Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Australia-New Zealand Cruise on Single-Entry Visa

Hi. Nag apply kami (my kids and I) for tourist visas to Australia. Nilagay ko sa application na mag cruise kami. Wala akong sinubmit na itinerary kasi wala pa kaming booking that time. Na grant naman though my kids got single entry. They gave me multiple entry. Right after ma-approve, nagbook na kami. The booking was based on the dates that work for me (yung pwede ako mag leave from work). Ang nabook namin is New Zealand cruise which starts and ends in Sydney.

Later on naisip ko kung enough ba yung single-entry visas ng mga bata. When we enter Sydney from Manila, it would be their first entry.

Pag alis ba namin from the Sydney port, are we officially exiting Australia? And pagbalik ba after the cruise, is that a re-entry? At first it seems that it’s the case. Pero naiisip ko din, siguro naman (more of “sana naman”) may special permit ang Australia especially if the cruise originated from one of their ports like New Zealand has a “deemed to hold a visa” for cruise ship crew and passengers.

Sana meron na naka experience dito. We tried calling Royal Caribbean but they just asked us to check with visacentral.com which was no help at all. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• eilojlegnaeilojlegna Manila
    Ok so I found the answer to my question na din sa Dept of Home Affairs site.

“Cruise
    You will need a visa if you enter Australia during a cruise.

If your cruise is a round trip cruise, the time you spend on the cruise counts as time spent in Australia - that is, we do not consider you have left Australia. A round trip cruise will not reset your stay period on your visa.

Ask your cruise operator or travel agent if we consider your cruise to be a round trip cruise.”

Source:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-onshore#About

“Round trip cruise

A round trip cruise is one that:
    - starts and ends in Australia
    - lasts up to 30 days”

Source:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/glossary
  • medilizamediliza Australia
    good info
  • travelwithhometravelwithhome Posts: 1Member

Hi! Kumusta po yung cruise niyo? natuloy po ba kayo? Single entry din po kasi yung binigay sa akin and balak ko po mag cruise din.

• g_pr0530g_pr0530 saudi arabia

Hello I have a query. I was granted with subclass 600 visa that'll expire on June 20, 2020. The only conditions were visa condition 8115- not allowed to engage in any work and visa condition 8201- not to exceed 3 months stay. There is another visa condition which is visa condition 8503- which means no further stay. Luckily, I wasnt given that kind of condition. So can I apply another visa while I'm in Australia before my 3 month stay expires? Thank you in advance! :)

• g_pr0530g_pr0530 saudi arabia

By the way I was only granted with a single entry visa.