Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (2020 Intake)

Comments

• dr3yBaDzdr3yBaDz Posts: 12Member

my visa is still "recieved" and my intake day is on feb 19 I lodge my visa last Jan 23 Still praying that there will be a response from the immigration soon

• vbarry1990vbarry1990 Posts: 11Member

@hikari said:

@vbarry1990 said:

@hikari said:

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

Good day. I am new to this forum. Pwede maka hingi ng insights from you guys.

I am planning to take Diploma of Website Development and Advanced Diploma in Computer System and Technology at Intech Institute of Technology in Brisbane. Received a Letter of Offer from the school and intake date is by September 2020 pa naman. But considering how strict the Australia Immigration currently specially to VET courses, Do you think it is a good idea for me to get both VET courses?

My other option is to get a Masters Degree in Business Analytics at Kaplan but having second thoughts kasi medyo pricey.

I graduated with BS Information Technology here in the Philippines pala and is currently working as Project Management Officer in an IT Company for 7 years (related to IT).

I also have a brother that is already a citizen in Australia that will be supporting my studies abroad.

Have TOEFL test but is already expired score R: 14, L: 16, S:20, W:21

Been to Australia twice as a tourist and no history of visa refusal or violations.

I badly needed your advises as I will be doing the process on my own.

Thank you

Hi nasa IT field din ako. in my case, master's kinuha ko since yung bachelor ko sa pinas is not comparable to AQF bachelor. Naging decision factor ko yung points system since I am after for PR at malaking points ang hindi ko macclaim for education and work experience since si ACS ay nagdededuct din work experience. sa taas ng trend ngayon for ICT occup para mainvite, halos kaylangan mo talaga macomplete lahat ng category in claiming points. if you are after for PR as well, you might check first with your current points. Best of luck!

Same with mine and nabasa ko nasa 80-90 points na i-invite ngaun. Currently nasa 55 lang ako. Planning to take TOEFL again to get proficient rating. Ano po kinuha mo masters? and what school? Medyo pricey talaga kasi yung masters.

90-95 points and trend ngayon :)
    Master of Software Engineering sa uniAdelaide.

True na mahal tlga tuition fee for international students :'( kaso no choice naman ako kasi di uusad yung points ko kung hindi ako mag mamasters dito ๐Ÿคฃ madami naman perks na pwede kapag nagmaster ka ih :) ako kasi makakaclaim ako ng maraming points. Au study, regional, education, pwede pa mag py, at eligible din for post study visa :) if I'm not mistaken, kapag below bachelor yung program na tinpos mo and hindi trade vet courses, di ka eligible mag post study visa. Baka pwede mo din iconsider yun :) nasa sec 1 ba yung bachelor degree mo sa pinas?

@hikari di po ako sure anong sec yung school eh. San po kaya ma che.check un? Agreed with you po and tama ba na kapag VET courses di ka din makakuha ng suitable assessment from ACS for graduate visa? Yung 18 months. Been also considering masters of softwate engineering. Di ba pahirapan coding nila? Haha

• sab16sab16 Posts: 38Member

@Pittsky86 sis kamusta na? May update na sa sv application mo?๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

• Pittsky86Pittsky86 Philippines

@sab16 said:

Hi sis @sab16. Ganun pa rin..haha Kalurkey! I requested for extension of letter na, to allow me to attend classes before the end of week 2 of Semester 1 intake. All we can do it wait daw. Peak period kasi talaga ng applicants Dec/Jan..
    How about you? any updates ano latest na ginagrant nila sa higher ed sector?

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

Hi sis @sab16. Ganun pa rin..haha Kalurkey! I requested for extension of letter na, to allow me to attend classes before the end of week 2 of Semester 1 intake. All we can do it wait daw. Peak period kasi talaga ng applicants Dec/Jan..
    How about you? any updates ano latest na ginagrant nila sa higher ed sector?

Hi sis, wala pa din, magkasunod lng tyo nag lodge sis. Jan 13 ako nag lodge. Orientation ko on Feb 24-25. Intake ko sa March 2.
    Anong nakalagay sa immi account mo? Ilang days pa? Sakin kasi 19-44 days pa din until now.

@dr3yBaDz said:
    my visa is still "recieved" and my intake day is on feb 19 I lodge my visa last Jan 23 Still praying that there will be a response from the immigration soon

Positive lng tyo, lets claim it and pag pray natin na ma grant sv natin ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

• hikarihikari Australia

@vbarry1990 said:

@hikari said:

@vbarry1990 said:

@hikari said:

@vbarry1990 said:
    Hi Guys,

Good day. I am new to this forum. Pwede maka hingi ng insights from you guys.

I am planning to take Diploma of Website Development and Advanced Diploma in Computer System and Technology at Intech Institute of Technology in Brisbane. Received a Letter of Offer from the school and intake date is by September 2020 pa naman. But considering how strict the Australia Immigration currently specially to VET courses, Do you think it is a good idea for me to get both VET courses?

My other option is to get a Masters Degree in Business Analytics at Kaplan but having second thoughts kasi medyo pricey.

I graduated with BS Information Technology here in the Philippines pala and is currently working as Project Management Officer in an IT Company for 7 years (related to IT).

I also have a brother that is already a citizen in Australia that will be supporting my studies abroad.

Have TOEFL test but is already expired score R: 14, L: 16, S:20, W:21

Been to Australia twice as a tourist and no history of visa refusal or violations.

I badly needed your advises as I will be doing the process on my own.

Thank you

Hi nasa IT field din ako. in my case, master's kinuha ko since yung bachelor ko sa pinas is not comparable to AQF bachelor. Naging decision factor ko yung points system since I am after for PR at malaking points ang hindi ko macclaim for education and work experience since si ACS ay nagdededuct din work experience. sa taas ng trend ngayon for ICT occup para mainvite, halos kaylangan mo talaga macomplete lahat ng category in claiming points. if you are after for PR as well, you might check first with your current points. Best of luck!

Same with mine and nabasa ko nasa 80-90 points na i-invite ngaun. Currently nasa 55 lang ako. Planning to take TOEFL again to get proficient rating. Ano po kinuha mo masters? and what school? Medyo pricey talaga kasi yung masters.

90-95 points and trend ngayon :)
    Master of Software Engineering sa uniAdelaide.

True na mahal tlga tuition fee for international students :'( kaso no choice naman ako kasi di uusad yung points ko kung hindi ako mag mamasters dito ๐Ÿคฃ madami naman perks na pwede kapag nagmaster ka ih :) ako kasi makakaclaim ako ng maraming points. Au study, regional, education, pwede pa mag py, at eligible din for post study visa :) if I'm not mistaken, kapag below bachelor yung program na tinpos mo and hindi trade vet courses, di ka eligible mag post study visa. Baka pwede mo din iconsider yun :) nasa sec 1 ba yung bachelor degree mo sa pinas?

@hikari di po ako sure anong sec yung school eh. San po kaya ma che.check un? Agreed with you po and tama ba na kapag VET courses di ka din makakuha ng suitable assessment from ACS for graduate visa? Yung 18 months. Been also considering masters of softwate engineering. Di ba pahirapan coding nila? Haha

anong uni ka grad sa pinas?

For Graduate Work stream (up to 18 mos) you must nominate an occupation on SOL list that is related to your recent studies and be able to receive a positive Skills Assessment for this occupation.

For ACS Temporary Graduate application heto yung nakalagay sa guidelines nila :)

_> Temporary Graduate

The Temporary Graduate pathway is for graduates that have completed an Australian Bachelor degree or higher. This is a qualification only skills assessment and can only be used to apply for a subclass 485 visa._

kung may background ka na ng programming keri mo yun haha. sa uni ko, puro research kami e :( nagkaroon ako ng development projects at nasurvive ko naman :) pero mas madami kaming courses na puro research. di lang naman programming yung course na avaialable sa program ko. Check mo yung program description and courses dun sa uni na bet mo para may idea ka kung ano yung mga ituturo nila hehe.

Master of Software Engineering

Jun 2018 Started AU Dreams
    Aug 2018 Started inquiring about Student Visa pathway - AECC Global and KOKOS International
    30-Aug-18 Got an offer with a full scholarship from Macquarie University Course: Master of Information Technology | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    14-Sep-18 Got a conditional offer from Deakin University | Course: Grad Cert + Master IT | Application Date: August 20, 2018
    10-Oct-18 1st PTE-A Exam
    15-Oct-18 Got a full offer from Deakin University
    20-Nov-18 Tuition Fee Payment
    23-Nov-18 Received CoE from Deakin University
    27-Nov-18 Insurance Payment (Medibank)
    29-Nov-18 Medical at St Luke's BGC | Health Clearance Provided - No Actions Required
    12-Dec-18 Student Visa lodgement
    14-Dec-18 CO asked an additional de facto documents (Evidence of same home address)
    19-Dec-18 Uploaded all documents to immi portal (Waiting time!!!)
    02-Jan-19 Visa Grant!
    Jun 2019 IT Grad Cert completed at Deakin Uni
    Aug 2019 First Day in Uni Adelaide

• frisch24frisch24 Victoria

@vbarry1990 depende sa Masters na kukunin mo kung heavy s programming or hindi. Masters in Information Technology Major in Software Design and Development yung natapos ko, hindi naman ganun ka heavy yung programming. Pero it is a need na marunong ka nung basic, or at least mabilis ka matuto ng basic Java, SQL or kung ano mang Programming Language yung kelangan mo sa course.

But then, yung 'Project' part, which is yung parang thesis satin sa Pinas, baka kelanganin mo makipartner sa magaling sa programming kung feeling mo mejo tagilid ka dun. May option na ngayon to do Internship instead of the 'Project' kung may makuha kang company. But still, depends on the uni na mapupuntahan mo. CQU nga pla yung uni ko.

Pero based on the info you initially gave, Web Development or Programming, actually needs more programming skills. So, you might want to reconsider kung ayaw mo talaga magprogramming.

Nasan pla yung brother mo? Kung ala cya sa Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, can't he sponsor you instead?

261212 - Web Developer | Age: 32 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Australian Experience: 5 | State Sponsorship: 5 | Total: 85

Timeline:
    27 May 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Jul 2015 - Arrived in Melbourne
    06 Jul 2015 - First Day High
    16 Jun 2017 - Finished Masters
    22 Sept 2017 - Visa 485 Granted
    16 Jun 2018 - Got Superior English after 5 tries.xP (L 84 R 85 S 90 W 87)
    22 May 2019 - Passed NAATI
    02 Sep 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    02 Sep 2109 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Employment considered to equate to work at an appropriately
    skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261212 (Web Developer)
    02 Sep 2019 - Submitted EOI for 190 NSW
    19 Sep 2019 - Received pre-invite from NSW
    23 Sep 2019 - Received approval from NSW
    23 Sep 2019 - ITA received
    30 Sep 2019 - Lodged Visa 190 NSW
    16 Jan 2020 - Visa 190 NSW Granted.=)

• vbarry1990vbarry1990 Posts: 11Member

@hikari College lang sa probinsya namin. hehe I doubt pasok yun sa sec 1 or 2 haha.

For ACS temporary graduate guideline, tama ba pagkaka intindi ko na di ka parin eligible if you only graduated Diploma and Advanced Diploma right?

@frisch24 Unfortunately nasa Brisbane yung bro ko, I think di na ata regional yung suburb nila (4130). Medyo confident naman ako in regards to my programming background kaya pursigido din ako to get a both courses.

Thanks a lot po for answering all my queries.

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

Positive lng tyo, lets claim it and pag pray natin na ma grant sv natin ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Hi sis @sab16. Got my student visa grant this morning! Hehe..received the grant on the 1st day of Orientation week..kakalurkey ang AU embassy, parang sinasadya ilabas few days before the actual classes..Praise God for this Miracle! :smile:

Expect your visa grant within this week or Orientation week. Godbless!

Thanks sis @lunarcat for the encouragement & positive vibes sa thread na to :)

lunarcat
  • lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

Hi sis @sab16. Got my student visa grant this morning! Hehe..received the grant on the 1st day of Orientation week..kakalurkey ang AU embassy, parang sinasadya ilabas few days before the actual classes..Praise God for this Miracle! :smile:

Yay. Congrats saten dito. Next kana @sab16. Sydney ka sis?

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

North Sydney ka pala sis. Kogarah ako, then Burwood yong school ko. Gala tayo sa city sometime ๐Ÿ˜‚ Ganyan din ako before last min catching up with friends then prep papunta dito ๐Ÿ˜‚ Go lang!!! โค๏ธ

Oct 2019 - Started my journey to ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

Yehey congrats Sis @Pittsky86 ! God is good! Pray for me din sis na sana next na sakin.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป God Bless us all indeed!

@lunarcat said:

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

Thank you sis @lunarcat , sydney kayo ni @Pittsky86 ? pag andyan na din ako kitakits tyo๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

@sab16 said:

@lunarcat said:

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

Thank you sis @lunarcat , sydney kayo ni @Pittsky86 ? pag andyan na din ako kitakits tyo๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Congrats Guys! Still waiting game parin po ako hopefully this week ma aaprove na din visa ko still praying and goodluck saatin lahat hopefully and I am positive that we will get approved lodge my visa : Jan 23

• filefile Philippines

Hello, I have recently received an offer from WSU (Western Sydney Australia) regarding my application. My question is, does having lack of experience here in the Philippines affect my COE (Cert. of Enrolment)?
    They have sent me all the necessary form to be filled and some of their rules including GTE. Naka indicate din dito yung "Record brief details of your education history from year 10 and 12"... Grade 10 is 4th year right? paano yung grade 12?
    Hope to hear from you soon guys. Thanks.

Congrats sa mga visa granted this year!!! God bless!

@Pittsky86 @lunarcat i got my visa today! Praise God! Pareho kami ng defacto ko na grant same day! Abot ako sa Orientation on Feb 25! Thank you Lord talaga๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

• mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore

Congrats sis @sab16 !!!
    Galing ni Lord :smile:

@mumofLiam said:
    Congrats sis @sab16 !!!

Congrats! God is good talaga! Happy tayong lahat!!!
    @Pittsky86, @belugaaaaaa, and @sab16. Work hunting naman next!! ๐Ÿ˜‚โค๏ธ

@sab16 said:
    @Pittsky86 @lunarcat i got my visa today! Praise God! Pareho kami ng defacto ko na grant same day! Abot ako sa Orientation on Feb 25! Thank you Lord talaga๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Congrats Hopefully kami na next waiting game parin ako and still praying everyday for my visa application to be granted hopefully kami na next I am positive that it will be approved

@dr3yBaDz said:

@sab16 said:

Congrats Hopefully kami na next waiting game parin ako and still praying everyday for my visa application to be granted hopefully kami na next I am positive that it will be approved

Praying for you po :)

@lunarcat said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

@sab16 said:

Praying for you po :)

Thank you po I really appreciate your support also I am thankful to know some friends here thanks alot

@lunarcat said:

@mumofLiam said:
    Congrats sis @sab16 !!!

Congrats! God is good talaga! Happy tayong lahat!!!
    @Pittsky86, @belugaaaaaa, and @sab16. Work hunting naman next!! ๐Ÿ˜‚โค๏ธ

Thank you! Praise God! Inabot din ng 37 days ang processing. Bilis tlga na approved.
    Goodluck to us and God Bless us indeed!

@dr3yBaDz said:

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

@sab16 said:

Claim mo na yan, pray ka lng and trust Everything to the Lord. Iโ€™ll
    Pray for you too.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Hi mga sis / bro. Baka may naka experience sa inyo din neto.

The last time I checked my immi acct (I think 2-3days ago), nasa "further assessment" na tpos 19 - 48days. Then I checked my account just now, naging 28 - 48days na sya, huhu. Lodged my visa on 11 Feb 2020.

• kaizen30kaizen30 Posts: 8Member

@mumofLiam said:

The last time I checked my immi acct (I think 2-3days ago), nasa "further assessment" na tpos 19 - 48days. Then I checked my account just now, naging 28 - 48days na sya, huhu. Lodged my visa on 11 Feb 2020.

Me too. Lodged Feb 1 and have always had โ€œRECEIVEDโ€ as my status. Agent said itโ€™s just either received or finalised. So I really donโ€™t know whatโ€™s happening. Processing time has changed too. Still waiting for visa grant. ๐Ÿ˜”

@kaizen30 said:

@mumofLiam said:

Me too. Lodged Feb 1 and have always had โ€œRECEIVEDโ€ as my status. Agent said itโ€™s just either received or finalised. So I really donโ€™t know whatโ€™s happening. Processing time has changed too. Still waiting for visa grant. ๐Ÿ˜”

Hello my visa is also at "RECIEVED" status until now I lodged my visa last Jan 23,2020 and last morning i checked on it the estimated processing date has changed it is now 66 days. last time it was just 43 days something But still we would pray everyday that it will be granted soon

@sab16 said:

@lunarcat said:

@Pittsky86 said:

@sab16 said:

@dr3yBaDz said:

Sureness! Hehe Iโ€™m here na Sydney, tom na 1st day of classes sa MQU. Hanap pa ko accommodation, ayusin vaccinations, atbp to settle here. :) May pm ba dito? Pm me na lang ha @sab16 @lunarcat. Godbless!

lunarcat

Created a private message for the 3 of us. Kitakits soon! Enjoy Sydney <3

@belugaaaaaa dalaw ka din dito HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@kaizen30 @dr3yBaDz
    Wow! Baka mas madaming applicants lately kaya tumagal ang processing time ntin. Anong course nyo and which school? Do you have dependent/s?