without a cover letter will not be accessed. Please include contactable work references in your application.
The longest running Pinoy-Australian Forum site in the history. We are connecting Pinoys "in" and "to" Australia since 2010! If you want to join in, click one of these buttons!