Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    hello PINOY-OZ dreamers, my final day is over. wow, grabe, hanggang ngaun ramdam ko pa ang kaba, panginginig ng katawan ko dahil sa pressure. parang gusto ko ng umuwi, at tumakbo na lng pabalik kasi alam mo ung feeling na, ur aiming for something positive but its hard to expect kasi alam mo ung weakness mo, ehehehe...pero i would like still to thank every soul here who has cared for me and for the others as well in saying a prayer. I believe that even distance can't make us feel far from each other, instead it makes us near and connected. Praise His name!

This morning, I got up early, took a shower and ate my bfast and left at 6:49. I arrived at IALF Center (Indonesia-Australia Language Foundation) around 7:30. There were only a few of us, examinees, who were there and after a while the others came. I found a lot of friends there. Filipinos are friendly, arent we? so it was not boring anyhow why i came way early but no regrets after all. Most of examinees, who i had a conversation with were applying for studies abroad to OZ, Canada, US and Europe. Sosyal ang mga Indos ah! :D

When it was close to the scheduled time for the test, we were gathered all in the visitors lounge and one by one roll called for the attendance with picture taking and biometrics. Not too long after, I found myself in the test room. We were three only. And when I inquired why, the examiner told me that they were maximizing the other rooms of their center. Well, not a bad reason.There should be fifteen students only per room, the maximum-he replied.

He read the instructions and other concerns. We filled up the answer sheet first with our factfile and there the listening started to rock and roll. :D One good thing, he asked us if the audio quality was good or needed to be adjusted especially for the volume.

The first part which was the listening, was actually good so far for me. Though in the end part, I missed the info for the years and the finding the direction part coz there was a word that the sound was like 'zzsssss' of its final sound, unfamiliar sound and its strange for my ears. But anyway, I still believe that it can't hinder me to achieve my target band score. Go 7! :D Time just flew fast that I found myself transferring my answers in the answer sheet.

Oh nooooo!!! Reading Test was there to devour us next! I admit that it's really my long-time worry. Its just so hard for me. The passages are long and the content is extremely highfalutin for me. Well, that explains for academic. But praise God, He gave me wisdom! Towards the end, I believe it was the answers that were revealed. It made my eyes see my first answers coming to its high sensibility that hey, this is supposed to be the answer. The key words were just showing themselves to me so I immediately prompted to change my answers. It was quite a lot, uh! Very good for me! :D This incident makes me more very glad and affirmed even more that God is just there around the corner. I do not really regret why I came home late last night as late as 11:30PM even I would have a long day for the next day. wew! I had been from a bible study anyway. They prayed for me btw. It was a very solid group, very supportive.

This time I was smiling inside of me coz READING was conquered by me. I was confident now. I just felt that I was right of my last minute corrections :D. After a while, the writing task unfolded. Task 1- two charts showing the percentage of students aging from 14-16 in relation with studying foreign languages in comparison between 1984 and 2007's statistics. I wrote about it the last coz I wasn't sure how to attack it triumphantly. I wrote first the task 2 which says 'many people are afraid to their homes because of rampant crimes. They say that we have to take a little action on it rather than more action as others feel. What are your views?". Well, I think I made a good essay. I used my journalism prowess but I should not expect much coz I'm NOT the examiner. :D Despite the pressure and all, I think I was able to manage it well. How do I know? I have a peace inside despite my lapses.

Here came the last part, speaking test. I felt being tortured. I was the last person to be executed. 3:30PM. That was my appointment. Pero ok lng na matagal pang hintayin, coz I left the room with again, peace and gladness. Yun, tinaob ko nlng ung written exam sa twang ko, ahahahaha. Ginamitan ko ng mga uncommon vocabs, ahahaha. basta, pinakita ko talaga sa knya na I deserve to a get a grade like that of an engl native speaker, joke lng!

Overall, ok lng ang experience ko. OZ??? Here I goooooooooo! This day marks my first step in a strenuous journey of my dream--OZ dream.

Nov 1, 2012- IELTS Mock Test (L-7.5, S-8, W-7, R-5)
    Nov 3, 2012- IELTS at IALF, Surabaya, INDONESIA
    Nov 14, 2012- IELTS Score ( L-6, S-8, W-6, R-6 ) So horrible:D
    Dec 1, 2012- IELTS Retake (Lord, I surrender it to you.)
    Dec 11, 2012- IELTS Score ( L-7, S-8, W-6, R-6.5)
    RETAKE OR GOODBYE OZ DREAM?
    Oct 2013- Pushed the OZ dream
    Dec 14, 2013- 3rd IELTS retake (L-7.5, S-8, W-5.5, R-7)

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    To All the PInoy teachers dito---ano ang advantageous, magpa assess na for the SKILLED EMPLOYMENT OPTION ng AITSL or hintayin nlng ang DIAC na magrequest sa akin ng docs for this matter? wala pa kasi ung detailed COE ko. xa nlng ang hinihintay; ung iba ready na to be sent for assessment.

for the certifying of docs, back to back ba un? Halimbawa, TOR na back to back, dapat back2back din ang seal/stamp na 'certified true from the original copy'???

Thanks for the answers.

• johnandjoshjohnandjosh Brisbane
    @johnandjosh based po sa mga nakausap nyong teacher aides dyan sa Oz, mahirap daw po bang mag-apply sa mga schools dyan?
    Sorry @Gemini23 ngayon ko lang nakita itong question mo. Nagtanggalan kasi dito sa Qld remember dahil nagtitipid si Campbell Newman kaya marami syang sinibak na gov. employees. Di lang naman sa DepEd, kahit sa ibang gov. org din. Yung kilala ko, she's been working for more than 10 years na dito at isa sya sa nasibak. Sa ngayon parang mahirap mag apply as Teacher dito sa Qld. Ewan ko lang sa ibang states.
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    edited November 2012
    @johnandjosh mahirap din in NSW ...my brother in law is a teacher, he's australian/ filipino though. and been on the job for 10 years too. he can't move jobs kahit yung house nila is almost 2 hours away na from work kasi there's no job security as of the moment specially for teachers. it's quite sad kasi palaging affected yung budget for education when there are budget cuts.. as a parent i feel this kasi i have been inquiring for day care subsidy and it seems to be getting less than before ata.. ang mahal kasi ng daycare mas mahal pa kaysa primary/ high school...:(
  • R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    thanks sa info...khit anong work basta marangal and with a decent pay...minsan nakaka bore ding magturo...defensive??? ahahahah

anyway, my friend knew a Filipino Teacher in QLD, thats in Goldcoast ata ung KINGSWAY COLLEGE??? may pinoy dw doon...cguro depende yan how competent we are in terms sa experience, speaking skills with native engl accent, ahahahha...

kahit ano, basta mabuhay jan sa OZ...i believe OZ is still a better place to live than the Philippines in terms of greener pasture...:D

• li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    @R_Yell you sound like you're sourgraping:P
  • R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    @li_i_ren :okay...ahahahahah

• lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    @R_Yell think positive.. ;)
    kaya mo yan.. goodluck sa IELTS results..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    Attention to all filipino teachers planning to migrate to OZ!!! Here is the new regulation of AITSL, our assessing body.This concerns about the IELTS Requirements.

ADVANCE NOTICE
    CHANGES TO AITSL ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
    Issued 3 September 2012
    From 1 January 2013 the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) will introduce changes to the assessment criteria for English language proficiency to be consistent with teacher registration requirements in Australian states and territories.
    All applicants applying for a skills assessment against one of the following school teacher occupations (for the Skilled Migration program) are required to provide evidence of English language proficiency:
    ANZSCO Code
    241111 Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher
    241213 Primary school teacher (Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) Schedule 2- July 2012)
    241411 Secondary school teacher
    241511 Special needs teacher
    241512 Teacher of the hearing impaired
    241513 Teacher of the sight impaired
    241599 Special education teachers (not elsewhere classified)
    English language proficiency requirements from 1 January 2013
    1. An Academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test Report Form (TRF) that shows:
    • a score of at least 7.0 for Reading and Writing; and
    • a score of at least 8.0 for Speaking and Listening.
    The IELTS test scores must appear on a single IELTS TRF and be the result of a test undertaken during the 12 month period prior to submitting an application.
    OR
    2. An applicant has completed study assessed by AITSL as comparable to at least four years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) higher education (university) study, that results in a qualification/s comparable to the education level of an Australian bachelor degree or higher, (must include a recognised initial teacher education qualification) undertaken in Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America.
    All applications received by AITSL post-marked from 1 January 2013 will be assessed against the new English language proficiency requirements.
    The English language proficiency changes only apply to AITSL and do not impact on other assessment authorities. The AITSL educational and professional criteria remain unchanged.
    For information relating to English language proficiency requirements email [email protected] or freecall 1800 337 872.

calling all our immediate actions before January 2013 bago maging butas ng karayom ang dadaanin natin..GB us all!!!

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    Thanks Ariel for the information, hopefully meron pang ibang teachers na makapag-apply. Hindi na kita nakikita sa ym, hindi na rin ako masyado nag-online kc na-hack ang ym id ko. :(

Follow your heart but trust your gut.

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    @gemini23 : hi ms lei...ganun bah...gawa k nlng ng bago...i feel nervous na for tomorrow...

• sticktoexecutesticktoexecute Sydney
    guys kumusta ang mga teachers dito? I am in Sydney already, though on Friday we will be moving to Albury ( a regional state, that is where we intend to stay because we are on a 475 visa). Regarding teaching, I have already done the two steps to be accredited to teach in NSW public schools: I had my statement of eligibility from the NSW institute of teachers, and I had sent my application to teach. I was just following the process found in the teach.nsw website. Hope that all will be alright. So far I find Oz a great place to live in. Good luck to all of us. @R_Yell good luck to your ielts!
  • R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    hi to all pinoy teachers...im sad today after i saw my results. for now, i feel like i dont want to retake IELTS for the second time...im thinking of NZ...anybody whats the IELTS requirement for NZ migrant teachers applicant???

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    NZ needs band 7 in each component...:D...found the answer...

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    Sorry to hear that R_Yell...I know the feeling of not getting our target band. With the new required IELTS band scores this coming January, I was thinking with lots of practice I could get 8 for Listening and Speaking if ever I do the retake but for the Writing, I doubt if I could get 7. :-(

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    Hello, yung visa 475, yan po ba yung sponsored by regional area in Australia? Gaano katagal po kayo pwede mag-stay ng Oz with that kind of visa? Pareho din po ba requirements s skillselect to apply for that, I mean like undergoing AISTL skill assessment, IELTS, and the amount of visa application?

• sticktoexecutesticktoexecute Sydney
    @gemini yeah 475 is a state sponsored visa, pero alam nung july 2012 iba na ang tawag sa kanya chaka may nabago na sa requirements...
    @ryell hey dont worry and dont give up, retake lang ng retake, now that alam mo na pano ginagawa ang test im sure alam mo na rin ang mga dapat paghandaan. May nadownload akong reviewer sa ieltd yun. Yung ginamit kong pam practice, if you want sendan kits ng link...
  • R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    @sticktoexecute : thanks kabayan sa encouragement....cge dw pakisend ng links...parang naubos ko na online reviewer ko dito...nasa 26-27/40 ung score ko sa reading...bihira lng ang tama ko sa matching the main idea and the paragraph, uggghhhhh! naiinis na ako...

maraming salamat ulit...looking forward to have it from u. gbu

• ianne27ianne27 Melbourne
    Hi to all Filipino Teachers here... just new in this forum...
    waiting for my AITSL result - submitted last Sept. 18, 2012...
    Hoping for a positive outcome.

@R_Yell: don't give up...kaya mo yan...matapos lang yang IELTS...lahat smooth na

SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER Anzsco Code 241411 = May 12, 2012 - IELTS Exam / May 25, 2012 - IELTS result -PASSED / Sept. 18, 2012 - Submitted Skills Assessment @ AITSL / Sept. 20, 2012 - Acknowledgment from AITSL /Dec. 11, 2012 - AITSL Result - Assessment Completed / Dec. 27, 2012 - AITSL Certificate received = SUITABLE or POSITIVE ASSESSMENT / Jan. 04, 2013 - Created EOI with 70 pts. / Jan.07, 2013 - Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (First EOI) / March 13, 2013 - Created EOI with 65 pts. /March 18, 2013- Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (Second EOI) Thank GOD for another chance ;-)
    May 02, 2013 - Lodged Visa 189 - finally
    May 03, 2013 - PCC uploaded
    May 16, 2013 - Completed Med. Exam @ St. Luke's
    May 18, 2013 - Allocated CO - Team 31 GSM Brisbane, CO VL
    May 25, 2013- Submitted Form 80 and other docs requested
    May 28, 2013 - St. Luke's uploaded our med. results
    June 12, 2013 - Submitted Form 815 (requested, June 10)
    June 13, 2013 - Visa Grant (Thank you Lord!)
    Sept. 11, 2013 - See yah Melbourne, Australia

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." - Jeremiah 29:11-12

Sa lahat ng mga Kaguruan.. let's keep this forum alive -
    we can help each other via this one...
    Can't find other forum that has this topic - tayo lang...sobrang helpful talaga this site ;-)
    keep us posted

SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER Anzsco Code 241411 = May 12, 2012 - IELTS Exam / May 25, 2012 - IELTS result -PASSED / Sept. 18, 2012 - Submitted Skills Assessment @ AITSL / Sept. 20, 2012 - Acknowledgment from AITSL /Dec. 11, 2012 - AITSL Result - Assessment Completed / Dec. 27, 2012 - AITSL Certificate received = SUITABLE or POSITIVE ASSESSMENT / Jan. 04, 2013 - Created EOI with 70 pts. / Jan.07, 2013 - Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (First EOI) / March 13, 2013 - Created EOI with 65 pts. /March 18, 2013- Invited by DIAC for VISA 189 (Second EOI) Thank GOD for another chance ;-)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." - Jeremiah 29:11-12

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    @ianne27 Hello! Welcome to this forum! I agree to your comment na sana maraming Filipino teachers makapg-share dito ng application and migration experience. By the way, anong level pina-assess mo? Good luck on your skill assessment, hopefully positive yan and please continue sharing your Oz journey here. :-)

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    @ianne27 : welcome mam...tips nman jan sa IELTS...nahihirapan ako sa reading...

edited November 2012
    @R_Yell here are some helpful tips in reading (hopefully, they are, heheheh)

1. Find the main idea in each paragraph... all questions are anchored there.

2. While you read, make quick markings and annotations - You can underline and mark the questionnaire - that's what I did so I could easily find the answers to the given questions whether implicit or explicit. :-)

2. Dont linger on a certain question if you don't know it... answer everything that you know first... then balikan mo nalang to save time...

3. Recheck your spelling - it matters - same with apostrophes and contractions.

4. Focus and read everything - skim and scan but don't skip... chances are you'll be missing details...

ALL THE BEST! kaya mo yan...:-) Your scores are not really horrible - Prayers +skill + luck = target score mo na lalabas next

@gemini23 thanks:-) I know quite long pa journey namin to OZ... but we know na paunti unti e makakaFINISH LINE din kami.

SECONDARY TEACHER entry ko, primary applicant. It's soooo hard gathering all the papers specially I'm also working. From practicum to COE's - Ako pa lahat nagdraft ng mga letter so they'll just sign and edit just in case they want to change something para mas mabilis. Kasi if inaasa sa kanila mas matagal, they'll tend to give you excuses.

As of now, waiting for the result from AITSL. Then submit EOI, we have an agent to help us...we're both busy and working kaya we can't do some stuff personally.

bout u? :-)

• gemini23gemini23 Win
    @ianne27 Hi! Thank you for sharing, now it's clear to me na I have to settle IELTS and AISTL before I can submit EOI....

I plan to retake IELTS but I think maaabutan ako ng changes sa required band score next year, so I plan to really really prepare for it to get the scores kahit mukhang imposible. Kasi if now, I'm still not ready with my documents for skill assessment. Saka eto nga yung dilemma ko, I want to nominate Secondary Teacher as well cuz that is my college degree but my teaching experiences are mostly in Primary level, so would they recognised my work experience as closely relevant to my nominated occupation? So dun ako na-stuck.

• R_YellR_Yell Auckland
    @ianne27 :thank you po mam sa encouragement...taga saan po kau?

@gemini23 Yep, maabutan ng changes...esp. no more slots pag ganitong time na... everybody is rushing... BUt I think kayangkaya mo yon... practice practice lang... esp if madami ka time... ako nahirapan magpractice because of work.

You are SECONDARY, but experiences in teaching in the primary - hmmmm i think that is possible... pasa mo kasi sabi nila at nakalagay dun sa AITSL relevant work experience... relevant naman ung experiences mo ah - same work lang gawa ng highschool at elem. Enumerate all you work sa CV mo at COE...

excited na ako for you...

edited December 2012
    @R_Yell here in Manila...hehehe been teaching for 6 years na sa Catholic Schools

@R_Yell lapit na IELTS mo...we'll pray for you ;-)
    Tulungan tayo dito sa forum... Your updates... my updates can and might be helpful sa iba...

nakakainggit ung ibang assessing bodies...ambilis mag-assess...ang AITSL ang tagal- the agony of waiting...

edited November 2012
    read the previous posts - is jheila23 still here? she can be of great help sa ating lahat heheheh...
    c dnoblec din...nasan na kaya sila? :-)

Madaming teaching opportunities sa OZ... Im planning to target Catholic Schools...
    I emailed them personally (adik din ako...wala pa ngang visa and AITSL)
    they responded naman...positively... but they still check visa first...
    atleast nabuhayan ako...