Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Is PDOS/CFO sticker required for 457 Dependent visa?

ricolaricola MelbournePosts: 1Member
Hello Pinoyau!

I am a filipina holding a dependent 457 visa - as a secondary applicant. My live-in partner is the primary applicant. He is a foreign national (european working in australia), thus I am unable to produce the normal requirements of OEC/POEA, marriage certificate, etcetc.

This year lang I moved to Australia directly from Singapore (where I was a registered OFW for several years)

It's my first time to go home in Pinas, and will only stay less than a week. Worried that although I do not hold a permanent migrant visa, hahanapan ba ako ng CFO sticker? Would there be any issue sa immigration with this type of temporary visa?

Maraming salamat sa advice !

Comments

• rich88rich88 Quezon City
    edited November 2016
    If manggagaling kayo sa Pinas, ang alam ko kelangan talaga. Hinahanap raw ng mga immigration officer yan. It doesn't matter if permanent or temporary kasi hinihingi daw nila yan if hindi vacation/leisure ang purpose ng travel mo. Unless sasabihin mo sa kanila na tourist ka, then you need to produce your two-way ticket.

You need to book an appointment online, present your grant letter, sit through the seminar, and pay 400 pesos for that CFO sticker.

Mas hassle maharang sa immigration kesa kumuha ng CFO sticker. So better get one and save yourself a headache.

Timeline
    01-Apr-16 - PTE-A Exam Result
    08-Jul-16 - ACS Result + EOI submission (65 @ 189, 70 @ 190)
    29-July-16 - Received invitation to apply for NSW SS
    10-Aug-16 - ITA received
    25-Aug-16 - Lodged Visa 190 (all applicable documents uploaded)
    20-Sep-16 - Visa Grant (Thank you Lord...)

IED: March 2017

• hard2handlehard2handle Melbourne
    Hi Ricola,

How did you go? Where you required to attend PDOS? Clear ko lang, are you holding a PR or TR visa when you went back to Philippines?
  • BrikitokskiBrikitokski Cebu
    @rich88 hello, im holding 457 visa too, under my partner's working visa. Wla siyang PDOs kase direct hire xa fro abh to aus. I went to cfo for pdos, no need na daw ako, just show my partner's pdos to immi. have u known same issues with mine? Thanks a bunch
  • DennisAlonzoDennisAlonzo Davao
    @Brikitokski Thanks for this info. So, OK na di na kumuha wife ko. Walk naming question ng Immigration? Thanks for your reply