Ad space available
reach us at [email protected]
Hi Everyone, I managed to get in touch with Yahoo staff and resolve the issue with the emails and notifications should be back. If you feel like disabling email notifications, you can do it via your Preference settings. Click the upper right Gear icon > Edit Profile > Right side Menu > Notification Preferences.

SC 187 Temporary Residence Transition Stream Eligibility

Anyone here who has an idea if an occupation listed on STSOL is eligible to apply for 187 TRT visa after staying on Regional area and working for the same employer for 3 years?

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@mkel said:
    Anyone here who has an idea if an occupation listed on STSOL is eligible to apply for 187 TRT visa after staying on Regional area and working for the same employer for 3 years?

All occupations listed are eligible

mkel
  • mkelmkel Posts: 4Member

@fgs said:

@mkel said:

Thank you for answering! I really do hope that is the case. May I ask if you have personal experience with SC 187 TRT? I have talked to different agents and they have different/contradicting advices regarding sc 187 TRT. There are few agents who says TRT visa is applicable to an applicant given the circumstances above are met regardless if it’s STSOL or MLTSOL. But some agents says that it is only applicable for occupations on MLTSOL. And if it’s under STSOL, you must be a previous 457 visa holder to be eligible. But in my case, I have only held a TSS 482 visa. I am really confused on who to believe in.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@mkel said:

@fgs said:

@mkel said:

Thank you for answering! I really do hope that is the case. May I ask if you have personal experience with SC 187 TRT? I have talked to different agents and they have different/contradicting advices regarding sc 187 TRT. There are few agents who says TRT visa is applicable to an applicant given the circumstances above are met regardless if it’s STSOL or MLTSOL. But some agents says that it is only applicable for occupations on MLTSOL. And if it’s under STSOL, you must be a previous 457 visa holder to be eligible. But in my case, I have only held a TSS 482 visa. I am really confused on who to believe in.

I dont have any experience on 187 visa. There are 3 major requirements for this visa for you to qualify.
    1. You must have held 457 or 482 visa
    2. Must have work for 3 years with the nominating employer
    3. Must be nominated by an employer ( nomination must be approved within the 6 mos prior to application)

It did not mention anything about whether your nominated occupation is in the STSOL or MLTSOL so i guess its not a concern.

• mkelmkel Posts: 4Member

@fgs said:

@mkel said:

@fgs said:

@mkel said:

I dont have any experience on 187 visa. There are 3 major requirements for this visa for you to qualify.
    1. You must have held 457 or 482 visa
    2. Must have work for 3 years with the nominating employer
    3. Must be nominated by an employer ( nomination must be approved within the 6 mos prior to application)

It did not mention anything about whether your nominated occupation is in the STSOL or MLTSOL so i guess its not a concern.

Hi @fgs,

I’ve read this on the immi website too:

What visa the applicant must hold
    Usually when you nominate them, the applicant must hold or have most recently held:
    -a subclass 457 visa granted under the Standard Business Sponsorship stream, or
    -a subclass 482 visa granted under the Medium-term stream, or
    -a subclass 482 visa granted under the Short-term stream if on 18 April 2017 the nominee held a subclass 457 visa (or had applied for a subclass 457 visa that was later granted).

Saw this eligibility detail when I switched to “for sponsors”.