Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Australian Capital Territory - Canberra

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Anyone living in Canberra right now? How is life there? hehe

Very simple life here.

Canberra has excellent design of road and other infrastructure.

Clean air, lots of trees and you can drink tap water.

Every morning you can hear lots of birds twitting.

Good for nature lovers.

Good for all bicycle lovers, it has bicycle lane along the roads and you can use the footpath.

Good for those who love to walk and jogging.

There’s no heavy traffic.

Its freezing during winter from June to Sept.

It’s great and advisable to live here for those who have family.

Good luck

Cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf - just received hubby's IELTS result yesterday. R- 7, S-7.5, L- 7.5,W-7.5 answered prayer. Thank you Lord!. yup 176 din kami. Hindi ko alam yung code.. he..he.. sorry saan yung makikita? Bka ipa follow up
    ni hubby ngayon sa agent namin
    yung Vetasses result. Let's P U
    S H it....
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    edited April 2012
    @TotoyOZresident, I'm looking at Canberra and Sydney hehe....and I know what a great place Sydney is. Good place to start a family rin po ba sa Canberra? I'm just thinking because the place is the country's capital, everything there would be strict hehe
  • chiffonscarfchiffonscarf Dubai
    @faa317 Praise God!! Hearty congrats sa inyo..Tuloy tuloy na yan...Sang State kayo? Eto check mo dito sa SOL yung occupations nyo http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/
    Keep us posted! Congrats ulit!

The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and He adds no trouble to it.- Proverbs 10:22

ANZSCO Code 225311 Public Relations Professional
    Job categories: Media and Communications
    **State Sponsorship ACT (Canberra - Visa 190) (5 Points)
    **Vetassess Grant : 8.6 years assessed positive (15 Points) Jesus, Thank you, finally!

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points
    Qualification (Bachelor) - 15 Points
    VET Skill Assessment - 15 Points
    English Skills - 10 Points ( Claim na kay Lord! ) PTE July 2017
    Nomination - 5 Points (ACT 190)

***TOTAL - 60 points ( Claim na kay Lord!

Your Glory God is what our hearts long for !

edited April 2012
    Thanks Sir @TotoyOZresident sa insights. Ive heard din po from other forums that Canberra is a great place for family..I guess Canberra suits me very well. May winter snows din po ba jan? Excited po kami to see and feel them! Godswill sana makarating po kami jan..:)

The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and He adds no trouble to it.- Proverbs 10:22

**Vetassess Grant : 8.6 years assessed positive (15 Points) Jesus, Thank you, finally!

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf - under po sya sa project administrator 511112. sabi ng agent namin may hiningi daw na supporting docs ang Vetasses mga list ng project na nagawa na...
    edited April 2012
    @faa317: As your agent, you can also check the status online...May log in page ang vetassess to check status of your application as what ive been doing..panay ang check ko hehehe. til now, "being processed" pa din ang status online. Sang State pala kayo?

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf - ACT lang daw yung available for us, pano po ba i check? ano po website nla pls pa help naman po. Kailangan po ba talaga may suppprting docs for Vetasses I thought po pag may CO ka na thats the time lang na hihingi sla ng supporting docs.. worried lang po :(
    edited April 2012
    @faa317: Ako din sa ACT lang nasa list of in demand yung occupation ko. I've noticed most of the occupations such as HR,Marketing, Advertising,PR etc..ay nasa ACT. Here's the link to official website http://www.business.act.gov.au/skilled_and_business_migration

Vetassess naman would really require kung need nila supporting doc, nasa website din nila itong information na ito. HTH.

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

Pag tiningnan niyo yung State Sponsored Occupation List, halos lahat ng trabaho nandun pa sa Canberra hindi tulad ng ibang states na iilan na lang (i.e. Accountants, Engineers, Blue Collars)...ang worry ko lang since capital state siya baka karamihan sa mga trabaho dun kailangan Australian citizen ka
  • faa317faa317 Sydney
    hi po, my brother in law just process his ACT sponsorship but kailangan daw 30,000 AUS show money. Ang mahal pla, medyo na shock po kami.. at kailangan daw i produce with 3 months bgo mag change. Kyo rin po ba hiningian ng ganung amount ?
  • TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    hi po, my brother in law just process his ACT sponsorship but kailangan daw 30,000 AUS show money. Ang mahal pla, medyo na shock po kami.. at kailangan daw i produce with 3 months bgo mag change. Kyo rin po ba hiningian ng ganung amount ?
    I dont have idea. baka dipende sa skills at status. Kung kasama pati family kailangan may savings dahil mahal ang expenses dito. The government want to make sure na may budget kayo to pay rent and other needs while looking for work.

Much better ask MARA about show money. Ang pagka alam ko pag may relative sponsor na work dito sa ACT di na kailangan ng show money. pero minsan dipende sa application. case to case basis naman ang application eh.

457 Working visa ako nung dumating dito kaya no need show money kasi sponsored ako ng employer at work ako agad pagdating dito.

if your brother in law dont have savings. try other state. Pero much better magtanung na agad sa MARA baka may paraan para dyan,

Good luck. cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @TotoyOZresident - thanks po .

Anybody here who have the same experience na hiningian ng AUS 30 K show money for Visa 176 (ACT)?
    edited April 2012
    @faa317: Based on ACT nomination guideline (March 2012) Declaration of Financial Capacity ang need nila, however, must be able to provide these documents on request by the SBM Unit.

Furthermore, ACT Government advises that 'complete' applications (hard copy) should be lodged with our office by 1 May 2012 in order to be processed before the changes come into effect.

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

@TotoyOZresident @LokiJr Hello po, confirm ko lang po what does it mean exactly yung " Value of net assets to be transfered to ACT" ?

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf thank sa reply, may i know po what does SBM unit means? does that mean if were going to submit our application after May 1 they will process it by July na? pls enlighten po..
    @faa317: SBM stands for Skilled and Business Migration...Yup, in order to be processed.
    Then, applications submitted after 1 May 2012 are unlikely to be processed before the changes commence. Applicants who are not processed before the changes commence will need to complete a new application under the new skilled migration visa regime from 1 July 2012....ACT-Canberra ka din ba dear?

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf opo, but still waiting for our Vetasses assesment result. I was so surprise when our agent told my brother in law who was also applying for canberra na need to have Aus 30,000.. If God's will na ma approve Vetasses result namin hindi rin kami makahabol. Hindi pa namin alam saan kukuha that big amount. Kayo po nasa canberra naba kyo?
    edited April 2012
    @faa317: When did you submit your Vetassess docs? Na-check mo na ba yung Act nomination guideline March 2012, andun yung declaration ng financial capacity..Oks na ba IELTS mo? Makakahabol tayo basta ma-elodge natin before May 1 ang nomination application natin.

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf na submit namin sa agent mga end of dec 2011 and just this week may pahabol na requirement ang vetasses. IELTS is 7.5 (S/W/L) 7 (R). Nasabihan karin ba na may show money? pwede po ba pa share ng link sa ACT nomination guideline pls po. tks.. kasi pag may requirement na ganun kalaking amount wla na po time :(
    @faa317: Ano ang pahabol na requirement ng Vetasses? Heres the link to ACT's nomination guideline as of March 2012...Hindi naman nakasaad dito yung figure..declaration lang ng assets at liabilities..http://www.business.act.gov.au/skilled_and_business_migration/skilled_migration

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf thanks po sa link, additional doc required is the list of project daw kasi project administrator yung nominated job ng husband ko. Anung stage npo kyo?
  • faa317faa317 Sydney
    vetasses approved.. thank you Lord! but we need 45K AU for our financial capacity declaration... saan kami kukuha ng ganun amount? whaaaa....
    Congrats @faa317, finally! Naku paano kaya yan hehe, yung dineklare ko was below that amount. I'm going to be with hubby and son..I trust God that He will provide it...

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

edited May 2012
    Hi guys, I'm wondering wala pa po acknowledgment ng ACT thru email. I sent my complete application and received by "Peter" on May 1, 2012...Any thoughts are appreciated:)

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

• faa317faa317 Sydney
    @chiffonscarf - same here tatlo rin kami. our agent ask us declare Aus 45k but hindi naman kailangan ng proof of evidence as long as pag mag hanap yung office may ready na ipapakita. Punta kami ng agent this week for notary, then submit requirements for sponsorship. Hoping ang praying that all will be smooth sailing. P U S H. ;)
    @faa317 That's roughly 2m pesos. I only declared 20k for us 3..Until now, waiting pa ako sa acknowledgement ng ACT sa docs sent ko. God's in control! :)

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points

Crazy naman yung hinihinging financial capacity...sa ganyang pera nag negosyo na lang ako sa Pinas haha
  • faa317faa317 Sydney
    mayroon po ba sa inyo na na approved ng ACT sponsorship na hindi man lang hinanapan ng financial declaration proof. pls advise po..
    I seconded that @faa317! :) Meron po ba? Wanting to hear from you!

POINTS BREAKDOWN:
    Age - 15 points