Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

CIVIL ENGINEERING TIPS and INQUIRY

after graduating college as civil engineering. whats the best way po to work and live in australia? can someone advise for the steps? thank you.. planning po to work there sana after graduating or any advise na kuha muna ako ng experience sa pinas and pass the exam or dun na sa australia mag exam? any tips po. maraming salamat

Comments

• hikarihikari Australia

@udonggo not an expert in CE but it will be best to check first the requirements of your assessment authority. EA yung assessing body nyo kung CE yung gusto mong pathway :) ang alam ko kung wala ka pang work xp at gusto mo makapositive assessment eh you have to submit CDR. ganto kasi yung ginawa n friend kong ChemEng board passer sa pinas na nagpaassess sa EA :)

Master of Software Engineering

Jun 2018 Started AU Dreams
    Aug 2018 Started inquiring about Student Visa pathway - AECC Global and KOKOS International
    30-Aug-18 Got an offer with a full scholarship from Macquarie University Course: Master of Information Technology | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    14-Sep-18 Got a conditional offer from Deakin University | Course: Grad Cert + Master IT | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    10-Oct-18 1st PTE-A Exam
    15-Oct-18 Got a full offer from Deakin University
    20-Nov-18 Tuition Fee Payment
    23-Nov-18 Received CoE from Deakin University
    27-Nov-18 Insurance Payment (Medibank)
    29-Nov-18 Medical at St Luke's BGC | Health Clearance Provided - No Actions Required
    12-Dec-18 Student Visa lodgement
    14-Dec-18 CO asked an additional de facto documents (Evidence of same home address)
    19-Dec-18 Uploaded all documents to immi portal (Waiting time!!!)
    02-Jan-19 Visa Grant!
    Jun 2019 IT Grad Cert completed at Deakin Uni
    Aug 2019 First Day in Uni Adelaide

• SGtoAUSGtoAU hervey Bay

@udonggo said:
    after graduating college as civil engineering. whats the best way po to work and live in australia? can someone advise for the steps? thank you.. planning po to work there sana after graduating or any advise na kuha muna ako ng experience sa pinas and pass the exam or dun na sa australia mag exam? any tips po. maraming salamat

Mejo mahirap po kapag fresh graduate kasi baka hindi nyo mameet ang required points due to lack of experience pero first step os to get assessed via engineers australia

I am happy to help If you need a mortgage broker. Email - [email protected] / www.mortgagealley.com.au

****Timeline
    Anszco Code: Construction Project Manager 133111
    28 Oct 17: IELTS test
    15 Apr 18: Skills Assessment Submitted (Vetassess)
    24 May 18: Positive Assessment received from Vetassess
    23 Jul 18: Lodged EOI for Subclass 489 QLD
    28 Aug 18: Received pre-invite from QLD
    04 Sep 18: Submitted all documents to QLD
    12 Sep 18: Received approval from QLD and invitation to apply
    17 Sep 18: Visa lodge
    22 Dec 18: Direct grant 12 Sep 18: Received approval from QLD and invitation to apply
    17 Sep 18: Visa lodge
    22 Dec 18: Direct grant
    01 Aug 2021: Applied for 887 visa
    Currently Waiting for PR grant

• Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@udonggo said:

if from UP, check visa 476

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

if you can reach 85 points for visa 189 or 190, then go ahead apply for PR visa and not wait longer as competition gets tougher this days

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@udonggo said:

@udonggo imo, gain job experience first since you can get points from it and will be part of your migration assessment as a professional. time your application where you can get max points from age (i.e. 25-32yrs old = 30pts). the only draw back of waiting for the right time is the change in migration rules. every year pabago-bago ng rules or requirements kaya minsan nauudlot yung plans to migrate.

But if you have the money, why not study here and work part time to gain experience. marami naman pwede pagpilian na related sa CE dito like Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveyor, etc. And in my experience mas mabilis ang processing ng PR visa (given you completed all requirements) kapag on-shore ka.

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

@udonggo imo, gain job experience first since you can get points from it and will be part of your migration assessment as a professional. time your application where you can get max points from age (i.e. 25-32yrs old = 30pts). the only draw back of waiting for the right time is the change in migration rules. every year pabago-bago ng rules or requirements kaya minsan nauudlot yung plans to migrate.

But if you have the money, why not study here and work part time to gain experience. marami naman pwede pagpilian na related sa CE dito like Construction Project Management, Quantity Surveyor, etc. And in my experience mas mabilis ang processing ng PR visa (given you completed all requirements) kapag on-shore ka.

I agree but also be mindful that student visa doesn’t guarantee a pathway to PR since new rules would most likely be applicable by the time you’re ready to lodge your PR visa application. I’m a product of a student visa myself but was lucky that it worked for me. Not all are successful with this pathway.

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

I agree but also be mindful that student visa doesn’t guarantee a pathway to PR since new rules would most likely be applicable by the time you’re ready to lodge your PR visa application. I’m a product of a student visa myself but was lucky that it worked for me. Not all are successful with this pathway.

yes @RheaMARN1171933. I agree that it is no guarantee. Even having a working visa does not guarantee that you can get a PR afterwards. But being a student imo is an opportunity to learn, understand and adapt to the culture and meet people. And aside from those it is also an opportunity to earn money to sustain your education while also saving for the next milestone in ones migration process.

Of course my comments above would only apply to the average "can afford" person/family. It would be different story if a one is wealthy or with abundant resource.

At the end of the day, prayers, hard work and choices we make, imo, will dictate the outcome of your chosen migration pathway.

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

yes @RheaMARN1171933. I agree that it is no guarantee. Even having a working visa does not guarantee that you can get a PR afterwards. But being a student imo is an opportunity to learn, understand and adapt to the culture and meet people. And aside from those it is also an opportunity to earn money to sustain your education while also saving for the next milestone in ones migration process.

Of course my comments above would only apply to the average "can afford" person/family. It would be different story if a one is wealthy or with abundant resource.

At the end of the day, prayers, hard work and choices we make, imo, will dictate the outcome of your chosen migration pathway.

I’m not sure if earning money should be highlighted. You can only work up to 40 hours per fortnight. That’s not even enough to sustain your everyday living. Also, it will be difficult to get employed within your chosen field whilst on student visa since your work rights are limited so you’ll end up doing odd jobs. This is the reality one would be facing on a student visa...it’s not a bed of roses. I wouldn’t see it as a better option but one which would fit someone willing to take the risk. I took the risk and it definitely paid off but not sure how I would have survived if I didn’t have my parents for support. So if someone is considering this, be prepared.

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

I’m not sure if earning money should be highlighted. You can only work up to 40 hours per fortnight. That’s not even enough to sustain your everyday living. Also, it will be difficult to get employed within your chosen field whilst on student visa since your work rights are limited so you’ll end up doing odd jobs. This is the reality one would be facing on a student visa...it’s not a bed of roses. I wouldn’t see it as a better option but one which would fit someone willing to take the risk. I took the risk and it definitely paid off but not sure how I would have survived if I didn’t have my parents for support. So if someone is considering this, be prepared.

the reality for the average person:-

1) earning while studying is important to sustain daily needs and pay for tuition fee. if it is not enough, it will greatly help whoever is sponsoring the migration process. Difficult but not impossible to study and work to live and pay for tuition fee specially with persons who are used to doing hard work. I know a few who did it and made it possible even at this very moment.

2) "kapag gusto may paraan, kapag ayaw may dahilan". It is difficult but certainly not impossible. If a person, for example) is a Civil Engineer (ph) and become a student here in au taking up anything related to construction industry, the choice for part timework should not be limited to civil engineering or project management jobs alone. one could work under a tradie to familiarise ones self of the knows and hows of construction industry in au.

3) an average person going through the migration process is NEVER a bed of roses. obviously. taking a big risk then just relaxing afterwards is a pure waste of time and money. a big risk like migrating is requires a good sense of responsibility and hard work. the hardest work one can possibly do.

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

1) earning while studying is important to sustain daily needs and pay for tuition fee. if it is not enough, it will greatly help whoever is sponsoring the migration process. Difficult but not impossible to study and work to live and pay for tuition fee specially with persons who are used to doing hard work. I know a few who did it and made it possible even at this very moment.

2) "kapag gusto may paraan, kapag ayaw may dahilan". It is difficult but certainly not impossible. If a person, for example) is a Civil Engineer (ph) and become a student here in au taking up anything related to construction industry, the choice for part timework should not be limited to civil engineering or project management jobs alone. one could work under a tradie to familiarise ones self of the knows and hows of construction industry in au.

3) an average person going through the migration process is NEVER a bed of roses. obviously. taking a big risk then just relaxing afterwards is a pure waste of time and money. a big risk like migrating is requires a good sense of responsibility and hard work. the hardest work one can possibly do.

I really don’t want to go into a debate my friend. I’m not saying your wrong. In summary, if one wants to risk it by all means go ahead in the same way as I’ve done it. It’s a gamble so one should be prepared. Also from the professional side of things, as a registered migration agent, I am exposed to stories about issues and struggles of people on student visas as we talk about these kind of stuff within my industry. It is not a simple matter as how you describe it and it takes someone knowledgeable in the immigration law, the loop holes, the issues on the process, the ongoing Internal discussions to really understand the stakes. As an agent, I have the obligation to present the two sides. All the best to you.

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

I really don’t want to go into a debate my friend. I’m not saying your wrong. In summary, if one wants to risk it by all means go ahead in the same way as I’ve done it. It’s a gamble so one should be prepared. Also from the professional side of things, as a registered migration agent, I am exposed to stories about issues and struggles of people on student visas as we talk about these kind of stuff within my industry. It is not a simple matter as how you describe it and it takes someone knowledgeable in the immigration law, the loop holes, the issues on the process, the ongoing Internal discussions to really understand the stakes. As an agent, I have the obligation to present the two sides. All the best to you.

Struggle is real my friend. nothing is impossible and luck is no factor in this migration journey. all success and achievements are made by hard work ,sacrifices and right choices. i could not remember me saying that this is a simple matter. this is a risk, and i dunno how you read my comment but never said that this was simple. like i said you need to work hard. i dunno how is working hard a simple matter. and when i said work hard i mean sacrifices, tears, frustrations, etc.

and trust me, one does not need to be a migration agent to be exposed to struggles and issues of people. all you need to become is a good listener and a good friend to everyone. at the end of the day it is not a person's profession that makes him efficient and knowledgeable. you can also learn by listening to the experiences of many others. cheers!

@udonggo said:

Kamusta ka na? how did you go?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

Struggle is real my friend. nothing is impossible and luck is no factor in this migration journey. all success and achievements are made by hard work ,sacrifices and right choices. i could not remember me saying that this is a simple matter. this is a risk, and i dunno how you read my comment but never said that this was simple. like i said you need to work hard. i dunno how is working hard a simple matter. and when i said work hard i mean sacrifices, tears, frustrations, etc.

and trust me, one does not need to be a migration agent to be exposed to struggles and issues of people. all you need to become is a good listener and a good friend to everyone. at the end of the day it is not a person's profession that makes him efficient and knowledgeable. you can also learn by listening to the experiences of many others. cheers!

I rest my case with you. Have a good one, mate!

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

i agree.

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

at the same time, i also understand that it's migrations agents' benefit to let 'aspiring migrants' see the advantage of hiring them.

at the end of the day, ang tao ang magdedecide how much risk he can take, it could be difficult yet not impossible ika nga.

peace yow!

Jacraye

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@Captain_A said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

at the same time, i also understand that it's migrations agents' benefit to let 'aspiring migrants' see the advantage of hiring them.

at the end of the day, ang tao ang magdedecide how much risk he can take, it could be difficult yet not impossible ika nga.

peace yow!

i could not agree more! i myself would engage with a migration agent as they have the technical capacity and experience.

In reality, not all migration agents have those characteristics and what they call "malasakit". Some agents only look at it as plain business even resorting to unimaginable things just to get money from applicants. but of course there will be those good hearted agents who will assist you all the way and go the extra mile.

In this risky migration process, i would still engage with an agent, but before choosing which agent i will listen to people and their experiences to avoid those dodgy and heartless agents ^^

@Jacraye said:

@Captain_A said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

peace yow!

i could not agree more! i myself would engage with a migration agent as they have the technical capacity and experience.

In reality, not all migration agents have those characteristics and what they call "malasakit". Some agents only look at it as plain business even resorting to unimaginable things just to get money from applicants. but of course there will be those good hearted agents who will assist you all the way and go the extra mile.

In this risky migration process, i would still engage with an agent, but before choosing which agent i will listen to people and their experiences to avoid those dodgy and heartless agents ^^

I think we found a common ground to agree with. That’s exactly the reason why I keep my fees low for Filipinos - my little way of giving back. That’s why I’m also active here to give my two cents especially for those who are on DIY. Some can easily comment on things without knowing the potential risk of misleading others on DIY. Hence the need for me to clarify things or show a different perspective and that’s actually the opposite of being heartless. That’s true, There are a lot of opportunists out there and it sickens me when I hear stories from clients/prospective clients. Hence one needs to be very careful when choosing an agent. In the same way when I accept cases, I’m also very selective.

Jacraye

@Captain_A said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@udonggo said:

peace yow!

I totally agree, you need to present two sides and let the person decide. That’s how I’ve always worked with my clients.

Re the migration agent’s benefit to see the advantage of hiring them, I’m sorry but this isn’t my style. I’m not even here to sell myself. I’m also not the type to sugarcoat things to get clients. I say things for what they are, lay down the cards and options for clients. Just being honest and transparent of their options - that’s how I gain clients. I advice more with integrity and I believe that’s the reason why clients engage our services.