Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

DIY or Agency - Considering the Pandemic Situation?

Hi. I have read the thread regarding the DIY vs. Agency but since we are in the midst of pandemic (concerns such as closing of borders, information on available states) I’d like to get your opinion if I should continue doing DIY or get an agent.

My current situation is that I was able to complete the PTE and EA by myself. And I have considered myself as a “not complicated case” since I have all the documents I need to lodge my EOI.

I plan to apply for both visa 189 and 190. But the thing is, I heard that the quota for a specific field is opening and closing in some states so this might be a bit tricky to apply visa 190 (or not? Please help). If that is the situation, I’m not sure if i need to lodge multiple EOIs for 190 for different states.

Actually money is not an issue for me. But of course If I can save and if the work is fessible then why not do iy myself. Just being practical but I need honest opinions on this matter. Does anyone here have an idea on how the visa 190 EOI works? Hope the DIYers can advise. Much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• chemistmomchemistmom Philippines

@ronkiddo24 said:
    Hi. I have read the thread regarding the DIY vs. Agency but since we are in the midst of pandemic (concerns such as closing of borders, information on available states) I’d like to get your opinion if I should continue doing DIY or get an agent.

My current situation is that I was able to complete the PTE and EA by myself. And I have considered myself as a “not complicated case” since I have all the documents I need to lodge my EOI.

I plan to apply for both visa 189 and 190. But the thing is, I heard that the quota for a specific field is opening and closing in some states so this might be a bit tricky to apply visa 190 (or not? Please help). If that is the situation, I’m not sure if i need to lodge multiple EOIs for 190 for different states.

Actually money is not an issue for me. But of course If I can save and if the work is fessible then why not do iy myself. Just being practical but I need honest opinions on this matter. Does anyone here have an idea on how the visa 190 EOI works? Hope the DIYers can advise. Much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, I think it's hard to get an invitation for 189 and 190 nowadays even if you have complete docs.
    Since you mentioned that money isn't an issue, one strategy I've read in this forum is to hire an agent and look for an employer who's willing to sponsor you. Employer sponsored visa processing only takes 4-9mos...

ronkiddo24

_Jeremiah 29:11-12 _

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you".

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@ronkiddo24 said:

190 visas are state sponsored ones. Usually they have reqts such as onshore ka sa state na you're applying for, years of work experience or dapat nag aral ka sa state na yun for a number of years. You can lodge different EOIs for different states but the problem is certain states only nominate certain occupations (for example Civil engineers lang ang sponsored ng NSW last year) so dapat abangan mo ung list of occupations nila PLUS comply with the requirements sa state na yun.

Hiring an agent can make things easier for you but you can probably research on your own since meron ka naman nang lahat ng docs. The issue here is not about the money - it's more on kelan ka maiinvite (which can take a while, I know people na 3 yrs na wala pa rin invite simply because Australia isn't inviting anyone in their occupation or super taas ng points required).

If kumpleto ka na ng documents, then there is nothing else to do but wait for states to open invites or invite rounds to happen. There's no guarantees on how long ang hintay nowadays and when states will invite occupations.

ronkiddo24

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

• ronkiddo24ronkiddo24 Posts: 2Member

Thanks po much appreciated the response. So I guess i’ll just proceed with an agent since ayun mga most likely hassle sa part ng 190 na I have to be updated sa sponsored. Thank you po. 👌🏻