Ad space available
reach us at [email protected]
Hi Everyone, I managed to get in touch with Yahoo staff and resolve the issue with the emails and notifications should be back. If you feel like disabling email notifications, you can do it via your Preference settings. Click the upper right Gear icon > Edit Profile > Right side Menu > Notification Preferences.

bullying....

schamaschama singaporePosts: 43Member

HI all,

pasensiya na po pero need to vent out..5 years na po ako dito pero everytime po na mag jojoging ako somebody will sisigaw sa (habang nag dridrive sila) akin or lalabas po yung kamay nila with a dirty sign,..cguro makita nila na asian ako kay anaisip nila na ganun ganun na lang,like yesterday pagkatapos kong mamalengke at nilalagay koyung food sa car biglang may huminto s agilid ko ko at sumisigaw na "what are you doin"" at tawa. ng tawa mabuti na lang nakapag pigil ako kasi pag hindi baka nasuntok ko...nka experience po ba kayo nito..? sorry won't name the place for privacy...

Comments

• Desert_CowboyDesert_Cowboy Philippines

@schama said:
    HI all,

pasensiya na po pero need to vent out..5 years na po ako dito pero everytime po na mag jojoging ako somebody will sisigaw sa (habang nag dridrive sila) akin or lalabas po yung kamay nila with a dirty sign,..cguro makita nila na asian ako kay anaisip nila na ganun ganun na lang,like yesterday pagkatapos kong mamalengke at nilalagay koyung food sa car biglang may huminto s agilid ko ko at sumisigaw na "what are you doin"" at tawa. ng tawa mabuti na lang nakapag pigil ako kasi pag hindi baka nasuntok ko...nka experience po ba kayo nito..? sorry won't name the place for privacy...

Nakakadismaya naman. Pero baka naman isolated case lang yan. Di pa po ako nakarating jan, pero ongoing ung applications ko. Dapat cguro di ka magpapabully pag ganyan. I confront mo cla, or throw them a flying kiss if they flash you the finger.

• songhyeky0songhyeky0 Posts: 35Member

Giving the finger I understand. Hindi ko alam kung paano naging bullying ang pagtatanong ng what are you doing tapos tatawa. Hindi naman sa pagiging insensitive pero baka namn they're being playful.

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited November 21

@schama said:
    HI all,

I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences. Is where you live a predominantly caucasian community and it's only you who is Asian? While I'm not sure if what you've experienced is really bullying, but if you feel like you're being treated that way because of the way you look, then it would be more like a case of racism, which is not okay. I've seen/heard many Aussies swearing (f#ck this sh#t, etc.) as part of their conversation because that's just part of their culture. I tend to ignore swearing and odd/random behavior as long as hindi ako affected.

Do you recall if the people doing those things to you are the same people or iba-iba? Are they adults or teenagers/young adults? Try to observe from now on kung sino sila, baka pinagtitripan ka lang. May mga kabataan who will try to get away with disrespecting people just because they can and they know they won't get in trouble for it.

As long as you feel that you are not in danger physically (like you feel like they might hurt you), it might be best to ignore them, or change your routine/patterns to avoid interacting with them at certain times/days. If they escalate to the point that you feel unsafe, then you may have cause to report them to the police (hopefully you have a photo or video of them so you have evidence to show the police what happened).

• schamaschama singapore

@songhyeky0 I think you can define what is bullying and being playful...what you gonna do pag kasama mo family mo then biglang may papara (stop) sa gilid mo at sisigawan ka (literally) ng what are you doing at ang mg kasama nya tinatawanan ka sa harapan mo..commonsense willl tell us di po yan playful because at first you didn't know each other ..kung sa workplace nga pag sinigawan mo yung kasama mo considered na yang bullying at kasama mo pa yan sa work.cguro in your case bullying na pag hinampas ka na ng beer sa ulo ng mga puti.
    And about swearing I don't have an issue because that's their culture..we'll anyway mayron tayong sariling pananaw sa ibat-ibang sitwasyun..and thanks for those who give their comment..

• songhyeky0songhyeky0 Posts: 35Member

@schama said:
    @songhyeky0 I think you can define what is bullying and being playful...what you gonna do pag kasama mo family mo then biglang may papara (stop) sa gilid mo at sisigawan ka (literally) ng what are you doing at ang mg kasama nya tinatawanan ka sa harapan mo..commonsense willl tell us di po yan playful because at first you didn't know each other ..kung sa workplace nga pag sinigawan mo yung kasama mo considered na yang bullying at kasama mo pa yan sa work.cguro in your case bullying na pag hinampas ka na ng beer sa ulo ng mga puti.
    And about swearing I don't have an issue because that's their culture..we'll anyway mayron tayong sariling pananaw sa ibat-ibang sitwasyun..and thanks for those who give their comment..

There are many "unknowns" that you did not mention to begin with. Don't blame me because you're too sensitive. I'm only giving my opinion based on what you just said.

• Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@schama said:
    HI all,

San ka located in Australia?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt