Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa in Australia

Hello po! I'm new in this group and I would like to hear some advice from you po sana. I'm a Civil Engineering graduate sa Iloilo but not yet licensed and I'm planning to study in Melbourne, Australia. Was planning to take vocational course na related sa degree ko because mas madali daw makakuha ng PR pag ganun (I'm in doubt on this one). Originally Masterals po sana kukunin ko but its expensive compared sa vocational. Pag matatapos ko po ba yung vocational course ko, makakapasa po ba ako sa Engineers Australia or dapat po bang Masterals kuni ko para makakuha ng exam?

Now hindi ako sure sa next step na gagawin ko? I'm confused na rin kasi. I don't want to waste money and time kasi I'm 25 years old na rin.

Also, if you know a good agency ditu sa Iloilo?

Thank you so much po!

Comments

• kimgilbiekimgilbie Davao

I suggest that you should just gain experience here in PH before going to Oz if your goal is PR. Note that EA will accredit your work experience and if you dont have one, kaylangan mong mag aral sa Washington Accord na school para hindi kana gumawa pa ng CDR.

Also, If you dont want to waste money, then dont go for Student Visa kasi meron naman direct PR pathway if you are patient enough

lunarcat

233211 - Civil Engineer | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work (offshore) : 5 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 Total: 85 (SC189) | 90 (SC190) | 100 (SC 491)

25 April 2023: Booked PTE Exam
    03 June 2023: PTE Examination
    03 June 2023: Same day result (L-69, R-62, S-58, W-72) Competent
    10 June 2023: Submitted CDR+RSEA
    19 June 2023: Booked 2nd PTE Exam
    14 July 2023: Received Positive Assessment - SUPER HAPPY!!! THANK YOU LORD!!
    22 July 2023: SUPERIOR PTE YEEEY (L-79, R-79, S-88, W-83)
    24 July 2023: EOI Submission (189, 190&491VIC, 190&491NSW, 190&491SA, 190&491WA)
    28 August 2023: Booked Naati Exam
    20 September 2023: Naati Exam Date
    1 October 2023: Passed Naati
    1 October 2023: Updated all EOIs
    25 October 2023: Received 491 invitation from QLD
    17 November 2023: Received 491 Final Invitation
    28 November 2023: Lodged 491 Visa

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@dfpb_6367 said:
    Hello po! I'm new in this group and I would like to hear some advice from you po sana. I'm a Civil Engineering graduate sa Iloilo but not yet licensed and I'm planning to study in Melbourne, Australia. Was planning to take vocational course na related sa degree ko because mas madali daw makakuha ng PR pag ganun (I'm in doubt on this one). Originally Masterals po sana kukunin ko but its expensive compared sa vocational. Pag matatapos ko po ba yung vocational course ko, makakapasa po ba ako sa Engineers Australia or dapat po bang Masterals kuni ko para makakuha ng exam?

Now hindi ako sure sa next step na gagawin ko? I'm confused na rin kasi. I don't want to waste money and time kasi I'm 25 years old na rin.

Thank you so much po!

If I were you, just continue gaining experience locally. 25yo is still too young imo. Besides, 32yo is the age limit for getting maximum points for age so you still have a few years to solidify your career.

If you start your journey with SV, there is a possibility that you'll end up getting a job that is not related to your profession and therefore you cannot earn additional relevant experience. If that happens, how can you proceed your skills assessment? Think about it.

lunarcat

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@dfpb_6367 said:

Thank you so much po!

I'd like to add that it's not always true that overseas experience doesn't count for anything when you get here. If you have solid experience in your field, it makes you more competitive because a lot of immigrants also have years of experience before coming here. Instead of spending years on a student visa, spend those years getting experience in your field. It will help you get points later on and it will also help you with your job hunting pag andito na. You'll be more confident pati because you know you have actual experience in the field.

lunarcat