Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Relationship Registration

Hi everyone!

Tanong ko lang sana if necessary ba na mag paregister ng relationship as soon as makarating ako sa Melbourne? I will be living with my Australian partner pero ayaw pa namin kasi magpakasal. Hindi din sya nagsponsor ng visa ko kasi nakahanap ako ng work before ko pa sya nameet. Pero eventually kasi sana plan ko magPR. Ung 457 kasi limited na ang extension di ba? Tips naman kasi gusto ko talaga magstay jan. Salamat!

Comments

• seestraseestra Brisbane
    I don't think you need to register your relationship for the purpose you mentioned. The government will still recognise your de facto relationship as long as you can meet the requirements stated in https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/35relationship.

But of course, if you & your partner want to formalise your relationship, you're free to do so. That is, if you meet the requirements: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/marriage-weddings-and-civil-partnerships/civil-partnerships/entering-a-civil-partnership.

If you read through it, I guess it will be useful to register kung wala pa kayong 1 year since hindi sya requirement, unlike sa proof of de facto relationship.

"Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you"

• wittygemwittygem Posts: 8Member
    @seestra thank you!!! Its very helpful!!! :)
  • seestraseestra Brisbane
    @wittygem You’re very welcome! Good luck!

"Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you"