Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

OBA vs Bachelor's

RaejiRaeji SydneyPosts: 29Member

Hello po sa mga aussie nurses. I am currently a first yr nursing student here in Sydney. I am thinking of doing OBA po to save time and money. Because the tuition here is no joke talaga. 😭 I am looking for other options na may pathway to PR if ever man po na mag decide ako to give up my bachelor's. What do you Suggest that I do po, aside sa OBA and Bachelor? Thank you po.

Comments

• cuccicucci NSW

@Raeji said:
    Hello po sa mga aussie nurses. I am currently a first yr nursing student here in Sydney. I am thinking of doing OBA po to save time and money. Because the tuition here is no joke talaga. 😭 I am looking for other options na may pathway to PR if ever man po na mag decide ako to give up my bachelor's. What do you Suggest that I do po, aside sa OBA and Bachelor? Thank you po.

Are you an RN registered with PRC or another registration authority and with at least 450 hours of nursing experience within the last 5 years? If not then you cannot be referred to OBA and will have to undergo the bachelors program to be a nurse here in Au.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

• RaejiRaeji Sydney

@cucci said:

@Raeji said:

Are you an RN registered with PRC or another registration authority and with at least 450 hours of nursing experience within the last 5 years? If not then you cannot be referred to OBA and will have to undergo the bachelors program to be a nurse here in Au.

Hello. Yes I am a RN in the Philippines and have worked in the Middle East too. So that means I can take the OBA? Do I need to change my course now? Because I'm taking Bachelors again here in Sydney. 😔 Is it possible to change to a cheaper course and focus on OBA? Thank you for you reply. 🙏

• cuccicucci NSW

@Raeji said:

@cucci said:

@Raeji said:

Hello. Yes I am a RN in the Philippines and have worked in the Middle East too. So that means I can take the OBA? Do I need to change my course now? Because I'm taking Bachelors again here in Sydney. 😔 Is it possible to change to a cheaper course and focus on OBA? Thank you for you reply. 🙏

If you're on student visa, I am not sure of how to change course and still retain your visa. Since I am not aware of your circumstances, dapat sana nag OBA ka na rather than bachelors or is your bachelor a nursing conversion course?

Submit your credentials to AHPRA for evaluation and be referred to OBA. It's a lot cheaper and faster than bachelors.

But be cautioned, I do not know all your circumstances... and these are only suggestions on what you have posted so far.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• RaejiRaeji Sydney

When I applied for SV po kasi OBA did not start yet po. I was here na before po sya nagstart eh. It's a 3yr course po, not conversion. Hindi po Inoffer sakin ng agent eh. Meron pa po ba conversion leading to registration? If yes po, meron po dito sa NSW? Nag self check po ako for OBA, stream B po. So I was thinking po na downgrade ko course and focus on OBA. Kaso sabi po ng aren't baka magka problem po sa visa ko. 😔 Kaya I'm asking po baka may other options pa kesa tapusin ko po 3yrs. Thanks po

• cuccicucci NSW

@Raeji said:
    When I applied for SV po kasi OBA did not start yet po. I was here na before po sya nagstart eh. It's a 3yr course po, not conversion. Hindi po Inoffer sakin ng agent eh. Meron pa po ba conversion leading to registration? If yes po, meron po dito sa NSW? Nag self check po ako for OBA, stream B po. So I was thinking po na downgrade ko course and focus on OBA. Kaso sabi po ng aren't baka magka problem po sa visa ko. 😔 Kaya I'm asking po baka may other options pa kesa tapusin ko po 3yrs. Thanks po

Am not sure kung meron pang conversion courses being offered... at kung meron dito sa NSW... haven't had the time to check recently... pero before covid, mostly nakita ko sa either Perth or Victoria na mga schools ang nag-o-offer.

Anong year mo na, if I may ask? Medyo mahirap mag risk dahil sa visa status mo... better consult an agent.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• RaejiRaeji Sydney

Nakapag tanong po ako about conversion, not applicable na po sya sa akin. Kasi NY graduation po is not within 10yrs period daw po.
    I just started po this March. 1st yr, 1st sem po. Pero last yr po I finished 1 sem from my previous university, but we chose to change to a more affordable uni po.

I have an agent po. She said it's better to finish my course or try pursuing OBA daw po. That's my only option as of now. I'm worried po kasi if I continue my studies, I'm already turning 36 this yr, I'll graduate at 38, then the agent said I need to move to regional after graduation and stay fo at least 2yrs before I can apply for PR. So, I'll be 40 by then. Is there an age limit to hospitals and when applying the PR I might lose points because of my age po.

• cuccicucci NSW

@Raeji said:
    Nakapag tanong po ako about conversion, not applicable na po sya sa akin. Kasi NY graduation po is not within 10yrs period daw po.

I see... I am not aware of the 10 year eligibility...

I just started po this March. 1st yr, 1st sem po. Pero last yr po I finished 1 sem from my previous university, but we chose to change to a more affordable uni po.

I have an agent po. She said it's better to finish my course or try pursuing OBA daw po. That's my only option as of now. I'm worried po kasi if I continue my studies, I'm already turning 36 this yr, I'll graduate at 38, then the agent said I need to move to regional after graduation and stay fo at least 2yrs before I can apply for PR. So, I'll be 40 by then. Is there an age limit to hospitals and when applying the PR I might lose points because of my age po.

Sa tingin ko mas matimbang ang OBA kesa tapusin ang course mo. Ask your agent if you can be allowed to shift to a Cert III or Cert IV course in AIN, Aged Care... anything related sa nursing that you can retain your student visa while taking OBA. Wag Diploma kasi usually either you do it full time or evening periods. That way you will have time for the clinical part of the OBA.... but am not knowledgeable exactly sa ginagawa sa OBA so better check.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• RaejiRaeji Sydney

Thank you very much for your advice po. Yes po, parang mas ok po mgtry OBA. Sige po, I will ask my agent about this po. Thank you po uli. 🙏God bless. Stay safe po. 😊

• unicayenunicayen Dubai

Hello po. I just want to ask some advice regarding SV. Do you think it’s good to apply SV now for next year’s intake. I am a nursing graduate pero hindi RN at walang experience. So nalilito ako ano ba dapat kong gawin. At first ang desisyon namin mag-aaral ako ulit ng 3yrs kaso lang sa situation ngayon na wlang kasiguraduhan kung kelan mag-open ang border, nagdalawang isip na kami. Do you think mas okay na magtry muna ako magboard exam dito sa pinas tpos pag pinalad na makapasa, kukuha ako experience and apply for OBA nalang? Please advise me what would be the best thing to do. Nadepressed lang ako kasi nasira lahat ng plan. Me and my husband resigned from our job in Dubai last year pra dito tapos bgla nakapandemic😣

• cuccicucci NSW

@unicayen said:
    Hello po. I just want to ask some advice regarding SV. Do you think it’s good to apply SV now for next year’s intake. I am a nursing graduate pero hindi RN at walang experience. So nalilito ako ano ba dapat kong gawin. At first ang desisyon namin mag-aaral ako ulit ng 3yrs kaso lang sa situation ngayon na wlang kasiguraduhan kung kelan mag-open ang border, nagdalawang isip na kami. Do you think mas okay na magtry muna ako magboard exam dito sa pinas tpos pag pinalad na makapasa, kukuha ako experience and apply for OBA nalang? Please advise me what would be the best thing to do. Nadepressed lang ako kasi nasira lahat ng plan. Me and my husband resigned from our job in Dubai last year pra dito tapos bgla nakapandemic😣

Based on what you have outline above, taking the nursing board exam gaining the minimum required experience for AHPRA registration would seem to be the fastest option.

May advantages ang mag-aral dito but depende pa rin sa resources available sayo and of course kung ano ang magiging situation ng border at that time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    09.2017 | finished BP

(Thank you Lord!!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

• unicayenunicayen Dubai

May advantages ang mag-aral dito but depende pa rin sa resources available sayo and of course kung ano ang magiging situation ng border at that time.

Thanks @cucci
    Yung opening ng border talaga problem. I guess it will take years pa for Australia to open its borders to international students. 😪

• airamairam Posts: 1Member

Question lang po ano po mas better po conversion or OBA ngaun pandemic?.. pag conversion po isang beses kalang po mag quarantine unlike sa OBA na need mo umuwi after ma expire un tourist visa then another gastos po ulit sa ticket and quarantine facility.

• juannejuanne Posts: 25Member

Hello! its been a while. Any update with the OBA pathway? TIA to anyone who may answer. Almost two years in the pandemic =(

• JB26JB26 Philippines

Good day! For OSCE na po ako pero currently nasa Pinas. Magtatanong lang po sana ako regarding OBA.

1. Since Tourist visa ang applicable sa akin. Ano po ang projection niyo about sa pinaka maaga nilang ibigay na month for tourist visa? Knowing na constantly changing ang travel restriction ng Au at very unpredictable.

2. Ano po ang recommendation niyo about sa mga offshore like me? 2 years na kasi akong naghihintay ng OSCE. Pwede pa po bang ma refer back ako sa bridging since naka received naman ako ng referral letter bago mag Feb 2020? At ituloy ang bridging program? I have heard may intake na next year ng bridging eh.

Salamat and happy new year to all!