Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Engaged/Married visa process

pinilkrpinilkr Posts: 1Member

Hello po! I'm new here and Ive read the ACS' entire doc, the FAQs and used the search bar.. I understood the process. But my question is, I'm engaged and I want me and fiancé to try our luck in AU. I was eyeing visa 190, 189 or 489, can we both apply under any of this visa? or is there a specific visa for engaged/married couple? I tried using the search bar for "Secondary Applicant" but I cant find any. If anyone can enlighten me of the best approach, they said whoever has the highest score can be the primary applicant... but the whole idea is still vague to me in terms of VISA. (We plan to do this without any agent or consultant, just DIY.. because we need to prepare for our wedding next year, April)

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

Visa 189,190 and 489 are points tested visas. The minimum points is currently at 65. You must at least meet this requirement for you to be invited. Your Fiance' can be included as de-facto secondary applicant and he/she wont need to have skills assessment or english test unless you are claiming for partner points. Follow these steps:
    1. Check the skills occupations list if your nominated occupation is included.
    2. Estimate your Score, if you meet the 65 points then proceed (you can increase your points for getting a high score in english test, state sponsorship)
    3. Apply for Skills Assessment ( check www.anzscosearch.com for options what visa you can apply and where if needed state sponsorship)
    4. Have your english test..unless it is required for your skills assessment, you can do it after
    5. Create EOI(Expression of Interest)- www.homeaffairs.gov.au
    6. Apply for state sponsorship if needed ( not all occupations are available in each state's occupations list)
    7. Wait for invitation to apply.
    8. Apply for visa.

If you need further clarifications, just send a msg. The above are just simplified process.

Goodluck

• arki_jigz06arki_jigz06 Manila
    edited October 2019

Hi question, I have a girlfriend for more than 9 years already, and we are engaged since April 2019 and I am applying for GSM but we are not living together due to religious belief. Is it okay to choose "engaged status" rather than "de facto relationship"?Thank you

• JERAERECREJERAERECRE Posts: 6Member

@fgs said:
    Visa 189,190 and 489 are points tested visas. The minimum points is currently at 65. You must at least meet this requirement for you to be invited. Your Fiance' can be included as de-facto secondary applicant and he/she wont need to have skills assessment or english test unless you are claiming for partner points. Follow these steps:
    2. Estimate your Score, if you meet the 65 points then proceed (you can increase your points for getting a high score in english test, state sponsorship)
    3. Apply for Skills Assessment ( check www.anzscosearch.com for options what visa you can apply and where if needed state sponsorship)
    4. Have your english test..unless it is required for your skills assessment, you can do it after
    6. Apply for state sponsorship if needed ( not all occupations are available in each state's occupations list)
    8. Apply for visa.

If you need further clarifications, just send a msg. The above are just simplified process.

Goodluck

Hi,

I am new here, as mentioned above. How about if we just got married, will my husband be taking the english test or no need? We agreed myself to be the applicant because he is undergrad in college.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@JERAERECRE said:

@fgs said:
    8. Apply for visa.

Goodluck

Hi,

I am new here, as mentioned above. How about if we just got married, will my husband be taking the english test or no need? We agreed myself to be the applicant because he is undergrad in college.

Everyone applying to migrate in Australia needs to provide proof of english ability. If you are the main applicant, you should met the english req of your nominated occupation..usually 6 or higher if you are claiming points for english ablity. Dependents like your husband is required at least functional english..band 4 yata or if he attended college( kahit di natapos), you can ask a cert from the school that the medium of instruction is english.

• pumpkinpumpkin Philippines

Hi, anong pinaka evidence ng de facto partner? Lately lang kasi kami nag live together, wala pang one year. But we are already engaged ng partner ko. Ano kaya ang proof na kelangan? Thank you!

• mlhg_tenmlhg_ten Posts: 15Member

Hi good day! Seeking advise on how we can move forward.

Fiance received ITA yesterday however when he first lodge his EOI (2 years ago) in SkillSelect his marital status is single. We just got engaged June this year and getting married March 2023. Can the he change the info in the lodge (de facto)? Or should he proceed with his application alone to meet the 60 days deadline then I'll apply separately later on?

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

• mlhg_tenmlhg_ten Posts: 15Member

Hello additional question. Would it be ok if in case partner was able to renew skills assessment and PTE within 60 days from now then proceeds with his application as single then gets visa approved and still proceed with marriage after having PR approved? Note: when partner created EOI, he included option to add family members (including de facto).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

• Syd2015Syd2015 Posts: 4Member

Hi all,

My parents were married (1993) then separated (2003) and father married someone in AU, then divorced 2006. Now my parents rekindled relationship in 2019, and plans to apply for visa 309. They already got their NSW registration of relationship certificate recently (mama is on tourist visa exiting this December). They will apply for her visa 3rd week of Dec 2022. When can we apply for her tourist visa? pwede po bang after 2 weeks from partner visa application?