Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

How to bring your pets to oz

Hi there. I own 3 dogs and i am thinking of bringing them when we make the big move. Alam ko na di pwede direct from Philippines to oz because ph is not an approved country huhu. They need to stay at least 6 months sa approved countries.

Meron na ba dito nakapag-try dalhin ang pets nila? What are the procedures? How much did it cost you?

Thanks.

Comments

• auyeahauyeah Manila

Hi @crankygrinch, I have inquired at Pet Air Malaysia / Singapore regarding this and here’s their response:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We can help you with the relocation process of your pet from Manila, the Philippines to Sydney via KL, Malaysia and Melbourne, Australia. The relocation process will take at least 7-8 months.

We will have to import your pets into Malaysia first and your pets have to be here for a minimum period of 45 days before being exported to Melbourne. We will be able to handle the import process into Malaysia, the mandatory 7 days quarantine in Malaysia, all necessary blood tests as well as the Australian Import Process with the 10 days quarantine arrangements in Melbourne.

An initial Rabies Blood test must be done in Manila, the Philippines. Have your pets been tested for Rabies or are you planning to get that done in the nearest future? You can send us a copy of the Rabies Blood test results if the test has been done and the vaccine card copy for us to check. There will also be 180 days waiting period from the day the first Rabies test is done before your pets can enter Australia. This blood test must only be done in an OIE lab recognized by Australia.

If you need a competent pet relocator in your home country to help you with the export, we can recommend one.

The full timeline of what needs to be done will be given to you upon signing up for our services.

Our services will cover the following:

Import Process into Malaysia (Excludes Export from Manila, the Philippines)

1. Import Permit

2. Quarantine Booking Fees

3. KLIA Customs Clearance

4. Authorized Agent Fees

5. Animal Inspection Fees

6. Transport KLIA to Quarantine Centre

7. Quarantine Accommodation (Air-conditioned)

8. Quarantine Fees for cleaning and feeding daily (7 days)

9. Transport Quarantine to Boarding

10. Pets Boarding (Air-conditioned) upon release of quarantine till export date (minimum 38 days)

Export from Malaysia to Australia

Pre- Export Blood Testing, Rabies Vaccination, Parasite Treatments and Government Health Check-Up
    1. 2nd Rabies Blood Test for confirmation (RNATT)
    2. Four (4) Mandatory Blood Test for Canine
    3. Rabies Vaccine
    4. Internal Parasite Treatment
    5. External Parasite Treatment
    6. Pre-Export Government Health Checkup
    1. Export Permit
    2. Malaysian Government Health Certificate
    3. Official Govt Rabies Approval and Declaration
    Transportation and Flight
    1. Transport from Boarding to Airport
    2. Airport Terminal Charges
    3. Customs Declaration Fees
    4. AWB Fees
    5. Forwarding Freight Charges
    6. Local Animal Handling
    7. Air Freight Charges KUL to MEL

AUSTRALIAN IMPORT PROCESS
    Australian Import Permit
    1. Australian Import Permit Application Fees
    2. Australian Import Permit
    Quarantine Charges
    1. Quarantine Booking Fees
    2. 10 Days Quarantine Fees
    3. Quarantine Release Fees

The package price is SGD 13,650 for the above-mentioned services for two (2) Chihuahuas. Our services are up to your home address within Sydney city limits.
    The price is subject to confirmation of the crate size which should not be more than an S size crate and the pet has to fit in the crate according to IATA rules consistent with that of a hydrocephalic shaped pet.
    The package price for M sized pets (2) is SGD 15,874.

crankygrinchannedeterminedtofu888Busy_book

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

Developer Programmer 261312 | Age: 30 | Language: 20 | Experience: 10 | Education: 15 | Partner Skills: 5 | Total Points: 189/190 - 80/85pts

Main Applicant
    9-7-18: ACS Result - Credited Experience for 261312: 5yrs - 10 pts
    3-19-19: PTE Result - L 82 / R 80 / W 90 / S 82 - Superior 20pts

Partner
    2-8-19: ACS Result - Experience Credited for 261312
    3-13-19: PTE Result - L 89 / R 86 / W 90 / S 90 - Superior
    Partner Skills: 5pts

3-22-19: Submitted EOI : 189 - 80pts
    3-26-19: Applied for NBI clearance to be released on April 11
    3-28-19: Medical Exam at St. Luke's BGC
    4-05-19: Health Clearance Provided: No Action Required
    4-11-19: NBI Clearance claimed
    4-14-19: Submitted EOI : 190 (NSW) - 85pts
    5-17-19: Received Pre-Invite from NSW
    5-21-19: Submitted Application for Nomination to NSW
    5-22-19: Application Approved, ITA Received in Skillselect
    5-23-19: Visa Lodged for 190
    7-11-19: Invitation Received for 189 Visa
    8-28-19: Visa Lodged for 189
    10-25-19: Visa Granted for 190
    2-9-20: Visa Granted for 189

Praise GOD!

• crankygrinchcrankygrinch Posts: 197Member

Thank you for this info @auyeah ! :)
    Kaso kaawa yung dogs pag nasa ibang bansa tapos walang kakilala :(

• auyeahauyeah Manila

Yes :( sobrang tagal ng quarantine period.

@crankygrinch said:
    Thank you for this info @auyeah ! :)
    Kaso kaawa yung dogs pag nasa ibang bansa tapos walang kakilala :(

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

Developer Programmer 261312 | Age: 30 | Language: 20 | Experience: 10 | Education: 15 | Partner Skills: 5 | Total Points: 189/190 - 80/85pts

Main Applicant

Partner

Praise GOD!

• engr_boyengr_boy Sydney

13650sgd to 15974 sgd = 500,000 pesos to 585,000 pesos :# :s

era222tofu888

07.01.12 - IELTS - British Council - L8.5 R7.0 W9.0 S7.5 OBS 8.0
    15.12.13 - Invited for 189 (Skilled Independent) Visa
    25.12.13 - Lodged 189 Visa
    02.02.14 - CO Allocated Adelaide GSM Team 07
    15.05.14 - Visa Grant - Change of Team (Adelaide Team 6)
    27.10.14 - Initial Entry (Perth)
    16.03.19 - RRV (Return Resident Visa) Subclass 155 - applied and granted automatically!
    25.09.19 - Applied 309/100 Partner Visa for wife
    08.12.20 - Wife 309 Visa Approved!
    Food is a weapon. And there nothing better than danggit. Ask my Aussie housemates.

• auyeahauyeah Manila

Yes mas mahal pa sa visa natin :( though ang deciding factor talaga for us is yung long quarantine period in a different country. It might be too stressful for them :(

@engr_boy said:

Main Applicant

Partner

Praise GOD!

Ang mahal talaga. E 3 yung dogs ko haha huhu.

Am still looking for other options. Baka mas mura kung ipapadala ko muna sa approved country na may kakilala ako tapos sila muna mag alaga. Papadala na lang ako dog allowance haha.

Tsaka ko ipapadala sa oz after 6-8 months. Separate transaction na sya.

• kentjosephkentjoseph Posts: 7Member

Hello, do you still offer this considering that Malaysia is now a non-approved country? What are the changes?

@auyeah said:
    Hi @crankygrinch, I have inquired at Pet Air Malaysia / Singapore regarding this and here’s their response:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We can help you with the relocation process of your pet from Manila, the Philippines to Sydney via KL, Malaysia and Melbourne, Australia. The relocation process will take at least 7-8 months.

We will have to import your pets into Malaysia first and your pets have to be here for a minimum period of 45 days before being exported to Melbourne. We will be able to handle the import process into Malaysia, the mandatory 7 days quarantine in Malaysia, all necessary blood tests as well as the Australian Import Process with the 10 days quarantine arrangements in Melbourne.

An initial Rabies Blood test must be done in Manila, the Philippines. Have your pets been tested for Rabies or are you planning to get that done in the nearest future? You can send us a copy of the Rabies Blood test results if the test has been done and the vaccine card copy for us to check. There will also be 180 days waiting period from the day the first Rabies test is done before your pets can enter Australia. This blood test must only be done in an OIE lab recognized by Australia.

If you need a competent pet relocator in your home country to help you with the export, we can recommend one.

The full timeline of what needs to be done will be given to you upon signing up for our services.

Our services will cover the following:

Import Process into Malaysia (Excludes Export from Manila, the Philippines)

1. Import Permit
    2. Quarantine Booking Fees
    3. KLIA Customs Clearance
    4. Authorized Agent Fees
    5. Animal Inspection Fees
    6. Transport KLIA to Quarantine Centre
    7. Quarantine Accommodation (Air-conditioned)
    8. Quarantine Fees for cleaning and feeding daily (7 days)
    9. Transport Quarantine to Boarding
    10. Pets Boarding (Air-conditioned) upon release of quarantine till export date (minimum 38 days)

Export from Malaysia to Australia

Pre- Export Blood Testing, Rabies Vaccination, Parasite Treatments and Government Health Check-Up
    1. 2nd Rabies Blood Test for confirmation (RNATT)
    2. Four (4) Mandatory Blood Test for Canine
    3. Rabies Vaccine
    4. Internal Parasite Treatment
    5. External Parasite Treatment
    6. Pre-Export Government Health Checkup
    1. Export Permit
    2. Malaysian Government Health Certificate
    3. Official Govt Rabies Approval and Declaration
    Transportation and Flight
    1. Transport from Boarding to Airport
    2. Airport Terminal Charges
    3. Customs Declaration Fees
    4. AWB Fees
    5. Forwarding Freight Charges
    6. Local Animal Handling
    7. Air Freight Charges KUL to MEL

AUSTRALIAN IMPORT PROCESS
    Australian Import Permit
    1. Australian Import Permit Application Fees
    2. Australian Import Permit
    Quarantine Charges
    1. Quarantine Booking Fees
    2. 10 Days Quarantine Fees
    3. Quarantine Release Fees

The package price is SGD 13,650 for the above-mentioned services for two (2) Chihuahuas. Our services are up to your home address within Sydney city limits.
    The price is subject to confirmation of the crate size which should not be more than an S size crate and the pet has to fit in the crate according to IATA rules consistent with that of a hydrocephalic shaped pet.
    The package price for M sized pets (2) is SGD 15,874.

• anacafanacaf Posts: 52Member

Hi. Am

Hi. Any reliable agency na pwede po ako maginquire and makahelp sakin madala ang pets ko sa Au?

• ConboyboyConboyboy Sa puso mo

@auyeah said:
    Yes mas mahal pa sa visa natin :( though ang deciding factor talaga for us is yung long quarantine period in a different country. It might be too stressful for them :(

@engr_boy said:

I feel it will be very stressful to the dogs, baka pag kalabas ng quarantine ibang aso na.

era222
  • nika1234nika1234 Posts: 59Member

@anacaf said:
    Hi. Any reliable agency na pwede po ako maginquire and makahelp sakin madala ang pets ko sa Au?

Hello! I've been doing my research while waiting to be invited dahil hindi namin maiiwan dog namin hehe. You can join the group Pets Flying Australia. Super helpful mga tao. Right now, we're considering Jetfast since sila na pinakamura na I was able to check parang okay naman. Dogs will quarantine via Brunei. I also asked for their boarding house photo and okay naman. Haha. If via SG kasi, may 10 day quarantine pa sila which you also have to process the import permit. A lot of agencies also increased their prices especially now na 6 months na required sa approved country ung dog. In terms of the rate, hindi naman siya one time big time, installment siya. Other agencies I inquired via SG: Mitchville Relopet, Rickted Kennels, Shiloh Animal Express, Jason't Pet Relocation. Pet Embassy is also highly recommended pero they are not accepting new clients pa.

For Vet, I highly recommend Vets in Practice, they have a team talaga na specializing with exporting dogs to other countries. I tried another Vet din kasi pero hindi sila ganun kaexperienced sa mga ganito.

anacaf

Road to Australia:

October 2022 - Decided to pursue migrating to AU
    October 2, 2022 - Took IELTS (Competent)
    November 28, 2022 - Husband submitted skills assessment (Vetassess)
    February 15, 2023 - Vetassess requested additional documents
    March 28, 2023 - Vetassess result (Negative); Decided to pursue EA for assessment and be the main applicant instead
    April 5, 2023 - Submitted CDR (EA) - Fast track - Degree only
    May 8, 2023 - In progress, EA requested to reupload passport photo
    May 9, 2023 - Took PTE (Superior - S: 90, R: 90, W: 90, L:90)
    May 10, 2023 - EA positive outcome
    May 12, 2023 - Submitted EOI to states
    June 20, 2023 - Submitted additional RSEA to EA
    July 5, 2023 - EA positive outcome for work experience (5 years)
    July 6, 2023 - EOIs updated to claim additional work experience points (189: 80, 190: 85, 491: 95)
    Oct 9, 2023 - Husband submitted skills assessment (EA)
    Oct 31, 2023 - Husband positive skills assessment outcome; EOIs updated to claim additional partner points (189: 85, 190: 90, 491: 100)
    Nov 1, 2023 - ROIs update (VIC, ACT)
    Nov 29, 2023 - Pre-invite VIC
    Dec 12, 2023 - VIC Nomination Approval // Received ITA
    Dec 15, 2023 - Visa lodgment
    Dec 27, 2023 - Medical
    Jan 5, 2024 - Medicals cleared (Main Applicant) / Examination ready for assessment (Dependent)
    Feb 5, 2024 - Negative sputum test (Dependent)
    XX- Visa grant

Points breakdown - 90 points
    Age 30 | English 20 | Degree 15 | Experience 10 | Partner 10 | State 5

@nika1234 said:

@anacaf said:

Hello! I've been doing my research while waiting to be invited dahil hindi namin maiiwan dog namin hehe. You can join the group Pets Flying Australia. Super helpful mga tao. Right now, we're considering Jetfast since sila na pinakamura na I was able to check parang okay naman. Dogs will quarantine via Brunei. I also asked for their boarding house photo and okay naman. Haha. If via SG kasi, may 10 day quarantine pa sila which you also have to process the import permit. A lot of agencies also increased their prices especially now na 6 months na required sa approved country ung dog. In terms of the rate, hindi naman siya one time big time, installment siya. Other agencies I inquired via SG: Mitchville Relopet, Rickted Kennels, Shiloh Animal Express, Jason't Pet Relocation. Pet Embassy is also highly recommended pero they are not accepting new clients pa.

For Vet, I highly recommend Vets in Practice, they have a team talaga na specializing with exporting dogs to other countries. I tried another Vet din kasi pero hindi sila ganun kaexperienced sa mga ganito.

Hi! Thanks for the info. Im considering Jetfast, too. But will check if Dogtainers, too. Btw, yung Vets in Practice, is it a clinic here in the Phils?

@anacaf said:

@nika1234 said:

@anacaf said:

Hi! Thanks for the info. Im considering Jetfast, too. But will check if Dogtainers, too. Btw, yung Vets in Practice, is it a clinic here in the Phils?

Ahh yes I forgot to mention Dogtainers! Recommended nga din yan kaso ang mahal kasi ng qinuote kaya nakalimutan ko na. Hahaha. Parang doble sa iba.

Yes, they have branches here sa Manila. Eto page nile for pet export assistance: https://vetsinpractice.ph/pet-export-assistance/

anacaf

Road to Australia:

March 28, 2023 - Vetassess result (Negative); Decided to pursue EA for assessment and be the main applicant instead
    July 6, 2023 - EOIs updated to claim additional work experience points (189: 80, 190: 85, 491: 95)
    Oct 31, 2023 - Husband positive skills assessment outcome; EOIs updated to claim additional partner points (189: 85, 190: 90, 491: 100)
    Dec 27, 2023 - Medical
    Jan 5, 2024 - Medicals cleared (Main Applicant) / Examination ready for assessment (Dependent)
    XX- Visa grant

Thank you so much. Having anxiety na talaga kase palipad na kami on July. Just want to know ano mga need ko gawin while andito pa ko. Sobra sad mahiwalay sa kanila. Tayo lang family nila. 🥹😭

nika1234

@nika1234 said:

@anacaf said:

@nika1234 said:

@anacaf said:

Ahh yes I forgot to mention Dogtainers! Recommended nga din yan kaso ang mahal kasi ng qinuote kaya nakalimutan ko na. Hahaha. Parang doble sa iba.

Yes, they have branches here sa Manila. Eto page nile for pet export assistance: https://vetsinpractice.ph/pet-export-assistance/

Thanks sa info! Very helpful. Will inquire din sa vets in practice.

@anacaf said:
    Thank you so much. Having anxiety na talaga kase palipad na kami on July. Just want to know ano mga need ko gawin while andito pa ko. Sobra sad mahiwalay sa kanila. Tayo lang family nila. 🥹😭

Email VIP, they will give you detailed steps kung ano need gawin like microchip, titer test, etc. Although mejo matagal lang sila magreply. Tawagan mo nlng to follow up. Good luck to us!! Yes, family talaga sila kaya hnd pde maiwan. Before namin ipursue ung journey namin to AU talagang malaking consideration ung dog namin kasi di talaga siya pde maiwan. Haha. Balitaan mo ko kapag nagstart ka na ng process :)

anacaf

Road to Australia:

Dec 27, 2023 - Medical
    XX- Visa grant

Hi all. I started this thread but forgot to update. I was able to import my 3 dogs last year, January 2022. They've settled quit well. Honestly nastress ako sa process, but it was all worth it :)
    I'll write my experience here later.

Ozdrimstofu888kathcnika1234Busy_bookanacafcath_leyacaspersushi24

@crankygrinch said:
    Hi all. I started this thread but forgot to update. I was able to import my 3 dogs last year, January 2022. They've settled quit well. Honestly nastress ako sa process, but it was all worth it :)

Wow. Thats good to know po. Knowing na its doable keeps me hopeful na one day kami naman ng dogs ko magreunite in Au. Please share din po ano agency if meron and how much po. Hehe. Thank you in advance po.

@anacaf said:

@crankygrinch said:

Wow. Thats good to know po. Knowing na its doable keeps me hopeful na one day kami naman ng dogs ko magreunite in Au. Please share din po ano agency if meron and how much po. Hehe. Thank you in advance po.

Yes very doable :)

Timeline:
    December 23, 2020
    Dogs' flight to Dubai. As Philippines is not an approved country, we had to ship them to Dubai where my sister is so she can take care of our babies. At this time, i've only complied to UAE's import requirements because I still don't know when I will be able to fly to Australia.
    We've used FurExpress to export from PH. Cheap pero medyo mahirap comms with them. Different agent to import into UAE, we've used Paws & Whiskers Pets Nursery.

April 2021 to May 2021
    Process to export from UAE and import to Australia started. Still used the same agent Paws & Whiskers Pets Nursery.
    Anti-rabies vaccines updated. Waited for a month before RNATT can be done. RNATT results took 2 weeks. My agent had it attested then applied for import permit.

August 2021
    Import permit got approved. I requested to do the e.canis as suggested by people from FB group "Pets Flying to Australia". Local vet only so it's cheaper.

October 2021
    We heard that the next available schedule in PEQ is January 20, 2022. Reserved the slot anyway.

November 2021
    My shipper got an earlier Emirates flight for January 9. Asked PEQ if January 10 arrival is okay. We got an approval 2 weeks later.

December 2021
    Started all treatments and blood tests based on required intervals. Results released on New year's eve. All is almost good to go!

January 2022
    Final health checks days before flight. By the way, Emirates charged us for 120kg, not the actual weight of all dogs.

January 9, 2022
    Flight from DXB to MEL. With a few hours layover at SIN.
    Haven't received any updates after departure from DXB. I monitored the flight using FlightRadar24 and Emirates Sky Cargo.

January 10, 2022
    Dogs arrived at PEQ (I just kept checking Emirates Sky Cargo using the AWB I have). No updates received from PEQ until the next day.

January 20, 2022
    Picked up my dogs 🥰

Cost overall: almost Php1M, no joke. Pero pumayag na partial payments yung agent namin sa Dubai. Not sure if other agents can do this too.

era222nika1234Busy_bookArch_Bry

Pag sumali kayo sa Pets Flying Australia na fb group, here's the link of the video when i picked up my dogs from PEQ :)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/679339632795237/permalink/1019565335439330/?mibextid=Nif5oz