Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Get an agent or DIY.

AUzhmAUzhm Posts: 8Member
Hi,

Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?

Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?

Yung mga nag DIY naman, ano naging total expenses nyo?

TIA

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    AUzhm said:

Hi,

Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?

Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?

TIA

If you have time to read all the processess in applying then you can DIY. Engaging an agent will not increase your possibility of visa approval. It depends on the documents you provide to support your application. Agents are only there to guide you what to do, ask for requirements, etc.
    The total amount you save if DIY is the Agent fee. The amount you spend on English test, skills assessments, visa fee, doc authentication etc. are the same.
  • AUzhmAUzhm Posts: 8Member
    @fgs thanks for that. Any recommended agents though?
  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@AUzhm said:
    Hi,

TIA

no, it will not increase the possibility kasi ikaw pa rin nmn ang kukuha ng english test at documents mo pa din ang gagamitin, they will just guide you along the process

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator
    @AUzhm @fgs in s> @Captain_A said:
    > @AUzhm said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?
    >
    > Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?
    >
    > Yung mga nag DIY naman, ano naging total expenses nyo?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > no, it will not increase the possibility kasi ikaw pa rin nmn ang kukuha ng english test at documents mo pa din ang gagamitin, they will just guide you along the process

Well, it all depends. We’ve got clients who have approached us to fix their messy situations only because they attempted a DIY approach. In the process, they ended up spending more time and money due to honest mistakes.

It’s true, there are times when using an agent won’t increase the possibility of a successful outcome especially for those who have done thorough research and know exactly what to do. However there are a lot out there who think they know what they’re doing only to end up in a messy situation.

Engaging an agent is definitely just an option. We can’t do magic for an applicant who’s got no chance at all with migrating but for sure having one makes the whole process a lot smoother - less mistakes and more peace of mind.

From my personal experience from years back, I was once one of the many skeptics out there with regards to using an agent.I didn’t appreciate the value of a registered agent. I was confident I could do it on my own as I did my student visa by myself but then I found myself with so much confusion in the end. The more information I had the more confusing it got and didn’t know where to start. A friend recommended this agent in Sydney who only charges $1,000 - at that time that was already cheap. I then got the guidance I needed. It was probably fate because I even had no idea about the immigration rules changing back then. My agent made sure I applied for my PR before things got tighter. If I would have not met her I most likely would have not made it to Australia. Since then my perspective On agents changed. Hindi naman pala lahat peperahan ka.

DIY vs agent, definitely a personal choice.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    @AUzhm @fgs in s> @Captain_A said:
    > @AUzhm said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?
    >
    > Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?
    >
    > Yung mga nag DIY naman, ano naging total expenses nyo?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > no, it will not increase the possibility kasi ikaw pa rin nmn ang kukuha ng english test at documents mo pa din ang gagamitin, they will just guide you along the process

Well, it all depends. We’ve got clients who have approached us to fix their messy situations only because they attempted a DIY approach. In the process, they ended up spending more time and money due to honest mistakes.

It’s true, there are times when using an agent won’t increase the possibility of a successful outcome especially for those who have done thorough research and know exactly what to do. However there are a lot out there who think they know what they’re doing only to end up in a messy situation.

Engaging an agent is definitely just an option. We can’t do magic for an applicant who’s got no chance at all with migrating but for sure having one makes the whole process a lot smoother - less mistakes and more peace of mind.

From my personal experience from years back, I was once one of the many skeptics out there with regards to using an agent.I didn’t appreciate the value of a registered agent. I was confident I could do it on my own as I did my student visa by myself but then I found myself with so much confusion in the end. The more information I had the more confusing it got and didn’t know where to start. A friend recommended this agent in Sydney who only charges $1,000 - at that time that was already cheap. I then got the guidance I needed. It was probably fate because I even had no idea about the immigration rules changing back then. My agent made sure I applied for my PR before things got tighter. If I would have not met her I most likely would have not made it to Australia. Since then my perspective On agents changed. Hindi naman pala lahat peperahan ka.

DIY vs agent, definitely a personal choice.

i agree.
    i am just speaking for those who are like me na hindi talaga financially capable to hire an agent, have time and determination to research, not complicated case and very much eager to try and risk.
    if you are like me, then DIY is better but if you want the process to be smoother and you are capable then agent is a better choice.

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@AUzhm said:
    Hi,

TIA

@muy_caliente said:

Hi, im also from Sg making our BM by end of march. From what i hear, very expensive ang agents dito sa sg. Yun isa friend ko nag inquire sa aims about 2 years ago and prof fee nila around 10k sgd and need na mag downpayment ng 90%. Agent fee lang yan and does not include yun ibang gastos like visa fee, medical, etc.
    In our case, nag opt kami na kumuha n lng ng agent sa pinas, yun nirecommend ng friend namin na nasa Au na. Since all transactions and communications naman are done online and no real need for a face to face. So it doesnt matter kung sg based or Ph based Or au based yun agent.

for your reference

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

• xiaolicoxiaolico Australia

@AUzhm said:
    Hi,

TIA

Look at it this way, parang driver's licence yan. di mo naman kailangan kumuha ng instructor para pumasa. puwede ka naman self study. but hiring an instructor will make things easier for you. it is true na hindi nakasalalay chances mo sa agent. pero papadaliin nila buhay mo. yeah magastos sila, pero they can tell you upfront if walang pag asa. at least pag walang pag asa, di mo na kailangan mag invest. like the driver's licence, pag nag lessons ka with A1 kunyari, 99% yan, papasa ka. Same with the agent, if kinuha nila case mo, 99% yan, lulusot ka. DIY, 50/50 ka diyan. but again depende gaano ka kasipag. to be honest with you, nag agent ako. di ako nag sisis. di na affect work ko. pinadali nila buhay ko. kaunting oras lang kinain nung process sa buhay ko. i used respall (https://www.respall.com). I highly recommend them. Sulit ang bayad.

Computer Network and Systems Engineer - 263111
    Age 33-39- 25points
    English superior- 20points
    Bachelor's Degree- 15points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

July 25, 2016- Lodged ACS
    August 2, 2016- Favorable letter from ACS
    January 10, 2017- Took PTE
    January 12, 2017- PTE exam results (L90 R86 S90 W79)
    January 12, 2017- EOI
    January 18, 2017- ITA received
    January 19, 2017- NBI (hit)
    January 23, 2017- Visa Lodge 189
    January 24, 2017- Medical bgc
    January 27, 2017- NBI clearance received
    February 2, 2017- Medical cleared (no action required)
    February 15, 2017- Grant
    October 26, 2017- Flight to Melbourne
    October 27, 2017- Landed in Melbourne
    July 14, 2018- Moved to Sydney
    October 11, 2019- Wife gave birth to a baby boy
    October 20, 2019- Applied for baby's birth certificate online
    October 23, 2019- Baby boy's birth certificate received
    October 25, 2019- Applied for baby's medicare
    October 31, 2019- Baby's medicare activated
    October 31, 2019- Applied for baby's citizenship certificate
    November 7, 2019- Received baby's citizenship certificate
    November 13, 2019- Applied for baby's passport
    November 20, 2019- Baby's AU passport received
    November 2, 2021- Submitted AU citizenship application for myself and my wife
    April 14, 2022- Received Interview with Standard Test letter. May 25 schedule.
    May 25, 2022- Passed the Australian Citizenship Test
    May 25, 2022- Citizenship Approval Received
    September 15, 2022- Invitation to Citizenship Ceremony Received
    October 6, 2022- Citizenship Ceremony
    October 18, 2022- AU passport application lodged
    November 7, 2022- Passport received

• brehbrehbrehbrehbrehbreh Posts: 17Member

Just sharing my experience din, most agents I talked to are adamant at getting you a Student Visa instead of skilled migration because they earn through the school. I have yet to meet an agency that does not immediately push you to take the school route. That's what puts me off. I once asked this MARA certified guy about 189, 190, 491, etc and he just brushed it off as "yes, you can do that, but the chances are low". Not saying he's not wrong, I just didn't prefer the student route as it's incredibly expensive, but he could have helped me at least with alternative options. I'm outside Manila btw so fewer agencies here.

@brehbrehbreh said:
    Just sharing my experience din, most agents I talked to are adamant at getting you a Student Visa instead of skilled migration because they earn through the school. I have yet to meet an agency that does not immediately push you to take the school route. That's what puts me off. I once asked this MARA certified guy about 189, 190, 491, etc and he just brushed it off as "yes, you can do that, but the chances are low". Not saying he's not wrong, I just didn't prefer the student route as it's incredibly expensive, but he could have helped me at least with alternative options. I'm outside Manila btw so fewer agencies here.

I agree, there are a lot out there who work that way. A proper migration agent would not even push for someone to study in Australia without emphasising the fact that it is not a guaranteed pathway. Unfortunately, a lot of aspiring migrants fall into this trap.

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@brehbrehbreh said:

@brehbrehbreh it's true that there will be those types of agents. But most of the time it will depend on the applicants situation and available documents which pathway is feasible for them.

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

@brehbrehbreh said:

Promote ko lang yung rinamit ko. Respall, they highly discourage yung student visa route. in case yun talaga gusto ng person, they will not help out na. They do not process students visas. Kaya I highly recommend them. Regarding student visa, me personally ha, sa mga nakausap ko, student visa, DIY ka na lang. Same as most din, if nasa 36 pataas ka na, i do not suggest mag student visa yung tao. not unless, aral talaga habol niya.

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

• kramkramkramkramkramkram Posts: 54Member

I was on subclass 457 before. During my transition to subclass 186, my employer wants me to focus on my work instead of spending time on the application. They hire a migration agent (the same agent who did my 457). All I have to do was submit documents, take IELTS, medical and thats it. Wait for about a few months and I got my 186.

• LovellaEllenLovellaEllen QLD, Australia

@AUzhm This really depends on YOU.. But fact is having an agent/agency doesn't improve your chances of getting ITA.. But if you choose to do it yourself, take note that you have to study for months, backlog reading, monitor current ITA trends and knowing the status/ceiling of your specific job. You have to know if you have a lot of competitions on your specific job bec if yes, naturally you need to have higher score to get ITA.

So just ask yourself if you have the time and focus to do it yourself.. You have this forum to back you anytime..If not, then hire an agent/agency.

But certainly, it can be done by yourself.

ANZSCO Code: 254423 | Age : 25 , Education: 15, Experience: 15, OET: 10| 65 Points
    July 2017 - Passed OET
    Oct 2018 - Completed Bridging Program at ACN
    Nov-Dec 2018 - Completed AHPRA Registration, ANMAC Assessment and Job Offer
    Jan 2019 - Submitted EOI for VISA190 (QLD, offshore) and Applied for TSS (482) VISA
    Feb 2019 - TSS VISA Approved and received ITA for 190 (QLD)
    March 2019 - Lodged 190 (QLD) VISA application offshore
    April 2019 - Started work in QLD via TSS (482) VISA
    Oct 2019 - 190 (QLD) granted - Thank you Lord and everyone in the forum!

@LovellaEllen said:
    @AUzhm This really depends on YOU.. But fact is having an agent/agency doesn't improve your chances of getting ITA.. But if you choose to do it yourself, take note that you have to study for months, backlog reading, monitor current ITA trends and knowing the status/ceiling of your specific job. You have to know if you have a lot of competitions on your specific job bec if yes, naturally you need to have higher score to get ITA.

So just ask yourself if you have the time and focus to do it yourself.. You have this forum to back you anytime..If not, then hire an agent/agency.

But certainly, it can be done by yourself.

agree

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

edited March 2020

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Promote ko lang yung rinamit ko. Respall, they highly discourage yung student visa route. in case yun talaga gusto ng person, they will not help out na. They do not process students visas. Kaya I highly recommend them. Regarding student visa, me personally ha, sa mga nakausap ko, student visa, DIY ka na lang. Same as most din, if nasa 36 pataas ka na, i do not suggest mag student visa yung tao. not unless, aral talaga habol niya.

I agree. No need for an agent to apply for a student visa. Save your money instead. And yes, if your intention is to move there permanently then a student visa isn’t the best option for your purpose.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

I agree. No need for an agent to apply for a student visa. Save your money instead. And yes, if your intention is to move there permanently then a student visa isn’t the best option for your purpose.

Siguro itworked for some, yung student visa as a path way to PR. parang ang hirap lang kasi, grabe dinadaan ng mga yun. I guess it will all depend on anong buhay iniiwan mo sa pinas. The student path might not actually be a step forward if may edad ka na. it is really hard to put yur career on hold for 2 or more years. tas it will really be hard for your partner if meron, to get a good job with the visa restrictions and company limitations as well. Just my opinion :)

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Siguro itworked for some, yung student visa as a path way to PR. parang ang hirap lang kasi, grabe dinadaan ng mga yun. I guess it will all depend on anong buhay iniiwan mo sa pinas. The student path might not actually be a step forward if may edad ka na. it is really hard to put yur career on hold for 2 or more years. tas it will really be hard for your partner if meron, to get a good job with the visa restrictions and company limitations as well. Just my opinion :)

In my experience, it worked for most people specially sa mga nurses. I'm not a nurse btw, but I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who are nurses. Almost the same story and most of them started their journey by becoming a student and now PR na sila, some citizens already. And having a partner, in my experience, is not a total disadvantage for as long as he is willing to work any job.

Sa palagay ko lahat naman ng gusto makapunta sa AU ang aim is PR or work visa at the least. The question is, do you qualify to apply for it? yun lang naman tanong dun. And if you fail to meet the requirements, then one can choose other options which is either quit the au dream or become a student and be ready for hardships. Karamihan naman sa nakilala ko na nagstart sa student e sanay sa hirap, hindi pihikan at hindi maluho. Sakripisyo talaga muna at tyaga sa umpisa. saka na ang walwal kapag PR na.

Just in case one chooses the student pathway and engage with an agent, kung may processing fee sila na singilin para sa student visa nyo, maghanap kayo ng ibang agent. May mga agency dyan na hindi naniningil ng processing fee for student visa dahil may commission na sila sa school. At may iba na tutulungan ka pa i-process yung PR visa mo for free basta sila yung agent mo in getting your student visa. =D

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

In my experience, it worked for most people specially sa mga nurses. I'm not a nurse btw, but I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who are nurses. Almost the same story and most of them started their journey by becoming a student and now PR na sila, some citizens already. And having a partner, in my experience, is not a total disadvantage for as long as he is willing to work any job.

Sa palagay ko lahat naman ng gusto makapunta sa AU ang aim is PR or work visa at the least. The question is, do you qualify to apply for it? yun lang naman tanong dun. And if you fail to meet the requirements, then one can choose other options which is either quit the au dream or become a student and be ready for hardships. Karamihan naman sa nakilala ko na nagstart sa student e sanay sa hirap, hindi pihikan at hindi maluho. Sakripisyo talaga muna at tyaga sa umpisa. saka na ang walwal kapag PR na.

Just in case one chooses the student pathway and engage with an agent, kung may processing fee sila na singilin para sa student visa nyo, maghanap kayo ng ibang agent. May mga agency dyan na hindi naniningil ng processing fee for student visa dahil may commission na sila sa school. At may iba na tutulungan ka pa i-process yung PR visa mo for free basta sila yung agent mo in getting your student visa. =D

Can I ask, anong age range nung mga kilala mo? and what year or years to? siguro kaunti lang kilala ko kaya i said what i said. I moved to au, more than two years ago. friends ko mga 38 pataas. wala ako nakausap pa na success story from a student visa from a little more than 2yrs ago and age 38 pataas. Kaya i guess i said what i said. none of them studied nursing as well, so hindi nga siguro ako reliable :). and yung any job for the partner, yeah i guess it depends anong career yung iniiwan mo sa pinas. ang mahal kasi ng tuition talaga. anway, good luck to everyone

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@xiaolico said:

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Can I ask, anong age range nung mga kilala mo? and what year or years to? siguro kaunti lang kilala ko kaya i said what i said. I moved to au, more than two years ago. friends ko mga 38 pataas. wala ako nakausap pa na success story from a student visa from a little more than 2yrs ago and age 38 pataas. Kaya i guess i said what i said. none of them studied nursing as well, so hindi nga siguro ako reliable :). and yung any job for the partner, yeah i guess it depends anong career yung iniiwan mo sa pinas. ang mahal kasi ng tuition talaga. anway, good luck to everyone

Age range would be mid 20s to mid 30s. about the partners, I know a few having the same scenario of both of them RN in Ph, Student si main applicant and secondary si partner, main studies & work and partner works as well, main enrolls bridging while partner still works, main gets nursing license and continues working, main gets sponsorship then partner starts bridging. work done by the partners mostly not nursing related. Some of them struggled due to wrong choices and wrong agents but still managed to get their PR.

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Age range would be mid 20s to mid 30s. about the partners, I know a few having the same scenario of both of them RN in Ph, Student si main applicant and secondary si partner, main studies & work and partner works as well, main enrolls bridging while partner still works, main gets nursing license and continues working, main gets sponsorship then partner starts bridging. work done by the partners mostly not nursing related. Some of them struggled due to wrong choices and wrong agents but still managed to get their PR.

Ah yun. Game changer yung 20s to 30s. I guess in my opinion, 36 up, wag na student

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@xiaolico said:

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Ah yun. Game changer yung 20s to 30s. I guess in my opinion, 36 up, wag na student

I agree. Usually at that age rekta PR visa ang priority or working visa at the least. But you'll be surprised, that there will still be a few who will insist even at the late age na kumuha ng student visa for the purpose of just going to AU in the belief that they can work things out in the 2years time frame kapag on shore na sila. And if wala na ibang option at kapos na sa oras, maghahanap na lang ng jojowain na PR or citizen para lang makakuha ng residency.

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

I’m actually a product of a student visa myself and it worked for me. I came to Australia I was only 22 years of age many years ago. though I could say even if life was probably not as hard compared to others since I was financed by my parents, it was still tough but regardless of that side of things, I’m more referring to the uncertainty of this path way due to the fact that in the 2 years that you’re trying to satisfy the study requirement, policy would likely change. I nearly missed out on my chance for a PR if it would have not been for my agent back then.

Now that I’m an agent myself, I have considered many times to offer this service but decided against it. I just can’t find it within my morals to assist someone knowing the amount of money they will be spending on something I could see as uncertain. It is a messy pathway and don’t want to be a part of it at all. I’d rather lose on the commissions I would potentially earn from agencies than capitalise on the aspiring migrants desperate to make things work.

_sebodemachoAngelkoh0618

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

It’s a different case with nurses though since they just need to do a bridging course.

If one insists to still study, I would highly recommend IDP in Makati. Not sure if they are still located there though as I’m referring to the time I used them 20 years ago. I didn’t use a migration agent at all, they guided me but during that time internet wasnt utilised much as it is being used now. Nowadays you can find everything on the internet. The immigration website is the best source. Student visa is very straightforward, there really is no need for an agent.

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Mahirap yung decision kapag mid-career na kasi substantial na rin yung kailangan igive-up. I considered student visa rin dati kasi nasa CSOL lang occupation ko, kaunti lang states nagssponsor & madalang pa magsponsor. In the end, I decided to stay in my job & increase points through tenure while exhausting all possible ways to get a skilled visa. Almost 2 years din ako nag-antay makakuha ng ITA. Pero yun lang, nasa list kasi occupation ko. Kung wala sa list ang occupation ang tanong din is kung gusto pa ba magcareer change at this point?

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Jacraye said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

It’s a different case with nurses though since they just need to do a bridging course.

If one insists to still study, I would highly recommend IDP in Makati. Not sure if they are still located there though as I’m referring to the time I used them 20 years ago. I didn’t use a migration agent at all, they guided me but during that time internet wasnt utilised much as it is being used now. Nowadays you can find everything on the internet. The immigration website is the best source. Student visa is very straightforward, there really is no need for an agent.

Yep, different scenario sa mga nurses. however they have to choose whether to take up uni then get their bridging or rekta bridging. both will have pros and cons.

Student will give you more time to prepare for the bridging since usually as a student you'll be getting a 2yrs visa. and it's not just preparing for bridging, it also gives you time to look for a good employer. maraming scenario pa ang pwede mangyari sa 2 years.

Kapag bridging naman, time is not on your side. short stay lang ang visa. so you will be only focusing on your studies and because of that hindi ka makakapag work. after getting your RN kelangan makahanap ka na kagad ng sponsor mo. or else balik ka pinas. Unfortunately, this happens to some. since paso na visa, kelangan na umuwi tapos from pinas na lang sila nag-aapply for work.

Both scenarios will not guaranty that after one gets his/her RN in au e madali na makakuha ng sponsorship. but both pathways can get you closer to having a PR.

So far, sa mga nurses there is one agency that stood out, Tagumpay Consulting Services. Au based consultancy. I dunno kung may office sila sa pinas but they usually meet their clients personally in the Ph and plan from there.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

I’m actually a product of a student visa myself and it worked for me. I came to Australia I was only 22 years of age many years ago. though I could say even if life was probably not as hard compared to others since I was financed by my parents, it was still tough but regardless of that side of things, I’m more referring to the uncertainty of this path way due to the fact that in the 2 years that you’re trying to satisfy the study requirement, policy would likely change. I nearly missed out on my chance for a PR if it would have not been for my agent back then.

Now that I’m an agent myself, I have considered many times to offer this service but decided against it. I just can’t find it within my morals to assist someone knowing the amount of money they will be spending on something I could see as uncertain. It is a messy pathway and don’t want to be a part of it at all. I’d rather lose on the commissions I would potentially earn from agencies than capitalise on the aspiring migrants desperate to make things work.

Good for you. I am not an agent, di ko talaga kaya iadvice yung student visa sa mga ka age group ko. normally ang sinasabi ko, check other countries. pero sobrang good for you, looking beyond the money. i believe in your industry, crucial yung ethics. hindi lang pera, pati yung future ng tao naka taya. so happy na you advice against student visa or not process it at all.

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

@maguero said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Mahirap yung decision kapag mid-career na kasi substantial na rin yung kailangan igive-up. I considered student visa rin dati kasi nasa CSOL lang occupation ko, kaunti lang states nagssponsor & madalang pa magsponsor. In the end, I decided to stay in my job & increase points through tenure while exhausting all possible ways to get a skilled visa. Almost 2 years din ako nag-antay makakuha ng ITA. Pero yun lang, nasa list kasi occupation ko. Kung wala sa list ang occupation ang tanong din is kung gusto pa ba magcareer change at this point?

speaking of carer change, one thing i noticed, ang dami kasi nag sasabi na ok lang mag carer change, mas malaki pa kikitain mo. i do not think this is true eh. ang suggestion ko nga, wag ka mag career change, mag step down ka, pero yung work mo dapat papunta towards sa kung ano position or job title mo sa pinas. one step backwards, two steps forward kung baga. wag ka na lumiko. if you get the same job and the same job title, sure mas ginhawa buhay mo dito.

Age 33-39- 25points
    Work Experience- 10pts
    Total- 70pts

January 12, 2017- EOI
    February 15, 2017- Grant

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@xiaolico said:

@maguero said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

speaking of carer change, one thing i noticed, ang dami kasi nag sasabi na ok lang mag carer change, mas malaki pa kikitain mo. i do not think this is true eh. ang suggestion ko nga, wag ka mag career change, mag step down ka, pero yung work mo dapat papunta towards sa kung ano position or job title mo sa pinas. one step backwards, two steps forward kung baga. wag ka na lumiko. if you get the same job and the same job title, sure mas ginhawa buhay mo dito.

agree ako dito. always get the job which has relevance to your experience. but then again, sometimes para sa iba it is not favourable.

for example, si engineer with 10yrs exp nag migrate sa Au and nag hanap ng work. unfortunately 3mos hindi sya makakuha ng job na related sa naging experience nya sa pinas. ang ginawa nya namasukan bilang mason sa isang builder. and during that time nag-try pa din sya maghanap ng work kaso sawi talaga sya. hanggang sa nakabisado na nya ang pag-mamason and eventually started his own business.

Meron din nurse, nagstart ng student, natapos ang bridging at nagka-license pero ang business ngayon is mag-install ng blinds and shutters. nakuha nya yung idea habang nagwwork sya as student.

Same as above, nurse din pero ang business ngayon pagpipintura.

Lahat ng kwento above, it is based from true stories. I've been here 4yrs pa lang pero napakarami ko na narinig na kwento of hardships, sacrifices, failures and success. Depende talaga sa current situation kung ano magiging next move mo. kung hindi makahanap ng work na related sa professional experience, maybe it's time for a temporary career change if not permanent. Kapag nandito na sa Au there are a lot of scenarios that could happen kaya dito papasok ang diskarte.

• ignormsignorms Adelaide

Balik ko lang sa topic: I would advise to get an agent. Less hassle at more peace of mind. Pero never be complacent kahit nag agent ka. Merong other visa opportunities kasi na pwedeng ma-miss ng agent mo, lalo na kung diverse yung skill set at experience mo.

tcha
  • magueromaguero Adelaide
    edited March 2020

0> @xiaolico said:

@maguero said:

@xiaolico said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@xiaolico said:

@brehbrehbreh said:

Agree ako dito, pero dahil lang sa personal experience ko na nakakuha ako ng job na aligned sa work experience ko and nacompare ko yung offer dun sa offer ng job na inapplyan ko na hindi related. Mas maganda talaga yung offer dun sa related job.

Pero back to topic. Kung balak mag-DIY kailangan matyaga magresearch, alerto sa changes, and wag ililimit ang sarili sa iisang visa type or sa iisang state. Subukan kung saan may opportunity to get invited.