Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Are You An Engineer? (Visa 476)

LokiJrLokiJr Quezon CityPosts: 2,616Member, Moderator
I took note of this visa type when I attended one of PALMS Immigration's seminar and I hope many of you can share this to your friends.

Here's the link
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/476/

Basically this is a visa that allows you and any secondary applicants included in the visa application to remain in Australia for up to 18 months with no restrictions on work or study. And this visa fee is less than $1,000 (mura!)

The only catch here is that you must be a graduate of one of these courses:
Civil Engineering
Structural Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Environmental Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Mechanical, Production and Plant Engineering
Mining and Material Engineering

Another catch is that you must have graduated from University of the Philippines :(

It's worth the shot if you qualify for this visa...hindi na kailangan maghintay at magpa assess masyado :)

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Ang swerte ng mga engineering graduates sa UP. Kaya pala ang daming foreigner ang nagaaral sa UP kinikilala di lang australia pati sa ibang bansa. Kaya madali makapag abroad pag UP grads.

cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• tootzkietootzkie Sydney
    Naitanong ko rin ito sa kabilang thread dati if this is applicable to all UP system/campus. The RMA said yes daw.

Kung tutuusin another benefit ito sa lahat UP engineering graduates kasi talagang sunugan ng kilay dun. No mercy ang mga prof, pagdating sa grades.
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    I think that was asked in one of the immigration seminars I attended...Sabi ng agent, strictly UP Diliman daw and I think it makes sense naman kasi mas mahirap makapasok sa Diliman kesa sa ibang campuses :)

Sana Ateneo, isunod nilang iaccredit haha :P
  • ghypezghypez Mandaluyong
    Ok naman siya.. Mabilis processing.. kaw lang talaga bahala maghanap ng work mo.. isa pang catch, dapat makapag-apply ka within two years after graduation.. aalis ka sa pinas with ~1.5 years na exp, medyo mahirap hanap ng work dun unless sa design ang field mo..
  • ghypezghypez Mandaluyong
    I disagree with the 'strictly UP Diliman daw'.. hehe..
  • SakenSaken North Ryde
    Nice info.

Ppdeng gawin kung sakali na di makayanan ang tuition ng mga anak natin sa Oz soon, pasubukin sila sa UP.
    @ghypez, so puwede ang UP Manila, Los Banos?
  • paulavenelpaulavenel Quezon City
    This is really good news. My brother is studying Engineering in UP and magandang news yan pag graduate nya.
  • arpiquirayarpiquiray Adelaide
    Good news for UP Engineering graduates. UP Diliman kasi best ang arts and sciences and law.

Lodgment Date: October 10, 2010
    Visa Granted: July 12, 2011
    Visa Type: Subclass 175
    Touchdown in Adelaide, SA: April 15, 2012

• allejallej Melbourne
    Hi, a UP graduate here. I was granted 456 visa 25days after my graduation last April2011. Kaso that was only for 3months. And now I'm here n ult s PH. I'm not an engineering graduate and tho i have received a lot of negative comments meant to make me lose hope, i will not give-up. I know all of the people in this forum have special reasons 4 all decisions we are taking. I too have a lot of reasons. I have received thousands of rejections frm companies i applied for. Maybe bec im still too young and too fresh but i want to prove all the people who brings me down that i have my own worth in my own ways. We can do this everyone! If there's a will and strong determination there will always be a way. I will not lose hope and I will always pray. :)

Accountant (General) -221111
    Age 25: 30 Points
    ICAA Bachelor's Degree: 15 points
    ICAA Work Experience 4years: 5 points
    PTE Academic S90 W90 R88 L90 (OAS90): 20 points

07-Jun-2016 - Submitted EOI with 70points
    03-Aug-2016 - Received an Invitation to Apply for Visa189
    05-Aug-2016 - Lodged Visa189, Frontloaded all docs
    18-Aug-2016 - Visa Grant! (DG)
    16-Nov-2016 - Big move to Melbourne
    22-Nov-2016 - Start of job interviews
    05-Dec-2016 - First day of work (Full-time, Permanent)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -E.R.

^ Ecc 3:11 "God makes everything happen at the right time. Yet none of us can ever fully understand all he has done, and he puts questions in our minds about the past and the future."

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Are you an Engineering Graduate from the University of the Philippines? Do you want to undertake an engineering internship with leading Australian companies? Our partner Australian institution offers practical internship to help you jump-start your international career!

Engineering Graduates from UP can apply for an 18-month unrestricted visa that enables you to travel, study or work in Australia!

If interested, call Mark David at our office phone numbers at (045) 862 5602; 0922 895 7827 or e-mail us at [email protected]

Maganda kung makakapag intership sila dito. Open naman ang mga engineering consultancy firm dito when it come to internship. Ang makaka afford malamang nito yung may pera din kulang ang sahod for everyday expenses.

Para na rin pumasok ka sa business kung ganito. mag iinvest ka ng malaki para makapunta dito. Pero sulit naman kapag nagustuhan ng employer. Puedeng mag tuloy tuloy na to employer sponsor.

Actually parang back to zero ulit kapag nag intership sila dito kasi may sariling Design standard ang Australia. ang daming mga guidelines at needed to comply sa mga design.

To become a design engineer dito kailangan mag aral ng engineering design sa TAFE para may qualification at para malaman ang mga standard design. Kaya planu ko mag aral next year. I work in Engineering Consultancy Firm as CAD Drafter. Very challenging, well organized at maganda ang sistema ng infrastructure design dito sa australia.

Maswerte talaga ang mga taga UP kung totoo man ito na madali sila makapunta dito at makapag intership. Pero magingat pa rin. After internship mahirap maka tiyak kung tuloy tuloy ito sa pagiging regular na trabaho.

Goodluck.

cheers

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• AdminAdmin Singapore
    @ALL To anyone interested on this ad, kindly check the legality of the institution you are dealing with to avoid unnecessary compromise. Pinoyau.info cannot check or verify the legitimacy of all content being posted by every people in this site.

@dizonassoc please don't take offense.

Thanks and God bless to all.

2010-06 : Lurker at philippines.com.au (previously the #1 Pinoy Australian Forum)
    2010-06 : Started researching on Visa 175 - Target 120pts
    2011-08 : Started prev employer document gathering for ACS skill assessment (0/4)
    2010-12 : Philippines.com.au went offline and created www.pinoyau.info
    2011-03 : 1st child born - AU dream halted
    2014-03 : ACS document - 1/5 emp ref completed
    2015-01: Promoted at work - AU dream halted
    2015-11: ACS document - 1/6 emp ref completed
    2016-09: 2nd child born - AU dream halted
    2018-09: ACS document - 6/8 emp ref completed
    2018-09: Revised all employment references and affidavit from scratch
    2019-03: Completed Revised 8/8 emp ref
    2019-03: PTE Exam - L59,R75,S62,W64 (no preparation)
    2019-07: Favorable Skills Assessment result for Software Eng
    2019-11: PTE Exam - L70,R68,S79,W68 (competent only)
    2020-02: PTE Exam - L79,R79,S86,W76 (grr lack 3pts on Writing)
    2020-03: PTE Exam - L85,R75,S87,W86 (Mar 4 - grr nag increase L, S and W but bumaba 4pts si R!!!!!)
    2020-03 PTE Exam - L81 R79 S90 W81 (Mar 9 - Salamat Lord!!!!)

Sa mga interesado at gusto ng detalye sa visa option na ito, may thread po tayo sa forum na ganito :)

http://pinoyau.info/discussion/304/are-you-an-engineer-visa-476#Item_12
  • Birhen_ng_GuadalupeBirhen_ng_Guadalupe Sydney
    This visa is open for UP (Los Banos/Diliman, ito lang naman ang may engineering courses) engineering grads whose degree is on the list provided. Available only for those who graduated within 2 years prior to application. May age limit so kung wala ka pa 32, pwede ka mag masters sa UP then you can try this route. Yun nga lang we are not sure until when may ganitong visa.

Take note though that if you are planning to apply for 175 afterwards, medyo mahirap kasi nga nagbago na rules. It was easier way back 2009, 2010. Yung mga friends ko na may ganitong visa, nagpa-assess sila sa EA where they only discussed their undergraduate thesis for the CDR. Nung time na yun malaki points for skills assessment alone.

But it's still worth a try if you are interested. kasi good for 18 months yung visa and assuming makakuha ka work for one year, at least may Aus work experience ka na, and pwede mo itong gawing bala in the future (just in case, you couldn't apply for 175/176 or hindi willing mag sponsor employer mo)

Ginebra San Miguel 175

August 2011 - ACS
    January 2012 - IELTS
    February 2012 - Lodged 175
    May 2012 - CO Allocation
    June 2012 - Meds, PCC Submission
    December 2012 - Visa Approved

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @dizonassoc - is this pathway valid only of Bachelor degree from UP or also for MS degree holder from UP but Bachelor degree is from another university?
    Thanks!

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

edited April 2012
    Sabi ni Birhen ng Guadalupe sa kabilang thread, within 2 years of application...I suppose dapat sa UP ka nag-graduate talaga otherwise gagawing backdoor ng karamihan yung masteral degree ng UP hehe

http://pinoyau.info/discussion/304/are-you-an-engineer-visa-476#Item_12
    I just wonder kung apektado itong visa na ito sa magiging pagbabago sa July? hmmm...
    haha. natawa ako dito "sabi ni birhen ng guadalupe"..
    parang akala ko nagmilagro syo ang birhen ng guadalupe.. haha...
    peace!!

Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)

anyway i will answer my own question.. i found this in DIAC:

Eligible qualification - Skilled – Recognised Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 476)

In the two years immediately before the date of making your application, you must have completed an eligible degree qualification in Engineering.

An eligible degree qualification can be any of the following:

A bachelor's degree
    A masters degree
    A doctoral degree
    A postgraduate diploma

edited April 2012
    So within two years since graduation ang taning...kung matagal ka nang graduate edi magmaster's ako sa UP and then apply for this visa?

yup.. eh matagal din nmn ang grad school.. fulltime is approx 2yrs..
    by the time na matapos ka eh baka wala na ang visa scheme na ito..

anyway, they have the same program sa NZ.. they call it "silver fern visa" yata..
    so after ng July 1, mostly pareho na ang immigration process ng NZ at AU..

correct, take note yung 2 years na MS program sa UP, kadalasan ang nakakagawa niyan mga full time students, kung part time baka abutin ka pa ng 4 years, moreso kung required kang mag-thesis na abutin ng siyam siyam.

EH since MS in Engineering yan, may thesis talaga yan. Though may option na non-thesis (like sa EE) pero need mo naman mag comprehensive exam at magsubmit ng "mini-thesis"

Ginebra San Miguel 175

August 2011 - ACS
    January 2012 - IELTS
    May 2012 - CO Allocation

^ very interesting point :) Kung may age limit pang 32 years, edi kelangan talaga pagka graduate kunin na tong visa option.

I'm assuming yung MS in Engineering, kelangan engineering din ang tinapos mo sa college? Or puwedeng kumuha ng MS ang non-engineering grad?
    ^ very interesting point :) Kung may age limit pang 32 years, edi kelangan talaga pagka graduate kunin na tong visa option.

I'm assuming yung MS in Engineering, kelangan engineering din ang tinapos mo sa college? Or puwedeng kumuha ng MS ang non-engineering grad?
    Case to case basis. That will depend kung anong research ang gagawin mo. For example, if your undergrad is Comp Sci then you can be admitted sa MS EE program under a specific specialization (e.g. Computers and Communications)

Possible din na ang undergrad mo is sciences and yung MS na kukunin mo ay related sa undergrad mo. For example, BS Chem grad ka, then you can take MS Chemical Engineering or MS Materials Engineering.

Medyo tricky din na lumipad agad pagkagraduate mo ng BS since wala ka pa work experience, baka mahirapan ka rin maghanap ng work. Unless kaya kang suportahan ng parents mo sa Australia while looking for a job.

Ginebra San Miguel 175

August 2011 - ACS
    January 2012 - IELTS
    May 2012 - CO Allocation

• teenZseyerteenZseyer Mandaluyong
    im an engineer..unfortunately not UP grad.sad...
    @teenZseyer wag po kayong mag-alala, in demand pa rin naman po ang mga engineers sa Australia...halos lahat ng specialties andun pa rin hehe...So kahit hindi UP grad, madali lang din makakakuha ng skilled visa :)
  • teenZseyerteenZseyer Mandaluyong
    @LokiJr..may kinuha kase ung tita ko sa aus na agent cla nagbabayad nun,kaso d malinaw kung anu ba aaplayan ko.d ko rin alam ung mga subclass na sinasabe ng iba.basta sabe lang nung agent prepare ako ng CDR and take ng ielts with 6.0 in each subtest.klangan ko po ba mag ielts muna bago magpa assess?anu po ung pagkakaiba ng ACS and VETASSES.?hayyy help naman po.thankyouuuuu :)
  • k_mavsk_mavs Melbourne
    Mag IELTS muna po kayo saka nyo itanong yung next step po. Pag engineer ka e need mo muna yung IELTS at CDR for the skills assessment to Engineers Australia.

“We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer.”

edited June 2012
    tulad po ng sabi ni @k_mavs, unahin niyo muna yung IELTS...aim for an all 7 or above band score. Kung maganda kinalabasan, isunod niyo yung skills assessment then sumubok din kayo ng state sponsorship...halos sabay yan :)