Sorry for the down-time kanina, I've sorted it out, everything should be back to normal.
Hi All, I hope everyone is well and also your family. As a way to extend help during this time of crisis, Visa Consort in partnership with Pinoy AU, would like to offer further reduced rate (for a limited period) to anyone who would wish to engage a migration agent service. If you have conducted your research, you know that their rate is one of the most affordable in the market. Please click here for more details about the offering.
Welcome to the New and Upgraded Pinoy AU Forum! We have only updated a couple of times since 2010. Apology it took some time. Some of the features are still being migrated. Please feel free to report here or email me at [email protected] if you will encounter any issues. Thank you.

Work as an engineer in Australia

123457

Comments

  • rvonlinervonline Melbourne
    Posts: 28Member
    Joined: Sep 10, 2019
    > @francorio said:
    > Hi po newbie here. I'm currently applying for PR and my target location is in melbourne. I'm a civil engr d2 sa pinas. Based sa mga forums and blogs na na nakita ko mukang mahirap talaga mag hanap ng work jan sa au. I'm preparing myself to work for a blue collar job once I landed while looking for engr job. Target ko sana is skilled worker in construction kahit carpenter or even laborer. Tanong ko lang kung mahirap ba pumasok kahit sa ganun industry? Thanks in advance

    In the next 7 years, melbourne will be busy in construction. Projects in tenders and planning are heaps.
    NEL project is the biggest.
    Melbourne Airport link
    Highspeed Geelong train
    Level crossing removal
    Monash Upgrade
    Monash subway

    Early this year, my manager was saying if you have Engg degree and knows how to speak english we want you for the major projects. They been hiring people from interstate because no available engineer in Vic.
  • Gft_SGGft_SG Melbourne
    Posts: 91Member
    Joined: Oct 08, 2013

    @kimpoy said:

    Good day.

    Paano po makakuha ng local experience sa Oz kung ang target job ko is makapasok sa drafting job? Currently working as M&E drafter sa construction sa SG. Dati din ako nagwork as electrical drafter sa eng'g consultancy sa SG & PH. Yung pagiging engineer lang ang di ko napractice dito sa SG.

    1. Magvolunteer sa mga community...counted po ba ito as local experience?
    2. any job po ba will count as local experience if gusto ko pumasok sa line of work ko?
    3. Mayroon po bang drafting trainee? just to have a local experience?

    Hi Kimpoy,

    Malaki ang demand for pinoy drafting here and after working here for 5 years, I can assure you, we have made a good reputation here as "expert" drafters. So I think the best way to get in the industry is be persistent. Tawagan mo ang recruiter and have a casual talk if they are interested to check your experience. I know it is hard to convince them if you do not have a local experience, but tell them anyway. My first job, i told the recruiter you can try me for a week and if you are not happy, just dismiss me by Friday. since then tuloy tuloy na.

    2339 Other Engineering Professional
    23-Mar-2013 :IELTS - Total Band Score: 7.5
    06-Jun-2013 :EA CDR Submitted
    30-Aug-2013 :EA Positive Result
    06-Sep-2013 :EOI lodged (65 points) -189 Visa
    01-Nov-2013 : Applied for Victoria SS
    08-Nov-2013 : Victoria SS approved (that was unexpected)
    11-Nov-2013: Withdraw 189 EOI and applied 190 EOI
    11-Nov-2013: Invitation received
    14-Nov-2013: lodged 190 visa
    14-22-Nov-2013: upload all docs
    22-Nov-2013: medical (SAta) and SG PCC
    02-Dec-2013: wifes medical cleared. Mine could be referred to MOC(hoping clearance wont take time
    13-Dec-2013; SG COC uploaded
    16-Dec-2013: medical cleared
    07-Jan-2014: co allocated
    08-jan-2014: grant eid june 2014
    may 2014: moved to melbourne
    its been good eversince. got a job, car and soon moving to our new house.

  • kimpoykimpoy Singapore
    Posts: 184Member
    Joined: Oct 27, 2016

    @Gft_SG Salamat sa reply

    ANZSCO 312311 | Electrical Engineering Draftsperson |

    29.04.2017 |IELTS GT |LRSWO|6.0/7.0/6.5/6.0|6.5
    05.04.2018 | PTE-A |LRSWO|62/75/64/68|68
    15.04.2018 | Lodged EA Assessment
    31.05.2018 | EA: POSITIVE
    06.07.2018 | Submitted 489 EOI 55+10=65 pts SA|
    30.07.2018 | Lodged SA State Nomination Application
    26.10.2018 | ITA Received - 489 (SA)
    06.12.2018 | Lodged Visa 489 application (SA)
    04.06.2019 | Direct Grant

  • rvonlinervonline Melbourne
    Posts: 28Member
    Joined: Sep 10, 2019
    Kimpoy, you will be fine here. Yun overseas experience mo will be considered here. Bihira yun ME drafter dito. Just ensure you highlight your skills, experience at work achievement. No more than 2 pages.
  • kenroykenroy Philippines
    Posts: 32Member
    Joined: Oct 12, 2018

    Hello po, I am a Civil Engineer specialized in Roads and Highway Design. Ask ko lang po sana what are the chances of finding a job, considering that I have already a background in Australian standards since I already worked in an Australian Design Consultancy Firm here in PH. Unfortunately, nagka lay-off and di ko nacontinue so I only had 6 months fruitful worth of experience. Any engineers here with the same line as I do? Thanks and God Bless!

  • PitMbPitMb New South Wales
    Posts: 73Member
    Joined: Jul 30, 2014

    @kenroy said:
    Hello po, I am a Civil Engineer specialized in Roads and Highway Design. Ask ko lang po sana what are the chances of finding a job, considering that I have already a background in Australian standards since I already worked in an Australian Design Consultancy Firm here in PH. Unfortunately, nagka lay-off and di ko nacontinue so I only had 6 months fruitful worth of experience. Any engineers here with the same line as I do? Thanks and God Bless!

    If you are already here in Oz, in Sydney specifically or any part of NSW, google the Tier 1, 2 and 3 companies that are involved in Major Infra projects, of the Tier 1 Comp. CPB and John Holland have the most projects in terms of budget, involves bridge, roadworks and tunnels, start from there.

  • PitMbPitMb New South Wales
    Posts: 73Member
    Joined: Jul 30, 2014

    @rvonline said:
    > @francorio said:
    > Hi po newbie here. I'm currently applying for PR and my target location is in melbourne. I'm a civil engr d2 sa pinas. Based sa mga forums and blogs na na nakita ko mukang mahirap talaga mag hanap ng work jan sa au. I'm preparing myself to work for a blue collar job once I landed while looking for engr job. Target ko sana is skilled worker in construction kahit carpenter or even laborer. Tanong ko lang kung mahirap ba pumasok kahit sa ganun industry? Thanks in advance

    In the next 7 years, melbourne will be busy in construction. Projects in tenders and planning are heaps.
    NEL project is the biggest.
    Melbourne Airport link
    Highspeed Geelong train
    Level crossing removal
    Monash Upgrade
    Monash subway

    Early this year, my manager was saying if you have Engg degree and knows how to speak english we want you for the major projects. They been hiring people from interstate because no available engineer in Vic.

    And so is Sydney, infra projects here are everywhere, Airport, Metro, Light Rails, Tunnels, Interchange, were looking at a 30 year development, if you can be here before the Metro West starts maybe we can recommend you for a Junior role, you'll start from scratch as the work culture is different but you're Pinoy i'm pretty sure you'll get there

  • PitMbPitMb New South Wales
    Posts: 73Member
    Joined: Jul 30, 2014

    @rvonline said:
    I migrated here 12 years ago with advised from an Agent to go thru Vetassess instead of EA because it’s easier to get approval. I nominated Project Admin for assessment purposes though I worked as Project Engineer in Phils.

    I spoke to EA and ask them about the benefits of being a member and can they help me find a job. EA told me as a member you get discount on training and seminar for CPD and networking with fellow members but we can’t help you find a job.
    Since then nawalan na ako ng interest mag pa assess for membership. I’m working as construction engineer for Tier1 company (maybe no.1 or 2 Aus company). Half of my colleagues are also not a member, majority studied here and never renew their membership after being a graduate member. I know someone who’s EA member and PMP works as Sales Engineer / Manager.
    They said if you intend to be a charter engineer (i think usually designer), it’s better to be a member for CPD purposes. If you have spare money and it will benefit you, go for it otherwise don’t worry about it.

    Are you with CPB?

  • JanaJana Posts: 4Member
    Joined: Nov 25, 2019

    Hello po, newbie here but silent reader, been here for 2 months now in Sydney and still have no luck pa din. Looking for construction estimator role, baka po may mag openings sa company nyo. Thank you po.

  • ali0522ali0522 philippines
    Posts: 215Member
    Joined: Aug 08, 2018

    @PitMb hi po, can you recommend me for junior roles sir? My experience is structural analysis in bridges and residential/commercial building. I am a structural engineer in ph for over 5 years, I have also structural drafting experience. I have visa 190.

  • moskiomoskio Posts: 34Member
    Joined: Apr 20, 2018

    Hello po sa inyong lahat sana may mka advice po sa inyo sa kung anong dapat gawin nmin ..currently we are going to lodge our visa 190 at ako po main applicant. Ang asawa ko po ay QC Civil engineer dito sa Dubai. Need paba nya mgpa assess sa EA pra makahanap cya ng work dyan if ever ma grant kmi..required po ba ng employer yung assessment ng EA..or no need na po nyang mgpa assess..

  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA
    Posts: 1,890Member, Moderator
    Joined: Jul 04, 2012

    @moskio said:
    Hello po sa inyong lahat sana may mka advice po sa inyo sa kung anong dapat gawin nmin ..currently we are going to lodge our visa 190 at ako po main applicant. Ang asawa ko po ay QC Civil engineer dito sa Dubai. Need paba nya mgpa assess sa EA pra makahanap cya ng work dyan if ever ma grant kmi..required po ba ng employer yung assessment ng EA..or no need na po nyang mgpa assess..

    *not required, it can be helpful, employers refer to applicant's work experience. EA assess is for migration lang

    18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

    Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

  • moskiomoskio Posts: 34Member
    Joined: Apr 20, 2018

    Maraming salamat po sir @Captain_A

  • rigilabogadorigilabogado Posts: 6Member
    Joined: Nov 03, 2019

    Good day sainyo. Mechanical engineer po ako sa isang metal manufacturing dito sa pinas, more on application ng mechanical systems, design & drafting ang experience ko ( shredder machine, boat winch, conveyors, etc.) pero 1 year pa lang po experience ko dito sa pinas, magiging dependent po ako ng de facto partner ko na magaaral sa sydney, may tumatanggap po ba sakanila kahit 1 yr experience lang na part time mechanical engr since certificate course lng kukunin ng partner ko? or kunh di po pede baka po mayroon kahit medyo related sa mechanical engineering na work kahit di specifically mechanical engr ang title.

  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA
    Posts: 1,890Member, Moderator
    Joined: Jul 04, 2012

    @rigilabogado said:
    Good day sainyo. Mechanical engineer po ako sa isang metal manufacturing dito sa pinas, more on application ng mechanical systems, design & drafting ang experience ko ( shredder machine, boat winch, conveyors, etc.) pero 1 year pa lang po experience ko dito sa pinas, magiging dependent po ako ng de facto partner ko na magaaral sa sydney, may tumatanggap po ba sakanila kahit 1 yr experience lang na part time mechanical engr since certificate course lng kukunin ng partner ko? or kunh di po pede baka po mayroon kahit medyo related sa mechanical engineering na work kahit di specifically mechanical engr ang title.

    yes meron nmn basta masigasig ka mag hanap

    18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

    Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

  • JacrayeJacraye Sydney
    Posts: 95Member
    Joined: Mar 06, 2018

    @chikka_gurl143 said:
    Hi everyone!

    I am an engineer from the Philippines. I am migrating to Aus as a partner of an Aussie. Do I need to become a member of Engineers Australia before I can apply for a job here in Aus?

    I will appreciate it if someone is able to shed light on this.

    Daghang Salamat!

    Joycenel

    Hi @chikka_gurl143. for your question, it's a NO. you don't need to be a member of EA to get a job in au. However, it will always be an advantage.

    ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA
    Posts: 1,890Member, Moderator
    Joined: Jul 04, 2012

    @chikka_gurl143 said:
    Hi everyone!

    I am an engineer from the Philippines. I am migrating to Aus as a partner of an Aussie. Do I need to become a member of Engineers Australia before I can apply for a job here in Aus?

    I will appreciate it if someone is able to shed light on this.

    Daghang Salamat!

    Joycenel

    in my experience, no employer has mentioned about EA membership, they look more on how close your work experience to the position they need.

    18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

    Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

  • erwayneerwayne Posts: 71Member
    Joined: Jun 01, 2020

    Hi Everyone!

    I ran into this forum looking jobs in Australia, medyo matagal tagal na pala tong TOPIC na to, but I think it's still relevant, especially right now, we are all in crisis and trying to make ends meet. Hope you guys are doing fine in this strange times.

    My contract just ended in Singapore right before the lockdown and lucky in a way I was able to get home before all of that. I was a DRAFTING SPECIALIST for 2 years back there and I have an 8 year experience as a SHIP DESIGN STAFF in a Shipbuilding Company in the Philippines. I am planning to work in Australia (not right now) and I am wondering how I will be able to do that since I am still in the Philippines.

    My plans are
    1) Get help from an Agency and get an assesment under Skills Migration

                       OR
    
                         2) Study in Australia and look for a job related or a better job , a good employer that will sponsor my work visa while still studying. (If I could not get a job, then I'll just use my Certificate to apply again in Singapore so I can get a better job with a better salary)
    

    My Questions are, are my job experiences enough and does job title really matter in Australia? I am a graduate of Computer Science btw but ended up in a Shipbuilding Company (hehehe) Do I need an Engineer Job Title to be on the list?or as long as I have the right skills on my resume? I've read on this forum that Draftsman are in demand? My job are almost the same as an engineer though. But I am also willing to shift into another Career if that what it takes.

    Hope you can give some advices and Tips on what should my DISKARTE would be.

    Thank you so much and I would appreciate all your replies!God bless you all!

  • erwayneerwayne Posts: 71Member
    Joined: Jun 01, 2020

    Hi Everyone!

    I ran into this forum looking jobs in Australia, medyo matagal tagal na pala tong TOPIC na to, but I think it's still relevant, especially right now, we are all in crisis and trying to make ends meet. Hope you guys are doing fine in this strange times.

    My contract just ended in Singapore right before the lockdown and lucky in a way I was able to get home before all of that. I was a DRAFTING SPECIALIST for 2 years back there and I have an 8 year experience as a SHIP DESIGN STAFF in a Shipbuilding Company in the Philippines. I am planning to work in Australia (not right now) and I am wondering how I will be able to do that since I am still in the Philippines.

    My plans are
    1) Get help from an Agency and get an assesment under Skills Migratio
    OR
    2) Study in Australia and look for a job related or a better job , a good employer that will sponsor my work visa while still studying. (If I could not get a job, then I'll just use my Certificate to apply again in Singapore so I can get a better job with a better salary)

    My Questions are, are my job experiences enough and does job title really matter in Australia? I am a graduate of Computer Science btw but ended up in a Shipbuilding Company (hehehe) Do I need an Engineer Job Title to be on the list?or as long as I have the right skills on my resume? I've read on this forum that Draftsman are in demand? My job are almost the same as an engineer though. But I am also willing to shift into another Career if that what it takes.

    Hope you can give some advices and Tips on what should my DISKARTE would be.

    Thank you so much and I would appreciate all your replies!God bless you all!

  • vencel2017vencel2017 Victoria
    Posts: 117Member
    Joined: Nov 19, 2016
    @erwayne here is my opinion. These are just my observation, others may totally have a different experience. Depending on the year they came here, state, age and many other factors.

    1. are my job experiences enough and does job title really matter in Australia? Job experience highly matters. On the other hand, job titles matter during application and screening because we are being filtered by Hiring personnel. This is understandable. If you are in their shoes, will you look for someones CV if you don't see the keyword you are looking for?
    2. Do I need an Engineer Job Title to be on the list? Yes (refer to no. 1).
    3. or as long as I have the right skills on my resume? You have to make your CV fit the job you are applying for. I'm not saying to purge your CV but if you are saying you do have the skills and experience they are looking for, find a way for them to notice that.. probably a cover page? be creative... there are plenty of ways..
    4. I've read on this forum that Draftsman are in demand? This statement came probably from a non-draft/design person(Cause I'm also in EPC). Yes, in a way its in-demand but like in any other company in EPC industry, they prefer those who are experienced in their FIELD. But of course like in anything, this should not stop you from trying and applying.. If you are lucky enough you may the break that you need immediately.

    As you know, time is changing Plus, as the new breed of migrants settles here(from all over the world), the country is being molded differently as it was before. So whatever "diskarte" that have worked before may no longer be as effective today or non effective at all or it could be the other way around for some "diskartes". With this light, plan very well and be prepare for anything but you also believe on your plans and pray for it.

    All the best to your plans and goal. God bless!
    erwayne

    12-3-2016 - EA CDR draft
    12-17-2016 - Booked for Language Exam
    01-20-2017 - Positive Result-English Exam :-)
    02-02-2017 - Submitted EA CDR
    04-10-2017 - Positive EA Result
    04-11-2017 - Lodged EOI
    04-12-2017 - ITA :-)
    04-13-2017 - 189 Visa Lodge
    04-13-2017 - Upload Docs
    04-14-2017 - Scheduled Medical and PCC
    04-22-2017 - First CO contact. Requested Additional Documents (medical, police clearance certificates, Form 80)
    05-05-2017 - Provided all requested documents
    09-07-2017 -Thank you lord.. VISA GRANT!
    02-03-2018 - Big Move

  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA
    Posts: 1,890Member, Moderator
    Joined: Jul 04, 2012

    @erwayne said:

    i think check for an agent first if you have funds for it for clearer path and advice

    18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

    Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

  • erwayneerwayne Posts: 71Member
    Joined: Jun 01, 2020

    @vencel2017 said:
    @erwayne here is my opinion. These are just my observation, others may totally have a different experience. Depending on the year they came here, state, age and many other factors.

    1. are my job experiences enough and does job title really matter in Australia? Job experience highly matters. On the other hand, job titles matter during application and screening because we are being filtered by Hiring personnel. This is understandable. If you are in their shoes, will you look for someones CV if you don't see the keyword you are looking for?
    2. Do I need an Engineer Job Title to be on the list? Yes (refer to no. 1).
    3. or as long as I have the right skills on my resume? You have to make your CV fit the job you are applying for. I'm not saying to purge your CV but if you are saying you do have the skills and experience they are looking for, find a way for them to notice that.. probably a cover page? be creative... there are plenty of ways..
    4. I've read on this forum that Draftsman are in demand? This statement came probably from a non-draft/design person(Cause I'm also in EPC). Yes, in a way its in-demand but like in any other company in EPC industry, they prefer those who are experienced in their FIELD. But of course like in anything, this should not stop you from trying and applying.. If you are lucky enough you may the break that you need immediately.

    As you know, time is changing Plus, as the new breed of migrants settles here(from all over the world), the country is being molded differently as it was before. So whatever "diskarte" that have worked before may no longer be as effective today or non effective at all or it could be the other way around for some "diskartes". With this light, plan very well and be prepare for anything but you also believe on your plans and pray for it.

    All the best to your plans and goal. God bless!

    @vencel2017 Thank you sooo much sir for answering all my questions! That really means a lot especially right now that I am thinking about my next career move and a bit confused with all the Aussie Rules and everything. You are totally correct on all your suggestions and opinions you mentioned.

    Job Experiences, DO really matter in able to get that job, the QUESTION IS, How will I be able to get NOTICE? Plus the Challenge is, HOW WILL YOU GET AN EMPLOYER read your Resume and convince them to hire you wherein there are dozens and dozens of really talented people out there, who are really deserving and who are probably already in Australia. Then why would they need you anyway?
    and that is so TRUE, Time keeps on changing and the way immigrants got there in Australia before would be different from the current situations we have.

    Job Title, Course and Experiences should be the same, that's an SOP cause that is the usual case. Someone also told me here in the forum that I should take a look at the JOb Description for Mechanical Draftperson and I found out that it's almost the same. My job actually is a bit more complicated as I am under PIPING DESIGN Team, wherein we design different Pipe Systems for FPSO/Ships together with the Piping Arrangements, Drawings etc etc.

    Anyhow,I've attached a Job Description for the Mechanical Draftsperson here.

    Thank you so much sir, I appreciate your advice and your encouragements!It really means a lot! If I don't have any choice,I'll just probably go back in SIngapore or get other jobs in another country. Thank you so much, God Bless and Stay Safe!

  • erwayneerwayne Posts: 71Member
    Joined: Jun 01, 2020

    @Captain_A said:

    @erwayne said:

    i think check for an agent first if you have funds for it for clearer path and advice

    I Tried asking an agency and they told me I should get a 6 Years of Experience as an IT PROFESSIONAL first cause my course is Computer Science. Not really sure if they read my resume or if they did, it's probably because I will fail the assesment coz my Job Experiences and my course doesn't really match even doe it's 10 years and I will fail the assesment? :'(

  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA
    Posts: 1,890Member, Moderator
    Joined: Jul 04, 2012

    @erwayne said:

    @Captain_A said:

    @erwayne said:

    i think check for an agent first if you have funds for it for clearer path and advice

    I Tried asking an agency and they told me I should get a 6 Years of Experience as an IT PROFESSIONAL first cause my course is Computer Science. Not really sure if they read my resume or if they did, it's probably because I will fail the assesment coz my Job Experiences and my course doesn't really match even doe it's 10 years and I will fail the assesment? :'(

    sorry to hear that, wala sila sinabi about student visa path way..?

    18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

    Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

  • magueromaguero Adelaide
    Posts: 573Member
    Joined: Oct 24, 2016

    @erwayne I suggest icheck mo rin sa website mismo ng assessing authority for your occupation kung ano ang requirements for a successful skills assessment for your better understanding and peace of mind. Tama naman yung agency na baka mas mahaba ang work experience required pag hindi highly related ang course sa occupation. That will be specified naman sa website. For example sa case ko ang assessing authority ko was Vetassess. Pag highly related ang course 1 year work experience lang kailangan. Pero pag hindi highly related kailangan 3 years work experience.

  • erwayneerwayne Posts: 71Member
    Joined: Jun 01, 2020

    @Captain_A said:

    @erwayne said:

    @Captain_A said:

    @erwayne said:

    i think check for an agent first if you have funds for it for clearer path and advice

    I Tried asking an agency and they told me I should get a 6 Years of Experience as an IT PROFESSIONAL first cause my course is Computer Science. Not really sure if they read my resume or if they did, it's probably because I will fail the assesment coz my Job Experiences and my course doesn't really match even doe it's 10 years and I will fail the assesment? :'(

    sorry to hear that, wala sila sinabi about student visa path way..?

    Through email lang ako nag inquire and that's what they said. Siguro nga at baka alanganin dahil yung course ko ay di related sa Job Experience ko and siguro di nila ganu na intindihan yung job scope ko or they have no idea about it? Not really sure, I asked them kung mag aral na lang ako, kaso If I really want to pursue Engineering, then I should Study an Engineering Course, which of course will be more expensive. :#
    haist.. I dunno what to do honestly, I'll probably just give up Australia :(

  • erwayneerwayne Posts: 71Member
    Joined: Jun 01, 2020

    @maguero said:
    @erwayne I suggest icheck mo rin sa website mismo ng assessing authority for your occupation kung ano ang requirements for a successful skills assessment for your better understanding and peace of mind. Tama naman yung agency na baka mas mahaba ang work experience required pag hindi highly related ang course sa occupation. That will be specified naman sa website. For example sa case ko ang assessing authority ko was Vetassess. Pag highly related ang course 1 year work experience lang kailangan. Pero pag hindi highly related kailangan 3 years work experience.

    Hi Sir @maguero . I'll try to check their website. The Thing is I have experiences both in the Phils and Singapore, and that makes it 10 years, both with similar job scopes but the job title doesn't really match the Skills List for Australia. I don't really know how it works, but should I ask somebody to check my resume and let them inform me WHERE would my skills would fall? Is that how it works? As long it is similar with my skills depending on the visa type and the region?

    sigh.. anyway, thank you sir for the insights and tips, means a lot!God bless!

  • ENGINEER_SALESMANENGINEER_SALESMAN Sydney, Australia
    Posts: 25Member
    Joined: Aug 10, 2018

    Hello, sharing my reflections on how I migrated to Australia with my family last year on a VISA 189 as a mechanical engineer.

    erwayne

    ANZSCO 233513 | Mechanical Engineer | Age: 25, Education: 15, Employment: 15, PTE: 20 | Total points = 75

    04.20.2018 | Initial consultation with registered migration agent
    07.06.2018 | Lodged EA Assessment
    07.31.2018 | Received favorable letter from EA
    08.28.2018 | Took PTE
    08.29.2018 | PTE A Test : LRSW|90/90/90/90
    08.30.2018 | Lodged EOI via Skillselect for VISA 189
    09.11.2018 | Received ITA
    09.20.2018 | Lodged VISA 189 application
    10.04.2018 | Medical exam at St. Luke's-BGC (with wife and 1-year old son)
    10.10.2018 | Medical is finalized (no action required)
    12.05.2018 | VISA 189 PR GRANT (Husband, Wife and 1-yr old son)
    21.02.2019 | ETA: Sydney, Australia. Lived w/ relatives for 5 months
    25.02.2019 | First Interview on HVAC job through head hunter
    07.03.2019 | Final Interview (morning), reference check and medical (afternoon)
    08.03.2019 | Job offer
    11.03.2019 | 1st day @ Work in HVAC job
    27.07.2019 | Moved to rent own place near work

  • mcril22mcril22 Qatar
    Posts: 116Member
    Joined: Jun 10, 2018

    hi guys! going to BM soon to SYd. I am a mech engineer and my previous jobs is inline with repair&maintenance/ operations for oil field service provider. I know wala masyado jobs like this here in Syd but we are on sc190 NSW. ANy chance baka may alam kayo pwede pasahan ng cv's for some job. BTW ENgineering Technologist yung skilled na assessed sakin. Thanks much in advance!

    Skilled Nominated Sub Class 190 Visa Approved - New South Wales

  • erwayneerwayne Posts: 71Member
    Joined: Jun 01, 2020

    @ENGINEER_SALESMAN said:
    Hello, sharing my reflections on how I migrated to Australia with my family last year on a VISA 189 as a mechanical engineer.

    Thank you for sharing your experience through your VLOG, keep posting more for everybody's reference!
    Are you still doing sales until now? What are the other VISA Type you can suggest that doesn't need that much requirements sir? Any tips for anyone that's just starting to plan? Salamat po!

Sign In or Register to comment.
LATEST 10 ACTIVE DISCUSSION THREAD
angel_iq4

Accountant

most recent by ellainejoy

angel_iq4

NEED HELP PLEASE

most recent by Jenry

angel_iq4

Training visa 407

most recent by Jenry

angel_iq4

BM to SA(489)

most recent by odwight

angel_iq4

BIG MOVE 2020

most recent by kars

angel_iq4

PTE ACADEMIC

most recent by reya19

Welcome to Pinoy AU Community!

The longest running Pinoy-Australian Forum site in the history. We are connecting Pinoys "in" and "to" Australia since 2010! If you want to join in, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(40255)

dessayiamsummerJen27Camille_erica2504Camille_erica2504hidelizaStevenGoodmanjermdagreatKristieKuhLeoPerrettyassymjbb14okneebiggirlocirbrengabzbaileyGi888doctorpepperse29m
Browse Members

Members Online (17) + Guest (98)

badblockzkimpoydatch29money_engineerpumpkinlengpot19Piper003lmsg06iaiaiaconnex7287kkoalaclaireanggemshiela27mischief85Joshua_111vanessaN

Top Active Contributors

Top Posters