Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

IELTS Exam Tips

rochanrochan PhilippinesPosts: 6Member
Sa mga mag te-take po ng IELTS, try nyo din basahin etong mga useful tips na nabasa ko dito.

http://www.ieltsexamstips.com/

Comments

• swantutorsonlineswantutorsonline hyderabad
    IELTS PREPARATION ONLINE
    The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user through to expert. to be expert seek IELTS Preparation Online by Swan Tutors Indusrty Experts. Avail FREE LIVE DEMO now.
    IELTS is obtainable in two test versions: 1. Academic - for people applying for higher education or professional registration, and 2.General Training - for those migrating to Australia, Canada and the UK, or applying for secondary education, training programmes and work experience in an English-speaking environment. Both versions provide a valid and accurate assessment of the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
    IELTS is available at more than 1,200 locations worldwide, including more than 50 locations in the USA, and there are 48 test dates a year. IELTS Preparation Online and IELTS Training Online for IELTS Online Coaching are the best suited to score high in IELTS Exam.
    IELTS is majorly used for Migration, Study and Work
    There are two versions of the test: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Both are graded in exactly the same way.
    You will take the first three parts of the test all on one day in the following order: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. There are no breaks between the first three tests.
    You will take the Speaking test either on the same day, or 7 days before or after that, depending on local arrangements.
    A range of native-speaker accents (North American, Australian, New Zealand and British) is used in the Listening test, and all standard varieties of English are accepted in responses in all parts of the test. with the help of our IELTS Preparation Online You can be rest assured of higer grades.
  • BjaneBjane qatar
    baka po my mga free kau jan n pang exam pra makapagprepare. balak kz nmin mag ielts
  • NehaSharma20NehaSharma20 New Delhi
    As to apply for Australia immigration, i want to know what is the IELTS requirement for Australia PR?
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Perth, WA
    Or take PTE-Academic instead.
  • engrOdetteAquinoengrOdetteAquino Posts: 9Member
    > @NehaSharma20 said:
    > As to apply for Australia immigration, i want to know what is the IELTS requirement for Australia PR?

PR Visa 189 should be 6 or higher.
  • karlboykarlboy Makati

ANZSCO 263111 | Computer Network and Systems Engineer | Age : 25 | Education: 15 | Experience: 10 | PTE: 20 | Total: 70 Points

• nhodzkienhodzkie Adelaide

I Took the ielts GT computered based last oct 12 and got the unsatisfactory results. Listening 6, Reading 5 , Writing 5.5 (task 1 letter, task 2 essay) , Speaking 6.5 (one on one speaking with human). I retook taking up PTE academic and got satisfied.

karlboy
  • karlboykarlboy Makati

@nhodzkie said:
    I Took the ielts GT computered based last oct 12 and got the unsatisfactory results. Listening 6, Reading 5 , Writing 5.5 (task 1 letter, task 2 essay) , Speaking 6.5 (one on one speaking with human). I retook taking up PTE academic and got satisfied.

I see so the speaking part is still with a person. Thanks for the insight!

ANZSCO 263111 | Computer Network and Systems Engineer | Age : 25 | Education: 15 | Experience: 10 | PTE: 20 | Total: 70 Points

@karlboy said:

@nhodzkie said:

I see so the speaking part is still with a person. Thanks for the insight!

Yes right for IELTS speaking test is one on one to person. sa PTE all are through computer.

• ed1982ed1982 China

PTE is easier. I got 6.0,6.5,7.0,7.5 in IELTS but in PTE i score 80+ in 4 sections.

nhodzkie

ANZCODE - 261311 - ANALYST PROGRAMMER
    8 AUG 2019 - PTE - 80/80/80/85
    12 AUG 2019 - ACS POSITIVE
    12 AUG 2019 - SUBMITTED 189/190 - 75/80
    17-JUN-2020 - TOOK NAATI EXAM TO GET ADDITIONAL 5 POINTS - WAITING FOR RESULTS
    21-JUN-2020 - POSITIVE NAATI RESULTS
    21-JUN-2020 - UPDATE EOI 189/190 - 80/85
    05-AUGUST-2020 - WIFE TO TAKE PTE TO GET ADDITIONAL 5 POINTS
    TARGET TOTAL POINTS BY AUGUST 2020 - 85/90

• prexypantsprexypants Posts: 3Member

i did get ielts materials as mentioned here.

I suggest you take PTE. 2timer IELTS taker i take PTE on the 3rd time. 1 day test and result

• ahyenahyen UAE

Hi po! Any tips for IELTS? Can we also use templates for essay like in PTE? :) Planning to take IELTS so I can use it to apply to other country aside Australia.

233513 | 85 points
    March 2019 - PTE: S90 R90 W90 L90
    June 2019 - Submitted CDR to EA
    July 2019 - Received positive EA assessment + RSEA
    August 2019 - EOI submission
    August 2020 - EOI updated 8 years experience

• RuCheRuChe Melbourne

Hi, is IELTS testing on going despite of lockdown in Phils?

• engr.lenengr.len DXB

Hi does anyone already took up an IETS exam during Pandemic? Particularly in the Philippines. Thank you!

• engr.lenengr.len DXB

Also, do you suggest to take PTE instead of IELTS? As I am applying for 189 visa. Thank you.

• KaidanKaidan Posts: 119Member

@engr.len said:
    Also, do you suggest to take PTE instead of IELTS? As I am applying for 189 visa. Thank you.

Very subjective but most Filipinos prefer PTE as they get better results with it. Depends on your comfort zone honestly.

Personally, I prefer IELTS with its simple test format and its more relaxed speaking test. I also prefer that my writing and speaking is graded by a human. In principle, IELTS is more of a real test of your English than PTE because PTE is artificial. The system can be gamed. You just have to understand how their AI works, even if your English is purely non-sense, you would ace it. You can fail speaking by mere factors like poor mic positioning, naturally breathy voice, naturally husky voice, and just because the overall caliber of your voice is not what PTE expects, even if you actually pronounce the words correctly. PTE is biased in favor of Indian accents than actual native speakers who have natural glottal stops and soft vowel silences, (or even silent consonants). PTE prefers that you speak each words completely sharp (treat as stand alone words, as PTE only detects stresses in a sentence) and that is not natural in real life scenario.

But yes, PTE is said to be easier to crack than IELTS.

• engr.lenengr.len DXB

@Kaidan said:

@engr.len said:

Very subjective but most Filipinos prefer PTE as they get better results with it. Depends on your comfort zone honestly.

Personally, I prefer IELTS with its simple test format and its more relaxed speaking test. I also prefer that my writing and speaking is graded by a human. In principle, IELTS is more of a real test of your English than PTE because PTE is artificial. The system can be gamed. You just have to understand how their AI works, even if your English is purely non-sense, you would ace it. You can fail speaking by mere factors like poor mic positioning, naturally breathy voice, naturally husky voice, and just because the overall caliber of your voice is not what PTE expects, even if you actually pronounce the words correctly. PTE is biased in favor of Indian accents than actual native speakers who have natural glottal stops and soft vowel silences, (or even silent consonants). PTE prefers that you speak each words completely sharp (treat as stand alone words, as PTE only detects stresses in a sentence) and that is not natural in real life scenario.

But yes, PTE is said to be easier to crack than IELTS.

Hi thank you for enlightening me for this. As I am planning to take an exam next month.

• mikeez.mikeez. Philippines

Hello. Question po. Is there anyone po who tried the IELTS remarking? I got 6.5 in speaking and it was my first time. L8.5R7.5W7S6.5. Need ko po sana ng 7 for speaking. Maayos naman po English ko kaso mabilis lang talaga mag salita nung exam since kinakabahan po ako.

• rellim115rellim115 Posts: 190Member

@mikeez. said:
    Hello. Question po. Is there anyone po who tried the IELTS remarking? I got 6.5 in speaking and it was my first time. L8.5R7.5W7S6.5. Need ko po sana ng 7 for speaking. Maayos naman po English ko kaso mabilis lang talaga mag salita nung exam since kinakabahan po ako.

@mikeez, try mo pa-remark.may chance iakyat sa 7 yan although kuripot tlg sila sa W at S. ung sa akin L -9, R-8.5, W-7, S-9. Writing naman pinaremark ko, inakyat lang ng 7.5. 13 days na lang yata ngayon may result na, so pwede mo i-try or take ka PTE:-)

MumVeng

04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    01 Aug 2019 | IELTS L/S/W/R (9/9/7.5/8.5/) Overall: 8.5, Proficient
    24 Sep 2019 | 249311 TESOL positive skills assessment
    28 Sep 2019 | PTE Academic L/S/W/R (81/90/83/90) Overall: 89, Superior
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    05 Dec 2019 | EOI for 491 lodged, 249311 (NT, 85 points)
    09 Dec 2019 | MigrationNT application lodged
    24 Dec 2019 | Turned 40, minus 10 points (75 points)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    28 May 2020 | Received invite from Skillselect
    03 June 2020 | Lodged visa
    19 June 2020 | Health clearance provided - No action required
    24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    70 days to provide those documents.
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.
    06 Nov 2020 | Done with biometrics
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant!:-) To God be the Glory!

1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

@mikeez. said:

Try nyo po magpa-remark since madalas po nila ina-award ung 0.5 up. But if you plan to take the exam again, ang common reason po why people are stuck at a 6.5 is vocabulary. For 7.0, you need to be using idiomatic expressions and less common collocations.

ANZCO 233311 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

TOTAL POINTS: 55/60
    (Age:30 | Education: 15 | English: 10 (Preparing for PTE to get 20) | Experience: 0)

• eris0819eris0819 Posts: 158Member

Hello po, may chance po na iba ung score s online vs ung sa actual print out na immail sa home address? Pwede dn po kaya mag-appeal esp sa speaking test ? Bka ksi naka-affect ung pagsuot ng mask :( Thank you