Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

44 years old ICT Project Manager

Hello, good day.

My husband, would be the main applicant for the Visa to migrate to Australia. We are from the Philippines, and we have two children ages 14 and 13. We are in the process of completing all my husband's documents for ACS, and my husband will take the PTE language exam in November. We've done our homework in terms of aligning his current job to that of the ANZCO occupation list and we are hoping to receive a positive assessment for 135112 ICT Project Manager.

For this occupation, the DHA website indicates that my husband could apply for Visa 190 or 491. Kindly guide us as to which Visa we should apply for that would take the shortest waiting time to receive an ITA. My husband would be 45 years old in March 2020, and we deem it crucial that we would lodge the correct visa subclass that would ensure a visa to migrate to Australia before he turns 45. Would the Visa 491 lead us to Permanent Residency? Would I (spouse) need to have my skills assessed by AITSL as a teacher - 2414 Secondary School Teacher? Would I need to take the PTE test too, so that my husband could claim points? I am 43 years old, turning 44 in March 2020.

Thank you so much. We appreciate it if you could steer us in the right direction.

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@abbysihco said:
    Hello, good day.

My husband, would be the main applicant for the Visa to migrate to Australia. We are from the Philippines, and we have two children ages 14 and 13. We are in the process of completing all my husband's documents for ACS, and my husband will take the PTE language exam in November. We've done our homework in terms of aligning his current job to that of the ANZCO occupation list and we are hoping to receive a positive assessment for 135112 ICT Project Manager.

For this occupation, the DHA website indicates that my husband could apply for Visa 190 or 491. Kindly guide us as to which Visa we should apply for that would take the shortest waiting time to receive an ITA. My husband would be 45 years old in March 2020, and we deem it crucial that we would lodge the correct visa subclass that would ensure a visa to migrate to Australia before he turns 45. Would the Visa 491 lead us to Permanent Residency? Would I (spouse) need to have my skills assessed by AITSL as a teacher - 2414 Secondary School Teacher? Would I need to take the PTE test too, so that my husband could claim points? I am 43 years old, turning 44 in March 2020.

Thank you so much. We appreciate it if you could steer us in the right direction.

Your husband must be invited to apply before he turns 45. Did you mean he turns 45 in March 2021? Its very hard to gauge which visa you can get a quicker invite..it depends which state, your skills and various factors. Most state's migration programs are still closed as they are still waiting for DHA's allocation( migration number allocations). If Im not mistaken, October ang initial target. There are states issuing sponsorship at the moment but only on specific occupation aligned on economic recovery/ health related occupations dahil sa Covid. Medyo long way to go pa kayo. Skills Assessment would take weeks to process. You cannot create EOI without this and English Test result. You still have to apply for state sponsorship which also takes months/weeks to approve. You only need to have your skills assessed if you are claiming 10 points as a spouse. Medyo tight ang remaining time but all you need is gamble. If not, you can be the the main applicant. If you can get 491 visa which is provisional, you can apply for a PR visa after complying the 3 year residency and earnings requirements later even the main applicant is more than 45 years old. Goodluck!

baikenabbysihco
  • baikenbaiken QLD

if I may suggest as well po, it would be good to consult a MARA agent, "some" of them offer a free consultation on your first time :) they can tell you din po kung ano specifically ang pwedeng i-apply na Visa on your current circumstances...

all the best po! :)

Adminabbysihco

263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer | Age: 25 | Education: 15 | English: 20 | Experience: 10 | PY: 5 | CCL: 5
    Total: 80/85 on Visa 189/190 Respectively

23.02.2018 | Signed up for the forum. Started gathering Documents and Reviewing for IELTS.
    01.06.2018 | Company offered to provide 482 Visa, GRABBED IT!!!
    15.10.2018 | 482 Visa Lodged
    13.11.2018 | 482 Visa Granted
    POEA Processing = took me almost a year to get all documents in place.

07.06.2019 | Finally the BM!!!
    01.10.2019 | Started to review for PTE, aiming for Superior scores!
    23.02.2020 | PTE Mock Test = L=68/R=64/S=90/W=77
    29.02.2020 | PTE Test = L=90/R=85/S=90/W=85 - Got SUPERIOR on the 1st try! Thank You Lord!!!
    01.03.2020 | EOI Lodged for Visa 189/190 NSW (80/85)
    10.06.2020 | EOI Updated due to PY point addition (80/85)
    24.09.2020 | EOI Updated due to Passing NAATI CCL (85/90)
    10.05.2021 | Pursuing 186 (DE) - Thank God for His Favour!!!
    11.03.2022 | Visa 186 (DE) - Nomination and Visa Application Lodged... Now the waiting begins...
    14.01.2023 | Visa 186 (DE) - GRANTED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Citizenship Timeline:
    22.01.2024 | Citizenship Application made online. THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

• abbysihcoabbysihco Posts: 36Member

Thank you for your fast responses.
    Matagal na namin gustong mag migrate, and because of our busy schedules in the rat race, it is just now during the lockdown that made us revisit/rethink all opportunities we have let go. You’re right @fgs we are on a tight schedule. Certification from my husband’s university is also taking a long time due to covid.
    But my hopes aren’t thwarted. Grateful for this group.

@baiken said:
    if I may suggest as well po, it would be good to consult a MARA agent, "some" of them offer a free consultation on your first time :) they can tell you din po kung ano specifically ang pwedeng i-apply na Visa on your current circumstances...

I’ve sent email to one I discovered in YouTube, Caanwings, familiar po kayo sa kanila? The free advise we got is to focus on Visa 491, and bantayan ang state nominations.

Which actually is also what I am confused about. Do we file an EOI for each state? So kung all 7 states gusto namin applyan, 7 EOIs din po ba yun? i’m not sure if this is wise but just for example.

Thank you

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@abbysihco said:

@baiken said:

I’ve sent email to one I discovered in YouTube, Caanwings, familiar po kayo sa kanila? The free advise we got is to focus on Visa 491, and bantayan ang state nominations.

Which actually is also what I am confused about. Do we file an EOI for each state? So kung all 7 states gusto namin applyan, 7 EOIs din po ba yun? i’m not sure if this is wise but just for example.

Thank you

Each state have their own skilled occupations list and have their own nomination process. Don ka lang pwede magapply sa state kung saan needed ang skills mo. I suggest create a separate eoi for each state para malagay mo lang ang specific state. Medyo seloso minsan ibang state, pag madami ka pipiliin saan mo gusto magsponsor medyo magaalangan sila to invite you kasi nga di ka committed sa iisang state. Use www.anzscosearch.com para malaman saang state pwede yang occupation mo. Maganda sya kasi isang snapshot lang kita mo na lahat ng options mo. You just need to create an account para makita mo lahat ng features..free naman sya

abbysihco

Each state have their own skilled occupations list and have their own nomination process. Don ka lang pwede magapply sa state kung saan needed ang skills mo. I suggest create a separate eoi for each state para malagay mo lang ang specific state. Medyo seloso minsan ibang state, pag madami ka pipiliin saan mo gusto magsponsor medyo magaalangan sila to invite you kasi nga di ka committed sa iisang state. Use www.anzscosearch.com para malaman saang state pwede yang occupation mo. Maganda sya kasi isang snapshot lang kita mo na lahat ng options mo. You just need to create an account para makita mo lahat ng features..free naman sya

Thank you!!! This is truly helpful.

Pwede na kaya mag job search kahit wala pa sa Australia? IS there a chance to have an employer nominate offshore applicants?

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@abbysihco said:
    Pwede na kaya mag job search kahit wala pa sa Australia? IS there a chance to have an employer nominate offshore applicants?

You can but slim amg chance esp wala ka pang visa. You have to look for an employer willing to sponsor you and this will take long because of the nomination process esp now na maraming nawalan ng work dito. The employer needs to prove na di sya makahanap ng worker onshore. Besides, mawawalan ka na ng chance to get a PR visa later kasi mag aapply ka pa din and the age req still applies. May exemption man din sa age limit provided you are earning a certain salary cap( 130k+ yata a year).

baikenabbysihco

@fgs said:

@abbysihco said:

You can but slim amg chance esp wala ka pang visa. You have to look for an employer willing to sponsor you and this will take long because of the nomination process esp now na maraming nawalan ng work dito. The employer needs to prove na di sya makahanap ng worker onshore. Besides, mawawalan ka na ng chance to get a PR visa later kasi mag aapply ka pa din and the age req still applies. May exemption man din sa age limit provided you are earning a certain salary cap( 130k+ yata a year).

salamat po sa pagsagot...... nakakalito ang state nomination, lalo na meron silang interim list na dapat tiga roon na sa lugar nila..... wala pang Occupation List na bago sa mga states/territory?

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@abbysihco said:

@fgs said:

@abbysihco said:

salamat po sa pagsagot...... nakakalito ang state nomination, lalo na meron silang interim list na dapat tiga roon na sa lugar nila..... wala pang Occupation List na bago sa mga states/territory?

Most states wala pang list kasi di pa yata binababa ang mugration targets...Each state has its own migration requirements kaya may sarili din silang list na align pa din sa total Australia targets. You can use www.anzscosearch.com to search your nominated occupation and you can easily see where to apply and what visa you can apply.

abbysihco

@fgs said:

@abbysihco said:

@fgs said:

@abbysihco said:

Most states wala pang list kasi di pa yata binababa ang mugration targets...Each state has its own migration requirements kaya may sarili din silang list na align pa din sa total Australia targets. You can use www.anzscosearch.com to search your nominated occupation and you can easily see where to apply and what visa you can apply.

Thanks. Will definitely do that.
    Is there a template or gantt chart for the steps in seeking state nomination? (nalilito ako.)

oh, there's a guide. A$30........ worth it kaya?

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@abbysihco said:

Saang state ka ba seeking sponsorship? No need to spend $30 for a guide. Its pretty straightforward.

abbysihco

@fgs said:

@abbysihco said:

Saang state ka ba seeking sponsorship? No need to spend $30 for a guide. Its pretty straightforward.

Thanks!! We want Victoria, New South Wales. Since yun company ng husband ko now, meron headquarters doon. Hoping he'd be able to get a job quickly if horizontal transfer. But we already know that they won't process application offshore.

Question po, sa pag lodge ng EOI, hiwalay po ba ang 190 and 491? I do plan to create separate EOIs for the 2 states, but not sure if application for 190 should have a stand alone EOI. Any advice po? Thank you

@abbysihco said:

@fgs said:

@abbysihco said:

Thanks!! We want Victoria, New South Wales. Since yun company ng husband ko now, meron headquarters doon. Hoping he'd be able to get a job quickly if horizontal transfer. But we already know that they won't process application offshore.

Thank you po, super!!! the Anzscosearch is really helpful. kita na kaagad doon kung saan lang pwede mag apply at mag aabang ng nomination. This saved me A$30!! thank you! :)

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@abbysihco said:

@abbysihco said:

@fgs said:

@abbysihco said:

Thank you po, super!!! the Anzscosearch is really helpful. kita na kaagad doon kung saan lang pwede mag apply at mag aabang ng nomination. This saved me A$30!! thank you! :)

You can create multiple eois..separate per state...ang process kasi ng NSW and Victoria ay magseselect sila from the EOIs kung sino iinvite nila for state sponsorship. Medyo seloso mga states kaya kung dalawang states naticked mo sa application, mag aalangan sila to invite you kasi nga parang di ka committed sa particular state..mas ok na separate eois kahit naticked mo both 190 or 491.

abbysihco

You can create multiple eois..separate per state...ang process kasi ng NSW and Victoria ay magseselect sila from the EOIs kung sino iinvite nila for state sponsorship. Medyo seloso mga states kaya kung dalawang states naticked mo sa application, mag aalangan sila to invite you kasi nga parang di ka committed sa particular state..mas ok na separate eois kahit naticked mo both 190 or 491.

So, I can tick 190 and 491 in all EOIs, but separate them by state, tama?

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@abbysihco said:

So, I can tick 190 and 491 in all EOIs, but separate them by state, tama?

Yes

abbysihco

We had to withdraw our EOIs for 190 and 491...... my husband turned 45 already a couple of months ago.... We are trying to explore a different pathway. EOI for GTI..... any discussion/threads you can recommend regarding this? Thank you

• AdminAdmin Singapore

@abbysihco said:
    We had to withdraw our EOIs for 190 and 491...... my husband turned 45 already a couple of months ago.... We are trying to explore a different pathway. EOI for GTI..... any discussion/threads you can recommend regarding this? Thank you

I just turned 40 last May and my points dropped considerably for the age, another option I'm also considering is Canada, they don't have age limit or should I say a bit lenient when it comes to age but might need to do IELTS for the English test.

2010-06 : Lurker at philippines.com.au (previously the #1 Pinoy Australian Forum)
    2010-06 : Started researching on Visa 175 - Target 120pts
    2011-08 : Started prev employer document gathering for ACS skill assessment (0/4)
    2010-12 : Philippines.com.au went offline and created www.pinoyau.info
    2011-03 : 1st child born - AU dream halted
    2014-03 : ACS document - 1/5 emp ref completed
    2015-01: Promoted at work - AU dream halted
    2015-11: ACS document - 1/6 emp ref completed
    2016-09: 2nd child born - AU dream halted
    2018-09: ACS document - 6/8 emp ref completed
    2018-09: Revised all employment references and affidavit from scratch
    2019-03: Completed Revised 8/8 emp ref
    2019-03: PTE Exam - L59,R75,S62,W64 (no preparation)
    2019-07: Favorable Skills Assessment result for Software Eng
    2019-11: PTE Exam - L70,R68,S79,W68 (competent only)
    2020-02: PTE Exam - L79,R79,S86,W76 (grr lack 3pts on Writing)
    2020-03: PTE Exam - L85,R75,S87,W86 (Mar 4 - grr nag increase L, S and W but bumaba 4pts si R!!!!!)
    2020-03 PTE Exam - L81 R79 S90 W81 (Mar 9 - Salamat Lord!!!!)