Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Aged Care Training in PH to be deployed in Australia. Is this a favorable opportunity?

Hello everyone, I am a Registered Nurse and planning to explore aged care worker. My ultimate goal is to migrate in Australia permanently and be a citizen.

Now, there is an opportunity here in the Philippines where you can undergo a 3-month training program for aged care. Afterward, you will be sent to a regional area in Australia for an additional almost a month training, and an agency will help you find an employer in aged care facilities in Australia. There is a fee for this training, which is Php 27k and includes IELTS review and exam. They will also assist you in processing your training visa at their expense. Some individuals have already gone through this program earlier this year, and initially, they only had to pay for the IELTS and medical fees. However, there is a 4-year bond involved. The pay is on above average industry standard, and there is accommodation and transportation service provided to the facility, but this is deducted from your salary.

Is this a good opportunity to consider?

Is the 4-year bond worth it, especially considering that you can apply for Permanent Residency (PR) under the 491 visa category for occupation Registered Nurse (Aged Care) – ANZSCO 254412 in the 2nd year to gain experience for skill assessment, but you will still be employed by them in the 3rd and 4th year?

If not, you will need to pay almost Php1.5 million (as stated in the training contract) for the expenses they covered.

Comments

• whimpeewhimpee Posts: 419Member

Why not try to apply for skilled migration directly instead? Your occupation is in the priority list so expected na mabilis lang ang grant. That way, you're not tied to an employer.

butterfloiera222

491 Visa: Human Resource Adviser - 223111 (80 points) | Age: 15 | English: 10 | Work: 15 | Education : 15 | Partner : 10 | Nomination: 15
    09 Aug 2016 - VETASSESS Initial, Positive
    03 Jan 2020 - VETASSESS Reassessment, Positive
    29 Jan 2020 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 65 pts
    10 Feb 2020 - IELTS, Proficient
    15 Feb 2020 - EOI updated - 75 pts
    18 Jan 2022 - VETASSESS Renewal
    14 Oct 2022 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 80 pts
    10 Nov 2022 - Pre-invite received from NSW, applied on the same day
    18 Nov 2022 - NSW Nomination approved
    21 Nov 2022 - 491 Visa Lodged
    22 Nov 2022 - Submitted Forms 80 and 1221
    25 Nov 2022 - Medical exam and Biometrics
    6 Dec 2022 - Additional medical check requested for 1 dependent
    3 Jan 2023 - Complete health clearance
    5 Jun 2023 - Immi Assessment Commenced email received
    20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@butterfloi said:
    Hello everyone, I am a Registered Nurse and planning to explore aged care worker. My ultimate goal is to migrate in Australia permanently and be a citizen.

Now, there is an opportunity here in the Philippines where you can undergo a 3-month training program for aged care. Afterward, you will be sent to a regional area in Australia for an additional almost a month training, and an agency will help you find an employer in aged care facilities in Australia. There is a fee for this training, which is Php 27k and includes IELTS review and exam. They will also assist you in processing your training visa at their expense. Some individuals have already gone through this program earlier this year, and initially, they only had to pay for the IELTS and medical fees. However, there is a 4-year bond involved. The pay is on above average industry standard, and there is accommodation and transportation service provided to the facility, but this is deducted from your salary.

Is the 4-year bond worth it, especially considering that you can apply for Permanent Residency (PR) under the 491 visa category for occupation Registered Nurse (Aged Care) – ANZSCO 254412 in the 2nd year to gain experience for skill assessment, but you will still be employed by them in the 3rd and 4th year?

If not, you will need to pay almost Php1.5 million (as stated in the training contract) for the expenses they covered.

I'd recommend that you research on how you can become an RN in Australia. This is a high priority occupation and your job prospects will be a lot better as an RN than as an aged care worker.

butterfloi
  • butterfloibutterfloi Posts: 2Member

Thank you for all of your suggestions. As of the moment, di pa kaya ng fund if direct. Based on my research, there are pathways for us to be AURN. Either you study BSN in AU University (cost Php millions kasi 3-4 years rin) then get certification sa AHPRA (like PRC in PH) or you go the OBA Pathway (cost Php 500k to 1M), mahabang process ito dahil series of exams (NCLEX, OSCE) paper and pencil with practical exam pa na sa Adelaide pa venue. For more about OBA Pathway, I learned a lot from this group. Another pathway, ginagawa ng iba is to apply for Student Visa (need na ng Php 800k+ show money in effect this Oct 2023) then get a short course like Certificate 3 - Aged Care (cost P300k depende sa school + visa and other expenses pa) similar ng training i-conduct na ino-offer samin then apply sa Aged Care facility to get onshore employer sponsorship. For the offshore employer sponsorship, napaka bihira pa for now. There are other pathways pa here.

baiken

I guess you really have to decide what your long-term career goal in AU is. Are you okay to be an aged care worker or do you eventually want to be an AU RN. If it is the latter, I would suggest doing further research on whether or not the salary for an aged care worker will be enough to save for the expenses needed to become an AU RN + enough to pay off your bond in case you feel the need to leave your employer. 4 years is a long time to commit to an unknown entity and if the salary won't be enough to save for the expenses to become an AU RN, then that can't be the long-term career goal.

• era222era222 Philippines

I’d probably think about whether you are prepared to commit 4 years to the employer—I think that’s ultimately what it comes down to, if you feel that this is your most feasible option. Have you looked into the employer? Do you think they will be a good match for you? Are they ethical, do they have solid worker care, strong credentials? What have been other people’s experiences? I’m always a little wary about these arrangements as you’d be at their mercy, wholly dependent on them, for 4 years.

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• XxxcXxxc Posts: 2Member

Hi, just want to seek for an advice. I am a registered nurse and registered Midwife. I am a medicine graduate also but not yet a passer. Yung husband ko nasa au n as engineer, kakaalis Lang niya nung July at balak namin pumunta dun next year after ng school year ngaun, may 3 kids kami. Tanong ko Lang po sana Kung bridging course din ang medicine sa au? At Kung anong visa mas maganda sa amin ng 3 kids ko. Salamat po sa sasagot

• era222era222 Philippines

@Xxxc said:
    Hi, just want to seek for an advice. I am a registered nurse and registered Midwife. I am a medicine graduate also but not yet a passer. Yung husband ko nasa au n as engineer, kakaalis Lang niya nung July at balak namin pumunta dun next year after ng school year ngaun, may 3 kids kami. Tanong ko Lang po sana Kung bridging course din ang medicine sa au? At Kung anong visa mas maganda sa amin ng 3 kids ko. Salamat po sa sasagot

What visa is your husband on? Kasi if engineer naman sya and may Australian experience sya, he might be qualified for General Skilled Migration/direct PR. If ganun, pwede kayo masama as dependents sa application nya. You didn’t mention if you’re working as a nurse, but if you meet the criteria you can also apply as the primary applicant (tapos dependents mo kids and husband mo).

Try to look up his occupation here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list

Hope other family applicants can pitch in to help.

kidfrompolomolok

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

edited October 2023

@Xxxc said:

You and the kids can come over on the same visa as your husband. If you intend to practice as an RN or a doctor here, you will need to be registered/accredited here. The steps for accreditation are quite clear and you will need to pass exams for whichever of these occupations you intend to practice here.

• kcgph123kcgph123 Posts: 1Member

@butterfloi said:

Hello po, @butterfloi. Pwede po magtanong saan tong 3-month training program for aged care? Interested po sana ako. Salamat po.

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@butterfloi said:

I don't know but imo any contract with 'bond' clauses does not sound good to me. And imagine, 4yrs bond??? gagatasan ka lang ng mga yan.

lunarcat

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor